Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36546 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Mar 03, 2019 06:47:46 pm
      Stop talking sh*te he didn’t bottle it at all -

Shaqiri has been poor for a while , came on a few times recently and did nothing

Keita has had a poor season where as Milner played superb on Wednesday and Firmino was superb before he got injured

He tried some subs - it’s not bottle and talk of it is disrespectful

Shaqiri has been given barely any time to make a difference 10 or so minutes sporadically maybe. Keita was in form, playing with real confidence and was starting to run at players and try make stuff happen.

Justifying Lallana and Milner coming on is really baffling for me but fair enough, I guess it must just be the internet fan in me that wont allow me to do the same.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #530: Mar 03, 2019 06:47:53 pm
      "Internet fan"? F**k me dude, you really need to get a grip. Us "internet fans" have been supporting the club since many years.  That is downright disrespectful. Just having different way of looking at things, not being a f**king "all is well" guy, does not make you any less of a fan.

Yes internet fans , people who just post on forums about the team , don’t go to any games or prob never have been and then believe they can post disrespectful sh*te about the players and manager

We are right now having our second best season in terms of points in our history since it went to three points - yet you have “fans” calling the players and manages bottle jobs , people saying tbe title is done etc etc - zero support for the players and the manager - so they can go and find another club to be a “fan” off
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #531: Mar 03, 2019 06:48:33 pm
      It's been coming. It's been so obvious. Some here were happy with it. Picking up the single points whilst City were picking up 3. Some were happy with sloppy performances. Players under performing.  Happy now?

That 2nd half was abysmal.

We had chances. Did nothing. Did little to even create the chances.

Substitutions were awful. Every single one took us back. Firmino did nothing. Milner not much more. Lallana? About 2 touches I recall seeing. But Origi off? Mane off? What?! Every decision gave us less and less threat. We were hopeless. Why not Salah? He has been off his game for weeks, and was really poor today, yet he lasted the 90.

I despair. Sad thing is, I saw it coming. Complacency all around.  :mad:
      THB Firmino was an improvement on Origi who seemed for most of his time on the pitch was happy to just jog about show very little endeavor and commitment to his game Gini was simply poor today, and for all the praise and how good he has played over the past couple of match today fab' was quite ordinary...

Two out of the three Mid-fielders failed to turn up

First two sub' I totally agreed with, but Lallana of Mane...??

To me he is like Sturrigde, should not even be on the bench...Summer clear out Sturrigde,Lallana, Origi, of starters

Knew that this game was a banana skin waiting for us to slip up
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,596 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #532: Mar 03, 2019 06:48:56 pm
      Never thought the script would flip and I’d have no worries on our defence at all and all my worries on the attack...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #533: Mar 03, 2019 06:49:51 pm
      United may hold them to a draw but without a better goal difference equal points is worth nothing.

In that case I'm very happy to inform you that if City draws and we win, we go above them, not equal on points.

Other than that, can you point to me where you think they might drop another point?

Are you going to pretend that you expected City to drop points to the likes of Palace or Newcastle before?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #534: Mar 03, 2019 06:49:51 pm
      We should have won every single game not just 7 points. In fact, we should not have saved game. We should have reloaded and replayed till we won. Only then save game.
      We should have gone 7 points clear at home to Leicester. Exactly one month later we are second, 1 point behind.

Read into that whatever you want - but those are the cold hard facts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #535: Mar 03, 2019 06:50:00 pm
      Lallana, trying to justify your own performance eh? :D

Blimey he came on for what 5 mins ? - people do love a scapegoat I guess - there is a lot of people that played poorly today - Mo, Mane , Gini , Fabinho , both full backs - it wasn’t a great performance but we only got a point because we when tbe Chance came didn’t take it - not because of the subs Klopp made but because we lacked composure in front of Feb goal
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #536: Mar 03, 2019 06:51:41 pm
      Yeah, and we played 5. 3 of them our biggest rivals. Still got more away points than City.

I see your effort. I guess if we draw another game, the ultimate Klopp out sentiment might come out... These are our fans. Your effort doesn't mean more...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #537: Mar 03, 2019 06:52:13 pm

Watford
      Fulham
      Cardiff
      Palace
      Spurs
      United
      Burnley
      Leicester
      Brighton

That's City's remaining fixtures. United may hold them to a draw but without a better goal difference equal points is worth nothing. Other than that, can you point to me where you think they might drop another point? Spurs? They've a terrible record against the top six. So yes, I truly believe the title is now theirs. That does not mean I want it to be theirs. I does not mean I won't be happy as larry to be wrong. It just means that I doubt very much there is enough games left for them to drop enough points for us to win the title. But at the same time, even if they do drop enough points and even if we do go on to lift the title, it does not excuse what happened here today, nor is it justification to tell me to go support another club simply for having an opinion.

