Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32303 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Feb 20, 2021 08:05:09 pm
      Now this week we have 8 days to work hard and dig deep.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #645: Feb 20, 2021 08:05:18 pm
      Feeling really pissed off. Itā€™s clear we canā€™t break down these alehouse 9 man defensive sides, so why the F**k donā€™t we try shooting from 18-20 yds. With all those bodies in there, every chance of a deflection and a goal.
      What has happened to Mane and Robboā€™s pace ?
      Neither of them seem prepared to turn on the afterburners any more. How many crosses from the left are gonna hit the first man.
      Why donā€™t any of our forwards or mids take a player on ?
      We play short passes forward to players with 3-4 defenders behind them. When we have players run from deep, the through ball option doesnā€™t get played. It goes backwards.
      And why the F**k are the officials cheating us. No chance that was a pen, he never had enough time at the minister to truly assess it. That was an exercise for the cameras. Trying to make it look justified.
      Mane gets shoved in the back. If thatā€™s in their box, no doubt he gives a pen.
      Free kick for off side taken in your own half.
       FFS thatā€™s schoolboy stuff. That ref needs bombing out, there has to be better refs waiting to be promoted.
      And Neverton have now had their cup final, if thatā€™s what makes your season, F***ing get in with it you Sorry load of perennial losers.
      Theyā€™ve peaked now,  we will recover and still always be the better side and the superior Club.

Trent my motm, kept going, and kept getting amongst them. Got some decent balls in, but know one getting on the end of them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #646: Feb 20, 2021 08:05:53 pm
      97 points and European champions.
      99 points and English champions.

Then football changes completely. The world changes as well. We have an injury list from hell and the players suffer a massive drop in confidence.

But to suggest klopp ā€˜shouldā€™ walk is ridiculous. Iv said for a while he didnā€™t look happy (I was unaware of his motherā€™s passing as well) and for his mental health I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he walked. But I donā€™t want that. For anyone that does it doesnā€™t surprise me after ranieri got sacked months after Leicester won the title. But klopp is the best man for us.
      If things need changing He is not part of that.
      Players for sure. Owners possibly.

After the last couple of seasons, and with this season just not feeling like real football, Iā€™m happy to give them this season as a one off.

I would literally cry and check myself into a mental hospital if he leaves.

But he has to do something now, heā€™s paid big money and itā€™s time to show that he can navigate this horrendous storm.

He needs to make some harsh decisions.

Itā€™s almost as if we start from scratch and start playing some youth system players, drop some senior pros for a good stretch.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #647: Feb 20, 2021 08:05:56 pm
      We forever sold to buy. We lost our most creative midfielder to find those signings.

Stop living two years ago.

Do you think United will sign no one and say "oh but we signed Pogba four years ago?"

Or Chelsea don't sign a creative midfielder and say "but what about when we signed Jorginho three years ago?"

Only our fans keep piping on about signings from three years ago

These owners have helped us build a team that won #6 and #19 in back to back seasons.  Go F**k yourself. 
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #648: Feb 20, 2021 08:06:56 pm
      Some bunch of pricks on here that never haave any good to say, thrive on posting about negative stuff. And of course all this is the owners fault. Totally to blame for Bobby being a bundle of sh*te in front of goal again, totally at fault for all our injuries and I think the owners sent the ref a text on his var screen to give that peno.

Good luck to yiz

Here's an example of one of our blind fans on this forum that want to deflect all the blame on to fans whenever we lose.

Why don't you put points forward instead of trying to blame people on here?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #649: Feb 20, 2021 08:07:04 pm
      Some bunch of pricks on here that never haave any good to say, thrive on posting about negative stuff. And of course all this is the owners fault. Totally to blame for Bobby being a bundle of sh*te in front of goal again, totally at fault for all our injuries and I think the owners sent the ref a text on his var screen to give that peno.

Good luck to yiz

So you think the back up to ā€œthe creamā€ is of the same quality, or is it a massive drop off?

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #650: Feb 20, 2021 08:07:51 pm
      These owners have helped us build a team that won #6 and #19 in back to back seasons.  Go f**k yourself.

No d*ckhead JĆ¼rgen Klopp did.

These owners gave him Ā£20m a year or are you blind to that?
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #651: Feb 20, 2021 08:08:49 pm
      I've supported this club sine 1998 -- these owners have helped us to the most successful few years of the last 20+ years that I've been a fan of LFC.  And they've done it in a fiscally responsible way.  If you want to support a club that buys their trophies, go support City. 
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #652: Feb 20, 2021 08:09:25 pm
      They were paid for off the back of sales...

So? How they got the money is not what you were complaining about the previous post. You were saying we pay peanuts and get monkeys and you were proven wrong so you changed the narrative.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #653: Feb 20, 2021 08:10:42 pm
      I would literally cry and check myself into a mental hospital if he leaves.

But he has to do something now, heā€™s paid big money and itā€™s time to show that he can navigate this horrendous storm.

He needs to make some harsh decisions.

Itā€™s almost as if we start from scratch and start playing some youth system players, drop some senior pros for a good stretch.

Yep. But his choices are so limited.
      Bobby is playing woefully but his only replacement is origi who just hasnā€™t turned up for 18 months or so.
      Salah and mane have Shaqiri for competition and he hasnā€™t done much either for some time.
      Our defence has been much publicised with the injuries there but even in midfield, we have Thiago, Wijnandum, ox, Jones available now with keita coming back from injury.

