Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32848 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #460: Apr 30, 2019 11:07:19 am
      Pretty sure Brodge has said he doesn’t want 7th and the issues around playing in Europa League  :(

Has he? Who wouldn't want European football and the chance to attract bigger names to the club. OK its a few more games but if it gets to much then just play fringe players in Europe and your main players in the league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #461: Apr 30, 2019 11:11:27 am
      BR talked about the pros and cons, but would take Europa if it comes.

They will want to beat City, no doubt.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #462: Apr 30, 2019 11:39:11 am
      I don't believe Rodgers would prefer not to be in Europe than in. That can't make sense leicester are not a spurs or united where only champions league will satisfy. What I'm worried about is that city will do Anything and I mean anything to win this match. Meaning kompany probably fouling vardy all night and getting away with it. If there struggling sterling sane and aguero will go down in the box if the wind even changes direction. If it was played fair I think Leicester have a chance.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #463: Apr 30, 2019 11:42:34 am
      Johnny Evans is a huge United fan and x player and schmicheal is former city player I think and his dad was a huge United favourite. This mean they hardly want to help liverpool win league? I don't no or maybe it won't make any difference. I'm just throwing it out there. Any opinions. I know there professional so maybe not. Goalkeeper and centre half are two key areas of pitch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #464: Apr 30, 2019 12:01:37 pm
      Johnny Evans is a huge United fan and x player and schmicheal is former city player I think and his dad was a huge United favourite. This mean they hardly want to help liverpool win league? I don't no or maybe it won't make any difference. I'm just throwing it out there. Any opinions. I know there professional so maybe not. Goalkeeper and centre half are two key areas of pitch.

You are literally talking to yourself.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #465: Apr 30, 2019 01:01:42 pm
      All we can do it beat newcastle Saturday evening and take it to the last day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #466: Apr 30, 2019 02:01:48 pm

Oh come on now, not back to this paranoid crap again, both these guys are first and foremost Leicester players and will want their team to win and secure European football.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #467: Apr 30, 2019 02:03:21 pm
      All we can do it beat newcastle Saturday evening and take it to the last day.

Yes, it will go to the last day whatever happens, but how much nicer will it be if we are in the lead and have it in our own hands with just Wolves to beat, who despite being a decent side are not a match for us at Anfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #468: Apr 30, 2019 02:09:04 pm
      Spurs really should have won their match

Yep, Spurs one was probably the most competitive where the opponent actually had attacking ideas of their own.

Man Utd and Burnley are both of a similar standard but in fact it was Burnley who made a better fist of keeping them out!

You'd like to think Leicester could do something but it's just hope.  It's not particularly based on any real optimism.  In fact, with City already having lost against them this season you would argue they have even more motivation for revenge.

I've got about the same amount of hope in Leicester as I have of getting six numbers when I put the lottery on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #469: Apr 30, 2019 02:33:25 pm
      Yep, Spurs one was probably the most competitive where the opponent actually had attacking ideas of their own.

Man Utd and Burnley are both of a similar standard but in fact it was Burnley who made a better fist of keeping them out!

You'd like to think Leicester could do something but it's just hope.  It's not particularly based on any real optimism.  In fact, with City already having lost against them this season you would argue they have even more motivation for revenge.

I've got about the same amount of hope in Leicester as I have of getting six numbers when I put the lottery on.

So you think the chances of Leicester, who are in great form currently, beating a team they have already beaten once this year is only 1 in several million, are you being serious?
      I think Leicester have every chance of getting a result, I think Citeh are the favourites at home but I'd actually argue that Leicester right now have a better attack and team than Spurs did when they played (obviously a big factor in that Spurs's focus was already on CL even in their league game against Citeh). I also think Leicester will have a real go at them and we have seen that the Citeh defence is vulnerable.

It should be a good game of football with goals both end and please please let it be the right result which would actually be a draw rather than a Leicester win, as a Leicester win would mean that Wolves have to win their game against us to secure 7th place, would much prefer them to be secure in that game and in holiday mode.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #470: Apr 30, 2019 02:40:12 pm

Bone dry pitch with longer grass and balls over the top for Vardy.

It seems like we are seeing more teams try to combat good passing sides by drying out the pitch and letting the grass grow a bit.
      It's a spoiling tactic, but it's their pitch, and their finances which take a huge clout if they get relegated, so maybe we'll see the lesser teams doing a bit more of it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #471: Apr 30, 2019 02:44:31 pm
      Yes, it will go to the last day whatever happens, but how much nicer will it be if we are in the lead and have it in our own hands with just Wolves to beat, who despite being a decent side are not a match for us at Anfield.

would be nice.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #472: Apr 30, 2019 02:46:41 pm
      So you think the chances of Leicester, who are in great form currently, beating a team they have already beaten once this year is only 1 in several million, are you being serious?
      I think Leicester have every chance of getting a result, I think Citeh are the favourites at home but I'd actually argue that Leicester right now have a better attack and team than Spurs did when they played (obviously a big factor in that Spurs's focus was already on CL even in their league game against Citeh). I also think Leicester will have a real go at them and we have seen that the Citeh defence is vulnerable.

