Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.2%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      51 (53.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (15.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (17.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2020 02:27:55 pm

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27786 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Oct 17, 2020 03:05:47 pm
      Exactly. VAR's offside check is operating under the delusion that there is 1 infinitely small "instant" when the ball is kicked. They think they can freeze everything on that instant. But it takes time to kick a ball. The ball compresses against your foot and then springs off. It takes time for this to happen. You could wind that footage back or forward several frames and the ball would still be on the passers foot. So you just can't be that perfectly precise about it as they are trying to kid themselves they are being. Ruling goals out over a hairs breadth that will be there one frame and gone the next, and where they will have about 6 frames to chose from which are ALL part of the moment where the ball is on the passers foot is ludicrous. It's a pretend precision that doesn't actually exist in physical reality. It's a joke that football is being spoiled by this fantasy precision.

Should get SAGE on to it....get Whitty down here..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #553: Oct 17, 2020 03:06:18 pm
      Exactly. VAR's offside check is operating under the delusion that there is 1 infinitely small "instant" when the ball is kicked. They think they can freeze everything on that instant. But it takes time to kick a ball. The ball compresses against your foot and then springs off. It takes time for this to happen. You could wind that footage back or forward several frames and the ball would still be on the passers foot. So you just can't be that perfectly precise about it as they are trying to kid themselves they are being. Ruling goals out over a hairs breadth that will be there one frame and gone the next, and where they will have about 6 frames to chose from which are ALL part of the moment where the ball is on the passers foot is ludicrous. It's a pretend precision that doesn't actually exist in physical reality. It's a joke that football is being spoiled by this fantasy precision.

It's also not an exact science drawing them lines. All in all millimetre calls need binning off and not one fan would complain.  Even on that still Mane looks well onside. I was worried as soon as the ball went in Mane was offside then I seen the replay and was relieve he wasnt.

These lines are bollocks and always have been. Theres a margin for error that needs to be respected.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #554: Oct 17, 2020 03:07:28 pm
      That’s the thing, it’s getting to the point it’s just ridiculous now and even if it affects your rivals, you feel as a sport hard done by, because you know it’s only a matter of time until it’s you... so it’s not even worth using as banter against rivals now... it’s a sad state of affair that’s affecting every fans favourite game.

Why are they drawing lines from his arm????? I just do not get it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,593 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #555: Oct 17, 2020 03:11:35 pm
      Also if you look at the Mane decision, the screenshot they used, the ball has already left Thiagos foot, so it’s a frame or two in front... meaning Mane was nowhere near offside at the actual moment it left Thiagos foot.
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #556: Oct 17, 2020 03:12:33 pm
      Would love to know lfcacrossthewaters view on those VAR calls. Absolute disgrace. Fuming
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #557: Oct 17, 2020 03:12:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1317465788425687040

Watching it back, getting the feeling it might be an ACL for VVD there.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #558: Oct 17, 2020 03:14:07 pm

Yea let’s all pray and cross everything that it’s not.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #559: Oct 17, 2020 03:14:12 pm
      Would love to know lfcacrossthewaters view on those VAR calls. Absolute disgrace. Fuming

c**t will try spin it in some way
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #560: Oct 17, 2020 03:14:57 pm
      Midfield of Hendo,Fab and Thiago looked good.3 players who see a pass.Had control of the game as well. We dominated for 80-85 minutes. Just need to create a bit more from wide positions. Bobby is not looking like the player he was, we need someone who can convert these half chances.

Jota is a good signing so maybe he should be given a few more starts. Bobby needs a rest or whatever he needs to get his form back. Whatever come or goes he's not firing on all cylinders.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #561: Oct 17, 2020 03:21:02 pm
      It goes to the sleeve line this season.

So you can score with the top of the arm now?
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,835 posts | 476 
      Reply #562: Oct 17, 2020 03:21:11 pm
      Yea let’s all pray and cross everything that it’s not.

affirm, prayers needed. I am not a doctor, but, i think if it was a ACL tear, he might of needed help walking off. Well, at least my daughter did, when she was the victim of a sh*t house tackle 2 years ago. I was devastated.

VVD, F**k, without him, different team in defense. Matip is injury prone, and so is Joe. How is that young man doing, I believe Klopp calls him "Billy the Kid" ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #563: Oct 17, 2020 03:21:49 pm

Yeah, a lot of unnatural bend. You hope he's in the lucky end of the possibilities, but it's far more likely that he's out for a long time. At this point I feel like if we see him at this season we'll be fortunate.

How many times are Everton doing this to us. Twice today, then Origi legbreaker when he was starting to develop into a star, then Mason Holgate pushing Bobby into the stand and falsely accusing him of a slur to keep himself from getting sent off. Just dirty.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #564: Oct 17, 2020 03:22:01 pm

Justice 😂😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #565: Oct 17, 2020 03:22:53 pm
      Why are they drawing lines from his arm????? I just do not get it.
      There’s a lot of ‘why’ s for today’s game. VVD on/offside.
      Pickford sending off, or not. Mane not offside/offside.

