Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 456466 times
      GERNS, ToshackKeeganOneNil and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1801 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2944: Sep 08, 2022 10:17:34 am
      Or these new keyboard warriors coming out of Africa. Just seems like the last 2 years they have been given devices and electricity for the first time in their lives and they just log on and can't stop talking sh*t!

Probably only started following us 2 years ago!

Or those that send you dodgy emails trying to get you to send them money. Im also very weary of twitter accounts with zero posts etc. with a lovely woman as the avatar photo. l o l
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #2945: Sep 08, 2022 10:18:44 am

I wouldn’t bother mate there seems to have been a explosion of bellends & snowflakes recently on these boards, nothing is safe anymore from the woke brigade where it has actually come to the point where you need to consult a human rights lawyer before you type , how has it come to this ??

Wtf you talking about? The guy started banging on about Africa and how they only got electricity within the last two years.

How is it woke to call that post out?

I've not called him racist but that post was very ignorant.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2946: Sep 08, 2022 10:25:35 am
      Not sure where this leaves Jürgen it is abundantly clear this squad has some major flaws in it. We have an injury prone Midfield supplemented by a pensioner and a couple of kids and we just gave £350k a week to a goal shy striker.  I keep thinking about Joe and how Trent  exposed him time after time and just stood there watching wtf was that all about. Joe has been solid so far this season, but we need Konate and Joel back asap I would even put Joe at right back defensively he is solid there.
      Harvey needs a break he has worked like a dog this season and is still as JD said a bit lightweight physically.
      We will not be able to buy the "right" players in Jan so we are were we are and need to sort this sh*t out quickly and Jürgen needs to be ruthless as I am confident he will be but we need to stop leaking stupid goals virtually every game.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2947: Sep 08, 2022 10:29:53 am
      He will get us through this. Still the right man. The burden isn't on him alone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,100 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2948: Sep 08, 2022 10:34:36 am

I wouldn’t bother mate there seems to have been a explosion of bellends & snowflakes recently on these boards, nothing is safe anymore from the woke brigade where it has actually come to the point where you need to consult a human rights lawyer before you type , how has it come to this ??

I have to bother though Billy.  Regular posters like you and I and many others know Aussie Red has never made a racist comment on here in the ten years plus I’ve been on here. New members/snowflakes or what ever you wish to call them automatically throw the racist card in without thinking about it first.

It’s so annoying. Red Willy you’ve certainly been on long enough to know Ian isn’t racist. Just because you’ve lived in South Africa and by what you’ve said racism is bad over there doesn’t mean it’s the same in England.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,100 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2949: Sep 08, 2022 10:39:42 am
      If i made that statement at my work,  my next meeting would be with HR, just be mindful of comments, we dont know peoples backgrounds - am originally from s.africa and throughout my life, you hear throwaway comments from people that actually have little understanding of the country or culture

Judging by some of the abusive private messages you’ve sent me kettle- pot -black springs to mind. Maybe learn by your own mistakes before calling Aussie Red…  :f_steam:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #2950: Sep 08, 2022 10:44:46 am

Firstly, let me say I have no idea whether AussieR is racist or not, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and base my judgement on others who have been on this forum a lot longer than me, I'll guess he isn't. However, he might want to clarify the point he was trying to make, as introducing the word Africa seems to be irrelevant to any broader point he was trying to make.
      The Liverpool fanbase has a keen sense of justice, tolerance, and openness to all people regardless of ethnic profile, religion or sexuality.
      I don't think it's especially "Snowflake" to highlight it. Of course it's entirely up to the poster whether he wants to respond and defend his comment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2951: Sep 08, 2022 10:53:24 am
      Firstly, let me say I have no idea whether AussieR is racist or not, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and base my judgement on others who have been on this forum a lot longer than me, I'll guess he isn't. However, he might want to clarify the point he was trying to make, as introducing the word Africa seems to be irrelevant to any broader point he was trying to make.
      The Liverpool fanbase has a keen sense of justice, tolerance, and openness to all people regardless of ethnic profile, religion or sexuality.
      I don't think it's especially "Snowflake" to highlight it. Of course it's entirely up to the poster whether he wants to respond and defend his comment.

I’m sure he will in due course fella, I think what he was referring to is Africa being a ‘third’ world country and perhaps have yet to catch up with the rest of the internet world, and indeed there are some parts of Africa still without electricity, I dunno maybe, I’m sure the South Antipodean dope smoking Roo shagging tosser will have his own take on it, won’t cha Ian ??

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,100 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2952: Sep 08, 2022 10:54:36 am

I’m sure he will in due course fella, I think what he was referring to is Africa being a ‘third’ world country and perhaps have yet to catch up with the rest of the internet world, and indeed there are some parts of Africa still without electricity, I dunno maybe, I’m sure the South Antipodean dope smoking Roo shagging tosser will have his own take on it, won’t cha Ian ??

