Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Scouting talk

Read 339190 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,229 posts | 1109 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #322: Jan 07, 2022 06:15:41 pm
      Silly me and here I was thinking it was a forum for Evertonians.

I better pack my bag then.

👋
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #323: Jan 07, 2022 06:50:54 pm
      It’s been pretty clear that there will be non Jan signings unless under special circumstances so I’m not sure why people start to believe all these gossip

Because strange as it might seem, good business can be done in Jan, and people would hope that maybe the owners might go against their usual grain and get their fingers out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3493 
      Reply #324: Jan 07, 2022 06:54:22 pm
      Because strange as it might seem, good business can be done in Jan, and people would hope that maybe the owners might go against their usual grain and get their fingers out.

But the message has been clear - regardless of what people believe or what they think they should do - the message has been the same. So so why do people believe all the gossip - even more so when it’s been seen over the last couple of years they haven’t got a club who were are after
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #325: Jan 07, 2022 06:55:14 pm
      It would be a nice change of pace if we actually went into the market with some intent and bought a quality player to supplement our thin squad, but sadly I just can't see it....

The problem also is that people seem to be just accepting it.

3rd window in a row, could we finish another having done nothing?

Davies didn't play one minute!!!! And we want Jürgen to be challenging on multiple fronts.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #326: Jan 07, 2022 06:56:59 pm
      So so why do people believe all the gossip

Already answered that
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #327: Jan 07, 2022 07:08:01 pm
      Spuds to make a firm bid for Traore, apparently. doesn't say how much. Wherever he goes, would be interesting to see if he improves.

On Luis Diaz, do we need another winger anyway?  Would've thought we need a Tielemans type CM more than a winger.

And looks like Chavs will try get something in for Rudiger, out of contract in the summer, would be a loss for them though, has been good.

Trippier gone to Newcastle, think he's 31, not one for the future but maybe not a bad buy.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #328: Jan 07, 2022 07:13:18 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #329: Jan 07, 2022 07:23:51 pm

oh dear, what a crazy list

Where to start, Mo or Greenwood 😅😅
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #330: Jan 07, 2022 07:51:30 pm

Right so all we have to do is sell Salah ans we can afford nearly half of that noncey Greenwood
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 37 
      Reply #331: Jan 07, 2022 08:35:16 pm
      Who have we signed since winning the league? Actually who have we signed of note since winning the Champions league?

I know we are living in tough times with covid etc but we have not strengthened since we were the top team and as a result did not last long on our perch. You simply have to strengthen and the squad is very light.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #332: Jan 07, 2022 08:54:10 pm
      Who have we signed since winning the league? Actually who have we signed of note since winning the Champions league?

I know we are living in tough times with covid etc but we have not strengthened since we were the top team and as a result did not last long on our perch. You simply have to strengthen and the squad is very light.

The current 2nd highest scorer in the PL - Jota

The midfield maestro who has won everything possible in Spain, in Germany, the Champions League multiple times - Thiago

One of France’s most promising and highest potential CB’s who has looked well at home when having played for us - Konate

One of the worlds most promising youngsters who we beat Madrid to sign and was boss when he was playing this season until the ankle break - Elliott.

So I’d say they are pretty note worthy signings. So yes we have strengthened. It’s amazing how we have Thiago and Jota in particular but yet people say we haven’t added any one of note.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #333: Jan 07, 2022 09:00:10 pm

The midfield maestro who has won everything possible in Spain, in Germany, the Champions League multiple times - Thiago

One of France’s most promising and highest potential CB’s who has looked well at home when having played for us - Konate

One of the worlds most promising youngsters who we beat Madrid to sign and was boss when he was playing this season until the ankle break - Elliott.

So I’d say they are pretty note worthy signings. So yes we have strengthened. It’s amazing how we have Thiago and Jota in particular but yet people say we haven’t added any one of note.

Agree.

During the summer it was almost relentless from some people complaining that we didn't sign anyone and this was literally after we had signed Konate.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #334: Jan 07, 2022 09:05:38 pm
      Now sold on Vlahovic. Could be a great No 9 replacing Firmino. Has a similar style of play to Lewandowski and Kane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fT1sbajvvw

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #335: Jan 07, 2022 09:12:11 pm

and of the best LB covers in the game.

Unfortunately having dropped points in our last game, long time before the next one and a transfer window makes it the perfect storm for all the dumb clowns to crawl from under their rocks, which combined with the usual netspend circle jerk makes it a rough time for the board.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #336: Jan 07, 2022 09:54:41 pm

Thiagos always injured and as good as he was in Spain and Germany he's not been amazing here.

