Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Utd?

Alisson Becker
      40 (41.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      40 (41.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      13 (13.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2021 06:22:40 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30637 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 18, 2021 02:17:39 pm
      The long ball counter attack game doesn't work because Salah and Firmino don't have the wheels to win foot races unlike players such as Kane, Son, Vardy..... and my man Mane has lost his finishing skills

The crossing game doesn't work because the front 3 are shorties (like Barcelona who practically view their corner kicks with disdain)

The LFC corner kicks provide nothing. The team desperately misses VvD in the box.

Salahs left foot dependency makes it easier for teams to control him in the box

Games go by with Firmino rarely touching the ball

Mane has been a mess

The little Swiss fellow was electric to start but then he got incredibly lazy

This goal draught is directly correlated with Jota's injury...which is mindboggling given the front trios' past accomplishments.

I agree with most of this but factor in that Shaq is just back from a long injury, his fitness is not there yet, but if he can stay healthy he could be very important for us, his link up with Thiago the first 20 minutes was very exciting, just a shame the forwards were all sh*t and couldn't take advantage
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #668: Jan 18, 2021 02:36:19 pm
      erm did you miss the chances that Bobby had, the fact that he scuffed them or shot well wide when in good positions does not diminish them as chances, then there was Salah's shot which if it grazed the other side of slab heads ankle would deflect in. There were plenty of chances for both sides , I'd argue more for us to be honest, yes your lot forced more saves but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Of course  it does, unless you call it quarter/half a chance which that's even stretching it. Who was your MOM ?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #669: Jan 18, 2021 02:46:47 pm
      Some of the stuff posted the past 2-3 pages is shocking. Are people this F***ing delusional? Holy stupidity batman.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #670: Jan 18, 2021 03:42:56 pm
      Yeah he’s useless that Jürgen bloke if only he knew.

Yeah the last 4 games he has been a bit useless actually or how would you categorise a manager who keeps trying the same thing yet keeps failing? Klopp's lack of tactical flexibility is really starting to piss me off a bit now, he basically knows one way of playing and that system relies on everyone playing at 100%, that is not a good system when several players are off colour.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #671: Jan 18, 2021 03:44:14 pm
      Of course  it does, unless you call it quarter/half a chance which that's even stretching it. Who was your MOM ?

My MOTM was Thiago, looked a lot better than that sulking tw*t Fernandes
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #672: Jan 18, 2021 03:45:25 pm
      Some of the stuff posted the past 2-3 pages is shocking. Are people this f**king delusional? Holy stupidity batman.

Considering there have been two starkly different viewpoints, can you be a bit more specific Robin??
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #673: Jan 18, 2021 03:45:55 pm
      Yeah the last 4 games he has been a bit useless actually or how would you categorise a manager who keeps trying the same thing yet keeps failing? Klopp's lack of tactical flexibility is really starting to piss me off a bit now, he basically knows one way of playing and that system relies on everyone playing at 100%, that is not a good system when several players are off colour.

Would you prefer Klopp to play Williams
      & Philips at the back and have Fabinho & Hendo back in the middle..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #674: Jan 18, 2021 03:47:53 pm
      My MOTM was Thiago, looked a lot better than that sulking tw*t Fernandes

Probably second choice, MOM was Allisson, there was a reason for that which you've obviously missed or wearing rose tinted glasses.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #675: Jan 18, 2021 03:50:01 pm
      Would you prefer Klopp to play Williams
      & Philips at the back and have Fabinho & Hendo back in the middle..?

Nope, I was actually fairly happy with the team selection, its the formation and tactics I have an issue with and the fact that he will never ever consider dropping Bobby.
      Klopp also has an issue with the forwards, there interplay is pathetic considering they have played together for three years, for example on multiple occasions they were all stood in a line when there was a cross coming in, that means you just need one defender either side of them to easily defend all three, what teams like City do is to stagger their runners so that the crosser of the ball has multiple targets to aim for, they can then drill the ball in and the forward just has to make connection with it to score.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #676: Jan 18, 2021 03:53:11 pm
      Probably second choice, MOM was Allisson, there was a reason for that which you've obviously missed or wearing rose tinted glasses.  ;D

I'm not denying that Allison made some key saves for us mate, but they were all saves which you'd expect a top keeper to make, Pogba shot straight at Allison and Fernandes was also fairly easy to save. They were good chances but Bobby's where he scuffed it straight to de Gea was similarly a very good chance as was Salah's two chances, one where he delayed a bit to long and deflected the ball off Slabhead's foot to a corner and the other one where he was outsprinted by Shaw!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #677: Jan 18, 2021 03:54:46 pm
      Some of you are F***ing embarrassing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #678: Jan 18, 2021 03:56:26 pm
      Some of you are f**king embarrassing.

Stop looking in the mirror as you post! ;-)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #679: Jan 18, 2021 04:01:17 pm
      I think we may be better off playing Williams or Philips and having Henderson or even Fabinho available in the middle.

