Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Scouting talk

Read 336421 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #621: Feb 14, 2022 12:07:11 am

Back in the summer I wanted us to sign him but from watching him this season, he’s so lazy when tracking back and has cost them a few goals recently, especially against Spurs. As good a goal he can score, don’t think he has the workrate for what we look for in a player.

Personally for me would be Kessie and Carvalho to bring into the midfield.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #622: Feb 15, 2022 12:24:25 pm
      Back in the summer I wanted us to sign him but from watching him this season, he’s so lazy when tracking back and has cost them a few goals recently, especially against Spurs. As good a goal he can score, don’t think he has the workrate for what we look for in a player.

To be fair, the whole Leicester squad has been below par this season. They seem to be a team at the end of a cycle. But I do get your point, Tielemans hasn't had an amazing season. He just needs a good Klopp hug and he'll be good to go!  ;D

Funny you should mention Kessie though, as it's been exactly the same for him.  ;)

Carvalho is a no brainer. Let's go get him.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,615 posts | 1513 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #623: Feb 15, 2022 02:56:34 pm

He's a sulker too, there was a few times a month or so back some of the challenges he was putting in were very questionable but nothing was said about it, looked like he was trying to injure players because he was playing sh*t, had me nervous because we played them a couple times after noticing it.
      RedFire25
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #624: Mar 08, 2022 06:37:22 pm
      One premier league player you think could benefit the first team or as a rotational bench player?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #625: Mar 08, 2022 11:05:09 pm
      One premier league player you think could benefit the first team or as a rotational bench player?

Rudiger is free if he does not sign a new contract, and I think it would be a very very big coup to sign him. Yes, we already have Konate, Gomez and Matip but with VVD it would be incredibly solid at the back and it would be a real statement to get one of the best CB of the league from Chelsea.

I don't know where we could improve. I guess we could find replacements for Origi and Milner. Then I'd go for Tielemans if the price is right. Upfront, if Saka is interested in moving, I'd go for him. He has incredible potential, and Arsenal will not be competitive anytime soon I think.

I'm just trying to answer. It's hard to improve this squad since our starters are all world-class and it would not be easy to have some on the bench.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #626: Mar 10, 2022 11:48:22 am
      Rudiger is free if he does not sign a new contract, and I think it would be a very very big coup to sign him. Yes, we already have Konate, Gomez and Matip but with VVD it would be incredibly solid at the back and it would be a real statement to get one of the best CB of the league from Chelsea.

By far the Chavs best defender and arguably their best player IMO. Would happily see us sign him, can see one of either Gomez or Matip leaving this summer so a replacement would be needed and I don't think they'd be much better out there than Rudiger on a free transfer.

Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #627: Mar 14, 2022 02:44:40 pm
      By far the Chavs best defender and arguably their best player IMO. Would happily see us sign him, can see one of either Gomez or Matip leaving this summer so a replacement would be needed and I don't think they'd be much better out there than Rudiger on a free transfer.
      Would Rudiger want to join a team where he wouldn't be a lock for the first XI? Konaté has looked great recently so he probably wouldn't get in ahead of him, and if Matip stays he probably doesn't get in ahead of him either (at least not when Matip is healthy). Our CB group is really solid so I don't think any turnover is needed there, unless Gomez decides he wants to play more first team football.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #628: Mar 14, 2022 02:47:56 pm

Rudiger and VVD would be awesome said it a while ago how good he is and could not for the life of me think why Fat Frank didn't think the same
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,220 posts | 1108 
      Reply #629: Mar 14, 2022 03:11:05 pm

Ivan Toney is a Liverpool fan and has said he'd be happy to be a squad player for his favorite team. He doesn't press the way that Bobby does, but he isn't Harry Kane off the ball either. I could see him being good for us, especially with Mane and Salah on either side of him.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #630: Mar 14, 2022 04:15:12 pm

Curious why you see Matip leaving? For me right now he's arguably one of the best CBs in the league.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #631: Mar 14, 2022 07:24:41 pm
      Apparently close to signing Ben Doak from Celtic? Never heard of him, but supposedly highly rated 16yo winger
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #632: Mar 14, 2022 07:59:58 pm
      Curious why you see Matip leaving? For me right now he's arguably one of the best CBs in the league.

Not necessarily Matip, I said out of him and Gomez.
      Gomez because of clearly being 4th choice and probably wanting to be a regular having already missed so much football through injury.
      Matip because it isn’t going to be long IMO until Konate becomes first choice to partner Virgil and over the years Matip has flipped between being 2nd, 3rd and probably 4th choice so could maybe see him wanting a new challenge as he goes into the final 2(?) years of his contract and be the established first choice. Also Konate is prospect of the 4 and Virgil clearly isn’t going anywhere so it’s one of the 2.

Either way, I think the chances are high that we have a CB departing this summer so for me Rudiger would be the ideal one to bring in. I rate Matip and Gomez highly and Konate looks like he could become a force like Virgil but for me, Rudiger is better than those 3 and IMO a group of CB’s consisting of Virgil, Rudiger, Matip/Gomez and Konate is about as good as you could possibly get.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #633: Mar 15, 2022 05:46:42 am
      Not necessarily Matip, I said out of him and Gomez.
      Gomez because of clearly being 4th choice and probably wanting to be a regular having already missed so much football through injury.
      Matip because it isn’t going to be long IMO until Konate becomes first choice to partner Virgil and over the years Matip has flipped between being 2nd, 3rd and probably 4th choice so could maybe see him wanting a new challenge as he goes into the final 2(?) years of his contract and be the established first choice. Also Konate is prospect of the 4 and Virgil clearly isn’t going anywhere so it’s one of the 2.