Think they have to be favorites now.
      One point ahead, goal diff making it essentially two. Strolling through games.

BUT it's not over yet and maybe going behind will take the pressure off the lads a bit and they will come out fighting harder.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #538: Mar 03, 2019 06:52:47 pm
      In that case I'm very happy to inform you that if City draws and we win, we go above them, not equal on points.

Are you going to pretend that you expected City to drop points to the likes of Palace or Newcastle before?

You're right. I thought they were two points ahead. I still stand by my belief the title is theirs though but we'll see. I'm not going to argue it with you. It's an opinion and unlike some on here, if I am wrong I'll be the first to stand up and admit I was wrong.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #539: Mar 03, 2019 06:54:28 pm
      Asking you to run the last leg of the 4 x 100 relay a good or bad thing though?!

If you want the baton to end up in a and e
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #540: Mar 03, 2019 06:54:34 pm
      I won't say anything about our title chances in case some feel the need to call me a less than stellar fan. I'll just concentrate on the match. We bottled it. We absolutely bottled it 100%.

Not being able to trap the ball? Bottle. Not being able to play a forward 5' pass (Mane to Salah)? Bottle. Not being able to finish two or three great chances (Salah)? Bottle. Not being able to cross a simple ball (Salah) to a player in space in the 18-yard area (Milner)? Klopp also mystified me. Bringing Milner on (who did nothing) when it should have been Keita (who has been playing well) was strange. And then still refusing to bring him on and bringing on Lallana instead - that's stranger. If the guy wasn't fit enough to play at least 15 minutes, what is he doing on the bench? Klopp got it wrong today. 

Back to the bottle. I think it's bottle because mistakes once or twice a match, you could put down to nobody is perfect and mistakes will happen. But it was all game. It's nerves. It's to be expected. But you have to manage those nerves, compose yourself, stand up and be counted. We didn't.

We have just drawn four of our last six league games. That's 14 points dropped. That doesn't win you league titles. The fact we have only conceded 15 goals all season tells me the problem is our attack.

Mane and Salah were terrible and apart from the odd wonder goal here and there, they have been struggling for a while. Firmino did more when he came on than the pair of them together. Something is not right and it is costing up BIG time. Trouble is, I still don't fancy Studge or Origi either.

It is now out of our hands. We are now hoping City will drop points. And it is sickening because we should have gone 7 points clear against Leicester - but exactly 31 days later, we find ourselves 1 point behind. That's messing things up on a scale I've rarely seen before.

100% spot on mate.

I'm F***ing gutted at our form since December. I really thought we would have maintained a decent lead on City by now. I didn't expect us to win every game but to draw 4 of our last 6 is so so poor when you look at our squad and what we are capable of.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #541: Mar 03, 2019 06:54:37 pm
      This was another statement game, and another fail. City won almost all those tough games on the road, we almost never: the difference between a contender and a pretender.
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #542: Mar 03, 2019 06:54:51 pm

Watford
      Fulham
      Cardiff
      Palace
      Spurs
      United
      Burnley
      Leicester
      Brighton

That's City's remaining fixtures. United may hold them to a draw but without a better goal difference equal points is worth nothing. Other than that, can you point to me where you think they might drop another point? Spurs? They've a terrible record against the top six. So yes, I truly believe the title is now theirs. That does not mean I want it to be theirs. I does not mean I won't be happy as larry to be wrong. It just means that I doubt very much there is enough games left for them to drop enough points for us to win the title. But at the same time, even if they do drop enough points and even if we do go on to lift the title, it does not excuse what happened here today, nor is it justification to tell me to go support another club simply for having an opinion.

Ok mate. If you truly believe that City are going on a 10+ game winning run and won’t drop a single point then I dont expect you on the forum after every game for the rest of the season complaining that we are throwing the title away etc. As you already believe the title is gone so it makes no difference no now if we drop any more points right?

Even if we win the title ‘it doesn’t excuse what happened here today’. So if we win the title you will be fuming that we drew away in the derby? Seriously?

