Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31591 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Feb 20, 2021 09:16:08 pm
      Robbo left trent right.

Tsmiskas lb and neco rb.

If Tsimisks doesn't cut it at left back then we should have never gone out and bought a f**king left back for peanuts.

Surely trying something new won't hurt

Bloody go play football manager
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #714: Feb 20, 2021 09:16:44 pm
      Can't agree with that. That should have been the mindset today in the derby. Instead we got a massive pile of sh*te.
      Spent force this team. Finished.

Yes it should have, like every other PL game we play. But it wasn’t. Win the CL again and we’ll still be able to attract world class talent.

Failure will result in more Paul Koncheskys and Cristian Poulsens signing if we fail to turn this around...

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #715: Feb 20, 2021 09:18:05 pm
      There's only 1 side in the world that could be hit with the type of injuries we have had this season and still compete -- Man City.  They have also shamelessly bought all the trophies that line the cabinet at the Etihad.  If that's honestly what you want for LFC, then I don't know what ever drew you to this club in the first place.....

And the thing is, people act as if City have all these world class cb’s just hanging around but they don’t. Despite their unlimited funds, their cb’s are basically Laporte, Stones, Dias and Ake, so if they had the same level of injuries as us they’d be putting Eric Garcia and a midfielder out there.

During the January window they didn’t bring anyone in for Aguero either who has played but a handful of games.

People just lack objectivity when all they care about is finding ways to blame someone they don’t like.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #716: Feb 20, 2021 09:18:15 pm
      Bump all this talk of waiting and City buying titles. This is the new game. If you wanna watch City win a title 4 out of every 5 years and pray you are lucky enough to be in position to captilze on there down year than have at it.

This is football now. You have to spend. You can't just sale to buy or pray you hit Homer's on bargains. You need football owners, not people looking to turn a profit. FSG have accomplished a lot in 21st century LFC terms. But in order to restore LFC to where it use to be, you have to have owners who are willing to pump money in to the team, year in and year out. It's a sad state that this is football, but it's football. You can achieve success in the short term for a short time, absolutely. But to be a top club year in and year out, you have to spend and adapt.

Klopp is a monster in ideal times, maybe the best. However, he isn't the best at adapting and playing to the strength of the players AVAILABLE. Fire him? Hell no!!!! Do your best that he has ideal conditions and a squad he can motivate and pull the most out of.

Thanks FSG for # 6 and 19. Thanks for the world title. But this business. We deserve better. We need new owners

This is Liverpool, this means more

"This means more"

Slag FSG off and then end the essay by repeating one of their marketing slogans 😂
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #717: Feb 20, 2021 09:19:18 pm
      Shambles from start to finish and it’s difficult to say this but we were beaten by the better team.

It was another case of a team allowing us to have possession but we were completely clueless with the ball. They took their chances and exposed just how sh*te we are at the back.

I don’t think anybody had a good game today apart from maybe Trent. But there are three players I want to single out.

First of all kabak. Couldn’t care less if he’s been here 5 minutes or 5 years. sh*te. All over the place. Clumsy. Slow. He’s just a car crash waiting to happen. It says it all when I’m missing Dejan Lovren because he’s in our team. He’s awful. Never want him to play for us ever again. This isn’t a knee jerk either. You can see already he isn’t anywhere near this level.

Curtis Jones. He appears to be marmite amongst Liverpool fans. Some rate him, some dont. I’m in the I don’t rate him one bit group. I just don’t see what he offers. All I see is a player who holds on to the ball far too long, think he’s far better than what he is and I don’t think he has a good attitude either. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him break a sweat. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him sprint. Honestly the reds who go on and on saying he’s going to be some superstar are talking absolute pony.

Bobby. I’ll always love bobby but his time is up now I’m afraid. He needs replacing and we need a proper striker. If some of those chances he had today tell to an Aguero, or a Kane, or a haaland then we probably score one or two dont we. Two efforts in particular were shockingly bad. One was a shot where my ten year old lad would have got more power on, and another landed in block 306 of the kop. His fancy flicks are no longer enough to justify his place in this team.