We may concede more but we might get back to our 2019 mojo going forward. No problem conceding a goal when we're 3-0 up against someone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #680: Jan 18, 2021 04:03:01 pm
      I think we may be better off playing Williams or Philips and having Henderson or even Fabinho available in the middle.

We may concede more but we might get back to our 2019 mojo going forward. No problem conceding a goal when we're 3-0 up against someone.

Against Burnley I'd definitely like to see Fabinho back in midfield, those bas**rds will sit back all game anyway so we need every creative player we can to break them down. Hopefully Matip is fit for that game and I'd partner him with Nat.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #681: Jan 18, 2021 04:17:11 pm

That’s how I’d roll the dice...I think Fabinho & Hendo would offer far more protection to the CB’s than our current midfielders..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #682: Jan 18, 2021 04:20:15 pm
      I'm not denying that Allison made some key saves for us mate, but they were all saves which you'd expect a top keeper to make, Pogba shot straight at Allison and Fernandes was also fairly easy to save. They were good chances but Bobby's where he scuffed it straight to de Gea was similarly a very good chance as was Salah's two chances, one where he delayed a bit to long and deflected the ball off Slabhead's foot to a corner and the other one where he was outsprinted by Shaw!!

Irrelevant that a top keeper should save them, fact is he could so easily of let them in. The save against Pogba was best save of match by a long way, not because it was point blank. It was being in the right position at the right time, not forgetting it was hit at some pace too.

Fernandes arguably had his worse game since putting a United shirt on so you got away with that one.  ;D
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #683: Jan 18, 2021 04:20:24 pm
      Joel & Phillips at the back against Burnley isn't a bad idea if it means we can then field our first choice midfield of Fab, Hendo & Thiago.

Maybe even put Shaq in the front 3 to switch things up even more; something clearly has to be tried to give us chance of getting back on track.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #684: Jan 18, 2021 04:43:35 pm
      Some of the posts in these boards are incredulous, I can understand the frustration and that deflated feeling we all get when we don’t win or even play well, but ffs, some need to engage a brain cell or two before operating their gobs,

In essence in any good side there exists three parts, of which make up a group of eleven players, a defence, a midfield and a attack, that’s the basics, in our situation we have a manager who has a certain method of utilising the eleven players of his choice on any given match day, he has worked out a system that for the most part his eleven players can all play their individual roles in a team designed to play as one unit, from goalkeeper to attack he has worked out a way where he can get the optimum out of all his players if they all follow his system,

Up until September last year everything was going well until a thug with little arms assaulted our colossal CB, since that moment everything we were used to changed and has gone to rat sh*t, there has been other factors that have contributed to our slight fall from grace, namely losing two of our other CB’s, and losing two of our latest signings in Thiago & Jota, 

Prior to us losing Virgil and subsequently Gomez, we had struggled at times to get past the bus parkers, we needed more creativity from midfield and we needed competition & back up for the three amigos and allow rotation,
      So in come Thiago for the creativity & Jota for options up front, but alas, guess f***in what, another thug takes out Thiago, and our relief forward gets crocked in a dead rubber match, add to this Trent, muscle, Milner, muscle, Keita, muscle, Matip, muscle, knee, groin & pride,

So when two thirds of your system is decimated by injury or by having to fill in for those injured it’s obvious that the remaining part of the system are not going to operate to the levels we all got so accustomed to in the last two seasons in particular,

These are the FACTS that I know of, I haven’t mentioned the COVID sh*t, or the fact that we had practically no pre- season, but that also applies to the other sides in the league, but what I will add though is the amount of games our boys have played in the last three seasons with the only breaks they have had is during that first lockdown period and a short pre- season the season before last, so is it any wonder then that some of our lads look knackered or are way off their best,

I think we can all agree that we need reinforcements especially at the back, lots of you crying out for us to sign someone this window, but we won’t, WHY, because the level of player Jürgen wants is simply not available, he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it, and I see his point, you can argue we should have replaced Dejan, but who could have foreseen the injuries we have sustained to three of our CB’s, that’s just pure bad luck and out of our control,

Yesterday I seen signs of a slight improvement in how we have been playing of late, you can see the confidence isn’t there in that side, first half we dominated without so much as a threat but we played ok, it was frustrating because a goal would have made them come to the party more, but we didn’t see that until late second half, by which time both side were content with a draw,

Going forward we have lots to be encouraged about, Thiago is getting better, Matip is imminent, Jota could be back before the end of the month, Shaq has moments under his belt, Virgil seen working with a ball, not sure on Joe’s progress, but all these things are signs that we will get better, and all those thing will improve the confidence in the squad, we are just about halfway in the season, so plenty of time to put things right,
      We just need to be patient and believe that we are definitely still in this race, we just need to BELIEVE!

I started this post like I was talking to six year olds, for which I make no apologies,because that’s how I see how some of you react to our situation, especially the last 4 games, it’s not been pretty but, that’s football, we can’t and won’t have it Good all the time, we have been ironically like six year olds on Xmas mornings the last 4 seasons under Jürgen, so much so that we expect us to be brilliant all the time, well, get used to it we won’t be, and again like six year olds, it’s swings and roundabouts.

