Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Scouting talk

Read 332956 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2047: Jan 31, 2023 11:12:53 pm
      If we don't get Bellingham in the summer it's gonna really be devastating. Honestly at this point I just want new owners. I could care less about top 4 or the UCL.

We are going to be at the end of some awful stick if he doesn't.  I am still saying he will
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2048: Jan 31, 2023 11:14:04 pm
      I kind of assumed we weren’t going to buy anyone else this window. The Gakpo signing was a welcome surprise but hasn’t really done anything to strengthen us right now when we need it. I can honestly say I never would have thought Fab and Hendo were going to fall off the cliff like they have but it’s looking like a big mistake to not add to our midfield this past summer.
      Both need to be packed up and sold in the summer. Love em both but it's true. Next summer we need to do what Chelsea did this season, and that's completely revamp the squad. I'm not saying spend 500 mil, but Jude and a shithouse MFer won't cut it. We need 5 or 6 new players. 3 years ago I'd have confidence that Edward's could sort us out with a few moves, but who ever is making these deals now scares me. Perhaps the plan makes more sense with a functional MF. We need 3 good lads in and increase the playing time of Barjetic and Morton.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2049: Jan 31, 2023 11:15:28 pm
      We are going to be at the end of some awful stick if he doesn't.  I am still saying he will
      I want you to be right. Do FSG sale us too?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #2050: Jan 31, 2023 11:17:17 pm
      It will be Mount we sign not Jude
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2051: Jan 31, 2023 11:19:10 pm
      It will be Mount we sign not Jude

Probably should have tried to sign him this window.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2052: Jan 31, 2023 11:21:44 pm
      Probably should have tried to sign him this window.
      Gallagher makes more sense than Mount in our system. Mount prolly the all around better player on paper, but Gallagher presses his ass off and just looks like a Klopp player
      rossyred

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Reply #2053: Jan 31, 2023 11:22:32 pm
      I want you to be right. Do FSG sale us too?

No idea on that one . Something has got to happen though one way or another
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2054: Jan 31, 2023 11:35:44 pm
      Gallagher makes more sense than Mount in our system. Mount prolly the all around better player on paper, but Gallagher presses his ass off and just looks like a Klopp player

Like you pointed out, Mount has more quality while Gallagher has more hunger to achieve something. They both would have improved our midfield imo.

Chelsea got Fernandez so either of them could have been a possibility this window.
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1103 
      Reply #2055: Jan 31, 2023 11:42:37 pm
      Like you pointed out, Mount has more quality while Gallagher has more hunger to achieve something. They both would have improved our midfield imo.

Chelsea got Fernandez so either of them could have been a possibility this window.

Have they got him though? All I've read is they agreed a fee of 105m rising to 120m.

Whatever the case and however they're doing it that owner is here to win.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2056: Jan 31, 2023 11:45:22 pm
      Have they got him though? All I've read is they agreed a fee of 105m rising to 120m.

Whatever the case and however they're doing it that owner is here to win.

i have read the same article on BBC, they are pretty reliable. So i guess chelsea got their man.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2057: Jan 31, 2023 11:55:03 pm
      Nah mate Kante has had injury issues for the last 3 or 4 seasons now. As class a player he is when fit there's no way I'd take a gamble on him now at his age.

Exactly mate, wait till our Physio Team get a hold of him!!

He'll be out till next Season  :mad:
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1103 
      Reply #2058: Feb 01, 2023 12:27:28 am
      Fernández is done. 106m plus add ons.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #2059: Feb 01, 2023 12:27:58 am
      I honestly think that the situation is made out to be much more dire than it actually is. The midfield is indeed a shambles, but if this is fixed in the summer then we still have the best backline in the country as far as I'm concerned (although I think we will need to buy a CB, ideally this summer) and a very good and promising front line with Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Salah, Elliott, Gakpo, Doak and probably Bobby for another year.

The full-backs issue is not going to be solved until we go back to dominating possession because our full-back looking this poor or as good as they usually look is a direct byproduct of the way we play (in addition to their talent of course). I have no doubt that if tomorrow we were to go back to having an effective press and win back the ball high up the pitch and pile pressure on teams the way we usually do then TAA immediately goes back to being considered the best RB in the world. In short, the only thing we can do at the moment would be to plug in a player that will defend much more than TAA and Robbo do, but this is counterproductive to the system we play and hence illogical unless you are willing to just change the way we play altogether (which is pretty much impossible).

Moral of the story is that we need at least a couple of top class midfielders with one of them inevitably being a very high energy box to box swiss knife type of player.

I personally would also look to sell one of Gomez or Matip in the summer and move for Josko Gvardiol from Leipzig which would be a two birds one stone type of situation where you cash in on one of those two and up the quality (and also reduce the average age in your backline if Matip is the one being let go of). The lad is big, fast, strong, versatile and is rarely out with an injury. Best of all is he is a big Liverpool fan and stated more than once that he dreams of playing for us.