It should be a good game of football with goals both end and please please let it be the right result which would actually be a draw rather than a Leicester win, as a Leicester win would mean that Wolves have to win their game against us to secure 7th place, would much prefer them to be secure in that game and in holiday mode.

They have a chance for sure. Vardy can score from anywhere, and they are on form just now.

If we can beat the geordies and the pressure back on City.

You just never know.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #473: Apr 30, 2019 03:15:26 pm
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v the other 18 teams in the league 90 pts
      Man City v the other 18 teams in the league 88 pts

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts

Can see why you say that, and it does have some merit, But in truth it was the points we dropped in the games we drew after the lost to City. Remember we were 7 points ahead back then, and the loss to City gave us a four point lead, the draws is what see us where we are now, which is why some here point *at the Loss points (two in each case)* to Leicester and West Ham as deciding factors
      ** Edited

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2019 05:02:59 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #474: Apr 30, 2019 03:42:23 pm
      Never say never depends if leicester really believe they can win. Sometimes teams are beat before they play city. We need a pumped up Leicester. City fans will be all out with there wee blue plastic cards 😂. Anyway need make sure we win on Sunday won't be a doddle.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #475: Apr 30, 2019 03:50:55 pm

I quite obviously was making an extreme point.  Maybe Leicester's chances are more like the possibility of me getting a free lucky dip.

the draws is what see us where we are now, which is why some here point the at the Loss to Leicester and West Ham as deciding factors

We didn't lose to Leicester or West Ham.  Man City lost to Leicester.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #476: Apr 30, 2019 04:15:28 pm
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v the other 18 teams in the league 90 pts
      Man City v the other 18 teams in the league 88 pts

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts
      Well said.
      My premature eulogy
      LFC had 2 matches vs MNC to directly influence the standings and LFC managed 1 out of a possible 6 points with a net of -3.
      And while LFC's defense was elite and the biggest reason for LFC's massive climb in the standings, MNC's goal scoring prowess was a constant all season while LFC's offense went into hibernation for most of January. When you don't score a goal, the most points a team can earn in a match is 1 and LFC's January goal scoring rut let MNC back into the race.

Still...it ain't over and at a minimum....we all get to enjoy 4 meaningful games this time of year. Hopefully, it will be 5......with 2 trophies.
      The consolation is palatable: massive amounts of cash to reinvest for next years assault
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #477: Apr 30, 2019 04:35:52 pm
      January and Feb always seem to catch us out every year
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #478: Apr 30, 2019 04:50:17 pm
      Can see why you say that, and it does have some merit, But in truth it was the points we dropped in the games we drew after the lost to City. Remember we were 7 points ahead back then, and the loss to City gave us a four point lead, the draws is what see us where we are now, which is why some here point the at the Loss to Leicester and West Ham as deciding factors

Yea I can understand why a lot agree with JD, but I'm more leaning towards this. We were still ahead. The dip in form for Salah and Bobby led to those draws. You could argue that the win revitalized City, but we're behind more because of those draws rather than the head to head imo
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #479: Apr 30, 2019 04:57:17 pm
      January and Feb always seem to catch us out every year

Jesus,you remind me of that Ireland poster,cheer the F**k up,summer holidays start soon.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #480: Apr 30, 2019 05:00:10 pm
      I quite obviously was making an extreme point.  Maybe Leicester's chances are more like the possibility of me getting a free lucky dip.

We didn't lose to Leicester or West Ham.  Man City lost to Leicester.
      Should have read the points (two in each case).... Will Correct
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #481: Apr 30, 2019 05:15:05 pm
      Yea I can understand why a lot agree with JD, but I'm more leaning towards this. We were still ahead. The dip in form for Salah and Bobby led to those draws. You could argue that the win revitalized City, but we're behind more because of those draws rather than the head to head imo

The loss to City hurt us as we would have been at  that time 8 pts a head, 10 with a win leaving us a head now, but we knew where we was back then and what we had to do. win our games, instead of hoping that City would slip up...

Win against Leicester and West Ham and right now we would be 3 pts ahead...

The reason that I keep bring West Ham into it is after the draw with Leicester I was imperative we won the next match (West Ham) and we failed to do so 
      Kopite78
      Reply #482: Apr 30, 2019 05:18:30 pm
      The loss to City hurt us as we would have been at  that time 8 pts a head, 10 with a win leaving us a head now, but we knew where we was back then and what we had to do. win our games, instead of hoping that City would slip up...

Win against Leicester and West Ham and right now we would be 3 pts ahead...

The reason that I keep bring West Ham into it is after the draw with Leicester I was imperative we won the next match (West Ham) and we failed to do so

Personally I can't believe you keep digging out a team currently on 91 points... let's that sink in.... 91 points.. with still two games to play over two draws

It's F***ing weird

Quick Reply