His hands have been tied. Itā€™s a perfect storm of out of form players with no reliable alternative.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #654: Feb 20, 2021 08:10:53 pm
      Is what happens when the boss wanted Koulibaly to add to the team and gets Davies and Kabak. Shows the measure of the owners that does. Pay peanuts, usually get monkeys. The odd gem now and at a bargain price but they are flukes. Clear now that luring Mbappe to these waters is nothing more than a (crack) pipe dream...

And you have inside information the Koulibaly was available do you ?
      Why spout off about things you have no proper knowledge about. You just make yourself look a prat!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #655: Feb 20, 2021 08:11:14 pm

Silver lining for today -- I've found another fair weather fan to add to the block list.  Take a bow son 👏
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #656: Feb 20, 2021 08:11:34 pm
      Just to think that Minamino has scored more goals for Southampton then we have scored at Anfield this year,  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Makes you wonder why he is there in the first place.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #657: Feb 20, 2021 08:12:23 pm
      Had to switch off 5 mins from the end, couldn't face to watch the miserable bas**rds celebrate on our patch.

Once we went 1 down and they could park the bus, got a bit of a sinking feeling.
      But we were good against Leipzig, so had hope.
      And we started the 2nd half well - if we'd scored in that 10 mins, things might have been different.

But then we slowed down again and they got deeper and it was rinse repeat time :(

Whats frustrating is that its hard to see what going to change:
      - until Jota gets back
      - until we get Hendo/Fab back in the middle
      - until we get VVD/Gomez/Matip back as CB partners

Philips for me is playing better than Kabak! What does that say.
      Our front three, just not linking up, not getting clean shots off - OK, massed defenses, but still. And who's going to take a place up there instead of one of em. Jota out, Taki gone, Origi not good enough. Love Bob, but he can't hit a barn door right now.
      Jones was poor today, Thiago is good but makes mistakes I'm sure JĆ¼rgen is pissed of with.

We are in a F***ing hole, and teams will keep coming and parking the bus and hitting on the break.

It has to end sometime. But F***ing when !!!!! Depressing.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #658: Feb 20, 2021 08:12:43 pm
      I've supported this club sine 1998 -- these owners have helped us to the most successful few years of the last 20+ years that I've been a fan of LFC.  And they've done it in a fiscally responsible way.  If you want to support a club that buys their trophies, go support City. 

I totally agree but need their help as well.

They need to find their pockets too next Summer.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #659: Feb 20, 2021 08:12:55 pm

Who hired Klopp?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #660: Feb 20, 2021 08:13:11 pm
      Just to think that Minamino has scored more goals for Southampton then we have scored at Anfield this year,  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Makes you wonder why he is there in the first place.
      Iā€™d rather have him and Elliott starting right now...
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #661: Feb 20, 2021 08:13:55 pm
      Mad that. Just messaged a few of my blue mates congratulations and realised it's the first derby they've ever won during our entire friendship 😂

Was only about 6 last time they won at Anfield. One small bit of compensation is that there would have been more blues in the Brick to watch us win #6 than there will have been to celebrate their first derby win in a decade
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,230 posts | 4421 
      Reply #662: Feb 20, 2021 08:15:47 pm

The same owners who went to the pound shop on the last day of the transfer window.

rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #663: Feb 20, 2021 08:16:11 pm
      Yep. But his choices are so limited.
      Bobby is playing woefully but his only replacement is origi who just hasnā€™t turned up for 18 months or so.
      Salah and mane have Shaqiri for competition and he hasnā€™t done much either for some time.
      Our defence has been much publicised with the injuries there but even in midfield, we have Thiago, Wijnandum, ox, Jones available now with keita coming back from injury.

His hands have been tied. Itā€™s a perfect storm of out of form players with no reliable alternative.

F**k all sympathy for him with Origi as his only option when he let Minamino go
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #664: Feb 20, 2021 08:16:34 pm
      Here's an example of one of our blind fans on this forum that want to deflect all the blame on to fans whenever we lose.

Why don't you put points forward instead of trying to blame people on here?

Is it indeed, you never read my posts so.

What I do though is post what I see or believe good or bad, not pop up crying the same thing over and over and over when something goes against us
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #665: Feb 20, 2021 08:16:48 pm
      Have to say itā€™s fairly F***ing frustrating watching us do the same thing all game again, knowing that we arenā€™t going to score.  Would be nice to see us try something different.

Also, Firmino simply canā€™t be first choice next season. Been great for us, but heā€™s offering absolutely nothing now. Like playing with 10.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #666: Feb 20, 2021 08:16:55 pm

Itā€™s not about buying trophies, but building a squad that can compete, not just the 1st 11 or 15. The gulf in quality outside the 15 or so is enormous. City for example can literally just slot players in without too much of a drop off. Weā€™ve been decimated by injuries which have had a huge impact, BUT those filling in the gaps are either playing out of position or too far short of the desired quality level. You donā€™t have to spend loads but you do have to spend right. Regardless, Klopp wanted Koulibaly as CB and got Kabak. One is rated as one of the best CBā€™s in world football, the other is a cheap loan signing.

To keep at the front of the chasing pack, you need to constantly evolve or become stagnant. All the best teams have always done just that. Liverpool during their pomp. Utd under Ferguson. City under Pep. They donā€™t rely on the same players season after season. They add and grow, clearing out the deadwood along the way.

Quick Reply