Those three really annoyed me today but as I’ve said nobody played well. Thiago and mane were sh*te once again too and have been for several weeks.

Getting frustrated with Jürgen too. I know his hands are somewhat tied and the 11 that started today was the best we could put out, but we go into every game with the same tactics and set up. We don’t have a plan B. I’ve got no problem with our plan A when we have a fit team, afterall it’s plan A that has won us trophies and what we’ve been successful with, but currently we need a plan B to weather this storm and we simply don’t have one. We’re far too predictable and easy to play against.

I’d just bin the league now if I was Jürgen.  It’s a risky strategy but I’d just focus solely on the champions league. We can’t afford any more injuries like the one we saw Hendo get today. Rest the lads for league games who are going to play in Europe and play the likes of origi, ox, shaq in the league. It also puts them in the shop window for any potential buyer because we need a huge clear out in the summer.

Absolutely gutted tonight.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #718: Feb 20, 2021 09:20:52 pm
      Go on, who are we bringing into the team then gobs***e? You lot always come out of the woodwork with the benefit of hindsight. Who would you have played there?

I'm no Jürgen Klopp but you asked so I'll say.

Mane and Mo up top

Robbo left and gini hendo middle trent right

Tsimskas lb phillips and Kabak in the centre and neco rb

It may not have worked but we have to try something new. We can't just keep losing. It's F***ing ripping my heart out man.

I know everyone's arguing and I'm arguing with many people but trust is I have my opinion and people don't like it. Fine. It's just F***ing heartbreaking watching my team go back to what we were for so many years. It was so many years of pain and it looks like they're back again
      OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #719: Feb 20, 2021 09:21:35 pm
      Why is jones getting subbed nearly every game at 60 minutes 🤷‍♂️
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #720: Feb 20, 2021 09:21:58 pm
      And the thing is, people act as if City have all these world class cb’s just hanging around but they don’t. Despite their unlimited funds, their cb’s are basically Laporte, Stones, Dias and Ake, so if they had the same level of injuries as us they’d be putting Eric Garcia and a midfielder out there.

During the January window they didn’t bring anyone in for Aguero either who has played but a handful of games.

People just lack objectivity when all they care about is finding ways to blame someone they don’t like.

On the flip side, although Matip is a quality CB, we’ve known for a while he’s injury prone. Gomez has had niggles too before being ruled out this season. Same with Naby Keita. Having quality back helps knowing your starters are likely to have down time at some point. Contingency plan and all that...

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #721: Feb 20, 2021 09:22:57 pm
      We gifted them a goal at the start (not that surprising with Kabak only just arrived, but he wasn't too clever there). Then the ref gifts them one to kill the game. Disgraceful the way he barely looked at the replay after VAR called him over.

I mean, with the CB injuries it's no surprise we are a bit soft at the back right now - it's going to make it difficult. The hard one to explain is how toothless we look in attack. Tiredness must be a factor. We hardly rotate at all up front, unlike City who obviously have more depth. But even so, it definitely seems that we can no longer break the low block. Leipzig tried to push up and, without playing great, we killed them in behind their defence.

I've not criticised our tactics until now (the great managers, of which Jürgen is one, don't tend to change their system) but I really think we need to adjust more tactically to try and draw teams out. Pushing them back and controlling possession is just not working for us. We are creating so few clear chances. 2 long range efforts from Hendo ad Origi were our best chances. That shouldn't be the case with our front 3 on the pitch.

To be fair, it would have been hard to draw them out today once they got the first goal. But I do think generally we need to adjust our press and back line position so we don't play so high. It's just been so many games now where we can't break teams down.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #722: Feb 20, 2021 09:23:29 pm
      Not hindsight mate. Been saying for weeks im sick of our best mids playing cb.

Today henderdon would have been in midfield in place of Jones in my team and Davies or Phillips at the back.

But forget the team selection ... nothing excuses the lack of fight we saw again today. No desire and no heart. They simply don't have the stomach for it.

