Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Scouting talk

Read 336269 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,220 posts | 1107 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #5980: May 07, 2024 05:54:49 pm
      There's better out there that you could poach for less and anyone that watches half as much football around Europe as they do the Prem would know this.

Olise is a good player but he's a little overrated on the grounds that we have the advantage of watching him most weeks.
      Very good player. Only played about 40 percent of games this season. If he stays healthy his celing is high. I do agree we will go a different route though. The Edwards way is to scout heavy with numbers along either play and find a player for a reasonable price that has huge potential
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,926 posts | 968 
      Reply #5981: May 07, 2024 06:26:04 pm
      I hope we don't try to do too much this summer.  We have a good, cohesive group.  We are already changing the manager and entire coaching staff, so I think a couple of tweaks / upgrades should be our goal.  Specifically, just replace Thiago and Matip with better players who are good enough to compete for a starting position straight away.  If we can do that, then all Slot will need to do is figure out how to quit conceding the first goal I'm 80% of our games and we'll be in good shape!!!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #5982: May 07, 2024 09:28:02 pm
      I hope we don't try to do too much this summer.  We have a good, cohesive group.  We are already changing the manager and entire coaching staff, so I think a couple of tweaks / upgrades should be our goal.  Specifically, just replace Thiago and Matip with better players who are good enough to compete for a starting position straight away.  If we can do that, then all Slot will need to do is figure out how to quit conceding the first goal I'm 80% of our games and we'll be in good shape!!!

I think we need to freshen up the team. We need to replace Matip and probably buy another one. How long will we keep relying on Gomez who can get injured anytime as time as shown.
      I expect us to buy a RB to allow Trent to play as CM.

I would not be surprised if we have to find a replacement for one of Diaz, Nunez or Gakpo. I hope they stay but I suspect one of them might go. Even Salah might leave now that Klopp is leaving.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,081 posts | 209 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #5983: May 08, 2024 06:54:39 pm
      Some links have surfaced today.

William Pacho
      Johan Bakayoko
      & Mohamed Amoura
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,196 posts | 2761 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5984: May 08, 2024 08:28:19 pm

William Pacho
      Johan Bakayoko
      & Mohamed Amoura

You'll need a few pages for the links before window closed  :lmao:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,735 posts | 157 
      Reply #5985: May 10, 2024 11:48:56 am
      Xavi Simons please
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #5986: May 10, 2024 12:32:07 pm

William Pacho
      Johan Bakayoko
      & Mohamed Amoura
      This upcoming summer seems poised to be one where we'll need to exercise even greater skepticism towards the rumours circulating. While I trust that Hughes, Edwards, and the team have a strategic plan in place tailored to the new manager's requirements, the ongoing changes within the club are bound to amplify the proliferation of false information and speculation typically associated with the transfer window. I reckon we're going to hear and read it all this summer when it comes to nonsense.

It will likely require a few transfers for us to truly discern the type of players the new manager needs and Hughes/Edwards are going to be looking to recruit for him. While reports suggest his style aligns closely with our current approach, I suspect it won't be an exact replica.

Right now, I think we can safely say a winger will be looked at, same for the CDM and CB positions too, but what type of players exactly? Who knows.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,416 posts | 6416 
      Reply #5987: May 10, 2024 02:33:46 pm
      With Edwards at the helm, I wouldn't worry about reading any rumors on transfers. Likelihood is we aren't going to know what players we are after till you see them leaning at Kirkby.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6793 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5988: May 13, 2024 02:50:22 am
      Eze, Matate and Olise from Crystal Palace please.  ;D
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,081 posts | 209 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #5989: May 13, 2024 11:03:38 am
      Eze, Matate and Olise from Crystal Palace please.  ;D

Eze and Olise I know.

But who the hell is Matate?  :lmao:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5990: May 13, 2024 07:42:51 pm
      Eze and Olise I know.

First name Hakuna?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6793 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5991: May 13, 2024 11:58:37 pm
      Eze and Olise I know.

However the F**k u spell it lad.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,081 posts | 209 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #5992: May 14, 2024 01:26:03 am
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,735 posts | 157 
      Reply #5993: May 16, 2024 11:18:31 am
      Eze won't be signed we have Grav, Elliot, Szobo so pointless. Olise is the one who we should be going for.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,936 posts | 284 
      Reply #5994: May 17, 2024 06:15:32 am
      https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5495097/2024/05/15/premier-league-transfer-window-dates

The first window of the 2024/25 campaign will open on June 14 and close on August 30 at 11pm.

The winter window will open on New Year’s Day and shut on Monday, February 3.

“To ensure harmonisation with the major leagues in Europe, the closing dates were set following discussions with the EFL, DFL (Bundesliga), Serie A, La Liga, and LFP (Ligue 1), who will all close their summer and winter windows on 30 August and 3 February respectively.”

Amen. Common sense prevails!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5995: May 17, 2024 10:33:26 am
      CB and CM required as Matip and Thiago confirm they are leaving at the end of the season.
      No surprise really given their age and injuries but a shame they weren't fit to impact this season.
      What could have been.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,735 posts | 157 
      Reply #5996: May 17, 2024 10:38:02 am
      Frimpong release clause is only £34 million. We need to sort out Trent situation and his contract.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2024 10:43:23 am by Aminegriffy »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,081 posts | 209 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #5997: May 17, 2024 11:17:15 am
      Frimpong release clause is only £34 million. We need to sort out Trent situation and his contract.

Stupidly low.

I'd be amazed if 7-8 clubs aren't activating that simultaneously and given his admiration of LFC, would be even more amazed if we're not 1 of them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5998: May 17, 2024 11:20:26 am

If Kudus is going to be too expensive to get from West Ham then Frimpong should be snapped up asap.
      Different styles but if LFC going 4-2-3-1 Frimpong would be ideal.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 542 
      Reply #5999: May 17, 2024 09:01:10 pm
      Douglas Luiz and Olise for me. Luiz cos he's a quality all round midfielder who would give us an option as AM, as well as at DM, if Dom has another bad patch. Olise cos we need a long term replacement for Salah, and he's class.

In the short term, Olise'd give us the option of playing Mo as a false 9,  which I think would suit him the way his game is evolving. And which would in turn give us another season to see how Darwin and Gakpo develop, without us being over-reliant on them coming good.

That would be it for me. We dont need a RB with Bradley having proved himself. Gomez and Kostas still give us decent backup at LB. And at CB, I'd just bring van den Berg back as a promising young 5th choice CB.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,469 posts | 2857 
      Reply #6000: May 17, 2024 09:47:20 pm

Problem with top players with low-ish release clauses is it comes down to wages where we get blown out of the water. Haaland for example had a reasonable transfer fee but the package City put together for him meant no one else could compete.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6001: May 17, 2024 11:43:30 pm
      Problem with top players with low-ish release clauses is it comes down to wages where we get blown out of the water. Haaland for example had a reasonable transfer fee but the package City put together for him meant no one else could compete.

Mac Allister worked out alright
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,926 posts | 968 
      Reply #6002: Yesterday at 01:09:02 pm
      Frimpong is an interesting one.  At 34M he's certainly value for money, but we already have TAA and King-Con at RB.  If we moved for Frimpong, it would almost certainly require TAA to move into CM / CDM.  It could work, but I think it will come down to Slot's vision for where he thinks he can get the most out of TAA and whether he has the skill set to be a CM / CDM in Slot's system. 

Quick Reply