With Ox, Keita, Milner and Adrian all coming off the wage bill this summer and possibly a further 2 or 3 other players leaving either on permanent or loan deals (Phillips and Kelleher both come to mind) I definitely expect us to compete both on the transfers fees aspect of the window as well as the wages one. The primary target will be the midfield, but like I said above, failure to secure a quality CB (ideally with some versatility in him) will spell danger of finding ourselves in the same mess we are in with our midfield but next season or the one after because Matip is back to being very injury prone, Gomez is no stranger to long-term injuries and its becoming increasingly clear that Konate is not as injury free as VVD is. It's all good when only one of them gets injured at a time, but it quickly becomes a problem when we lose a couple.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #2060: Feb 01, 2023 12:49:00 am
      I kind of assumed we weren’t going to buy anyone else this window. The Gakpo signing was a welcome surprise but hasn’t really done anything to strengthen us right now when we need it. I can honestly say I never would have thought Fab and Hendo were going to fall off the cliff like they have but it’s looking like a big mistake to not add to our midfield this past summer.

Fab is the one that surprises me most. It's as though becoming a father has instantly caused him to age by 10 years. I understand the feeling tbh but when you have ten million quid in the bank I'm sure that pays for a good nanny and the best childcare possible. It's very difficult to explain and I don't think I can ever recall a player going from boom to bust so fast. The rest though were predictable to one degree or another so not properly strengthening was a pretty clear risk at the time IMO (as these boards will evidence).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2061: Feb 01, 2023 04:33:33 am
      I'm don't with the negative bull sh*t. I'm moving on with hope in my heart... Summer window moves

1. Bellingham
      2. Fab replacement. I think Fulhams Jao Palhinha would be a good fit.
      3. Action press style MFer. Need to replicate what Gini gave us.Too may names to list, and most are unrealistic under this regime. Hopefully Homework is done and we find what we're looking for.
      4. CB to replace Matip
      5. Rb. Forget diamonds in the rough. Go for a talent now and push TAA further forward. If Soton get relegated Walker-Peters is a good option too.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #2062: Feb 01, 2023 07:15:40 am
      I get it that panic buying is not a good strategy but I have to admit I’m also disappointed that with the obvious problems we have, especially in midfield, we should have done some business to strengthen the midfield. Chelsea, United, Arsenal, NFU all did some proper business to strength their squads and push for CL spots. Seems like we already given up the fight and just looking at the next summer….

We must be very sure to land Bellingham if we are currently risking the qualification for the CL… I hope they know what they are doing….
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1103 
      Reply #2063: Feb 01, 2023 08:19:12 am
      I'm don't with the negative bull sh*t. I'm moving on with hope in my heart... Summer window moves

1. Bellingham
      2. Fab replacement. I think Fulhams Jao Palhinha would be a good fit.
      3. Action press style MFer. Need to replicate what Gini gave us.Too may names to list, and most are unrealistic under this regime. Hopefully Homework is done and we find what we're looking for.
      4. CB to replace Matip
      5. Rb. Forget diamonds in the rough. Go for a talent now and push TAA further forward. If Soton get relegated Walker-Peters is a good option too.

Yeah .... and how we paying for all that? Won't be with 8 year contracts .

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Only place I'd be pushing trent is towards the door. Someone would pay serious money for him ... and his laziness and attitude.

In my opinion mate the negative comes from the fact that teams that were not in our league have not only caught and surpassed us they've now left us I'm the dust. And whilst we've sat on our hands on our wallet again ignoring the fact we've the most horrible midfield in the Premier league and a leaky defence those said teams have got stronger again this month.

So when the likes of Bellingham look at the bottom half of the league in May to find us ... I'm sure they'll be more than willing to come here into an old declining team with no CL and fit into our wage structure. Quite why they'd want to choose say City, Madrid or United over us I'm not quite sure.

People still thinking we can get CL ... they're in cloud cuckoo land.

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 102 
      Reply #2064: Feb 01, 2023 09:02:31 am
      Fernández is done. 106m plus add ons.

brought to you by the feckers who were nearly wound up last summer, sooo strange
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2065: Feb 01, 2023 09:08:01 am
      brought to you by the feckers who were nearly wound up last summer, sooo strange

They will not win any league titles over the next 5 seasons.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2066: Feb 01, 2023 09:48:39 am
      In the summer there will one key signing

A Centre mid

Then another midfielder

Plus a cb depending on what happens with
      Matip

They won’t be bringing in a right back
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2067: Feb 01, 2023 12:33:35 pm
      In the summer there will one key signing

A Centre mid

Then another midfielder

Plus a cb depending on what happens with
      Matip

They won’t be bringing in a right back
      Do you think this enough?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2068: Feb 01, 2023 12:42:39 pm

Yes I think it will be enough

I know the current narrative is for wholesale changes but I don’t agree with that

Those changes would give us

Allison
      Kelleher

TAA
      Gomez
      Ramsey
      Konate
      VVD
      New CB
      Kostas
      Robbo

Plus academy

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajectic
      Thiago
      New CM
      New CM
      Elliot
      Jones
      Milner ( stays one more year )
      Carvahlo

Mo
      Bobby
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Gakpo
      Jota

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2069: Feb 01, 2023 12:47:05 pm

People still thinking we can get CL ... they're in cloud cuckoo land.

10 points off 4th but with game in hand, not impossible but doubtful. Obviously need to get many players back from injury if your to sustain a challenge

Thing is your now in the same position as United was in 2019/22. Your at least 4, maybe 5 players from getting back into the mix of taking City on, even then that’s not guaranteed as I’m sure you know.

Chavs currently appear to have a unlimited budget and despite manager  struggling may make a late run also for top 4.

Summer is a massive window for you lot and United if their to make inroads of catching City & Arsenal who now look to have there  sh!t together won’t be easy.

Quick Reply