Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

UEFA Euro 2020

Read 65061 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,794 posts | 892 
      Re: UEFA Euro 2020
      Reply #1357: Jul 11, 2021 12:51:09 pm
      Another reason I can't stand England fans:

Can say the same of Liverpool fans.

Reality is, its a minority of every people everywhere.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #1358: Jul 11, 2021 01:14:03 pm

Keep telling yourself that, those horrible tw*ts are on a whole other level of snideness.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #1359: Jul 11, 2021 01:19:41 pm
      Even back in 1981 the then Captain of England Kevin Keegan making a plea on the proey for the fans not to boo the opposition national anthem

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnglandMemories/status/1122869215575334912
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #1360: Jul 11, 2021 01:25:09 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,724 posts | 3941 
      Reply #1361: Jul 11, 2021 01:56:09 pm

Reality is, its a minority of every people everywhere.

Bang on
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #1362: Jul 11, 2021 02:18:32 pm

Bullshit!!

I've supported Liverpool and been going the game for a good 38 years and never seen kids and families abused by our fans the way described here, so F**k off with that apologetic sh*te.

‘He is nine years old’ – more Danes tell of being abused by England fans

More Denmark fans have come forward to say they were verbally abused by England supporters at Wembley during Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semi-final, with one parent describing how her nine-year-old son was “booed in the face” and that she and her husband were shouted at after the game.

Imaan Madsen, a Danish citizen living in the UK, told the Observer that the family of three had not experienced any problems during the game but as they left the stadium England fans shouted “F**k Denmark” and other slurs at them.

â€œOur nine-year-old son was booed directly into his face by one fan,” she said. “He had the Danish flag painted on his face and wore a Viking hat and a Denmark kit. We had to wipe the colour off his face and cover up his clothes to stop the abuse. I am absolutely gutted with the behaviour of some English fans, especially towards a child.”

On Friday Jeanette Jørgensen told the Guardian that people had shouted “you don’t belong here” and tried to take her Danish flag. “We had a Danish flag and they were trying to take it away from me,” she said “but I pulled it back and said: ‘Just leave it.’ Then they started pulling my hair as well and I couldn’t believe what was happening. It was quite frightening.”

Allan Nielsen told the Observer on Saturday that he saw Denmark fans being spat at and nearby police doing nothing about it. “Overall the whole experience was very frightening and we felt like we were walking in a war zone and that it was just a matter of time before someone would come at us,” he said. “We saw English fans spitting at kids.”

He said he was surprised at the lax security at the game. “When we entered the stadium security didn’t check the Covid app for test results. They hardly checked our bags either. I just told them what I had in my belt bag and that was fine – no wonder they could bring fireworks and laser pointers.”

Other fans who contacted the Observer and the Guardian were also upset with the security inside the stadium and the fact that England supporters managed to sit in the Denmark sections. Birgitte Surtees went to the game with her English husband and their Danish-English son.

“Going through security at the stadium was very easy and my bag was not checked,” she said. “Also we had been told beforehand to bring our passports in order to match our tickets to our documents but nothing was checked.

“Inside the stadium we took our seats and waited. Suddenly the seats around us started filling up with English supporters. I heard them shout to others that there were empty seats here and suddenly we had about 30 [England] supporters sitting around us. There was no security around and after being shouted at we managed to move a few seats away from the ones we felt were the most aggressive.”

Surtees says one fan shouted in her ear how “sh*t Denmark was, how sh*t I was and that I was a whore”. She says her main complaint is that it felt as if there was no crowd control, no seat checking and that there were not enough police or security personnel at the stadium. She and other fans are in the process of making a complaint to Uefa and the Danish football federation.

Søren Moldaschl, who travelled from Scotland for the game, says he was lucky enough to be in a section which had an “amazing” atmosphere for almost all of the game and only a handful of English fans. He says that other Danish sections of the ground “were full of English fans” and that “despite being told to bring photo ID, there was no cross-checking of that with the tickets and seats/sections”.

