Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leics?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      15 (23.4%)
      Ozan Kabak
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (18.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (12.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (18.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2021 02:23:20 pm

Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24919 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,061 posts | 547 
      Re: Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Feb 13, 2021 03:05:45 pm

Yep. Mo should have had a penalty in the first half as well, but apparently VAR couldn't change that cos the mistake "wasn't obvious". Presumably they'll say the same about the one on Mane. Meanwhile impossible to tell offside decisions can get overruled no problem. You just have to see what you want to see to qualify for the VAR box.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #553: Feb 13, 2021 03:05:56 pm
      Can't you express yourself without being offensive,it's just his view,if you don't agree then make it constructive criticism.

What have you been smoking,seriously?Mo,Ali and Jones to go???

hmm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #554: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:01 pm
      Thanks for actually countering my opinion instead of being a d***head about it like the others.

Bitching little whiney woollyback gobs***e response that lad!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #555: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:05 pm
      It does not excuse our form and all the individual mistakes and form of some players but F**k am I tired of looking at the team sheet and seeing Hendo and Fabinho playing at CB and Wijnaldum as a CDM. I'm at the point where it actually irritates me.

Ali: awful mistake. Needs a game or two on the bench. Reset mentally

Mane: getting a very very easy pass since the beginning of the season in comparison to Bobby and Mo in terms of the criticism of his performances (or lack of criticism to be more accurate). He is awful. Holds on to the ball too much and seems sluggish with his footwork, he loses the ball way more often than he dispatches passes or get around players.

The whole team: We have a big problem with creativity. I'm not going to pretend I know the causes of that problem as it could be anything really but you can tell, as somebody watching on the telly, from the way we carry the ball and the speed at which we move with and without it that we are not going to create any significant danger. Every player that receives a pass seems lost and has to hold on to the ball for a few seconds while he looks around him and tries to decide where to send it next. It's simply too slow (and please don't tell me its Thiago, every player has been guilty of it recently. There seems to be a general lack of movement and space finding too from those without the ball).  Our defence is already brittle enough as it is, we can't ask of it to keep a clean sheet every game in order to have a chance to win the game.

I could only watch the 2nd half but even before Leicester's equalizer it was a sh*t performance from what I've seen and you knew that Mo's goal was all that we could muster and that the 20yo kid playing his 1st PL game, our CM/makeshift CB, and our GK who's going through a bad patch all had to be perfect for the rest of the game for us to get away with the 3 points.

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #556: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:09 pm
      Jones comes of again we let in 3 again, what going on
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #557: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:16 pm
      Mitigating factors around this season still for me to be actually wanting rid of proper first team players or the manager, but feel free to spout that sh*te all you like

I never called for Klopp to be gone I said he'll walk.

I really do believe he'll walk
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #558: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:42 pm
      Given there are no fans in the stands that basically means Alisson never called for it, since any kind of loud shout would have been heard by everyone on the field.

Yeah that makes sense.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #559: Feb 13, 2021 03:06:55 pm
      You’d sell half the squad based on a bad two months. We were top at Xmas and have obviously gone to pot since, but without even checking the stats I’m pretty sure Mo is still the leagues top scorer?  It’s a horrendous run of form but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

I think Mo is the first player to score 20 a season for us, four seasons on the trot, since Ian Rush with Gordon Hodgson and Billy Liddell the only others to ever do it for us.

But some weapon who has changed the word 'bop' to 'Klopp' and thought it's a sound name wants him gone cos the team is injury ravaged and off form.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #560: Feb 13, 2021 03:07:19 pm
      Thanks for actually countering my opinion instead of being a d***head about it like the others.

Whilst Mo is top scorer I feel like he takes away so much from the rest of the team. His constant greed for the ball, and to score, stops other people getting involved and scoring. His head is always in one direction and he can barely make simple passes.

When Mo receives that ball I never think of him linking play, I just know that he'll try get on his left and shoot. We need team players at this point and he isn't one. We need to sell him whilst his stock is still high.

Bobbys stats don't lie. I don't care how much he "links play" he simply isn't good enough. He's a number 9 and they're here to score goals. Plus Brazilians tend to have a major decline at his age. It seems to be the way it goes for them.

The rest, well stats don't lie.

I agree with bobby. I think his decline has been obvious for a year now. He just isn’t involved enough in games.
      Salah can be too greedy. But at least he scores goals to defend that.
      Shaqiri and ox and matip can go. They are not reliable enough and I don’t think klopp favours Shaqiri and ox anyway.
      Allison I will defend though. He is class and in my opinion he is just in bad form (like many others). And Curtis Jones is still so young and has bags of potential. So I would keep him as well.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #561: Feb 13, 2021 03:08:02 pm
      Bitching little whiney woollyback gobs***e response that lad!!

Oh I should just take the abuse and give none back then, of course.

Silly me for being a grown man that doesn't want people speaking down to him because of him sharing an opinion on a public forum
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #562: Feb 13, 2021 03:08:33 pm
      There has to be something behind closed doors.

There's too much happening for it to just be form.

A lot of people need moving on. Everyone will have their opinion on the chopping list.

Mine is Bobby, Mo, Gini, Ox, Keita, Shaq, Origi, Jones, Keita, Matip and Ali.

I believe our season is a result of the owners not replacing players due to the small fund given every year. One year we signed no one! Yes, whilst everyone else strengthened we signed no one. We won the league but we allowed them to catch us. They only got stronger.

The owners really need to go and we really need to make a stand.

We will not make top 4, shoot me.

