Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Scouting talk

Read 332887 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #345: Jan 08, 2022 05:33:15 pm
      1. I never once complained about Gini. I understood the role he played. If he played the role bad, on a rare occasion I would comment on him having a bad game. Two of those three players you mentioned are either sh*t or always injured. Harvey had a bad injury but he was NEVER brought in to replace Gini.

2. Our squad is where it's at due to YEARS of FSG being tight bas**rds and not taking in to account that if you stagnate you'll get to this position.

3. You lot are so f**king extreme. Why does it need to be £200m or nothing? Why couldn't it be move Ox and Naby on and buy a starting 11 midfielder? Move Origi and Taki and get a winger because we f**king need one.

Anyway, I'm refusing to discuss this anymore until the end of the season. Either I'll be wrong or you lot will be wrong. Hopefully it's me. I'll be patient.
      We are extreme? You're right we're the ones who spend weeks on twitter winding each other up with no consideration for logic and reality whatsoever.

Ox has stayed healthy since the beginning of the season and Keita was healthy until the butcher tackle from Pogba and now he's back. Hardly an injury that has to do with him being prone to injuries. Clearly there has been work done in the summer around keeping the injury prone players healthy and its working, Matip, OX and Keita stayed injury free until the aforementioned incident. But of course now that we don't have the ''injury'' argument anymore we have to ignore that or revert to calling them sh*t.

''Sell Keita and Ox to get a starter''. As soon as we sell two midfielders and buy another with the money you lot will start singing the same song you sung every time we sold a player which is ''we have to sell to buy, sh*t owners, cheap, blah blah blah''. Then once the season begins you're gonna start whining about how now we are one midfielder short because we sold two and only bought one.

I would be happy with the fact that you refuse to discuss it until the end of the season but I've got a sneaky feeling we can't bank on that.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #346: Jan 08, 2022 06:00:32 pm
      I'm only going to respond to Keita. He's been injury free until the Pogba challenge? Are you feeling alright? He f**king kicked the ground and got injured it's that bad with him.

I advise you go check his injury list this season before typing.

Anyway, we'll speak end of the season.
      Missed one game because of the event you're referring to which Klopp described as something they weren't even worried about at all. However, it is so fitting that you're only going to respond on the Keita point which is incidentally a point that has nothing to do with the main argument we are having about whining and displaying a complete disregard for logic and common sense.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #347: Jan 08, 2022 07:20:01 pm
      Looking more at Kessie, does seem like a player who could bolster the midfield, though seems to be linked now with Madrid [latest anyway]

Yves Bissouma too, would be interested in looking at him.  Certainly more than Diaz, Hazard, Vlahovic etc, reckon we need a CM more than a forward.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #348: Jan 08, 2022 08:19:01 pm
      Looking more at Kessie, does seem like a player who could bolster the midfield, though seems to be linked now with Madrid [latest anyway]

Heard loads about him but have to be honest in our two games he just didn't impress me
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #349: Jan 08, 2022 09:21:28 pm
      Scouting talk that’s all it is, talk, talk, no action
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #350: Jan 09, 2022 04:31:39 pm
      Heard loads about him but have to be honest in our two games he just didn't impress me

He looked slow against us didn't impress at all he's not a patch on Naby.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #351: Jan 09, 2022 07:06:58 pm

Both my AC Milan friends say he has had a bad season. Durable and can have a go at goal, but his form has been down this year
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Reply #352: Jan 09, 2022 07:15:00 pm
      He looked slow against us didn't impress at all he's not a patch on Naby.

Bissouma for me
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #353: Jan 09, 2022 08:18:42 pm
      Anybody here watch Ligue 1? Orenstein (same guy that broke the Konate news first and very early) is crediting us with interest in Aurelien Tchouameni. 21yo CM who plays at Monaco. I've done the cliche thing and watched some youtube videos but I've got to say, I'm much more impressed than I usually would be.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #354: Jan 09, 2022 08:24:18 pm

For sure. Him and Fab could allow us to play a 4-2-3-1 and he would help solidify the defence
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #355: Jan 09, 2022 08:41:15 pm
      Anybody here watch Ligue 1? Orenstein (same guy that broke the Konate news first and very early) is crediting us with interest in Aurelien Tchouameni. 21yo CM who plays at Monaco. I've done the cliche thing and watched some youtube videos but I've got to say, I'm much more impressed than I usually would be.