The only consistency is, we Are Liverpool !

I can’t see any other reason why three clear as day instances, are all flagged against us.
      Will the FA look into it and throw these clowns out ?
      Will they F**k, all working under the same agenda.

Don’t let these fuvkers win the prem again at all costs !

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #566: Oct 17, 2020 03:22:56 pm
      Also if you look at the Mane decision, the screenshot they used, the ball has already left Thiagos foot, so it’s a frame or two in front... meaning Mane was nowhere near offside at the actual moment it left Thiagos foot.

You can use the technology to prove your own agenda pal. No doubt about it. 1 Frame before or 1 Frame after will make no noticeable difference to the way a situation looks, but a huge one to which way a decision goes
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #567: Oct 17, 2020 03:24:12 pm
      I said pre match they were sh*te and that people were getting carried away with them over nothing, even some of our own fans were, and that match today showed just how F***ing sh*te they are. I thought their performance was F***ing embarrassing to be honest and I’ve lost even more respect for them. I thought Ancelotti was better than that, he’s a good coach who I respect but his tactics today were F***ing disgraceful. To be honest, I think it was more duncan Ferguson telling their players to get into us. It felt like a 90s derby when him and david Unsworth and sh*te like that used to play and used the same bully yard dog tactics back then.

So we take the lead after a minute or two with a great goal. Lovely move and lovely finish. Moments later, pickford clatters VVD with what could have easily been a leg breaker. The replays showed that VVD appeared to be onside but even if he wasn’t, we’re talking literally a MM here, and Pickfords conduct was reckless. I can’t believe he wasn’t sent off for that. F***ing disgraceful.

They equalise with a sh*t header from a sh*t corner because that’s all they were capable of. Taking out our centre half and putting balls into the box because they can’t play football.

We take the lead again with a great strike from Mo. Then yet again another lump into the box and they score a header because as stated they can’t play any other football and we didn’t have a centre half good in the air.

Then another leg breaking tackle on Thiago from that shithouse richarlison. Thankfully the ref grew a pair this time around and gave him a straight red. Get off the pitch ya F***ing horrible dirty c**t.

They were at it all game all over the pitch. How allan escaped getting booked until the 87th minute I’ll never F***ing know.

We then score a winner, nothing wrong with it, and we got absolutely robbed by VAR, again. I’ve watched that replay so many times now and I still don’t know how mane is offside. What’s off? His finger nail? Absolute joke.

Im sure their fans will all be laughing but honestly I’m just disgusted with them today. Horrible team, horrible club. They’re F***ing sh*te them with their boring route 1 football and I won’t be told any different.

Discussing us, I thought we played very well. Bounced back from the villa game well and had to deal with that thuggery while the officials were all against us too.

Thiago got the plaudits and rightly so he was immense, but my motm was fabinho. Thought he got stuck in really well and was up for the scrap from the first minute. He won’t be bullied him.

2 points dropped but literally nothing we could have done about it. Well played reds, very proud of us today, and everton can F**k off. Wish them the worst luck this season honestly I do. I’d never wish injury on anybody but i F***ing hope so much karma catches up with them after that the gang of shithouses.

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #568: Oct 17, 2020 03:24:32 pm

I was thinking of that too, don't think even him can actually say something good about these ridiculous desitions
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #569: Oct 17, 2020 03:25:42 pm
      Absolutely twatted them. They had every little bit of luck and could still just about cling on and muster a draw. Even their keeper, who is without doubt the worst #1 in the league made a number of world class saves

F***ing fuming, feel 100x worse than I did after that 7-2 the other week

Just hope Thiago & Virgil are alright. Dirty F***ing mongrel cu*ts
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #570: Oct 17, 2020 03:27:13 pm
      It just got worse. From the official site:

Klopp told his post-match press conference: “When I left the pitch, Thiago told me in the red card situation with Richarlison he thinks he got injured. We will see if it’s true or not, but if he felt like this then we need to have a look.”
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,718 posts | 3941 
      Reply #571: Oct 17, 2020 03:29:44 pm
      VVD and Becker injured, ref and VAR on their side and the cu*ts still couldn’t beat us!!

F**k off
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #572: Oct 17, 2020 03:41:18 pm
      fuming about so  many things..but injury to Van Dijk is F***ing terrifying....even best case scenario maybe MCL  youd be looking at several weeks out...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,593 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #573: Oct 17, 2020 03:42:18 pm
      fuming about so  many things..but injury to Van Dijk is f**king terrifying....even best case scenario maybe MCL  youd be looking at several weeks out...

We’ve got a lot a draws that should be wins about to come up...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #574: Oct 17, 2020 03:51:22 pm
      I think it was a 'solution' to the shoulder issue. I can remember thinking at the time it'll just become a sleeve issue. F***ing ridiculous.

Some solution 🤣. What a load of drivel. Not shooting the messenger by the way cheers for clarification.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020 03:57:47 pm by fields of anny rd »

Quick Reply