Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Preseason friendlies in England, America

Read 49786 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Re: Preseason friendlies in England, America
      Reply #299: Jul 28, 2019 07:19:12 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #300: Jul 28, 2019 07:20:50 pm

Is it? F***ing hell I'd hate to be at the game alongside some of you give up already miserable tw*ts.

Why bother supporting the team with this type of defeatist attitude?
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #301: Jul 28, 2019 07:33:41 pm
      Sadly we lack squad win league l feel we good first 11 but lack squad push on first 11 if out injury
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #302: Jul 28, 2019 08:09:33 pm
      I genuinely don’t give a F**k about these results
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #303: Jul 28, 2019 08:26:48 pm
      Currently in Edinburgh after being at the match, had a cracking day out, not a great performance but it’s a game that meant nothing really, Alexander Arnold coughs out of position way too often for me, the young lads near the end of the game looked quite good, and to be fair thought Napoli looked really good on the ball.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #304: Jul 28, 2019 08:37:30 pm
      Sadly we lack squad win league l feel we good first 11 but lack squad push on first 11 if out injury

Happily me have Ignore so can not read you sh*te post no more. Team still very good. Still find legs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #305: Jul 28, 2019 08:39:30 pm
      Well its clear we have a new king WUM who is going to destroy match day threads with his negativity.
      ITS PRESEASON TRAINING nothing more and this result was no more important than beating Tranmere 6-0. The first game of any importance is Norwich so people should keep their moans until then when if we don't win 6-0 they can slag off everyone from OX to the tea lady (or person).
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #306: Jul 28, 2019 08:44:38 pm
      Everyone seems to be concerned about our alternative strike force.
      I’m more concerned with the amount of goals we’re shipping !
      Charity shield next week and we look a million miles from where we should be in terms of performance, and I think this shows the drop in quality of our back up players !
      Lots of work to do in the week !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #307: Jul 28, 2019 08:46:29 pm
      Happily me have Ignore so can not read you sh*te post no more. Team still very good. Still find legs.

On ignore? Reads like he's hacked your F***ing account, mate :D
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #308: Jul 28, 2019 08:47:39 pm
      I be support Liverpool all my life never said we got bad team, l said first 11 is good as any team, but if what win league you need better squad we drop out league cup and fa cup still could not win league l feel we need add one or two better players push on first team players
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #309: Jul 28, 2019 08:53:41 pm
      I think it s a concern to lose 3-0 to an Italian side who I'm guessing are at least a week behind in their prep. We usually dick Italian sides in pre-season (partly because of them being behind us). Ho peril your ore-season results will not reflect what's about to come in the season, a good few posters confidently shouting that 'pre season results mean feck all' but the truth is we usually win them, or the majority of them, every single year. We've lost 3 and dean one against the teams who are any good. It's a bit of a worry if you ask me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #310: Jul 28, 2019 09:11:21 pm
      I’m more concerned with the amount of goals we’re shipping !

Lots of work to do in the week !

Wait until the Big Bearded Boss Brazilian b***ard is back between the sticks!!

Starts training tomorrow, everything will be calm again.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #311: Jul 28, 2019 09:25:58 pm
      Wait until the Big Bearded Boss Brazilian B***ard is back between the sticks!!

Starts training tomorrow, everything will be calm again.

I think it's primarily fatigue that has impacted the performances in these matches. The midfielders and outside backs do not appear to have the legs to handle the transitions (both directions) that are so important to what we do. On top of that I think Jürgen opted to use two players out of position (Ox and Gini) for these two matches to get match minutes into their legs rather than have the optimal players in those roles.

Migs made the clanker against Sporting but he made some good saves again today and I saw only the one goal where he might have done better.

Klopp says he will focus this week on regaining freshness. This makes me wonder what he will do for the match in Geneva on Wednesday. It will only be Mo and Bobby's third day back in training (Naby and Shaq's 4th) so I don't know if we will see much, if any of them. Saying that, it makes a short break for all the midfield and defensive players who started today and looked so weary. I'd almost rather he used the group that was on in the final 20 minutes more extensively vs. Lyon, and I don't care if it makes for a bad result. I'd rather have the team ready to go next weekend and especially on Aug. 9.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #312: Jul 28, 2019 10:20:36 pm
      And where will Napoli finish this season Serie A and CL winners I suppose? :roll:

How does that make the loss easier to take?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #313: Jul 28, 2019 10:26:13 pm
      Just back after a few ales ,pre season with a bit off work still to do,got ripped a few times they were pretty sharp IMO ,guy in the middle pulled us all over the place pinged a few over both our fullbacks  ,only plus I saw was Brewster looks way up for whatever the season is going to bring ,disappointing day, but chatting to some guys after the match about the final in  Madrid cheered me up no end.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #314: Jul 28, 2019 10:27:40 pm
      I think it's primarily fatigue that has impacted the performances in these matches. The midfielders and outside backs do not appear to have the legs to handle the transitions (both directions) that are so important to what we do. On top of that I think Jürgen opted to use two players out of position (Ox and Gini) for these two matches to get match minutes into their legs rather than have the optimal players in those roles.

