Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled, now Gerrard's turn.

Read 5373 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled, now Gerrard's turn.
      Nov 20, 2007 10:14:28 am
      Man I hate reading this sort of thing, no respect given to anyone in this country & I'm not just talking when this happens to stars but joe public as well  >:(

Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/breaking-news/2007/11/20/liverpool-fc-s-dirk-kuyt-is-burgled-100252-20132395/

Dirk Kuyt has become the fifth Liverpool player to be burgled in 18 months, it was revealed last night.

The 27-year-old striker’s luxury home was targeted on Thursday while he was away on international duty with Holland.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: “We are investigating a burglary at an address in Woolton, Liverpool.”

The raid follows a trend of footballers’ homes being targeted, often when they are playing matches.

The Merseyside home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool’s goalkeeper from the 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out, was burgled in June 2006.

He was on holiday in Poland when thieves took his Porsche car, jewellery and football memorabilia, including his European Cup medal.

Reds defender Daniel Agger had his Wirral home burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch’s house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

Pepe Reina was burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May’s Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

The Spaniard helped secure Liverpool’s place in the final by saving two out of three spot kicks in a penalty shoot-out.

He returned from the celebrations to find that his home in Woolton had been ransacked.

Jewellery, a Bang and Olufsen entertainment system, personal documents and a grey Porsche Cayenne with Spanish number plates were taken.

The Porsche was found burnt out in the West Derby area of Liverpool.

Everton winger Andy Van der Meyde was burgled twice last year, including one raid in which his pedigree puppy was taken.

Wayne Rooney also lost memorabilia, including his BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year trophy, when his parents’ Liverpool home was burgled in July 2006.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007 11:40:14 am by mrtommo »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt is burgled
      Reply #1: Nov 20, 2007 10:42:49 am
      F***ing scallies.  Absolute no marks. 

It doesn't seem like the police are doing anything to prevent this happening, does it?

Surely now they will take some F***ing pride into their work and sort it all out so it doesn't happen again.

No respect whatsoever.  I hope Dirk gets all of his stuff back and that nothing of the sort happens again.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Nov 20, 2007 10:58:55 am
      This is just disgusting.........again

Why can't the thieving little scallies just keep their dirty little mitts off other people's property.

I'd have a bloody great big dog, if I was in the public eye.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Nov 20, 2007 11:01:34 am
      Surely this must be gang related, it stinks of organised intrusion of some description. Disgusing scallies F***ing hate the lot of you especially for Dirk as he is a great bloke with all the work he does looking after those orphans.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #4: Nov 20, 2007 11:22:25 am

I do find it strange that these no marks seem to be well up on when the houses will be empty, yes they could know the players away but how do they find out about the alarms the property has or if anyone else is staying there? A hell of a lot of “casing the joint” must take place for the thieves to get away with so much gear from these footballers houses and even though they are stealing from someone who can afford to lose things like stereos and telly's theft is theft and they are just as scummy as someone who robs from a terraced house in the Dingle.

Only one Everton player robbed and about four Liverpool? I would keep my eyes on a couple of players from across the park being involved and Fagin Moyes selling the stuff at the car boot on Sundays as he tries to finance his next foray into the transfer market. ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Nov 20, 2007 11:29:58 am
      IOnly one Everton player robbed and about four Liverpool? I would keep my eyes on a couple of players from across the park being involved and Fagin Moyes selling the stuff at the car boot on Sundays as he tries to finance his next foray into the transfer market. ;)

Bless 'em, they just want some medals :D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Nov 20, 2007 11:38:11 am
      Bless 'em, they just want some medals :D

My money is on Lee Carsley to give the game away as he does his shopping in a Reina goalies jersey with a FA cup winners medal round his neck , and then having to desperately explain to Police he is in fact Pepe and he just has a “glandular” problem!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Nov 20, 2007 12:20:26 pm
      I'm sure this is making Liverpool a very sought after place for all the world's top talent to want to play in - NOT.

FFS - you would have thought that even the club would organise some security - it does the city and the club absolutely no PR favours at all.

