Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32440 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #483: Apr 30, 2019 05:48:45 pm
      I’ve finally accepted the fact that.....

We’re gonna F***ing win the league.. 🏆
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #484: Apr 30, 2019 07:29:23 pm
      Personally I can't believe you keep digging out a team currently on 91 points... let's that sink in.... 91 points.. with still two games to play over two draws

It's F***ing weird

Agree. Really weird.

It's as if some think we will go a whole season without drawing a few, or losing the odd game.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #485: Apr 30, 2019 08:37:39 pm
      Personally I can't believe you keep digging out a team currently on 91 points... let's that sink in.... 91 points.. with still two games to play over two draws

It's f**king weird
      How do you make out that I am "Digging Out" the team...??

And City Have 92 points 1 a head of us.... Let that sink in a minute... 92
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #486: Apr 30, 2019 08:38:31 pm
      The loss to City hurt us as we would have been at  that time 8 pts a head, 10 with a win leaving us a head now, but we knew where we was back then and what we had to do. win our games, instead of hoping that City would slip up...

Win against Leicester and West Ham and right now we would be 3 pts ahead...

The reason that I keep bring West Ham into it is after the draw with Leicester I was imperative we won the next match (West Ham) and we failed to do so

Don’t know if you watched the West Ham game (i was there) - we did well to get a draw to be honest
      Kopite78
      Reply #487: Apr 30, 2019 08:39:37 pm

Because you constantly drone on about it

I don't care about city.. it doesn't take away from the achievement and performance of my team

I'm proud of them
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #488: Apr 30, 2019 08:42:57 pm

And City Have 92 points 1 a head of us.... Let that sink in a minute... 92

I genuinely believe all your comments are designed to wind people up
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #489: Apr 30, 2019 09:10:28 pm
      I genuinely believe all your comments are designed to wind people up
      They honestly are not mate, but I feel some here are making too many  excuses for where we are, (in 2nd place) and too many excuses for some of the drawn games... We should not be in the position of hoping other team can do us a favor
      Kopite78
      Reply #490: Apr 30, 2019 09:22:17 pm
      They honestly are not mate, but I feel some here are making too many  excuses for where we are, (in 2nd place) and too many excuses for some of the drawn games... We should not be in the position of hoping other team can do us a favor

Anyone would think we're on 60 points not the 4th highest in league history

No one is making excuses for individual drawn games.. What people can't get their heads around is your inability to give credit to where they are and their points total and only focus on a couple of draws

We have been extraordinary this season..  so have Man City
      You're looking at it from completely the wrong angle and it's odd
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #491: Apr 30, 2019 09:27:12 pm

Too many excuse for where we are?

Excuses for being on 91 points with two games left to play. A points total that would have won the league in something like 25 out of the last 26 years.

Excuses for being two games away from our second successive European Cup final.

I'd sooner keep enjoying it than look for excuses that aren't really there. 

But you knock yourself out mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #492: Apr 30, 2019 09:56:39 pm
      Anyone would think we're on 60 points not the 4th highest in league history

No one is making excuses for individual drawn games.. What people can't get their heads around is your inability to give credit to where they are and their points total and only focus on a couple of draws

We have been extraordinary this season..  so have Man City
      You're looking at it from completely the wrong angle and it's odd

I do, and I have, but i don't cling to the total number of points or that we have gone almost unbeaten the whole season  like you a some here like a baby clings to a comfort blanket...

Yes we are on a highest number of point we ever had, but it means nothing unless we (a) Win the Title... (b) We can either do the same next season or we have improved enough to get close to it next season

If you and others here where more honest with yourselves I am betting that you would rather have  the win lost record of City and be where they are than have our record and be where we are now...

I recognized all we done this season an applaud it, The players and Klopp, but if you want to hold on to that "Comfort Blanket" that's fine, I have no objections as long as you stop using it to beat me around the head with...
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #493: Apr 30, 2019 10:23:36 pm
      COME ON LEICESTER LADS!

But first... Barca away in the Champions League Semi-Final... Good times ahead  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Kopite78
      Reply #494: Apr 30, 2019 10:25:17 pm
      I do, and I have, but i don't cling to the total number of points or that we have gone almost unbeaten the whole season  like you a some here like a baby clings to a comfort blanket...

