Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      31 (18.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      30 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      24 (14.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (5.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      32 (18.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      29 (17.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Voting closed: May 11, 2019 09:55:29 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 71920 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: May 08, 2019 10:03:18 am
      I went to bed last night my heart was still pumping out of my chest. Adrenaline was running through me couldn't sleep still not been to bed. What a night.

Glad you enjoyed it buddy, if anyone needed some positivity and an incredible result & performance then it was you. ;-)

Now come aboard, join me on the positivity train, Brighton will do it on Sunday won't they, come on believe!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #898: May 08, 2019 10:03:57 am
      I've seen some performances from us over the years. I've seen some results. But that is the best for me and I include Istanbul in that.

To come from 3-0 down to win 4-3 against arguably the best team in the world and without your two of your best players (who together form your strongest asset) is incredible.

On Monday I went for a game of snooker with my mate. He's a bluenose, but a sound one to be fair. He asked me what my predictions were.  I said to him it's going to be tough, obviously, but we have something nobody else does, and that's Anfield.

We all know it, and we all feel it. There is something magic about it.  It's why I never wanted to move stadiums. There is something magic about that place. That performance last night doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. Only in Liverpool 4.

For that reason, I was actually confident. My comments in the pre match thread are there to see and I state we will smash those idiots 4-0. And that we F***ing did.

I'm so proud of each and every one of them. I'm so proud of this club, the players, the manager, the fans. In such a short space of time they've given us a team that we all connect with and who we F***ing adore. They'd run though walls for us and we'd do the same for them. I F***ing love them.

Every man played their part last night, each of them are a hero in their own right.

I thought Alisson was superb. It was vital we kept a clean sheet and Barcelona had 3 or 4 decent chances which Becker kept out comfortably. His concentration levels were spot on.

Moving on to Trent. If it wasn't for the goals from gini and origi then he would have been my motm. He was F***ing brilliant. Coutinho didn't have a sniff all game to the point he got dragged off. He was defensively sound but also offered so much in attack too and got himself a couple of assists once again. That corner at the end was sheer brilliance. Well done Trent mate, excellent lad.

The two in the middle VVD and matip once again were solid as a rock. In particular I want to praise matip. We all know how good Virgil is but matip the past few months has really come out of his shell and shown what a top defender he actually is. Fantastic partnership and another fantastic defensive display.

Robbo. I F***ing love this lad. Wears his heart on his sleeve and was prepared to get stuck in with those cheating South American cu*ts. He takes no sh*t. Was devastated to see him go off and hopefully it's nothing serious, but everything turned out ok in the end anyway.

Fabinho. An absolute monster. He is another one who takes no F***ing sh*t. I love that he has that in his game and to be honest we've missed that for years. We've missed that bite.  He is F***ing everywhere, dominates midfield battles on his own, but he's also a fine footballer too. Very impressed once again.

Jordan F***ing Henderson. Now people who know me on this forum will agree I'm his biggest critic but what a fuckig transformation from this lad. Jürgen has taken him out of the 6 and he now plays as our 8 and I'll admit I had my doubts whether he was good enough but F**k me, the last two months he's been F***ing excellent. Another brilliant display from him last night and that's something I would describe as a CAPTAIN PERFORMANCE. One of the main things I've criticised him for. He was everywhere, ran his socks off, made the first goal, put his body on the line. Absolutely fantastic. Keep it up Jordan. Brilliant mate.

Jimmy Milner. Mr reliable. You know what your going to get from Milner. He never lets you down. 100% effort and top professionalism. Top experience. He then filled in for Robbo and did an excellent job at full back.

Shaqiri. I thought he gave them problems all night. He worked so hard as well. He has great feet and so much quality on the ball. He should be proud of that contribution and to be honest, it's going to be difficult for the manager to leave him out after that now.

Mane. Menace mane. Same thing. Gave them problems all night. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching mane grow as a player under jurgens guidance and watching him last night I was sat there thinking he's gone from a good player to a world class one. He's unreal. I wouldn't swap him for any wide man in the world and that's a big compliment to the lad. Another fantastic performance from sadio.

Divock origi. What a F***ing bloke. Very rarely plays but does he sulk? No he just gets on with it. When he's called upon he does his best and he's scored some F***ing vital goals for us. He bagged another two last night and I couldn't be happier for him. He deserves that. He's man of the moment. Our hero. The kops hero.

GINI WIJNALDUM. My man of the match though. Coming off the bench to bag two goals in five minutes to put your team back in the tie. WOW. He was everywhere too and at times just took the F***ing piss. Liverpool taking the piss LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL TAKING THE PISS.

I'm on cloud F***ing 9 today I'm just so F***ing buzzing. I F***ing love this club.

GET THE F**k IN. MADRID HERE WE COME.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #899: May 08, 2019 10:06:47 am
      Absolutely typical! Had a safety stand down briefing on our project, the time of the briefing, 19:00 hrs!!! Briefing finished at 19:50, an hours drive from Newport back home to the family! Listened to the first half on the radio, was 20 minutes from house and the F***ing turbo gave way!!!!! Game was recording on the box so i had to watch the game in a lay-by on my phone while i patiently waited for the AA to arrive! Got home at 01:00 hrs this morning and i was determined to watch the entire game and i F***ing did!