Who's next?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Nov 20, 2007 01:01:31 pm
      Only one Everton player robbed and about four Liverpool? I would keep my eyes on a couple of players from across the park being involved and Fagin Moyes selling the stuff at the car boot on Sundays as he tries to finance his next foray into the transfer market. ;)

My money is on Lee Carsley to give the game away as he does his shopping in a Reina goalies jersey with a FA cup winners medal round his neck , and then having to desperately explain to Police he is in fact Pepe and he just has a “glandular” problem!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Class totally and utterly class especially the bit about Carsley, and the wonderful thing about it is its true LMAO
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Nov 20, 2007 03:41:13 pm
      Bad news that. Feel sorry for Kuyt at the moment. Not long lost his dad, not playing as well as he could do and now this. It's a wake up call for the club to make steps for our players houses to be more secure when they are away. I agree with Glenbuck about the 'casing the joint'. Sounds very organised if you ask me.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #10: Nov 20, 2007 06:01:49 pm
      I'm sure this is making Liverpool a very sought after place for all the world's top talent to want to play in - NOT.

FFS - you would have thought that even the club would organise some security - it does the city and the club absolutely no PR favours at all.

Who's next?

Alderley Edge last time I checked was in Cheshire.  And the Wirral is, well, over there. 

Getting back to the point - I think it is a bit rich to expect the football club to provide security.  These players are earning a fortune.  If I won the lottery and started going out buying lots of sh*t then I would make sure I had my own security.  I know Footballers are thick but come on - they need to engage their brain.  Liverpool FC is not their to wipe their arses for them.

I don't own any Porsche's but I do have a burglar alarm and I have got an angry looking dog (soft as sh*te though).
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Nov 20, 2007 08:12:21 pm
      I too hate reading these types of stories. It just makes me unbelievably angry! I hope someone sorts out these idiots. Hope Kuyt gets back all his stuff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #12: Nov 20, 2007 08:48:01 pm
      Let's hope they stole the boots he has been playing with for the last couple of months.  :f_whistle:
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #13: Nov 20, 2007 10:01:06 pm
      Let's hope they stole the boots he has been playing with for the last couple of months.  :f_whistle:

:lmao: Funny.

Maybe there is a need for stiffer penalties than they have right now for burglary and joy riding. This chain of burglary incidents are ridiculous. Makes the police look unserious.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2007 07:59:25 pm
      It's getting ridiculous now. Absolute c*nts the ones who are doing it. Glenbuck I wonder too how the alarms etc aren't going off. Fishy.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #15: Nov 22, 2007 09:21:34 am
      .........what can you say...... if you are tring to burgle a football players house...get a life, get help....no matter how much I hate a player I wouldn't steal there stuff, let alone a medal, which you can win maybe once in your life, if your lucky. Some people are taking this way to far, boo-ing off your own players is too far (no I'm not saying it was all LFC supporters). It's time to bring in home security for the players, I don't remember seeing threads about Riise's information, but this needs to be stopped, players need more protection!!! At least if you rob someone, don't take something that cannot be replaced, trophies, dogs and medals, it's the lowest you could go....
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2007 09:27:27 am by benforrest »
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2007 12:45:14 pm
      .........what can you say...... if you are tring to burgle a football players house...get a life, get help....no matter how much I hate a player I wouldn't steal there stuff, let alone a medal, which you can win maybe once in your life, if your lucky. Some people are taking this way to far, boo-ing off your own players is too far (no I'm not saying it was all LFC supporters). It's time to bring in home security for the players, I don't remember seeing threads about Riise's information, but this needs to be stopped, players need more protection!!! At least if you rob someone, don't take something that cannot be replaced, trophies, dogs and medals, it's the lowest you could go....

i doubt they robbed the players because they have a perssonal dislike of them .........more to do with the fact that they are rich beyond belief an they know when they are not home.

if it was me id pay someone to 'mind' the house whenever i wasnt there
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2007 05:28:29 pm
      Why would you want to rob a dog?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Nov 22, 2007 05:50:03 pm
      Everton winger Andy Van der Meyde was burgled twice last year, including one raid in which his pedigree puppy was taken.

All our players get Porsches, Bang and Olufsen entertainment systems and Champions League winning medals robbed, and Shandy Van Der Meyde has his dog robbed!

:lmao:
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2007 10:35:27 am
      These bas**rds doing this to the players really aren't doing our city any favours at all.

Only enforcing the national sterotype of "all scousers are robbing bas**rds".

Having said that this city is going downhill fast and is catching London when it comes to crime.

I could hate and get really down about this city......if I didn't love it so much.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #20: Nov 24, 2007 07:43:59 am
      Police have noticed the burglers are using a rotation system.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #21: Nov 24, 2007 11:11:59 am
      Police have noticed the burglers are using a rotation system.

Classic.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #22: Nov 24, 2007 01:59:45 pm

Looks like they have mate.

Quick Reply