Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      32 (29.4%)
       Fabinho
      37 (33.9%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (7.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      8 (7.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (4.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      14 (12.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Feb 28, 2019 03:59:05 pm

Manchester United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44030 times
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Re: Manchester United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Feb 24, 2019 04:21:52 pm
      Anyone happy with that need to wake up, it was horrendous, predictable sh*te, Milner awful end product, aimless crosses into the box time and time again, defensive midfield 3 wasn't needed today, all to one paced, front 3 shocking, Allison MOTM......if Ox was fit today, him and Naby would have been perfect in CM.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #852: Feb 24, 2019 04:22:35 pm
      I think we're all being a little too harsh here to be honest.

Overall I think we could have won but to call it an overall horrible showing is a little much I think, we just didn't have a spark at the end.

This game was 'can not lose' more than 'must win' in my eyes.

We don't have a tougher game left in the league this year in my eyes.

There's no spark because we played 3 holding midfielders, our slowest striker played an hour whilst doing the grand total of F**k all and the wide players were atrocious throughout. It's not harsh, it's the truth. If we want to win the title then they need to show it on the pitch. Against leicester, West Ham & United we have completely failed to do so. They had 10 men for most of that game don't forget. Rashford pretty much went on an afternoon stroll.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #853: Feb 24, 2019 04:22:57 pm
      Personally I’ll be fu**ed if I’m righting the season off after a draw against Utd
      As I’ve never been a pessimist but I will say that we do need to improve as we can’t be giving city any more bites at the cherry,they were there for the taking today and we really should have stepped on the gas second half and some of the subs was just bizarre and fu**ed me off.

we might look back at the end of the season and realise this was the point we needed.
      Jürgen is clearly annoyed with our form but confident win on Wednesday all changes
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Live: Man United V Liverpool
      Reply #854: Feb 24, 2019 04:23:01 pm
      Terrible performance. And worrying because it looks like they are bottling it. I honestly think that was the worst performance I've seen under Klopp. I am struggling to think of a worst performance.

Before Firmino we had 10 men on the pitch because Salah was non-existent. Trouble is when Firmino went off and Studge came on, we played with 8 men because Salah, Studge, and Mane might as well not have been on the pitch.

Alisson 8 (solid and probably saved us from losing)

VvD 8 (calm, solid, the usual)
      Matip 6.5 (great coming out with the ball at his feet but sometimes his defending gives me the wobbles)
      Robertson 6.5 (a bit erratic; lacks composure on the ball)
      Milner 7 (solid performance, did his job)

Fabinho 8 (played well, broke up attacks, held the ball up well, and looked composed going forward)
      Hendo 7 (again, solid, played well, but never going to excite you going forward)
      Wijnaldum 6.5 (because he had a great first half but faded badly in the second)

Mane 4 (wasn't involved and when he was - couldn't pass the ball 10 feet)
      Salah 2 (just terrible, worse game by far)
      Firmino 7 (for the time he was on he was playing well - cannot believe how much we fall apart without him)

Studge 3 (didn't do anything - and I don't expect him to)
      Shaq n/a (passed the ball around, sometimes he passed it forward)
      Origi n/a (willing)

So we did well in defence, not too bad in midfield, but were useless up front.

Klopp 3 - For me the main reason we were poor. He got it wrong bringing on Studge, for an away game at OT. In his defence, looking at that bench and seeing Studge or Origi, he must have been wishing Bobby could play on.

Also, not giving TAA so much as 10 mins at the end in an attempt to turn their defenders and make something happen, and give us an outlet. Also, why bring on Shaq and leave Keita on the bench when Keita has been playing very well? If you can find a way to bring Shaq on you can find a way to bring Keita on.

If we play like that from here on in, we'll be lucky to get 2nd let alone with the league title. About the best thing that can be said today is we are still top by 1 point. But boy oh boy when we stink we stink!

Make no mistake, we made a 'b' team Utd look good. It's not warranted to say we took a hard earned point away to Utd. We should have walked over that Utd 11. Not to worry though, we haven't got any more blood guts and thunder matches away from home against rivals who would rather die than let us win.

Oh wait...
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #855: Feb 24, 2019 04:23:21 pm
      Stop giving it the big I am and implying you are a better fan FFS. This is a forum and the fans have just witnessed another poor performance and you expect people to be doing cartwheels

Reasonably, I don't expect cartwheels. But I don't expect us fans to throw in the towel either. I see where what you and I are both saying don't meet.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #856: Feb 24, 2019 04:23:21 pm
      One more round at the top of the league then. Sure the lads who were 100% sure we would no longer be top by now will still find ways to be miserable.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #857: Feb 24, 2019 04:24:24 pm
      6 home games - Watford, Burnley, Spurs, Chelsea, Hudders, Wolves
      5 away games - Ev, Fulham, Saints, Cardiff, Newcastle

Away games at relegation battlers .. Well, lets worry about Watford at home first!

