Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 54168 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #115: May 09, 2019 09:39:42 pm
      We need everyone back fit and match fit. I'm just worrying will Bobby be match fit if he dosent play v wolves. Three weeks we need to keep sharp in meantime. Is it not very late for CL final 1st June. Used to be few days after or before cup final.

It’s a week later than usual I think, but I’m bloody glad it is. Am at my sister in laws wedding in France the Saturday before and then get home on the day of the final landing at 12.30! We haven’t been the best when playing immediately after a long break this season. Hopefully that isn’t the case in the 1st
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #116: May 09, 2019 10:26:15 pm
      Wrong thread, but does anyone know where I can buy some pyro online? Heading to the pub for the final with some lads, going to make sure it's s proper occasion 😁
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #117: May 09, 2019 10:29:47 pm
      Wrong thread, but does anyone know where I can buy some pyro online? Heading to the pub for the final with some lads, going to make sure it's s proper occasion 😁

large amounts of alcohol is my plan its going to be F***ing glorious
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #118: May 09, 2019 10:31:13 pm
      It’s a week later than usual I think, but I’m bloody glad it is. Am at my sister in laws wedding in France the Saturday before and then get home on the day of the final landing at 12.30! We haven’t been the best when playing immediately after a long break this season. Hopefully that isn’t the case in the 1st

fear not the diet of bloody red meat the week before the game is going to have them coming out like wild animals
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #119: May 10, 2019 04:07:37 am
      After PSG, Bayern & Barcelona we are worried about Spurs?

Hope Kane get's better and can feature..he fit's nicely in Virgil's pocket.

That is not the attitude we should take to the final.

Barcelona came to Anfield feeling themselves like they were gods. You saw how that ended for them; they got killed.

There is no easy final. Spurs have never been here before; at least not in recent times. They will come to fight and try to win.

We must be ready to kill them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #120: May 10, 2019 04:27:28 am
      High ticket prices and sky high accommodation and flight prices will test the fans finances. Both clubs getting 16,613 tickets each that leaves 33,000 odd tickets. This is ridiculous in this age where neutral fans can easily watch the game on TV.

UEFA should at the very least give teams 50% of their home attendances.Bout 25,000 each.

Thankfully I booked soon enough for prices not to be extortionate (my flights are $1,700 and then saw the same flight jump to $4k as soon as i booked). It's a F***ing joke, though.

And don't get me started on match tickets. I refuse to pay the prices those scammers are listing for.

After PSG, Bayern & Barcelona we are worried about Spurs?

Hope Kane get's better and can feature..he fit's nicely in Virgil's pocket.

We've beaten the French champs and knocked out the Portuguese, German and Spanish champs so far.

The only team that is stopping us from winning number six is ourselves, i reckon.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #121: May 10, 2019 07:55:14 am
      I hope chelsea beat arsenal in europa league final as if arsenal win spurs will not want there neighbours up staging them few days before our final. Think Toby anderwield is a former athletico player too. Can't wait for it. Please let it be number 6. I'd preferred ajax as they play such a high line we would got through on them. Its spurs they want to make it a dogfight and keep it cagey and hit us on counter. I think we should win. Felt for ajax other night where hell did ref get over 8 minutes of injury time out of.

Hope the three week break to the final will not affect our rhythm. Don't be heading back to dubai lads. Keep focused.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 08:46:32 am by JD »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #122: May 10, 2019 08:31:14 am
      I think the intensity of the title race, with the relentless pressure (which we’ve never seen in any previous race imo) stands us in good stead for this.

We have played the last 3 months knowing each time that any slip up will cost us the league. We can transfer that ability to cope with the pressure to this, whereas Spurs don’t really have any previous or recent experience to rely on.

Oh Spurs know plenty about pressure, the pressure of getting top4 and by some miracle they have achieved it despite choking in almost all of their last 5-6 games. They are serial chokers whereas we have learned to deal with pressure and conquer it. We are also a better side than them, as the table shows.
      There is no room for complacency, ever, but I really think we should win this final by a similar margin as Real Madrid did last year.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #123: May 10, 2019 08:46:11 am
      Big time gap between Wolves and the final. Nearly 3 weeks. Time to get the players fit and fresh but staying sharp at the same time. Hard to stay focused over that period. 3 weeks is a long time for players who are fit and well not to play a competitive game.

