Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Scouting talk

Read 332337 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #644: Mar 22, 2022 06:45:04 pm
      We're supposedly looking at a £12 million deal being agreed with Fulham for Neco

I think that he's a more than decent player. Unfortunately for him, TAA is an exceptional player and probably the next captain. However, 12 M is good money. We could add this clause which gives us a percentage of the future transfer fee, we've done it before.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #645: Mar 23, 2022 11:35:59 am
      With Fulham being promoted it would be a nice move for Neco for sure.

How about we make Gomez the RB backup and bring in someone like Rudiger on a free to be our 4th CB.
      I doubt we can hold on to Gomez much longer without giving him regular minutes at CB let alone him being a back-up for a position he doesn't even really play.

I don't know what will be our plans going into the summer but I think Gomez will maybe ask for a transfer or at the very least a loan. Matip's deal runs for another two seasons and I don't see us selling him. If I put myself in Joe's boots I might be looking for a transfer or a loan to a top club from another league with more or less guaranteed minutes because I'm 24, my development has already been hindered by injuries and I need those crucial minutes on the way to the WC (and just for my development as a player too).

If Gomez exits then I have no problem bringing back Philips as the 4th choice if he wants or if Klopp and co think that Sepp is ready to integrate the 1st team then he could be the 4th choice. I don't think we necessarily need to go out and buy another CB to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #646: Mar 23, 2022 05:12:06 pm
      Maybe make it an even swap for Carvalho

His contract expires in the summer, if we want Carvalho then we can go and get him and there's nothing Fulham can do about it. If we can't agree a compensation fee with them then it will be decided by a tribunal, but Fulham have basically lost all negotiation power for Carvalho now so it would suits us more to sell Williams than to try and include him in any deal for Carvalho.

If Gomez exits then I have no problem bringing back Philips as the 4th choice if he wants

Think Phillips would be like Gomez, at that age they will want more assurances over playing time, that's why he's gone to Bournemouth and why we were going to let him go last summer if someone met the asking price. I can't see Phillips wanting to stick around and continue to not play.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #647: Mar 23, 2022 05:22:56 pm
      His contract expires in the summer, if we want Carvalho then we can go and get him and there's nothing Fulham can do about it. If we can't agree a compensation fee with them then it will be decided by a tribunal, but Fulham have basically lost all negotiation power for Carvalho now so it would suits us more to sell Williams than to try and include him in any deal for Carvalho.

Think Phillips would be like Gomez, at that age they will want more assurances over playing time, that's why he's gone to Bournemouth and why we were going to let him go last summer if someone met the asking price. I can't see Phillips wanting to stick around and continue to not play.
      I agree with you.  I think the 4th choice CB will most probably be a youngster
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #648: Mar 23, 2022 07:58:32 pm

Good call, i had forgotten about that
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #649: Mar 24, 2022 05:34:53 pm
      Gavi rejected Barces offer, interesting
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #650: Mar 25, 2022 07:35:25 am
      Gavi rejected Barces offer, interesting

I'm not sure if we need to invest this kind of money again in a  young central midfielder.
      We have Jones and Elliott. I'd rather have someone replace Keita or Ox, that is someone quite mature, not below 23 years old and who has experience. Someone who can play instantly and be relied upon. Gavi is still a gamble, young and lakcs experience. I'd prefer a Wijnaldum-type of signing.

Keita and Ox, I like both but it's clear they are not cutting it and need to move on. I hope I'm wrong but I'm resigned now. Gavi looks like a good player but I doubt he'll be that much better than Elliott and Jones. The EPL is something different.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #651: Mar 25, 2022 04:44:22 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #652: Mar 25, 2022 04:46:06 pm
      I'm not sure if we need to invest this kind of money again in a  young central midfielder.
      We have Jones and Elliott.
      I'd rather have someone replace Keita or Ox, that is someone quite mature, not below 23 years old and who has experience. Someone who can play instantly and be relied upon. Gavi is still a gamble, young and lakcs experience. I'd prefer a Wijnaldum-type of signing.

Keita and Ox, I like both but it's clear they are not cutting it and need to move on. I hope I'm wrong but I'm resigned now. Gavi looks like a good player but I doubt he'll be that much better than Elliott and Jones. The EPL is something different.