Migs made the clanker against Sporting but he made some good saves again today and I saw only the one goal where he might have done better.

Klopp says he will focus this week on regaining freshness. This makes me wonder what he will do for the match in Geneva on Wednesday. It will only be Mo and Bobby's third day back in training (Naby and Shaq's 4th) so I don't know if we will see much, if any of them. Saying that, it makes a short break for all the midfield and defensive players who started today and looked so weary. I'd almost rather he used the group that was on in the final 20 minutes more extensively vs. Lyon, and I don't care if it makes for a bad result. I'd rather have the team ready to go next weekend and especially on Aug. 9.

I really really hope it's a case of our lads being more knackered from training compared to Napoli but what scared me was how very disjointed we were compared to them, hopefully it will click back into place but I fear a thrashing by Citeh next weekend.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #315: Jul 28, 2019 10:47:32 pm
      Well its clear we have a new king WUM who is going to destroy match day threads with his negativity.
      ITS PRESEASON TRAINING nothing more and this result was no more important than beating Tranmere 6-0. The first game of any importance is Norwich so people should keep their moans until then when if we don't win 6-0 they can slag off everyone from OX to the tea lady (or person).

Really? Because I thought Brewster was considered a star player during those early games. Now you're telling us that those games meant nothing?

Stop the pretence. Whilst an odd result in preseason doesn't matter, and yes we have several players missing, this poor form and appalling run of results does matter.

Klopp said himself that he doesn't know what his lineup will be next week, and that is largely because the players have not played well enough to seal their place.

It's been a bad preseason. That's the reality. Now we have to hope that it won't carry into the new season.. but given that our key players will only just be returning to fitness, we have big problems. It could work out, it could go badly. Unfortunately, we are now open to both, and it's anyone's guess how this will go now.

We missed the opportunity to buy a top player to strengthen the team, and now we have to make the best of a bad situation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #316: Jul 28, 2019 11:15:10 pm
      I really really hope it's a case of our lads being more knackered from training compared to Napoli but what scared me was how very disjointed we were compared to them, hopefully it will click back into place but I fear a thrashing by Citeh next weekend.

We were disjointed because our first team players have barely player together since the CL final and we were missing our entire starting forward line.

And why would you fear a thrashing by City when have they ever thrashed us??
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #317: Jul 28, 2019 11:58:43 pm
      Hope keep Wilson and even Kent we lots games these season we should get rid of Adam he fhish as player spent more time injury don't see point in selling Kent or Wilson keep injury Adam
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #318: Jul 29, 2019 12:13:38 am
      Take no notice of pre season..
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #319: Jul 29, 2019 03:19:55 am
      Alexander Arnold coughs out of position way too often for me
      Because the mids bring little on offense and Klopp relies on Trent and Robertson to push forward and initiate the offense, teams have been able to counter on the wings ....but lacked finishing to hurt LFC. 
      I don't expect LFC to be as stingy on D this year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #320: Jul 29, 2019 07:22:09 am
      So as far as the players are concerned, the season starts next Sunday vs City. Maybe there is a bit more to that game after all.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #321: Jul 29, 2019 08:34:02 am
      Couldn't give a monkey's about the friendlies (haven't watched one of them) nor the community shield. And I'd bet the players don't care either. Perhaps they feel a little more concerned about the community shield - and only because that's against City.

When we or City win that shield, both managers are going to say the same thing; "It proves nothing." There's a reason for saying that. Yes it's a marker, but soon as the main event starts, nobody is going to be remembering the community shield match.

I remember one pre-season when we battered Barca and that midfielder lad who was the "next big thing" (Grujic) scored at Wembley with a header, and the pre-season when Ings looked sharp and clinical. Means nothing.

It means nothing and doubly so when 75% of your first-teamers are not playing.

What's more concerning are the posters on here who berate other posters because they have an opinion that our performances are less that stellar.

That's why it might be a long season, not because Napoli beat us 3-0.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2019 08:40:08 am by Rush »

Quick Reply