The rest I agree with but you're missing a very key point. That's three years worth of signings. That's not good enough and our squad is not in a good position for a reason.

Do you think our squad is in a good position with age and form taken in to consideration? Can our subs push our starting eleven for places?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #337: Jan 07, 2022 11:32:18 pm
      Thiagos always injured and as good as he was in Spain and Germany he's not been amazing here.

We’ve failed to win a game he hasn’t started this season, I think you’re underestimating his importance.

The rest I agree with but you're missing a very key point. That's three years worth of signings. That's not good enough and our squad is not in a good position for a reason.

Not missing anything, someone said we haven’t signed anyone of note, or anyone for that matter. What exactly did I miss in correcting him?

That's not good enough and our squad is not in a good position for a reason.

Yes, a mountain of injuries and Covid.

Do you think our squad is in a good position with age and form taken in to consideration? Can our subs push our starting eleven for places?

Think there’s a decent balance, we have experienced players and young players. Our form has nothing to do with age of the squad, our form is down to injuries and Covid, same as nearly every other team. Don’t know how many times I have to repeat that.

Yes the subs can. Before the injuries hit this season, it was anybody’s guess who was starting with Virgil in the league and then in Europe we are 100% and that’s with Virgil not playing every game.
      People were calling for Kostas to start because of how he was playing compared to Robbo.
      We had Elliott playing in the midfield ahead of the likes of Keita, with people having no idea who would play in midfield other than Fab.
      It’s been anybody’s guess who would play out of Bobby and Jota.
      We’ve had Kelleher come in for Ali a few times and do himself a lot of justice and play his part to a high standard.
      We are in the semi final of the cup and with the likes of Taki and Origi playing so shows we have the depth to cover that less important competition.

Of course we need improving in areas, do I think Origi is good enough? No. Do I think Ox is good enough? No. But every team has areas they can improve, supporters will never be fully satisfied with the team they support, and that includes City, they’re fans are constantly bitching about the likes of Jesus.

The reality is, up until the last 3 games the title race was anyone’s guess and was separated by a point, we are 100% in the CL, semi final of the cup. But in all honesty we got screwed big time in the Spurs game, the Leicester game would’ve been 3 points if Salah put away that penalty, I’m confident of that and Chelsea was a crazy 5mins. But what people don’t take into account is in that time we’ve been massively hit with injuries and Covid. If people think our squad is nowhere near the level of being able to compete despite all of the above then give your head a wobble and don’t waste my time with blinkered and irrational views because up until the West Ham game we were what, 20 games unbeaten stretching back to last season and these views were strangely not apparent. And then on a pretty convincing 6 game winning run until the Spurs draw 3 games ago, to which the complaints soon vanished again.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2022 11:37:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #338: Jan 08, 2022 09:37:56 am
      We’ve failed to win a game he hasn’t started this season, I think you’re underestimating his importance.

Not missing anything, someone said we haven’t signed anyone of note, or anyone for that matter. What exactly did I miss in correcting him?

Yes, a mountain of injuries and Covid.

Think there’s a decent balance, we have experienced players and young players. Our form has nothing to do with age of the squad, our form is down to injuries and Covid, same as nearly every other team. Don’t know how many times I have to repeat that.

Yes the subs can. Before the injuries hit this season, it was anybody’s guess who was starting with Virgil in the league and then in Europe we are 100% and that’s with Virgil not playing every game.
      People were calling for Kostas to start because of how he was playing compared to Robbo.
      We had Elliott playing in the midfield ahead of the likes of Keita, with people having no idea who would play in midfield other than Fab.
      It’s been anybody’s guess who would play out of Bobby and Jota.
      We’ve had Kelleher come in for Ali a few times and do himself a lot of justice and play his part to a high standard.
      We are in the semi final of the cup and with the likes of Taki and Origi playing so shows we have the depth to cover that less important competition.

Of course we need improving in areas, do I think Origi is good enough? No. Do I think Ox is good enough? No. But every team has areas they can improve, supporters will never be fully satisfied with the team they support, and that includes City, they’re fans are constantly bitching about the likes of Jesus.