And hopefully Carvalho, but that's only 3 out of 7 or 8 you need in the middle over a full season, plus Elliott may end up moving back to RW. I'd be all in on Gavi.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #653: Mar 28, 2022 03:12:22 pm
      And hopefully Carvalho, but that's only 3 out of 7 or 8 you need in the middle over a full season, plus Elliott may end up moving back to RW. I'd be all in on Gavi.

FWIW,

Feel we missed the boat on what could've been a good bit of business in the midfield. Odegaard is turning into a fine player, was sold for 30mill and he grew up supporting Liverpool. Given the inconsistency from Ox and Keita in terms of availability and performances, Gini having just departed and Thiago having his injury problems too, he'd have been a good player to bring in IMO.

Don't know anything about Gavi, I thought Pedri was meant to be the next one coming through from that lot?

Carvalho, hopefully we go back in for him.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #654: Mar 31, 2022 10:52:49 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #655: Apr 01, 2022 03:17:21 pm

Saw a few weeks ago that we were interested in him. Looks like he's a highly thought of talent with huge potential.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #656: Apr 03, 2022 08:13:59 am
      Football insider reporting we want to sign a top-class central midfielder this summer - and the number one target is Declan Rice

Wish these people would make their minds up.  Do we want to sign a top class central midfield player? Or do we want to sign Declan Rice? 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #657: Apr 03, 2022 08:50:53 am
      Football insider reporting we want to sign a top-class central midfielder this summer - and the number one target is Declan Rice

Wish these people would make their minds up.  Do we want to sign a top class central midfield player? Or do we want to sign Declan Rice? 😂

Declan Rice is a superb player but at his price Bellingham is a better choice
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #658: Apr 03, 2022 10:42:45 am
      Declan Rice is a superb player but at his price Bellingham is a better choice

Agree.

Rice is probably one of the best DM in the league and after not really rating him he's really impressed me lately.

Also agree that I'd sooner spent that money on Bellingham.

Use Henderson as the Fabinho cover over the next few seasons.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #659: Apr 03, 2022 03:49:06 pm
      Can't see us spend 60-70m on Rice or Bellingham.
      Gravenberch and Tielemans will both be available at around 30-35m.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #660: Apr 03, 2022 04:12:21 pm
      Can't see us spend 60-70m on Rice or Bellingham.
      Gravenberch and Tielemans will both be available at around 30-35m.

Gravenberch is going to Bayern, all but confirmed. Don’t really get the hype about him though if I’m honest. Same with Rice, don’t think he gives us anything that we haven’t got in abundance already - Fab is well ahead of him and I’d put Hendo ahead of him too. Rice strikes me as a player too good for West Ham but not good enough for us.

Bellingham won’t happen, we aren’t spending 100mill plus on him when we could get Carvalho for compensation and have Elliott.

Tielemans I would’ve liked us to sign previously but Christ his workrate and defensive effort is non existent. Complete opposite to what Klopp expects.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #661: Apr 03, 2022 04:47:37 pm
      If we could buy any player from......

The prem
      A championship side
      And from any other league.     

Who would you be in for?

Give me.....

Prem- Jared Bowen (no need in thinking of any Utd, City, or Chelsea player. Non would sell to us. Love Gallagher though)
      Championship- Brereton Diaz
      All other- Nkunku

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #662: Apr 03, 2022 07:25:28 pm

That's a good shout. I actually wonder where the kid will end up. He's much too good for Crystal Palace, there's no room for him at Chelsea, and I can't see them sell him to any of the top teams...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #663: Apr 04, 2022 08:04:20 pm
      We won't be buying Rice, off to either Utd or Chelsea.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #664: Apr 06, 2022 11:13:26 am
      If arsenal miss out on top 4 I think klopp would love to sign Martinelli.
      So I’m kinda hoping spurs finish 4th.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #665: Apr 06, 2022 11:25:55 am
      If arsenal miss out on top 4 I think klopp would love to sign Martinelli.
      So I’m kinda hoping spurs finish 4th.

He has a thing for him alright
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #666: Apr 08, 2022 08:11:47 am
      The Doak signing looks good. Clearly still very raw but as he matures physically and tactically he could be a nice player.

Really liking the emphasis on bringing in the best homegrown talent. The future front 6 looks promising:

Doak - Carvalho - Gordon
      ----- Clark ----- Elliott --------
      ----------- Morton -------------

Quick Reply