He does seem very impressive
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #356: Jan 10, 2022 09:02:18 am
      Spurs rumoured to be going for Traore at 18 million..At that price I really think we should be sniffing around
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #357: Jan 10, 2022 09:14:20 am
      Spurs rumoured to be going for Traore at 18 million..At that price I really think we should be sniffing around

Absolutely not, he’s one of the most overrated players in the league. His goal and assist contributions are abysmal, all he does is use his pace to get to the byline and chip a ball into the box. He’s incredibly predictable and his 1 or 2 games a season where he actually makes an impact really isn’t worth it. So many better players out there than him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #358: Jan 10, 2022 09:17:06 am
      Absolutely not, he’s one of the most overrated players in the league. His goal and assist contributions are abysmal, all he does is use his pace to get to the byline and chip a ball into the box. He’s incredibly predictable and his 1 or 2 games a season where he actually makes an impact really isn’t worth it. So many better players out there than him.

In my opinion hes what we lack, a runner with the ball, imagine the space he could create for Mo and the lads, Id have no doubt Jürgen would improve him

And as I say at 18 million why not, lets face it we wont spend big if at all this window
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #359: Jan 10, 2022 09:34:37 am
      In my opinion hes what we lack, a runner with the ball, imagine the space he could create for Mo and the lads, Id have no doubt Jürgen would improve him

And as I say at 18 million why not, lets face it we wont spend big if at all this window

He needs space to run into though and teams we play don’t ever give us that

He’s not technical running with the ball, he’s quick into space

With the ball and end project he’s utter F***ing garbage

Wouldn’t touch him myself
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #360: Jan 10, 2022 09:54:41 am

Agree, I wouldn't be interested even at £1.8M never mind £18M

Doesn't suit us at all
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #361: Jan 10, 2022 10:17:50 am
      Yeah gotta agree - Traore has no substance, quick , strong but zero end product and needs space to run into.

Neto would be the player from Wolves
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #362: Jan 10, 2022 11:06:31 am
      No I get that lads with the doubts, I had them myself still do, the only selling point for me at the price mentioned is that something different he brings. Packed defences with no space, let him off on a run open it up, yes he has a sh*te return on goals, but that would not be why Id sign him, and I know Jürgen and tge staff would improve his finishing

Watched him against utd a week or so ago and for all his limitations he panicked them and had them concerned about him, I think our front 3 would benefit from that alone
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #363: Jan 10, 2022 11:21:07 am
      Would have tempted by Adama 18 months ago but seems to be going backwards at the moment. He could still come in handy for a purely counter attacking side but I don't think teams offer us that space too often anymore.

Spurs welcome to him for that price, don't think he's much better than that Bergwijn they are trying to sell.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #364: Jan 10, 2022 11:25:20 am
      No I get that lads with the doubts, I had them myself still do, the only selling point for me at the price mentioned is that something different he brings. Packed defences with no space, let him off on a run open it up, yes he has a sh*te return on goals, but that would not be why Id sign him, and I know Jürgen and tge staff would improve his finishing

Watched him against utd a week or so ago and for all his limitations he panicked them and had them concerned about him, I think our front 3 would benefit from that alone

Difference for me there Bri is that utd like us, play a high line

No one plays against us with a high line so it negates his only strength

His running power against packed defence’s would bring nothing
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #365: Jan 10, 2022 12:21:27 pm
      Are we really not going to sign anyone?

Half of our team are injured 6 times a season, surely we need some new players and not just rely on kids
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #366: Jan 10, 2022 12:24:45 pm
      Are we really not going to sign anyone?

Half of our team are injured 6 times a season, surely we need some new players and not just rely on kids

Apparently there's no value in January and you can't get your targets over the line.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #367: Jan 10, 2022 12:36:35 pm

Who would he replace Brian ?

Quick Reply