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #685: Jan 18, 2021 05:03:18 pm
      Some of the posts in these boards are incredulous, I can understand the frustration and that deflated feeling we all get when we don’t win or even play well, but ffs, some need to engage a brain cell or two before operating their gobs,

In essence in any good side there exists three parts, of which make up a group of eleven players, a defence, a midfield and a attack, that’s the basics, in our situation we have a manager who has a certain method of utilising the eleven players of his choice on any given match day, he has worked out a system that for the most part his eleven players can all play their individual roles in a team designed to play as one unit, from goalkeeper to attack he has worked out a way where he can get the optimum out of all his players if they all follow his system,

Up until September last year everything was going well until a thug with little arms assaulted our colossal CB, since that moment everything we were used to changed and has gone to rat sh*t, there has been other factors that have contributed to our slight fall from grace, namely losing two of our other CB’s, and losing two of our latest signings in Thiago & Jota, 

Prior to us losing Virgil and subsequently Gomez, we had struggled at times to get past the bus parkers, we needed more creativity from midfield and we needed competition & back up for the three amigos and allow rotation,
      So in come Thiago for the creativity & Jota for options up front, but alas, guess f***in what, another thug takes out Thiago, and our relief forward gets crocked in a dead rubber match, add to this Trent, muscle, Milner, muscle, Keita, muscle, Matip, muscle, knee, groin & pride,

So when two thirds of your system is decimated by injury or by having to fill in for those injured it’s obvious that the remaining part of the system are not going to operate to the levels we all got so accustomed to in the last two seasons in particular,

These are the FACTS that I know of, I haven’t mentioned the COVID sh*t, or the fact that we had practically no pre- season, but that also applies to the other sides in the league, but what I will add though is the amount of games our boys have played in the last three seasons with the only breaks they have had is during that first lockdown period and a short pre- season the season before last, so is it any wonder then that some of our lads look knackered or are way off their best,

I think we can all agree that we need reinforcements especially at the back, lots of you crying out for us to sign someone this window, but we won’t, WHY, because the level of player Jürgen wants is simply not available, he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it, and I see his point, you can argue we should have replaced Dejan, but who could have foreseen the injuries we have sustained to three of our CB’s, that’s just pure bad luck and out of our control,

Yesterday I seen signs of a slight improvement in how we have been playing of late, you can see the confidence isn’t there in that side, first half we dominated without so much as a threat but we played ok, it was frustrating because a goal would have made them come to the party more, but we didn’t see that until late second half, by which time both side were content with a draw,

Going forward we have lots to be encouraged about, Thiago is getting better, Matip is imminent, Jota could be back before the end of the month, Shaq has moments under his belt, Virgil seen working with a ball, not sure on Joe’s progress, but all these things are signs that we will get better, and all those thing will improve the confidence in the squad, we are just about halfway in the season, so plenty of time to put things right,
      We just need to be patient and believe that we are definitely still in this race, we just need to BELIEVE!

I started this post like I was talking to six year olds, for which I make no apologies,because that’s how I see how some of you react to our situation, especially the last 4 games, it’s not been pretty but, that’s football, we can’t and won’t have it Good all the time, we have been ironically like six year olds on Xmas mornings the last 4 seasons under Jürgen, so much so that we expect us to be brilliant all the time, well, get used to it we won’t be, and again like six year olds, it’s swings and roundabouts.

Y  N  W  A

Good post.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #686: Jan 18, 2021 05:03:20 pm
      Irrelevant that a top keeper should save them, fact is he could so easily of let them in. The save against Pogba was best save of match by a long way, not because it was point blank. It was being in the right position at the right time, not forgetting it was hit at some pace too.

Fernandes arguably had his worse game since putting a United shirt on so you got away with that one.  ;D

Thought Thiago bossed him to be honest especially  first half
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #687: Jan 18, 2021 05:07:06 pm
      Thought Thiago bossed him to be honest especially  first half

He did contain him to be fair but still poor from him since becoming our talisman.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #688: Jan 18, 2021 05:18:20 pm

Luke Shaw, had Salah in his arse pocket
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #689: Jan 18, 2021 05:21:50 pm

Think you got some camel sh*t in your eyes mate, Fabinho was MOM for me, again he was our colossus and better than f***in meathead Maguire, £85m, 😂 😂 😂, Leicester seen ya comin, OGS and his not so merry men missed a trick, facing two midfielders as makeshift CB’s with the attack he has at his disposal only proves he isn’t the bloke for yer MUtants, what would old bacon face have done, certainly not sat back and park the bus that’s for sure, Rashford, Martial, Fernandez, Pogba, ffs sake, any good manager would get more out of them than old golly Ole,
      Yet the pro Manc media were all tripping over their collective hard-ons hoping that Munts would open a six point gap, laughable.

Are you still partying with the noisy neighbours?

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply