Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 462652 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,486 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1564: Mar 07, 2021 10:40:06 pm
      Yea that’s probably it, he just hasn’t worked them hard enough, Klopp is too easy on them.

They looked totally spent as it is. Working them even harder could be counter productive
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1565: Mar 07, 2021 10:56:29 pm
      Quote from RC9
      The tone of your post was what got you that "great contribution", also not sure what you mean by "as always" considering this is the first time I can actually remember biting to your WUM antics.

He keeps reeling off the number of games we lost (which we're all aware of) and who it was against (which we're all aware of). He does so with no caveats or context of any kind. But what he doesn't post is that without the caveats, those results don't happen.

You can tell Jürgen is heartbroken at the way things have gone, but he has never been sacked in his life, and is widely recognised as the best coach in the world. He shouldn't be sacked now either, but who knows what will happen if his fate rests in the hands of panic merchants who haven't a clue what they're doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1566: Mar 07, 2021 11:22:20 pm
      There is no magic switch Jürgen can press to change this round unfortunately, we just need to ride this out and start again next year.

The players just don’t have the fight in them.

We need to get to summer, Get Virg, Matip, Hendo and Joe back, get fans back, make some investment in players, and then start thumping on teams again.  We will be fine next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1567: Mar 07, 2021 11:22:47 pm
      They looked totally spent as it is. Working them even harder could be counter productive

Yes, hence my sarcastic response to Clint.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #1568: Mar 07, 2021 11:25:53 pm
      We need to get to summer, Get Virg, Matip, Hendo and Joe back, get fans back, make some investment in players, and then start thumping on teams again.  We will be fine next season.

yeah erm....just as much chance we wont. this squad could just have reached its end.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1569: Mar 07, 2021 11:27:55 pm
      yeah erm....just as much chance we wont. this squad could just have reached its end.

I guess if you believe that that’s your business but for anyone to look at the team as it is right now and act like next season would be more of the same even after getting all those injured players back, I can’t really help you.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #1570: Mar 07, 2021 11:33:02 pm
      I guess if you believe that that’s your business but for anyone to look at the team as it is right now and act like next season would be more of the same even after getting all those injured players back, I can’t really help you.

i dont believe anything. ive no idea what will happen next season. who the heck could have seen this run coming? nobody. we've still loads of really good players right now and we are absolutely dire. like genuinely horrific. being outplayed by Brighton. Fulham. Burnley. like i said earlier, could just be that we've squeezed everything we can from this squad. hope im wrong.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1571: Mar 07, 2021 11:35:11 pm
      i dont believe anything. ive no idea what will happen next season. who the heck could have seen this run coming? nobody. we've still loads of really good players right now and we are absolutely dire. like genuinely horrific. being outplayed by Brighton. Fulham. Burnley. like i said earlier, could just be that we've squeezed everything we can from this squad. hope im wrong.

We literally lost our spine. That was our problem for years and Jürgen fixed it. Tear out our spine and we can’t stand up on our own. Haaland and Mbappe would have had trouble scoring with this lineup.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #1572: Mar 07, 2021 11:37:58 pm
      We literally lost our spine. That was our problem for years and Jürgen fixed it. Tear out our spine and we can’t stand up on our own. Haaland and Mbappe would have had trouble scoring with this lineup.

clearly its had a massive impact. But is that really the reason the likes of Mane and Firmino have fallen off a cliff?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1573: Mar 07, 2021 11:41:12 pm
      clearly its had a massive impact. But is that really the reason the likes of Mane and Firmino have fallen off a cliff?

I think it plays a big part. Mentally Virgil literally made everyone stand a up little taller and worry a little less about the other team scoring. Hendo is a vocal leader but Virg was just as much an infield captain barking orders and organizing things. I imagine the front three used to be confident that they’d only need one good chance to put a game away because Virgil would keep everything going lose equal. Now all the pressure is on them, and with no fans to spur them on. It has to be affecting them. There’s no other excuses for the dip in form really. It’s not like they have lost their skills or forgotten how to play football.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1574: Mar 08, 2021 04:28:28 am
      Great contribution as always, tell me why it would be a bad thing to play for a draw taking into consideration that we have just lost 6 games at home in a row, mostly to teams far worse than Leipzig?

Well the games in Hungary for a start.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1575: Mar 08, 2021 05:34:06 am
      I think it plays a big part. Mentally Virgil literally made everyone stand a up little taller and worry a little less about the other team scoring. Hendo is a vocal leader but Virg was just as much an infield captain barking orders and organizing things. I imagine the front three used to be confident that they’d only need one good chance to put a game away because Virgil would keep everything going lose equal. Now all the pressure is on them, and with no fans to spur them on. It has to be affecting them. There’s no other excuses for the dip in form really. It’s not like they have lost their skills or forgotten how to play football.

Sadio really looks like the exception to that statement, at the moment.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 103 
      Reply #1576: Mar 08, 2021 08:38:11 am
      If we avoid losing by two goals it will be a huge achievement, we should park the bus, play for a draw.

as a matter of interest I would like to see what would happen if we tried that for once.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1577: Mar 08, 2021 09:16:19 am

We have not lost out spine at all, we are only missing 2 CB's ffs, the rest of the team are there, certainly the attackers, FB's and most of the midfield are. Are you honestly telling me the best manager in the world shouldn't be able to adapt to this??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1578: Mar 08, 2021 09:20:00 am

as a matter of interest I would like to see what would happen if we tried that for once.

It would be interesting if we set up as a low block counter attack team, with the speed of our attacks we should scare the sh*t out of teams, it would certainly confuse the F**k out of their tactics, but nah, lets carry on with a high line and slow build up play, it's nearly working eh Jürgen?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 264 
      Reply #1579: Mar 08, 2021 10:19:05 am
      We have not lost out spine at all, we are only missing 2 CB's ffs, the rest of the team are there, certainly the attackers, FB's and most of the midfield are. Are you honestly telling me the best manager in the world shouldn't be able to adapt to this??

I think it's rarely our spine players play together in one game this season, people know well the reasons.

IMO, VvD and Gomez missing aside, other top five reasons causing our problems are:
      1. Fatigue of first XI due to no proper rest in past two seasons.
      2. COVID-19
      3. Jota injury
      4. No replcaement for Lovren.
      5. Keita injuries

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,621 posts | 1115 
      Reply #1580: Mar 08, 2021 10:36:40 am
      Find it laughable people using injuries as an excuse for the sh*te we have churned out for about 3 months now.

This goes back to after the first lockdown .... casual and over confident shipping goals right left and centre strutting round like we were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I dont agree with many things Jürgen has done this season but these players have downed tools and are letting him down badly.

We were being written off after the Southampton game and in the build upto the utd game where we could have gone back top. I firmly expected the real liverpool to turn up and shove the doubters back into the shadows. But we played like a bunch of wet lettuces and nothing has changed since. Not even being called the worst champions ever and being humiliated on a weekly basis these days can stir a fire up in any of their bellies. They've got no belly for it. They are an absolute disgrace. They just hide behind excuses and let their manager take the sh*t.

Losing is part and parcel of life. Its not that which is doing my head in. Its those lazy gutless cowards out on that pitch with no fight or heart that's doing my head in. They arnt even bothered. They have downed tools and they are a joke.

As for the sulkers in the team .... they have really shown themselves up. You find out slot about people when things are going tits up. Plenty of great teams have been written off ... they just fight back. This lot have just hidden.

Biggest issue here for me is Jürgen. As I said ive don't agree with alot of what he's done this season but these 'players' are letting him down and I fear he won't see the the season out. If leipzig score first we are done make no mistake about it.

I'm done with this season. All I want now are the sulkers sold as well as the underachieving squad players and Jürgen given the full proceeds to rebuild. I want players with f**king heart and f**king desire, players who are driven to succeed because this lot look like they are living off the past with no fire in them to do it again and go down as a great team.

It seems there are factions in the team to me. Something isn't right.

I want Jürgen here next year because were do we go after him? He deserves better on the pitch and better from the owners because they need to take some of the s*it for this as well. But these players are damaging us now with their cant be arsed attitude and the ramifications of no CL next year will be felt for a few years
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 264 
      Reply #1581: Mar 08, 2021 11:18:35 am
      It's hard to say but the easiest words are no one should expect things run smoothly in this worldwide pandemic crisis, players/managers/staffs/boards everything!
      Don't say why less problem at other clubs, this pandemic affected people on variety scale.
      So for me I don't want to over criticize anyone while under this situation.
      Give everyone time and resources to correct the problems. They surely need it.

But one thing I'm quietly confidence that Klopp need new lot of first XI to success again. The majority of current players cannot play Klopp's football anymore.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1582: Mar 08, 2021 11:31:42 am
      I think it's rarely our spine players play together in one game this season, people know well the reasons.

IMO, VvD and Gomez missing aside, other top five reasons causing our problems are:
      1. Fatigue of first XI due to no proper rest in past two seasons.
      2. COVID-19
      3. Jota injury
      4. No replcaement for Lovren.
      5. Keita injuries

1. Same for all teams
      2. Same for all teams
      3. We have 3 fit and able striekrs, 5 if you incliude Origi and Minamino, that;s a hell of a lot more than most teams beating us
      4. It was idiotic from Klopp not to replace Lovren in the summer, but even so we have CB's but we needed to change our system, not play a high line
      5. Again we have more than enough midfielders in the squad to cover this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1583: Mar 08, 2021 11:35:50 am
      Find it laughable people using injuries as an excuse for the sh*te we have churned out for about 3 months now.

This goes back to after the first lockdown .... casual and over confident shipping goals right left and centre strutting round like we were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I dont agree with many things Jürgen has done this season but these players have downed tools and are letting him down badly.