What a F***ing result! We absolutely dominated them from start to finish (i fully expected this anyway). Every single player on that pitch did everything that was asked of them and then some. This isn't the most skilled Liverpool team i've ever seen but the togetherness of the entire squad created by Klopp gives us that extra 20% that other teams don't have. We had no right to beat Barcelona 4-0, ask any expert or pundit prior to kick off, well guess what, we F***ing did!

How ironic that it was Fabinho that fu**ed over Messi at the end of the game after that travesty at the Nou Camp a week earlier! F***ing outstanding!

All the goals were top class but that quick thinking from Alexander Arnold was as Robbie Fowler said, "Pure genius."

Quote of the night was from the Scottish juggernaut, “I don’t care, who’s going to the final?”

F***ing class....

We're in the final.

"F***ing MENTALITY GIANTS"

Even United fans love Klopp and who can blame them, the man is a F***ing genius  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #900: May 08, 2019 10:10:19 am
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #901: May 08, 2019 10:12:21 am
      Amazing!! Simply amazing. How could anybody doubt the heart and character of these boys. They gave everything, and this victory is as result of the players, management and crowd. A true team effort on a special, special night. YNWA
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #902: May 08, 2019 10:27:21 am
      Keep the discussion coming lads. Want to enjoy this result all day..  ;D

What a feeling right now!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,704 posts | 3938 
      Reply #903: May 08, 2019 10:30:31 am
      So much better than Barcelona and that’s a fact - over two legs we were brilliant. How the F**k they scored 3 goals is beyond me.

We took them apart and deserved the win.

I honestly can’t believe we got to play a team with the two snakes and send them home packing - best feeling in the world.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #904: May 08, 2019 10:33:24 am
      Suarez thought he was been sneaky kicking robertson as he had done in first leg. He didn't know he had just let the genie out of the bottle.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Reply #905: May 08, 2019 10:36:30 am
      Andy Robertson's comments post match when asked about Suarez kicking him out of the game.

'Yeah, but who's going to the final.'

What a bunch of lads they all are.  They deserved last night after the way the league has panned out.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #906: May 08, 2019 10:38:26 am
      I will watch the game in its entirety again this afternoon and then watch it again after that. The faces of Suarez and Messi at the final whistle will forever be etched in my fondest of memories.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #907: May 08, 2019 10:39:44 am
      Was never in doubt :D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #908: May 08, 2019 10:44:00 am
      Get your tickets for the final quick. Prices are going up by the hour. Robbing bas**rds it we need to be there.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #909: May 08, 2019 10:44:40 am
      Keep the discussion coming lads. Want to enjoy this result all day..  ;D

What a feeling right now!!
      All day ? Nah mate last nights performance will be talked about for a lifetime.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #910: May 08, 2019 10:45:24 am
      I thought their manager was very honest in his post match comments.

None of their gobs***e players come out and congratulated us, no?

Nothing from coutinho or Suarez?

Pair of bellends. You made your bed. Now off you F**k.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #911: May 08, 2019 10:46:43 am
      So much better than Barcelona and that’s a fact - over two legs we were brilliant. How the f**k they scored 3 goals is beyond me.

We took them apart and deserved the win.

I honestly can’t believe we got to play a team with the two snakes and send them home packing - best feeling in the world.
      Aye mate & two snakes that will crawl back under there rocks.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #912: May 08, 2019 10:49:47 am
      Have you ever seen two matches where coutinho was so quiet. He was awful.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,313 posts | 768 
      Reply #913: May 08, 2019 10:49:55 am
      Truly great team effort, who never gave up from start to finish. Blew away Barcelona who seemingly had no answer to the mighty Reds, at Anfield last night.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #914: May 08, 2019 10:50:31 am
      All day ? Nah mate last nights performance will be talked about for a lifetime.

I thought asking you all to keep commenting in this thread for a lifetime was a bit much...  ;)
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #915: May 08, 2019 10:51:06 am
      Has anyone seen Coutinho??? Apparently his parents are very worried.

;D ;D ;D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #916: May 08, 2019 10:51:35 am
      OG... Original football Gangster... You have seen it, Lived it.... Have all the tea shirts and then some...

Loved your stories, If I was the owner of LFC every supporter like you would a free season ticket and seated behind the dug out, or anywhere you wished

Thanks, Don. I'm going to send your post to Anfield.

Last night was almost as good as seeing the Saint score from Cally's cross in 1965, when we won our first F.A.Cup
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #917: May 08, 2019 10:52:31 am
      Working from home today and getting fook all done! Keep smiling, laughing, intermittent fist pump and clenches! Got SSN and Talk sh*te on and enjoying the Liverpool Love In!!!!!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #918: May 08, 2019 11:08:43 am
      Working from home today and getting fook all done! Keep smiling, laughing, intermittent fist pump and clenches! Got SSN and Talk Sh*te on and enjoying the Liverpool Love In!!!!!

Even Talksport what are they saying then?
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #919: May 08, 2019 11:13:32 am

Quick Reply