Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Reds to play friendlies against Stuttgart, Salzburg & Blackpool.

Read 18281 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Re: Reds to play friendlies against Stuttgart and Salzburg
      Reply #92: Aug 25, 2020 04:09:51 pm
      Salah with a great chance which he fluffs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #93: Aug 25, 2020 04:12:06 pm
      Absolute sitter should be 3-0
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #94: Aug 25, 2020 04:14:36 pm
      Virgil with a nasty cut on his head, top of eye, looked like an elbow. Hope he’s OK for Sunday, Salzburg have not played this like a friendly, that’s for sure!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #95: Aug 25, 2020 04:17:41 pm
      It's because we haven't bought Thiago yet!

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #96: Aug 25, 2020 04:31:50 pm
      Nice goal from Brewster, Salzburg are so up for this game, its crazy! Are they pissed off we bought Minamino off them or something?
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #97: Aug 25, 2020 04:40:22 pm
      What a goal again from Brewster! Top drawer!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #98: Aug 25, 2020 04:41:35 pm
      Two good goals from Brewster, should be the other attacking option as well as Origi this coming season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #99: Aug 25, 2020 04:41:53 pm
      Two great finishes from Brewster.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #100: Aug 25, 2020 04:46:00 pm
      Brewster with a brace.

Natural.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #101: Aug 25, 2020 04:47:41 pm
      John Aldo sounding like he's snorting half of Medellin on commentary!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #102: Aug 25, 2020 04:54:24 pm
      Probably a fair result they were best first half and us second, very nice second goal from Brewster, very easy to screw that one up.

Besides Brewster I liked Grujic and also Kostas who continues to impress.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #103: Aug 25, 2020 04:56:00 pm
      Wouldn’t hesitate one bit to sell Origi and give that place in the squad to Brewster
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #104: Aug 25, 2020 04:56:11 pm
      Impressed with Brewster, Grujic and Koumetio.

Elliot still has a way to go.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Aug 25, 2020 05:01:23 pm
      Impressed with Brewster, Grujic and Koumetio.

Elliot still has a way to go.

Yeah Koumetio looks good considering his age
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,195 posts | 165 
      Reply #106: Aug 25, 2020 05:06:02 pm
      Salah takes so many poor decisions. Midfield lacks leaders. Milner was a true leader in the 2nd half though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #107: Aug 25, 2020 05:16:12 pm
      Salah takes so many poor decisions. Midfield lacks leaders. Milner was a true leader in the 2nd half though.

I know its preseason but Salah's form is becoming a bit of a concern to me now, I was watching highlights of the match between us and Citeh in 2018 the one that went form 4-1 to a nailbiting 4-3 win yesterday and the difference in Salah's finishing and vision between then and now is dramatic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #108: Aug 25, 2020 05:16:55 pm
      First half was like watching our run in after the restart again. Poor defensively and nothing in attack. Salah needs to get a grip, he’s been putting in some really crap performances over his last 10 games or so and is looking far from the goal threat we know he can be.

2nd half was littered with mistakes too, particularly Hoever, Phillips, Koumetio and Grujic but we got away with them.

Jones, Milly and Brewster the stand out players of the day really and Minamino was pretty decent, looking much sharper.

Hope any ideas of loaning out Brewster are soon forgotten, IMO he could really add something next season, he has so much composure.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #109: Aug 25, 2020 05:28:28 pm
      Some forwards are natural finishers and looks very much that Brewster falls into that Category and surely needs to now be in the mix and not loaned out especially  in Championshop
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #110: Aug 25, 2020 06:06:05 pm
      All these games mean nothing surprised people still try and take stuff from it.

Rather watch the rain fall on the covers in Southampton.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #111: Aug 25, 2020 06:13:00 pm

I watch to see how the younger lads are coming on.

Just my luck today, the mrs called me out to the garden to shift some stuff for her and I missed Brewsters goals.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #112: Aug 25, 2020 06:18:04 pm

Why is there always an excuse for our games when we don’t win or play well? It’s either; number of games in a short space of time, there’s been a break from playing, it’s only a friendly etc etc.

Like it or not, friendlies are important because it’s when you hope everything starts clicking so that you are ready for the new season.

If we get twatted in a friendly, with virtually our strongest line up, for example 4-0 a week before the season starts then I’d be feeling a bit concerned because by that point in our preparation we should have the mistakes and things out of the way.

We were declining in form in the build up to the lockdown, we were poor after the restart but it was dismissed because they’d been a break from playing and there’s been no real break since the season finished so by now, I wouldn’t expect to be seeing the kind of mistakes we were seeing today which were a continuation of what was happening on the season run in.

Against Stuttgart, in far worse conditions, we looked a lot more composed. Today was another performance of the team looking as if the concentration wasn’t there and going through the motions.

The young players like Hoever, Elliot etc it is just a case of getting some minutes out of them and gradually integrating them into the team so mistakes from them are to be expected, especially against a team like Salzburg who are no pushovers, yet the worst performances today were from virtually our strongest available 11 in the first hour of the game.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #113: Aug 25, 2020 06:44:10 pm
      Why is there always an excuse for our games when we don’t win or play well? It’s either; number of games in a short space of time, there’s been a break from playing, it’s only a friendly etc etc.

Like it or not, friendlies are important because it’s when you hope everything starts clicking so that you are ready for the new season.

If we get twatted in a friendly, with virtually our strongest line up, for example 4-0 a week before the season starts then I’d be feeling a bit concerned because by that point in our preparation we should have the mistakes and things out of the way.

We were declining in form in the build up to the lockdown, we were poor after the restart but it was dismissed because they’d been a break from playing and there’s been no real break since the season finished so by now, I wouldn’t expect to be seeing the kind of mistakes we were seeing today which were a continuation of what was happening on the season run in.

Against Stuttgart, in far worse conditions, we looked a lot more composed. Today was another performance of the team looking as if the concentration wasn’t there and going through the motions.

The young players like Hoever, Elliot etc it is just a case of getting some minutes out of them and gradually integrating them into the team so mistakes from them are to be expected, especially against a team like Salzburg who are no pushovers, yet the worst performances today were from virtually our strongest available 11 in the first hour of the game.

I thought the 4-0 win vs Palace after lockdown was right up there with our best 2-3 performances of the season. Obviously the following night we were champions. I also though our last game before lockdown (bar Adrian’s cock up) was also right up there in the top 5 for the season.

Pre season is important, I’ve always though results were important, particularly if there’s a bad one or a run where we do t win. But fir these two I’m not tooconcerned. Win one, drawn one. Missing Trent, missing Hendo and our forwards look rusty but we’ve got chaos shield at weekend and that’s a competitive friendly and will be a better gage if our readiness for the new season.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #114: Aug 25, 2020 06:49:28 pm

I don't think we've looked like the team we know they can be since before the Atlético game.
      I don't know whether it is complacency or teams have started to figure us out. Unless we see a huge improvement, soon, we are all in for a shock because this season is gonna be tough based on the last few games.

Quick Reply