The reality is, up until the last 3 games the title race was anyone’s guess and was separated by a point, we are 100% in the CL, semi final of the cup. But in all honesty we got screwed big time in the Spurs game, the Leicester game would’ve been 3 points if Salah put away that penalty, I’m confident of that and Chelsea was a crazy 5mins. But what people don’t take into account is in that time we’ve been massively hit with injuries and Covid. If people think our squad is nowhere near the level of being able to compete despite all of the above then give your head a wobble and don’t waste my time with blinkered and irrational views because up until the West Ham game we were what, 20 games unbeaten stretching back to last season and these views were strangely not apparent. And then on a pretty convincing 6 game winning run until the Spurs draw 3 games ago, to which the complaints soon vanished again.

I went back and forth on these points pre season. So far I've been proven right on my points.

I'll talk to you end of season. I can wait.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #339: Jan 08, 2022 11:24:30 am
      I went back and forth on these points pre season. So far I've been proven right on my points.

I'll talk to you end of season. I can wait.

You haven't been proven right in anything.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #340: Jan 08, 2022 11:35:17 am
      You haven't been proven right in anything.

So Keita and Ox have covered for Gini then?

Taki and Origi have covered our front three amazingly well yeah?

We're going to win the league are we?

Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Milly have all stayed injury free and are lighting the place up are they?

Mane has been amazing and back to his old self has he?

Firmino too?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #341: Jan 08, 2022 03:29:38 pm
      Davies didn't play one minute!!!! And we want Jürgen to be challenging on multiple fronts.

How do you know that wasn't a Jürgen decision? No point getting players in if the manager doesn't really want to use them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #342: Jan 08, 2022 03:30:31 pm

Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Milly have all stayed injury free and are lighting the place up are they?

Firmino too?

And you're F***ing whinging again!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #343: Jan 08, 2022 04:13:52 pm

Firmino too?
      True, we were supposed to buy a replacement for each of Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Milly at around 40M to 60M each and try to break the world record for the biggest number of midfielders in one squad. Its all a question of around a little 200 million or so anyway (peanuts) and some mental gymnastics to help ignore the fact that we already have 8 midfielders (more than most other PL clubs)

We also should've gone and spent around 60 to 80 million on a winger to ''cover'' for Sadio and Mo. If clubs backed by Oil countries can spend that kind of money for somebody who will inherently spend most of his time on the bench or relegate one of your highest earners to the bench then there's no reason we can't or shouldn't do it too.

''We didn't replace Gini''? As in the guy who the group of people you're part of spent the last two seasons whining about how useless he is and how  we should replace him with somebody more creative regardless of how many times people would explain the Gini role and its importance? Oh look at that, we effectively let him go and replace him with 3 players that do an inherently more creative and attack minded job than him (Eliott, Keita, and Ox) but now the argument somehow changed to ''we didn't replace Gini'' as in ''we didn't replace him with somebody who does exactly the same role we spent two season spitting on and winning about how useless it is?''

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #344: Jan 08, 2022 04:22:06 pm
      True, we were supposed to buy a replacement for each of Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Milly at around 40M to 60M each and try to break the world record for the biggest number of midfielders in one squad. Its all a question of around a little 200 million or so anyway (peanuts) and some mental gymnastics to help ignore the fact that we already have 8 midfielders (more than most other PL clubs)

We also should've gone and spent around 60 to 80 million on a winger to ''cover'' for Sadio and Mo. If clubs backed by Oil countries can spend that kind of money for somebody who will inherently spend most of his time on the bench or relegate one of your highest earners to the bench then there's no reason we can't or shouldn't do it too.

''We didn't replace Gini''? As in the guy who the group of people you're part of spent the last two seasons whining about how useless he is and how  we should replace him with somebody more creative regardless of how many times people would explain the Gini role and its importance? Oh look at that, we effectively let him go and replace him with 3 players that do an inherently more creative and attack minded job than him (Eliott, Keita, and Ox) but now the argument somehow changed to ''we didn't replace Gini'' as in ''we didn't replace him with somebody who does exactly the same role we spent two season spitting on and winning about how useless it is?''

1. I never once complained about Gini. I understood the role he played. If he played the role bad, on a rare occasion I would comment on him having a bad game. Two of those three players you mentioned are either sh*t or always injured. Harvey had a bad injury but he was NEVER brought in to replace Gini.

2. Our squad is where it's at due to YEARS of FSG being tight bas**rds and not taking in to account that if you stagnate you'll get to this position.

3. You lot are so F***ing extreme. Why does it need to be £200m or nothing? Why couldn't it be move Ox and Naby on and buy a starting 11 midfielder? Move Origi and Taki and get a winger because we F***ing need one.

Anyway, I'm refusing to discuss this anymore until the end of the season. Either I'll be wrong or you lot will be wrong. Hopefully it's me. I'll be patient.

Quick Reply