Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Scouting talk

Read 332506 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #368: Jan 10, 2022 12:57:38 pm

nobody, he would be an addition to the squad, a something different, especially coming off the bench. For me too often at times we need something different off the bench only to see first sub in being Millie.

To be fair the replies above are all very valid reasons not to sign him I just cant help but wonder would working in our set up erradicate or at least lessen some of his weaknesses and actually become a useful player for us....in all probability well nevee know and I only raised it when I seen the quoted price spurs got for him
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #369: Jan 10, 2022 01:04:31 pm
      There are good players all over the world . We should sign one
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #370: Jan 10, 2022 01:30:51 pm

Rumour is Origi might be going.  Maybe he could replace Taki?   Or Shaqiri.  Take your pick
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #371: Jan 10, 2022 01:36:17 pm
      No I get that lads with the doubts, I had them myself still do, the only selling point for me at the price mentioned is that something different he brings. Packed defences with no space, let him off on a run open it up, yes he has a sh*te return on goals, but that would not be why Id sign him, and I know Jürgen and tge staff would improve his finishing

Watched him against utd a week or so ago and for all his limitations he panicked them and had them concerned about him, I think our front 3 would benefit from that alone

Wasn't that long ago Wolves were looking for 60-80mill for him.

How times have changed.

Agree with what people have said, his end product is suspect.

But he is really strong and direct, runs at players and beats men - thats the hard part ! 
      Jürgen has a record of improving players, and maybe he could also do same for Traore, his final ball etc.  Might not take much to make him a heck of a player.

Buying the finished article is probably a safer option - but a lot more expensive.    Swings and roundabouts...

Also, question is if he could he improve the squad - would he be better than Origi, Taki, AOC etc. - after being knocked into shape by the staff
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #372: Jan 10, 2022 01:38:36 pm
      Are we really not going to sign anyone?

Half of our team are injured 6 times a season, surely we need some new players and not just rely on kids

We don’t need to rely on kids - they pretty 9/10 play in Cup games anyway

The club appeared to have been pretty clear that they wouldn’t be buying in Jan and Klopp isn’t a huge fan on the Jan window
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 6403 
      Reply #373: Jan 10, 2022 01:42:22 pm

Half of our team are injured 6 times a season, surely we need some new players and not just rely on kids

Unless you see significant sales I wouldn’t hold my breath on any signings. This window or summer. Our model is pretty clear. We don’t have the funds to splash without balancing with outgoings.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #374: Jan 10, 2022 02:33:57 pm
      Yeah gotta agree - Traore has no substance, quick , strong but zero end product and needs space to run into.

Neto would be the player from Wolves

Wouldn't say no to Ruben Neves either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #375: Jan 10, 2022 02:35:09 pm

We will sign players but most likely in the summer like we always do.

Jürgen doesn't really like the January window so can't see much changing this month
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #376: Jan 10, 2022 03:24:12 pm
      Don’t think it’s anything to do with Jürgen, more the sinister claws of the FSG budgeting team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #377: Jan 10, 2022 03:34:14 pm
      Don’t think it’s anything to do with Jürgen, more the sinister claws of the FSG budgeting team

He was the same at Dortmund as well so it's as much to do with him as anyone.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #378: Jan 10, 2022 08:34:42 pm
      He was the same at Dortmund as well so it's as much to do with him as anyone.

These are total signings made under Jürgen in winter transfer window. Out of curiosity i searched for it. Although its no doubt that Jürgen makes most of signings in summer, like everyone else, he has made more then few in Jan. too.

January signings for Dortmund: 7
      January signings for Mainz: 10
      January signings for us: 8

source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/Jürgen-klopp/spielertransfers/trainer/118/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=120230
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2022 08:45:58 pm by Billo »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #379: Jan 10, 2022 08:37:19 pm
      These are total signings made under Jürgen in winter transfer window. Out of curiosity i searched for it. Although its no doubt that Jürgen makes most of signings in summer, like everyone else, he has made more then few in Jan. too.

January signings for us: 16

source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/Jürgen-klopp/spielertransfers/trainer/118/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=120230

I'm not sure where you got those numbers from but there is no way we have signed 16 players in January during Jurgens time here.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #380: Jan 10, 2022 08:37:57 pm

January signings for us: 16

Surprised by so many with us.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #381: Jan 10, 2022 08:38:54 pm
      I'm not sure where you got those numbers from but there is no way we have signed 16 players in January during Jurgens time here.

i counted the players signed in jan under Jürgen. source is in the post. although it counts everyone signed under Jurgens regime. mind you this wasnt posted to prove you wrong or right. it was just out of curiosity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #382: Jan 10, 2022 08:42:02 pm
      i counted the players signed in jan under Jürgen. source is in the post. although it counts everyone signed under Jurgens regime. mind you this wasnt posted to prove you wrong or right. it was just out of curiosity.

You know that's counting players coming back from loan and the like?

It's not more than 7 and that's counting Caulker and Kabak on loan as well.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #383: Jan 10, 2022 08:42:16 pm

Looking through it, i am confused by the data as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      Reply #384: Jan 10, 2022 08:42:27 pm

Gruij
      Grabara
      Caulker
      VVD
      Taki
      Ben Davies
      kabak
      Kaide Gordon

Thats all I can come up with
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #385: Jan 10, 2022 08:43:11 pm
      You know that's counting players coming back from loan and the like?

It's not more than 7 and that's counting Kabak on loan as well.

Yeah, i think you are right. dont know why they have added end of load as signing but il try to fix the numbers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #386: Jan 10, 2022 08:44:16 pm
      Yeah, i think you are right. dont know why they have added end of load as signing but il try to fix the numbers.

No worries mate and Brian has done above and I forgot about Gordon.

Jürgen doesn't really like buying in January as he likes to have the ore season with them
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #387: Jan 10, 2022 08:45:59 pm

That's because only 6 were purchases, the rest were kids coming back from loan spells.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #388: Jan 10, 2022 08:47:11 pm
      Gruij
      Grabara
      Caulker
      VVD
      Taki
      Ben Davies
      kabak
      Kaide Gordon

Thats all I can come up with

Sounds about right, and 2 of them (Ozan/Davies) where due to emergency situation and Grujic i believe was loaned back to his club. Caulker was probably another "need emergency cover" situation as i don't think he ever played a minute for us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #389: Jan 10, 2022 08:48:35 pm
      Sounds about right, and 2 of them (Ozan/Davies) where due to emergency situation and Grujic i believe was loaned back to his club. Caulker was probably another "need emergency cover" situation as i don't think he ever played a minute for us.

Didn't he play up front for a few minutes or am I imagining that? :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      Reply #390: Jan 10, 2022 08:50:06 pm

Aye, VVD and Taki only real signing ( Kaide being bought as an academy player) and Taki has not had massive impact

Funny, the 1 real impact signing made in January is arguably Klopps best signing ever

Quick Reply