Lovely way with words la   :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #2953: Sep 08, 2022 10:59:47 am

Thanks BTR for the reply. Easy mistake to make, but Africa is not a country, it's a continent of many vastly different countries.
      Onwards
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2954: Sep 08, 2022 12:00:21 pm
      Thanks BTR for the reply. Easy mistake to make, but Africa is not a country, it's a continent of many vastly different countries.
      Onwards

Well gee, thx for correcting me, as is Africa being a Continent and not a country as you so eloquently pointed out it’s vastness therefore will have particular grid references outwith the reach of the World Wide Web and indeed May have yet to enjoy of electrical energy, so do pardon me from being f***in born and quite obviously of a sub standard education!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #2955: Sep 08, 2022 12:11:58 pm
      Just had a chance to listen to a Jürgen’s post match presser.

I think he might well be looking at having a change in tactics and formation, admitted as much he can’t understand why the players are so out of sorts.

He should start with binning this tactic of having Trent move in field to cover for the RCM who is drifting out wide.
      The out put is non existent and just leaves us wide open to the counter.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #2956: Sep 08, 2022 12:42:03 pm

I think he might well be looking at having a change in tactics and formation, admitted as much he can’t understand why the players are so out of sorts.

He should start with binning this tactic of having Trent move in field to cover for the RCM who is drifting out wide.
      Yep. Our full backs have always been advanced but Trent has been taking up some strange positions this season, more central than wide, and it is just not working.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,100 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2957: Sep 08, 2022 01:17:19 pm
      Onwards

Christ Longy chops don’t you start nit picking too, we knew what BillytheCnut meant anyway.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #2958: Sep 08, 2022 01:29:08 pm

But to use the word "reinvention" does suggest he has something in mind rather than the usual like for like. The only real reinvention logically will be the Trent switch. Trent has a vicious shot, can cross it as good as Beckham, closer links with Mo, relieved of most of his defensive duties, it could be a game changer.

The Boss will try something different V Wolves, wouldn't leave it to the Ajax game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2959: Sep 08, 2022 01:31:07 pm
      Maybe others should think before posting - would that comment be said about any other continent?

I lived in South Africa for 5 years and racism is far deeper than just blatant overt comments that are obviously racist.

Wasn’t the comment made in reference to Mane? And Mane is from Africa, a small village there in fact if I’m not mistaken. I think people need to F***ing settle down a bit. If I can put up with all the stupid ass comments about the United States I think Aussie is ok with one comment referencing the third world conditions that exist in many a village in Africa. It has nothing to do with race.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,562 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2960: Sep 08, 2022 02:04:47 pm
      Agreed, some real racism in here along with the ‘you have memory loss’ some people really need to be humbled

There's also a lot of people these days very quick to label people racist, or phobic, or whatever, which is insulting in itself when not thought out or deserved.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,100 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2961: Sep 08, 2022 02:10:25 pm
      There's also a lot of people these days very quick to label people racist, or phobic, or whatever, which is insulting in itself when not thought out or deserved.

Isn’t there a term we use for this bmck? Or does it just come at Christmas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #2962: Sep 08, 2022 02:12:28 pm
      But to use the word "reinvention" does suggest he has something in mind rather than the usual like for like. The only real reinvention logically will be the Trent switch. Trent has a vicious shot, can cross it as good as Beckham, closer links with Mo, relieved of most of his defensive duties, it could be a game changer.

The Boss will try something different V Wolves, wouldn't leave it to the Ajax game.

Nah can’t see Trent in midfield if you think he is not cutting as a RB at the moment he would be absolutely destroyed in midfield, you need even more positional sense playing in midfield than RB.
      Southgate played him as a midfielder and Klopp wasn’t happy he said if you have a world class RB why change his role.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2963: Sep 08, 2022 02:27:25 pm
      Nah can’t see Trent in midfield if you think he is not cutting as a RB at the moment he would be absolutely destroyed in midfield, you need even more positional sense playing in midfield than RB.
      Southgate played him as a midfielder and Klopp wasn’t happy he said if you have a world class RB why change his role.

Unfortunately at this point he's not a world class RB either. Starting to wonder if it didn't go to his head a little bit. Hope not.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #2964: Sep 08, 2022 02:38:48 pm
      Christ Longy chops don’t you start nit picking too, we knew what BillytheCnut meant anyway.
      just an observation. I didn't intend to cause offence.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2965: Sep 08, 2022 04:07:37 pm

When I see "reinvent" I think more of a project like what began in Jürgen season 1. That means it won't happen over night. it also means some guys will still be here when the reinvent comes good, and so me won't. (Just like some guys from season 1 were still around when we won the league, and some weren't.

I think it's much more involved than tweaking the lineup for the next couple of games.

We'll see who the true fans are in the meantime. I remember some.antiKlopp commentary here back on those first couple of seasons also.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,327 posts | 8602 
      Reply #2966: Sep 08, 2022 05:38:29 pm
      Wtf you talking about? The guy started banging on about Africa and how they only got electricity within the last two years.

How is it woke to call that post out?

I've not called him racist but that post was very ignorant.

Have you ever been on twitter or Facebook and seen some of the comments left by supposed African fans?

That's what he's talking about.

F**k all to do with racism.

Quick Reply