We were being written off after the Southampton game and in the build upto the utd game where we could have gone back top. I firmly expected the real liverpool to turn up and shove the doubters back into the shadows. But we played like a bunch of wet lettuces and nothing has changed since. Not even being called the worst champions ever and being humiliated on a weekly basis these days can stir a fire up in any of their bellies. They've got no belly for it. They are an absolute disgrace. They just hide behind excuses and let their manager take the sh*t.

Losing is part and parcel of life. Its not that which is doing my head in. Its those lazy gutless cowards out on that pitch with no fight or heart that's doing my head in. They arnt even bothered. They have downed tools and they are a joke.

As for the sulkers in the team .... they have really shown themselves up. You find out slot about people when things are going tits up. Plenty of great teams have been written off ... they just fight back. This lot have just hidden.

Biggest issue here for me is Jürgen. As I said ive don't agree with alot of what he's done this season but these 'players' are letting him down and I fear he won't see the the season out. If leipzig score first we are done make no mistake about it.

I'm done with this season. All I want now are the sulkers sold as well as the underachieving squad players and Jürgen given the full proceeds to rebuild. I want players with f**king heart and f**king desire, players who are driven to succeed because this lot look like they are living off the past with no fire in them to do it again and go down as a great team.

It seems there are factions in the team to me. Something isn't right.

I want Jürgen here next year because were do we go after him? He deserves better on the pitch and better from the owners because they need to take some of the s*it for this as well. But these players are damaging us now with their cant be arsed attitude and the ramifications of no CL next year will be felt for a few years

But these are Jürgen's players, ultimately its his responsibility to get them playing, this isn't some big conspiracy against him, if the players have downed tools then you have to ask yourself why, these are players who have massively overachieved in recent seasons, but now all of a sudden they can't be bothered, sorry but that is on the manager not the players.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1115 
      Reply #1584: Mar 08, 2021 12:15:14 pm
      But these are Jürgen's players, ultimately its his responsibility to get them playing, this isn't some big conspiracy against him, if the players have downed tools then you have to ask yourself why, these are players who have massively overachieved in recent seasons, but now all of a sudden they can't be bothered, sorry but that is on the manager not the players.

No ... if the players can't be bothered anymore that is well and truly on them. Their attitude stinks. If Jürgen doesn't sort it in the summer then that will be on him.

But im sorry ... stop protecting these cowards who have downed tools and put that on the manager. The players are to blame ... they've gone from champs to chumps that are the laugh of rival fans and they have not got anything within them so show any pride. Jürgen takes some of the blame as do the owners but this last 3 months is on the players end of story.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1585: Mar 08, 2021 12:56:39 pm
      No ... if the players can't be bothered anymore that is well and truly on them. Their attitude stinks. If Jürgen doesn't sort it in the summer then that will be on him.

But im sorry ... stop protecting these cowards who have downed tools and put that on the manager. The players are to blame ... they've gone from champs to chumps that are the laugh of rival fans and they have not got anything within them so show any pride. Jürgen takes some of the blame as do the owners but this last 3 months is on the players end of story.

Disagree.

Jürgen has persisted with the same players over and over even if they’re painfully out of form.  Thats his style of management where he builds relationships and trust with his players, but if they aren’t performing then how long does it take to drop them?

Bobby is the best example. He should have been hooked from the side a long time ago, yet he plays week after week.

The last dozen or so games have almost been identical. We see a lot of the ball but we create next to nothing. Thats Jurgens job to change system or tactics to find a way to win. Yet we deploy the same tactics every week and keep getting the same outcome.

It’s also on klopp to make decisions mid game too. Some of his decisions of late have been baffling. More recently subbing salah when we were losing against Chelsea. Bizarre.

When you’re in a rut like we are then you throw everything out the window and start again. Go back to basics. First thing is you make yourselves hard to beat. Concentrate solely on not losing the game. If that means we have to change systems or play much more defensively then so be it. Clean sheets and taking points builds confidence and it’s something to build on. 

The point being, Jürgen is also part of this current mess and it’s not just on the players or the owners. A coach of his standard I would expect him to handle this situation much better in truth. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to come out with ludicrous shouts like he needs to leave like some other idiots have. He has earned plenty of time to sort this mess out. I’m talking years if necessary and there’s some dick heads wanting him out after two months.

Going to be great when we win the league next season. I’d say I’d quote a few people in here and embarrass them but I’ll be too busy on the ale in town.

CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1586: Mar 08, 2021 02:00:00 pm

100%. Jürgen is not without blame, but it mainly goes to the dogs who are currently posing as Liverpool players. There isn't a single player anywhere near his normal level and they should be ashamed of themselves and to make excuses for them is pathetic. "we lost our best defenders, how can you expect our millionaire forwards to score goals?" just embarrassing to read, really.                                                                                                                                               

Quick Reply