If we continue our current form, we'll probably end up with 93 points, at most and I'm being generous here and that won't be enough to stop city, unless we start collecting full points. Don't think city will have one two many slip-ups from now on.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 04:31:36 pm by redkop63 »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #858: Feb 24, 2019 04:24:24 pm
      you moan because your f***in moaners if you care you try to get behind them not pull every single part of their game apart.
      Every right to moan about that performance it was awful no cutting edge at all. City would ripped a united reserve tea m apart. Lucky to get the draw. Huge improvement weds needed. Firmino needs to be back soon. Sturridge is done. Salah n mane anonymous
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #859: Feb 24, 2019 04:25:15 pm
      This is F***ing depressing reading all this sh*te posts. Why don't you guys just F***ing give up and go support city? You probably left at half time in Istanbul. Huh?

Not going to apologise because I thought we were sh*t in attack, slow on the ball and should have won the game.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #860: Feb 24, 2019 04:25:55 pm
      Reasonably, I don't expect cartwheels. But I don't expect us fans to throw in the towel either. I see where what you and I are both saying don't meet.

exactly mate going to Old Trafford winning a point going clear at the top of the league what a sh*t day
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #861: Feb 24, 2019 04:26:52 pm
      exactly mate going to Old Trafford winning a point going clear at the top of the league what a sh*t day

So you were pleased with the performance then?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #862: Feb 24, 2019 04:27:39 pm
      Will the naysayers at least concede the point you all thought we wouldn't be top by now, and we are, and try and see the positive in that?

Because I sure as hell read a lot of posts saying City would be top today and I wouldn't bother looking them up.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #863: Feb 24, 2019 04:29:02 pm
      Every right to moan about that performance it was awful no cutting edge at all. City would ripped a united reserve tea m apart. Lucky to get the draw. Huge improvement weds needed. Firmino needs to be back soon. Sturridge is done. Salah n mane anonymous

you cannot say CITY would have beaten them because they didn't play them. I think people are just so selfish because Liverpool didn't play champagne football and trounce UTD 5-0 its spoiled there day.
      Don't think many if any will say we played well its was terribly disjointed but thatpoint could prove crucial 3 would have been even better but at Old Trafford a point isn't a bad thing for us we have only won 16 out of over 80 games there
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #864: Feb 24, 2019 04:29:25 pm
      As if I am watching a Liverpool team without the front line today, it's that poor. Klopp must give the whole lot, except Ali and Fab a good walloping. The lot looked disinterested, disjointed and scared to do anything useful in the final third and did not create a scoring chance for 94 fecking minutes and that's how poor we are at the moment.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #865: Feb 24, 2019 04:29:27 pm
      After jimmy's performance today it is clear as that we should have kept c...chris lawler
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #866: Feb 24, 2019 04:30:15 pm
      Will the naysayers at least concede the point you all thought we wouldn't be top by now, and we are, and try and see the positive in that?

Because I sure as hell read a lot of posts saying City would be top today and I wouldn't bother looking them up.

The experts gave the title to City back in September yet here we are this F***ing awful side top of the league with 11 games left
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #867: Feb 24, 2019 04:30:35 pm
      That 1 point might win us the title. Or, you know, that utterly dreadful performance might be the reason we blow it. That's why folk are getting twitchy.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #868: Feb 24, 2019 04:30:47 pm

Mate that was painful to watch - come on. You always try to see the sunny side and you’re right, a draw isn’t bad and we’re top.

But that was F***ing terrible football at times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #869: Feb 24, 2019 04:30:59 pm
      After jimmy's performance today it is clear as that we should have kept c...chris lawler

Hahahaha don't go there mate, discussing C...you know who... is almost as boring as discussing Hendo these days
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #870: Feb 24, 2019 04:31:48 pm
      So you were pleased with the performance then?

find a post of mine saying that.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #871: Feb 24, 2019 04:32:59 pm

Who's throwing the towel in ? I am being reasonable stating it was a poor performance  and they were there for the taking
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #872: Feb 24, 2019 04:34:21 pm
      That's two great performances from Fabinho against United this season. I was happy with the lineup but in hindsight I probably would just have gone with Keita instead of Henderson, who looked lost outside the 6 role.

Losing Firmino is a big blow, hopefully he won't be out for long, without him connecting the dots in the centre of our attack we can become a bit too predictable always going wide. Doesnt help when you have the likes of Hendo bringing the ball forwards, a professional in doing just that, playing wide at every conceivable opportunity.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 04:45:23 pm by Diego LFC »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #873: Feb 24, 2019 04:34:21 pm
      I think a good result. We got a point away at a hard team.

Quick Reply