On paper they win all those games, but on paper they win every game they play given their squad, so it’s irrelevant. We need to stay close and hope they slip up.

If they close out the title by winning every remaining game and put together a 10+ game winning streak and go close to another 100 point season then we have lost out to what would be the best team in the premier league era.

Also, their goal difference isn’t that much better than ours. Without checking, I’d say it’s about 5 or 6.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #543: Mar 03, 2019 06:55:02 pm
      Blimey he came on for what 5 mins ? - people do love a scapegoat I guess - there is a lot of people that played poorly today - Mo, Mane , Gini , Fabinho , both full backs - it wasn’t a great performance but we only got a point because we when tbe Chance came didn’t take it - not because of the subs Klopp made but because we lacked composure in front of Feb goal

Ok Adam, you worked your socks off. Well done. Now go home and get some rest. Prove your doubters wrong. :D I'll be behind you for as long you're a Liverpool player.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #544: Mar 03, 2019 06:55:08 pm

First of Al lsoljkear on the record as saying he do everything to prevent lpool winning the league. United could hardly beat saints yesterday at home they were outplayed. Come end of season end of April united willnot want to beat city and they wouldn't anyway or draw city are much stronger. Even if they did we would panic and drop points straight after.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #545: Mar 03, 2019 06:55:10 pm
      Klopp got the selection wrong again and it was another disjointed display.

no one on here wants us to drop points, so for all the people moaning that people are disappointed - get a grip, its our right to state how we feel and to slam these disappointing performances

we created more chances than we have in previous games (bar watford) but we did not do enough with the opportunities, did not do enough to create further opportunities and milner and lallana are not subs you would put on if you need the 3 points.

Lallana is absolute sh*te now, pivot, pivot, pivot, flick, flick, flick and milner is a work horse and can cross - but not in these circumstances

Spot on with those observations
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #546: Mar 03, 2019 06:55:40 pm
      Think they have to be favorites now.
      One point ahead, goal diff making it essentially two. Strolling through games.

BUT it's not over yet and maybe going behind will take the pressure off the lads a bit and they will come out fighting harder.

Strolling, they have won the last 2 1-0
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #547: Mar 03, 2019 06:57:06 pm
      I'm f**king gutted at our form since December.

We played that way the whole year, the only difference: now we don't have the game luck we had months ago. We need some playmaker for midfield then we'll be able to overcome even such dry games without depening on some lucky shot.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #548: Mar 03, 2019 06:57:18 pm
      Strolling, they have won the last 2 1-0

It was the proverbial 1-0 hammering yesterday.  Walked it.
      Am not saying the race is over though.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #549: Mar 03, 2019 06:57:22 pm
      Much deserved relegation to the 2nd place and if we end up losing the title because of this run of games then it will also be more than deserved.

How many games in a row do we have to suffer from a clear lack of link-up between the forwards and the midfield all while benching Keita in order to give the guy a start? He's had two nice runs of forms this season and each time he was relegated to the bench for the next 3-4 games with no apparent reasons other than illogical fears of conceding.

This game, just like the Utd one, was more than winnable and the main reason we did not win them is because Klopp fields a midfield composed of 3 guys that can't carry the ball into the opposition's last third and have no natural ability to create or hold the ball and create in tight spaces behind the forwards.

As usual, the front three are somehow supposed to create their own chances, the full-backs are supposed to cross the ball into a box with only Salah and Mane (massive guys as we all know) inside with no runs from any of the midfielders. It's ridiculous quite frankly. You're the opposition manager, there's nothing easier to defend against than an isolated front line.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #550: Mar 03, 2019 06:59:13 pm
      It is so disappointg, having been a LFC fan since the 70s.

I thought we were really on to winning the league this year, however we have the nucleus of a fantastic team, but let us not kid ourselves, not replacing the likes of a recognised No 10 has been a major factor in not winning games we really should of.

There is a slight nievity in the way the club as a whole has approached this, and it seems the wait for success may take a little longer.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #551: Mar 03, 2019 07:00:16 pm
      This was another statement game, and another fail. City won almost all those tough games on the road, we almost never: the difference between a contender and a pretender.

You can keep this to yourself. Obviously you want us to know that our team is a pretender while City is a contender. What are you trying to achieve? What do you gain by doing this? Simple pleasures for yourself? Surely you are better than a wum? But I guess if you said the above you are definitely worse than one IMHO.

Quick Reply