Either way, I think the chances are high that we have a CB departing this summer so for me Rudiger would be the ideal one to bring in. I rate Matip and Gomez highly and Konate looks like he could become a force like Virgil but for me, Rudiger is better than those 3 and IMO a group of CB’s consisting of Virgil, Rudiger, Matip/Gomez and Konate is about as good as you could possibly get.

It's rare that I have a popular opinion. I really hope our scouting team is at least having him on the radar. With the situation at Chelsea, Klopp being German and since we are probably the most well run club in Europe, we can attract anyone who asks for a reasonable salary.

With Thiago, we have seen that the club is willing to invest in players close to their thirties with a good but not too big a salary. Rudiger could be another Thiago-like signing. He'd bring experience and talent to this team. His passing and influence on the game has increased a lot.

VVD while he has been very good recently has been influencing the game less. Has anyone less noticed it?  He said himself in a recent video that he was very good at free kicks, but after his injury he does not try them anymore. I think that his injury has led him to do less of the long accurate passes we've seen him do before.

Rudiger can do that. A CB with a good passing range is a weapon. VVD showed that against Bayern, remember.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #634: Mar 21, 2022 10:44:07 am
      Tino Livramento of Saints looks like he'd have potential to be a good backup option to Trent. He's good at getting forward and he's got a pretty good delivery as well.

There isn't many players that I can really think of that would be an ideal option to come in for Trent but he's one to keep an eye on IMO. We need a player that's an effective, reliable and consistent player to cover that side in the way that we have Kostas for the left and from what I've seen of Livramento so far, he's always looked a threat going forward and doesn't shy away from the defensive side of his game either.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #635: Mar 21, 2022 08:03:00 pm
      Tino Livramento of Saints looks like he'd have potential to be a good backup option to Trent. He's good at getting forward and he's got a pretty good delivery as well.

There isn't many players that I can really think of that would be an ideal option to come in for Trent but he's one to keep an eye on IMO. We need a player that's an effective, reliable and consistent player to cover that side in the way that we have Kostas for the left and from what I've seen of Livramento so far, halways looked a threat going forward and doesn't shy away from the defensive side of his game either.

We already have a backup for Trent: Neco Williams.
      He just needed to go out on loan and play some regular football. He's now done that, and he'll come back to us a rejuvenated player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #636: Mar 21, 2022 10:18:18 pm
      He just needed to go out on loan and play some regular football. He's now done that, and he'll come back to us a rejuvenated player.

No, Williams is better off staying where he is IMO, he’s made for that league. Harry Wilson and Brewster looked boss in that league but then couldn’t cut it with us and unfortunately, Williams is another that just isn’t going to reach the level we require.

We’ve gone down the route of having Gomez who through no fault of his own is very injury prone, naturally a CB as our back up right back. I don’t think we’d have done that if there was any real expectation that Williams would reach the level we need. Klopp even stopped playing him at RB and pushed him further forward, he had Bradley ahead of him for a while at RB.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #637: Mar 21, 2022 10:33:39 pm
      No, Williams is better off staying where he is IMO, he’s made for that league. Harry Wilson and Brewster looked boss in that league but then couldn’t cut it with us and unfortunately, Williams is another that just isn’t going to reach the level we require.

We’ve gone down the route of having Gomez who through no fault of his own is very injury prone, naturally a CB as our back up right back. I don’t think we’d have done that if there was any real expectation that Williams would reach the level we need. Klopp even stopped playing him at RB and pushed him further forward, he had Bradley ahead of him for a while at RB.

He only played once further forward, against Leicester, and it was out of necessity (remember Koumetio started that game, that should tell you something).

He had a difficult season last year, but the year before and this season he was pretty good when called upon. Don't forget he's only 20. It's still very young for a defender.

We don't need him to reach Trent's level, or even expect it, but he can be a pretty good backup IMO. Time will tell, I guess.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #638: Mar 21, 2022 10:58:28 pm
      He only played once further forward, against Leicester, and it was out of necessity (remember Koumetio started that game, that should tell you something).

He had a difficult season last year, but the year before and this season he was pretty good when called upon. Don't forget he's only 20. It's still very young for a defender.

We don't need him to reach Trent's level, or even expect it, but he can be a pretty good backup IMO. Time will tell, I guess.

His last handful of appearances were further forward for us, every time he was coming on it was in a role further up the pitch.

He’s too much of a bull in a china shop for me.

On a side note too, and before anyone says it, I know it’s petty but….he runs really weird!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #639: Mar 21, 2022 11:21:09 pm
      On a side note too, and before anyone says it, I know it’s petty but….he runs really weird!

So does Hendo, according to Ferguson...  ;) :lmao:

Re Neco, I can understand your bull in a china shop comment, but for me, that's just his age showing.
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2022 11:27:42 pm by PTU »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Reply #640: Mar 22, 2022 02:27:53 pm

We're supposedly looking at a £12 million deal being agreed with Fulham for Neco
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #641: Mar 22, 2022 02:56:03 pm
      We're supposedly looking at a £12 million deal being agreed with Fulham for Neco

Would be a nice move for him. Maybe make it an even swap for Carvalho  :)
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #642: Mar 22, 2022 03:42:54 pm

As much as I want him to come back, I could understand his desire to stay. He'll be guaranteed first team football with a decent team.
      Would probably be a good deal for everyone involved to be fair.

We'll just need to find a replacement then.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #643: Mar 22, 2022 04:19:51 pm
      As much as I want him to come back, I could understand his desire to stay. He'll be guaranteed first team football with a decent team.
      Would probably be a good deal for everyone involved to be fair.

We'll just need to find a replacement then.

With Fulham being promoted it would be a nice move for Neco for sure.

How about we make Gomez the RB backup and bring in someone like Rudiger on a free to be our 4th CB.

Quick Reply