You can blame individuals, but im not going to start picking on certain players ... but as a team and a squad they have not got it. They couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

That's a fair shout re: the centre halves but sick of people saying we should drop our starters whilst also writing lists of "deadwood" we should get rid of because they arent good enough. When these deadwood they are listing would be the ones replacing the players they're begging to be dropped. F***ing experts every time we lose a game without realising they've been contradicting themselves for months
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #723: Feb 20, 2021 09:23:43 pm

Failure will result in more Paul Koncheskys and Cristian Poulsens signing if we fail to turn this around...

False, but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #724: Feb 20, 2021 09:24:05 pm
      Shambles from start to finish and it’s difficult to say this but we were beaten by the better team.

It was another case of a team allowing us to have possession but we were completely clueless with the ball. They took their chances and exposed just how sh*te we are at the back.

I don’t think anybody had a good game today apart from maybe Trent. But there are three players I want to single out.

First of all kabak. Couldn’t care less if he’s been here 5 minutes or 5 years. Sh*te. All over the place. Clumsy. Slow. He’s just a car crash waiting to happen. It says it all when I’m missing Dejan Lovren because he’s in our team. He’s awful. Never want him to play for us ever again. This isn’t a knee jerk either. You can see already he isn’t anywhere near this level.

Curtis Jones. He appears to be marmite amongst Liverpool fans. Some rate him, some dont. I’m in the I don’t rate him one bit group. I just don’t see what he offers. All I see is a player who holds on to the ball far too long, think he’s far better than what he is and I don’t think he has a good attitude either. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him break a sweat. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him sprint. Honestly the reds who go on and on saying he’s going to be some superstar are talking absolute pony.

Bobby. I’ll always love bobby but his time is up now I’m afraid. He needs replacing and we need a proper striker. If some of those chances he had today tell to an Aguero, or a Kane, or a haaland then we probably score one or two dont we. Two efforts in particular were shockingly bad. One was a shot where my ten year old lad would have got more power on, and another landed in block 306 of the kop. His fancy flicks are no longer enough to justify his place in this team.

Those three really annoyed me today but as I’ve said nobody played well. Thiago and mane were sh*te once again too and have been for several weeks.

Getting frustrated with Jürgen too. I know his hands are somewhat tied and the 11 that started today was the best we could put out, but we go into every game with the same tactics and set up. We don’t have a plan B. I’ve got no problem with our plan A when we have a fit team, afterall it’s plan A that has won us trophies and what we’ve been successful with, but currently we need a plan B to weather this storm and we simply don’t have one. We’re far too predictable and easy to play against.

I’d just bin the league now if I was Jürgen.  It’s a risky strategy but I’d just focus solely on the champions league. We can’t afford any more injuries like the one we saw Hendo get today. Rest the lads for league games who are going to play in Europe and play the likes of origi, ox, shaq in the league. It also puts them in the shop window for any potential buyer because we need a huge clear out in the summer.

Yup go all out to win number 7 👍🏻

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #725: Feb 20, 2021 09:24:16 pm

First of all kabak. Couldn’t care less if he’s been here 5 minutes or 5 years. Sh*te. All over the place. Clumsy. Slow. He’s just a car crash waiting to happen. It says it all when I’m missing Dejan Lovren because he’s in our team. He’s awful. Never want him to play for us ever again. This isn’t a knee jerk either. You can see already he isn’t anywhere near this level.

I called on us getting rid of Jones last post match and got absolutely annihilated for it.

He's slow, his attitude is sh*t and he does nothing for us.

I remember him playing a decent 90 mins against a league two side in an FA cup tie then coming out and saying I need more playing time.

He is no Phil Foden, Mason Greenwood (off the boil this year but still F***ing punished us well enough) or Bukayo Saka
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #726: Feb 20, 2021 09:26:48 pm

Our problem was timing, get the players we needed earlier. If we'd had gone for either Kabak, Davies or the Marseille lad earlier in January, regardless of Matip being fit or not, we had games we could of got them bedded into, so that Hendo or Fab could push further up in their usual roles.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #727: Feb 20, 2021 09:26:56 pm
      False, but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative.

