Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Nintendo Wii

Read 21449 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Nintendo Wii
      Reply #69: Jul 20, 2008 07:24:51 pm
      The missus had the Brain age game for the DS and we were both hooked on that so I reckon we will soon have a look at getting the Wii version and I know exactally what you mean about being competitive we go mental with each other playing Tennis! love doing the rallies which she has started winning more of (grr) and she has a higher ranking than me too!

I got my best result on Wii Fit last night too 20 :D

I have been trying the boxing recently, very tiring! I think it's going to take me a while to turn pro on that one, even if it's the only one left I haven't done. Can't wait for us to get Wii Fit, we'll have to compare results on that one, though I think you'll be better as I 'm not really very fit at all!  :D
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #70: Jul 20, 2008 07:57:02 pm
      I have been trying the boxing recently, very tiring! I think it's going to take me a while to turn pro on that one, even if it's the only one left I haven't done. Can't wait for us to get Wii Fit, we'll have to compare results on that one, though I think you'll be better as I 'm not really very fit at all!  :D

Yea I like the boxing it's the best for burning off them excess calories for sure!

The Wii fit uses pretty much everything as well where it utilises the use of the board to simulate blocks and after 10 or so minutes of pouring sweat the trainer says "You can do better than that"  :o
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 08:01:01 pm by AJ »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #71: Jul 22, 2008 09:15:02 am
      Well its going to happen, I'm going out to send a good few bob on a wii.

I'm going to get it in Argos, and I'm getting the wii fit board as well, hope to have them all by the weekend.

I'm also getting a few games, a golf one and a football one.

What I need to ask you is, what is the best football and golf one to get.

Many thanks
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Jul 25, 2008 04:32:00 pm
      Well i'd wait it out if i were you for either Pro Evo or Fifa. I have heard they arent the best games right now because its their first crack at the style of game so maybe wait for the improved ones.

The golf game on Wii Sports is addictive at first but wears off. Havent heard of anyothers come out though.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #73: Jul 27, 2008 05:35:55 pm
      Anyone else got this?

Got it a couple of weeks ago, and me and the wife are hooked! ;D It's a right laugh, lots of little questions and puzzles divided into different catagories. When you get to the end of them it tells you the size (weight!) and shape of your brain depending on your results! Despite being mature adults  :f_tongueincheek: we do tend to get a bit competetive, as neither of us like to lose! :D

Whilst I have the biggest brain, weighing in at a mighty 1kg 860g, my wife is usually the winner when we both play head to head on two player mode! Definitely worth a giggle between friends!  ;D

Bump!

My brain now weighs 2kg 088g! And then the wife switched off the console because it annoyed her! :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #74: Jul 27, 2008 07:38:17 pm
      Bump!

My brain now weighs 2kg 088g! And then the wife switched off the console because it annoyed her! :D

Don't upset her when she's pregnant Ayrton........she might get you back one day  ;)

So can we now officially call you brainy  :laugh: :gt-happyup:
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #75: Sep 02, 2008 11:57:49 am
      I got a Wii a couple of months ago.  Love Sports and the WiiFit.  Only trouble is I play it for a while and get so knackered I have to have a few beers to cool me down.

Has anyone tried modding their Wii?  I've got a WiiClip and chip coming - hope it doesn't break the console.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #76: Sep 02, 2008 10:49:40 pm
      Bump!

We got this now and allthough I dunno what my brain weighs atm, I keep beating the missus on the challenge mode with mixed difficulty!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #77: Sep 03, 2008 12:05:01 am
      I got a Wii a couple of months ago.  Love Sports and the WiiFit.  Only trouble is I play it for a while and get so knackered I have to have a few beers to cool me down.

Has anyone tried modding their Wii?  I've got a WiiClip and chip coming - hope it doesn't break the console.

Let me know how you get on.  TBH not really got in to the Wii.  Was after a Wiifit but not got one yet.  I got that operation game but it's a bit too Americanised Japanesey, if you know what I mean!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #78: Sep 07, 2008 12:46:55 am
      Bump!

I just done another test and mine is 1038g atm and I got a Silver medal too ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #79: Sep 07, 2008 10:56:41 am
      Can somebody tell me what a really good game is for the Wii at the moment.

I need to start loving it more.  It's sitting there all sad and unused.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #80: Sep 09, 2008 10:28:03 pm
      Can somebody tell me what a really good game is for the Wii at the moment.

I need to start loving it more.  It's sitting there all sad and unused.

The brain training game is quite good and I hear Mario Kart is cool too, I still have to get that one @ some point.  Other than Wii sports and Wii fit we ain't got many games though as the novelty has wore off slightly now.  I'm still eagerly waiting for them to bring out a decent tennis game too!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #81: Sep 17, 2008 05:10:47 pm
      Got my chip now - fitted and working.

It's great - been playing TW PGA Tour 09.  Very good game.

Also Lego - Indiana Jones.  A bit of a kids game but not bad, some good comedy moments like Star Wars Lego.

I've got about 30 new games to try now.  Need the missus to sod off for a couple of nights.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Aug 29, 2009 07:16:27 pm
      Just hit -7 on Wii sports golf 9-hole game. Yee-haw!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #83: Aug 29, 2009 07:18:46 pm
      I'm lucky to get 0 on the 9-hole game that last hole always ruins my score.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Aug 29, 2009 11:08:15 pm
      I usually get par on it but i have got a couple eagles and quite a few birdies.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #85: Aug 30, 2009 12:01:06 am
      I got a Wii when they first came out like a year and a half ago, but then I got a 360 elite and the Wii lay unused for a month so I sold it on Ebay and got my money back on it, I was well chuffed :D
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #86: Aug 30, 2009 09:37:48 am
      forget Wii sports Tiger Woods 10 with motion plus is the sh*t.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #87: Aug 30, 2009 08:01:37 pm
      Got Ashes Cricket today for the wii.  Pretty good I have to say, only complaint I have is that the fielding is done by the computer.

Been playing for the past 2 hours now and my bowling arm is killing me...had to take a break. :D

This game has restored my interest in the wii for a while anyway...its been disused since the notion of playing Mario and Sonic Olympic games wore off about 6 months ago.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #88: Aug 31, 2009 07:34:08 pm
      Haha quality, I didn't realise that game was out for the Wii actually.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #89: Dec 09, 2009 07:22:55 pm
      Just installed a chip in the Wii, its so very easy these days, got 7 games just today, my daughter is over the moon, thats saved my bank balance for chrimbo.

oh by the way that wii active sports is boss, i will lose 2 stone to boot....maybe
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #90: Dec 09, 2009 07:40:36 pm
      I think me and the missus have lost the Wii factor now and are looking at deals on the slim PS3, one of the main reasons is the media capability which the Wii lacks unfortunately (ie blueray, DVD)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #91: Dec 09, 2009 07:47:30 pm
      Should i get that Wii Sports Resort for Christmas? Looks good :)

Quick Reply