Yes we are on a highest number of point we ever had, but it means nothing unless we (a) Win the Title... (b) We can either do the same next season or we have improved enough to get close to it next season

If you and others here where more honest with yourselves I am betting that you would rather have  the win lost record of City and be where they are than have our record and be where we are now...

I recognized all we done this season an applaud it, The players and Klopp, but if you want to hold on to that "Comfort Blanket" that's fine, I have no objections as long as you stop using it to beat me around the head with...

It's not a comfort blanket whatsoever it's recognising a very very good football team and one who is improving all the time.. one that may not win the league this year but one that will use this as proof that they can put together the type of season that league wins are made of and continue to do that going forward

You just want to focus on the fact that another side may get one point more than us and that our players will want to leave and it will fall apart blah blah blah

Again.. You are focusing on the wrong thing in my opinion
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #495: Apr 30, 2019 10:45:46 pm
      Because you constantly drone on about it

I don't care about city.. it doesn't take away from the achievement and performance of my team

I'm proud of them

Count me in,I am also proud of the REDS for what they have done this season.If it wasn't for Jürgen and the REDS city would of won the league a month ago.I still believe we can win it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #496: Apr 30, 2019 11:19:37 pm
      It's not a comfort blanket whatsoever it's recognising a very very good football team and one who is improving all the time.. one that may not win the league this year but one that will use this as proof that they can put together the type of season that league wins are made of and continue to do that going forward

You just want to focus on the fact that another side may get one point more than us and that our players will want to leave and it will fall apart blah blah blah

Again.. You are focusing on the wrong thing in my opinion

I like the way you ended this post... "In my opinion"... So much better than just telling I am wrong  ;D

So I respect your points and opinion although you are wrong thinking that is my agenda (The highlighted portion above)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #497: Apr 30, 2019 11:44:55 pm
      The loss to City hurt us as we would have been at  that time 8 pts a head, 10 with a win leaving us a head now, but we knew where we was back then and what we had to do. win our games, instead of hoping that City would slip up...

Win against Leicester and West Ham and right now we would be 3 pts ahead...

The reason that I keep bring West Ham into it is after the draw with Leicester I was imperative we won the next match (West Ham) and we failed to do so 

And if Citeh had drawn not lost to Newcastle, Palace and Leicester then they'd be 4 points ahead instead of just one, if they'd won those games they'd already be champions. Every team drops points, in fact has any football team in a Premier division ever had maximum points?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #498: Apr 30, 2019 11:59:34 pm
      Quote from brezipool
      They have a chance for sure. Vardy can score from anywhere, and they are on form just now.

If we can beat the geordies and the pressure back on City.

You just never know.

I thought we're supposed to hate Vardy at this club. Not out of spite or anything, we're just supposed to hate him. And next week, probably will be.

Leicester have no chance against City imo. Either they will just fold completely, or if they don't, City will open them up at will and pick them off. Neither way is particularly attractive from our pov. As we know, Rodgers teams are not known for their defensive solidity. This is someone who took Celtic to the Nou Camp and reckoned they could compete. Celtic lost 7-0.

I'm afraid that we're probably relying on Brighton for a favour, and that is a big ask. We'll probably send them a year's free supply of fish and chips or something if they manage it.

Well, anyone any better ideas?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #499: May 01, 2019 12:20:19 am
      And if Leicester get a draw, and we go on to win the Prem, what will all the detractors have to say about two drawn games then ?
      No doubt they find something to moan about, like we never scored enough goals, or conceded too many, or not enough clean sheets.
      They certainly won’t be able to enjoy the moment that’s for sure.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #500: May 01, 2019 08:29:33 am
      I thought we're supposed to hate Vardy at this club. Not out of spite or anything, we're just supposed to hate him. And next week, probably will be.

Leicester have no chance against City imo. Either they will just fold completely, or if they don't, City will open them up at will and pick them off. Neither way is particularly attractive from our pov. As we know, Rodgers teams are not known for their defensive solidity. This is someone who took Celtic to the Nou Camp and reckoned they could compete. Celtic lost 7-0.