Uefa said in a statement that it had “not received any complaint to date” but several Denmark fans the Observer spoke to on Saturday said they had sent their observations to the governing body after the game and not heard back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/10/he-is-nine-years-old-more-danes-tell-of-being-abused-by-england-fans

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1363: Jul 11, 2021 02:22:10 pm

Hope they get F***ing smashed but i fear what the reaction will be from those brain dead “London Ingerlunders”
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1365: Jul 11, 2021 02:31:09 pm
      Even back in 1981 the then Captain of England Kevin Keegan making a plea on the proey for the fans not to boo the opposition national anthem

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnglandMemories/status/1122869215575334912

HR your like a Elephant...  :f_doh: Our nation needs this.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1366: Jul 11, 2021 02:34:29 pm

Hope they get f**king smashed but i fear what the reaction will be from those brain dead “London Ingerlunders”

Sadly some of them are bad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1367: Jul 11, 2021 02:40:54 pm
      HR your like a Elephant...  :f_doh: Our nation needs this.  ;D

“Our Nation” - needs this ?! What F***ing nonsense
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,097 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1368: Jul 11, 2021 02:42:04 pm
      Probably the worst thing about England getting to the final is the amount of politicians and celebrities who you know have never watched a single football match in their life tweeting their excitement for tonight or posting pictures of themselves roaring at the tv screen.

Cu*ts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1369: Jul 11, 2021 02:43:43 pm

“Our Nation” - needs this ?! What f**king nonsense

Why's it nonsense?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1370: Jul 11, 2021 02:44:44 pm

Tell me why “our nation needs this “ then ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1371: Jul 11, 2021 02:46:08 pm
      Probably the worst thing about England getting to the final is the amount of politicians and celebrities who you know have never watched a single football match in their life tweeting their excitement for tonight or posting pictures of themselves roaring at the tv screen.

Cu*ts.

Plenty will jump on the band wagon, that's just the way it is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1372: Jul 11, 2021 02:48:11 pm

Tell me why “our nation needs this “ then ?

You shouldn't answer a question with a question.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1373: Jul 11, 2021 02:50:47 pm
      You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

It’s nonsense because there are millions in the UK that don’t give a flying F**k - our “nation” is also the UK which is more than just England and has other countries that will have to put up with Ingerland fans crowing on about it in their typical arrogant fashion

So can you tell me why “our nation needs this “
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1374: Jul 11, 2021 02:59:00 pm
      It’s nonsense because there are millions in the UK that don’t give a flying f**k - our “nation” is also the UK which is more than just England and has other countries that will have to put up with Ingerland fans crowing on about it in their typical arrogant fashion

So can you tell me why “our nation needs this “
      You get that in any sport. Millions don't want Liverpool or United to win the league, that's how it is. However, more will be supporting them than not which is the main thing. I know it becomes a w@nk fest people jumping on the bang wagon  but that's not a bad thing if it makes people happy.

Mines the obvious reasons, we've had a awful 18 months  2 years and before you say so has everybody else you don't need too. It's basically about looking after your own first. That's what I'm doing, biased I know but I prefer to see smiling faces in England rather than Italy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1375: Jul 11, 2021 03:01:46 pm
      You get that in any sport. Millions don't want Liverpool or United to win the league, that's how it is. However, more will be supporting them than not which is the main thing. I know it becomes a w@nk fest people jumping on the bang wagon  but that's not a bad thing if it makes people happy.

Mines the obvious reasons, we've had a awful 18 months  2 years and before you say so has everybody else you don't need too. It's basically about looking after your own first. That's what I'm doing, biased I know but I prefer to see smiling faces in England rather than Italy.

But you said “our nation needs it”

So you have first detached yourself away from being British to being English only

And “needs” isn’t it would be good to win - the nation doesn’t “need” to win a football match
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1376: Jul 11, 2021 03:03:31 pm

But you said “our nation needs it”

So you have first detached yourself away from being British to being English only

And “needs” isn’t it would be good to win - the nation doesn’t “need” to win a football match

Figure of speech nothing else.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,470 posts | 2857 
      Reply #1377: Jul 11, 2021 03:07:08 pm
      Couldn't give a F**k who wins it later to be honest.

Will be funny as F**k if England lose (and more bearable!) but on the other hand it would be great to see Hendo add another trophy to the list.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1378: Jul 11, 2021 03:15:03 pm
      Couldn't give a f**k who wins it later to be honest.

Will be funny as f**k if England lose (and more bearable!) but on the other hand it would be great to see Hendo add another trophy to the list.

You forgetting Maguire -  Shaw - Rashford & Sancho  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #1379: Jul 11, 2021 03:51:09 pm

Cos what you're really F***ing saying Keith is that England are the international equivalent of Everton!!

Quick Reply