False? You think world class players are going to sign for a team in 8th or wherever we finish outside of winning the CL? Time and again it’s been proven top players want CL. Continue with this southward trajectory, with no financial backing from the owners and do you think JK will stay?

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #728: Feb 20, 2021 09:27:18 pm
      I'm no Jürgen Klopp but you asked so I'll say.

Mane and Mo up top

Robbo left and gini hendo middle trent right

Tsimskas lb phillips and Kabak in the centre and neco rb

It may not have worked but we have to try something new. We can't just keep losing. It's f**king ripping my heart out man.

I know everyone's arguing and I'm arguing with many people but trust is I have my opinion and people don't like it. Fine. It's just f**king heartbreaking watching my team go back to what we were for so many years. It was so many years of pain and it looks like they're back again

We're not going back to what we were years ago. We're in a mad situation where we've got a concoction of bad scenarios, majority of them being injuries. Come August when (hopefully) the majority of our squad is fit we'll have one of the best squads in Europe. That's a million miles from where we were in 2010 / 2015
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #729: Feb 20, 2021 09:28:37 pm
      False? You think world class players are going to sign for a team in 8th or wherever we finish outside of winning the CL? Time and again it’s been proven top players want CL. Continue with this southward trajectory, with no financial backing from the owners and do you think JK will stay?

He will say "sorry but we finished outside the Champions League places so we need to sell someone to compensate for loss of revenue".

When we win the F***ing Champions League he says "sorry but we need to keep the money to make up for the signings we made to win it"

Someone make it make F***ing sense will ya
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #730: Feb 20, 2021 09:29:50 pm

On the 3 players you have singled out agree wholly with Bobby . Kabak I think you could be right but in my view needs a few more games to confirm it . Curtis Jones is not the quickest and does come across Surly at times and like Gini holds on to the ball too much always safe and taking an extra touch they do not fit playing together but definately  think there is a player there with some fine tuning
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #731: Feb 20, 2021 09:34:35 pm
      Our problem was timing, get the players we needed earlier. If we'd had gone for either Kabak, Davies or the Marseille lad earlier in January, regardless of Matip being fit or not, we had games we could of got them bedded into, so that Hendo or Fab could push further up in their usual roles.

Jürgen wasted no time putting Kabak in but at the same time decided to bench Phillips, who had done nothing wrong whenever he played. Today he was solid once again after coming in. That’s on Jürgen and no one else.

But that is not our biggest issue, which is an absolute lack of intensity and freaking pride out on the pitch. After what Everton did to us earlier in the season we should have come out like we did against Barcelona and chased them around like a pack of hungry dogs. Instead we were asleep and got scored on needlessly. The second biggest problem, or 1A problem, is that our top scorers forgot how to score at home. The amount of chances they have missed is unreal. The fact that our last goal from open play at Anfield was back in December is all from personal performance.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #732: Feb 20, 2021 09:34:49 pm

I agree we should have gone for a CB earlier. But at the same time, Phillips still looks our best back up CB (and he kept getting dropped after good performances even before the new guys came in). It feels like we haven't brought in guys that are better than the back up we already had.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #733: Feb 20, 2021 09:37:51 pm
      could we please just ring the reamaing teams that we have left to play at home and ask them that we will play them at their place
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #734: Feb 20, 2021 09:38:24 pm
      When he's fit id like to see us go with jota through the middle up top.

I'd also try Trent in midfield ... abit of energy, pace, zip and directness could help us be less predictable.

If leipzig score first they will do us 2nd leg. This team in its current form has no answer when it concedes first.

I honestly feel keeping our best players will be difficult this summer. Teams will sense an opportunity to hurt us further and won't stand still like we did.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #735: Feb 20, 2021 09:39:15 pm
      We're not going back to what we were years ago. We're in a mad situation where we've got a concoction of bad scenarios, majority of them being injuries. Come August when (hopefully) the majority of our squad is fit we'll have one of the best squads in Europe. That's a million miles from where we were in 2010 / 2015

Agreed. It's a freak situation. We aren't handling it too well, but we will be a different team once Virgil, Gomez and Jota are back fit.

Quick Reply