I'm afraid that we're probably relying on Brighton for a favour, and that is a big ask. We'll probably send them a year's free supply of fish and chips or something if they manage it.

Well, anyone any better ideas?

Didnt know we were supposed to hate Vardy, why is that ?

At the end of the day, all we can do is beat Newcastle and put the pressure back onto City, everything else is irrelevant just now.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #501: May 01, 2019 08:32:27 am
      Too many excuse for where we are?

Excuses for being on 91 points with two games left to play. A points total that would have won the league in something like 25 out of the last 26 years.

Excuses for being two games away from our second successive European Cup final.

I'd sooner keep enjoying it than look for excuses that aren't really there. 

But you knock yourself out mate.

but but but, this one time we drew with West Ham. ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #502: May 01, 2019 10:02:24 am

It's f**king weird

I don't think he is digging at the team though mate. The debate is about where we are and why. JD made a very good point about City having the edge in the head to head whereas others think we had too many draws. The fact that it was still very much in our hands after the City loss and we didn't capitalize is what some believe. I don't know the history of Donavan's posts and whether he is always negative, but haven't seen that in this exchange, so it's a little unfair to accuse a fan of not appreciating what we've achieved this season for having, what seems to me, a decent opinion that differs from others.

If any true red doesn't appreciate what we have achieved this season for one second, than they're not even worth debating with in my opinion. Not just the points tally and CL semi for second season in a row, but the manner and style with which we have done it is an envy to clubs around the world and rightly so. I hope it doesn't stifle right to legitimate opinions and a good debate though. It will kill the forums.
      Kopite78
      Reply #503: May 01, 2019 10:07:28 am
      I don't think he is digging at the team though mate. The debate is about where we are and why. JD made a very good point about City having the edge in the head to head whereas others think we had too many draws. The fact that it was still very much in our hands after the City loss and we didn't capitalize is what some believe. I don't know the history of Donavan's posts and whether he is always negative, but haven't seen that in this exchange, so it's a little unfair to accuse a fan of not appreciating what we've achieved this season for having, what seems to me, a decent opinion that differs from others.

If any true red doesn't appreciate what we have achieved this season for one second, than they're not even worth debating with in my opinion. Not just the points tally and CL semi for second season in a row, but the manner and style with which we have done it is an envy to clubs around the world and rightly so. I hope it doesn't stifle right to legitimate opinions and a good debate though. It will kill the forums.

I'd read back then as he isn't talking about the head to head with City ( valid point which I raised at the time as momentum plays a massive part in sport) he's consistently banging on about two draws against Leicester and West ham and how we have ultimately lost the title

Which is why people make comments like this

but but but, this one time we drew with West Ham. ;D

Thanks though
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #504: May 01, 2019 10:18:06 am
      Probably going to be more a case of a team winning the title as opposed to the other team losing it.

Certainly with those points tallys.   Can't see two sides ever getting over 90 points in the same season again.

I do agree with the general sentiment that draws are a real ballbag.  You're much better splitting them into equal wins and defeats, points wise.

General point remains though.  Liverpool have been better than Man City against the other 18 teams in the league and the only draw that can really be highlighted as a difference is us drawing with City at Anfield.  Had we won that we'd be two points clear.

Winning the 'easy games' has often been quoted as a problem we've had down the years. 

Our record against the bottom 10 this year is P19 W18 D1 L0.  People moaning about that need to get a quick grip back of reality because it is the best record you'll ever see LFC post. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #505: May 01, 2019 10:30:58 am
      I'd read back then as he isn't talking about the head to head with City ( valid point which I raised at the time as momentum plays a massive part in sport) he's consistently banging on about two draws against Leicester and West ham and how we have ultimately lost the title

Which is why people make comments like this

Probably because they were the first draws after the City loss and allowed them to close the gap, a lot of fans I know feel like this. I put it down to sheer frustration. And he is right, people will forget the unbelievable season we've had if we don't have the trophy to show for it. Most fans here remember seasons like 2009 and 2014, but rest of the footballing world doesn't.

In any case, the season is not over yet and whether we win it or not, I'm optimistic most fans recognize just what we have done this season, even if they don't show it in every post.

Quick Reply