It's going to be the LFC Reds favourite.... Training Camp!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,546 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #124: May 10, 2019 08:47:52 am

Yes it will be horrible, Horrible for f***in them, they will think they can get the better of us because they know us too well from our league encounters, however, we are a totally different animal when we play at CL level, that will be their downfall, that then add their ‘Rabbit in the headlights’  first final inexperience,
      Whereas we’ve been their done that wear the T-shirt,

I think we will f***in batter them,  they won’t get a f***in sniff unless it’s their missus panties, seriously, I’ll be shocked if we’re not 2-0 up at HT,

We’ll have Bobby & Mo back by then, back to run f***in riot all over their panicky back line and sh*t Keeper.
      No6,No6,No6No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6.No6,No6,No6,No6,No6,No6, No6.

F**k OFF SPUDS !!!

YNWA

this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #125: May 10, 2019 08:57:30 am
      As well as it being gut wrenching the see Spurs win it, the thought of Emery or Sarri winning something now too is an extra bit of motivation. Just imagine teams that have been nowhere as good as us his season having something to show for this year.

Gotta win this final, can’t take another runners up.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #126: May 10, 2019 09:38:40 am
      We gotta win it because LFC is a big club.

Big clubs don't play in a final...they win it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #127: May 10, 2019 12:15:01 pm
      We gotta win it because LFC is a big club.

Big clubs don't play in a final...they win it.

Hmmm..

We lost last year in the final... does that mean we were not a big club?..
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #128: May 10, 2019 12:33:23 pm
      Hmmm..

We lost last year in the final... does that mean we were not a big club?..

It was a clash between two top clubs...one wins.

This year we are the only big european club.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2019 12:42:35 pm by nikos »
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #129: May 10, 2019 12:43:36 pm

This year we are the only big european club between the two finalists.

Reputation counts for nothing when you step onto the pitch.

We need to be 100% prepared and focussed and be ready for a fight, as Spurs won’t just roll over. They will feel after City and Ajax that their name is on the trophy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #130: May 10, 2019 12:52:37 pm

We need to be 100% prepared and focussed and be ready for a fight, as Spurs won’t just roll over. They will feel after City and Ajax that their name is on the trophy.

Yeah, they've been really good in the CL, need to go out there prepared for a tough match.

One thing that might stand to us is having been in the final just last year, and gone through the massive buildup etc. before.

And we've strengthened since then too, no Karius or Lovren this time round.

Brilliant to have the final to look forward to :)
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #131: May 10, 2019 01:15:41 pm

I don't think anyone's suggesting that we should treat this final as a training game and not giving it its due respect, but i think "been there before" can have an impact.

Spurs have plenty of good players like Kane, Son, Eriksen, Diving Ali, etc so they need to be respected, but we probably go into this game as favorites and rightly so. Plus no Ramos to chop us down.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #132: May 10, 2019 02:03:37 pm
      It's going to be the LFC Reds favourite.... Training Camp!

We're off to Benidorm!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,546 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #133: May 10, 2019 02:21:46 pm
      Yeah, they've been really good in the CL, need to go out there prepared for a tough match.

One thing that might stand to us is having been in the final just last year, and gone through the massive buildup etc. before.

And we've strengthened since then too, no Karius or Lovren this time round.

Brilliant to have the final to look forward to :)

The fact this team of ours has lost 3 finals already, means they are mega hungry, we just need that 1st trophy under klopp, then Im sure many more will follow.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #134: May 10, 2019 02:23:14 pm

They say it is the best sauce :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #135: May 10, 2019 03:51:01 pm
      The fact this team of ours has lost 3 finals already, means they are mega hungry, we just need that 1st trophy under klopp, then Im sure many more will follow.

First one Sunday, second one June 1st please  ;)

I think this game will be the most nervous I have ever been for a game all the same. Losing is not an option!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,546 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: May 10, 2019 03:51:46 pm
      They say it is the best sauce :)

;D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #137: May 10, 2019 04:17:24 pm
      It's ridiculous and F***ing not on that once we qualified flights have quadrupled in price. Hotels have gone from a 100a night till one thousand. There should be a law where you can't just hike prices up as far as you can.

Quick Reply