Jürgen will walk, mark my words. Attack me as much as you want but be prepared for Jürgen to be gone at the end of this season

Honestly, what are you smoking ???
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #563: Feb 13, 2021 03:08:41 pm
      I never called for Klopp to be gone I said he'll walk.

I really do believe he'll walk

He won't but crack on believing it kidda
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #564: Feb 13, 2021 03:09:21 pm
      I think Mo is the first player to score 20 a season for us, four seasons on the trot, since Ian Rush with Gordon Hodgson and Billy Liddell the only others to ever do it for us.

But some weapon who has changed the word 'bop' to 'Klopp' and thought it's a sound name wants him gone cos the team is injury ravaged and off form.

Top scorer this season as well in the league. 4 ahead of anybody else. But Mmm-Strop wants him sold and probably swapped for Mmm-bappe because he's dead fast on FIFA
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #565: Feb 13, 2021 03:09:41 pm
      Just watching Palace Burnley and being reminded that not so long ago the F***ing Owl was our manager! Things were worse once
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #566: Feb 13, 2021 03:09:44 pm
      Oh I should just take the abuse and give none back then, of course.

Silly me for being a grown man that doesn't want people speaking down to him because of him sharing an opinion on a public forum

Well if you're gonna spout sh*te opinions lad, expect it is my rule in life!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #567: Feb 13, 2021 03:10:00 pm

You're either aged 5-8 or thick as F**k. Honestly, even my 11 year old would know that what you've said is F***ing pathetic.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 115 
      Reply #568: Feb 13, 2021 03:10:23 pm
      I think you are right but what has worried me all season is the impact this freak season will have upon future seasons.

When we were lifting the title all the talk was how this team is going to be around challenging for years to come. All of a sudden we have injuries, we have made poor signings, and of we finish out the top 4 as is looking very likely the knock on effect that will have would be huge.

Don't want to bring it back to the owners all the time but they seem to have lost their appetite for the challenge since covid struck. If we keep buying sticking plaster style players we are going to fill the squad with future deadwood.
      We just have to make the top 4 by any means possible. It’s been a terrible season but I believe we can turn it around next year. City were poor last season and had similar issues to the ones we’re having now(maybe not quite as bad), but they’re set to win the league. A few years ago Chelsea won the league under Jose but then capitulated the following season. They managed to win the league the year after, albeit with a new manager and new system.

I do think there’s a solid chance we lose three important players in the summer. Gini could definitely go and I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Salah moves on. Matip could also move on. We will need to invest well if this happens.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #569: Feb 13, 2021 03:11:23 pm
      I agree with bobby. I think his decline has been obvious for a year now. He just isn’t involved enough in games.
      Salah can be too greedy. But at least he scores goals to defend that.
      Shaqiri and ox and matip can go. They are not reliable enough and I don’t think klopp favours Shaqiri and ox anyway.
      Allison I will defend though. He is class and in my opinion he is just in bad form (like many others). And Curtis Jones is still so young and has bags of potential. So I would keep him as well.

My issue with Jones is I, PERSONALLY (for the people that struggle reading), don't think he's going to be the elite midfielder we need and I think FSG (being the tight c**ts they are) will force us to rely on him as our starter. This is the only reason I want him gone.

Allison has missed too many games, through injury, and now made too many mistakes for me to keep him.

I think we're too loyal as fans.

When De Gea made two mistakes I remember people in here saying "their keeper has gone to pot they want to get rid"
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #570: Feb 13, 2021 03:12:47 pm
      Get top 4 this season. That's it. Still think we will eventually get our sh*t together, but that needs to happen  ASAP.

Really amazes me, how the f**k do we go from flying high against Palace to this. F***ing mind is boggled.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #571: Feb 13, 2021 03:13:09 pm
      Anything that can go wrong is going wrong injuries, VAR you name it. The injuries have impacted the balance of team we can all see that.
      I'm pissed off no doubt but we just have to keep going. Klopp can't do a lot more, he may as well go with two CBs now it ain't working its clear. Some players aren't good enough for us anymore they'll be moved on but I hope the owners don't try and blame Klopp for this, they've chosen not to invest in a priven new CB. If that's their business model it's up to them but it's on them if we don't make the four I'd say.
      I'm not impressed at all with Thiago bar the Chelsea away game he's been poor albeit in limited game time.
      Missing out on CL could be more costly than we realise.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #572: Feb 13, 2021 03:14:29 pm
      My issue with Jones is I, PERSONALLY (for the people that struggle reading), don't think he's going to be the elite midfielder we need and I think FSG (being the tight c**ts they are) will force us to rely on him as our starter. This is the only reason I want him gone.

Allison has missed too many games, through injury, and now made too many mistakes for me to keep him.

When De Gea made two mistakes I remember people in here saying "their keeper has gone to pot they want to get rid"

Fair enough. But I think jones could be a very good player in a couple of years.
      And if we signed another keeper it would be backwards step from Alison imo. There is no one better than him. Certainly none that are available anyway.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #573: Feb 13, 2021 03:15:19 pm
      Get top 4 this season. That's it. Still think we will eventually get our sh*t together, but that needs to happen  ASAP.

Really amazes me, how the f**k do we go from flying high against Palace to this. F***ing mind is boggled.

Watch the Palace game again they were well in it first half was a freak result they imploded like we did today we are not playing well or getting much rub of the green put them both together and you will always struggle
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #574: Feb 13, 2021 03:16:11 pm

It’s mental to want Alison gone for two games. Applying that logic means the whole team should be gone because they’ve all been sh*te.

Quick Reply