Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Mo Salah - Somewhere Else

Read 29380 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Re: Mo Salah - Somewhere Else
      Reply #115: Jan 16, 2022 08:01:45 pm
      I'm wondering though would Sancho's contract have all the bonuses that Mo's likely would have though?

It's really hard to tell as we're all guessing a little with the bits and pieces of info you find on the internet.

Not get in the NFL thread and tell me your thoughts on the wildcard games ;D

Seen multiple differing reports about Sancho contract - anywhere from Ā£175k to Ā£350k

If Utd are paying Sancho Ā£350k then thatā€™s their own stupidity and a perfect example of inflated wages - and certainly shouldnā€™t be a bench mark for us to use

Only have to look at what they give De Gea and what pay Alisson with Allison being the better GK
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Jan 16, 2022 08:01:48 pm
      If Sancho is 350 a week Mo is easily worth 400k. He should be the highest paid winger at least in our league if not in the world.

Glad you donā€™t run my club, weā€™d be in liquidation inside 2 yearsā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #117: Jan 16, 2022 08:06:41 pm

Only have to look at what they give De Gea and what pay Alisson with Allison being the better GK
      Off topic for a second.
      Two previous seasons yes but certainly not this season to date. De Gea very much back to his best.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #118: Jan 16, 2022 08:31:50 pm
      Glad you donā€™t run my club, weā€™d be in liquidation inside 2 yearsā€¦

If you gave Ed Woodward more time that might be the caseā€¦500k for Ronaldo, 350k on Sandro and god knows what else :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: Jan 16, 2022 08:40:16 pm
      If you gave Ed Woodward more time that might be the caseā€¦500k for Ronaldo, 350k on Sandro and god knows what else :D

Like I said in my post and many before, footballers are not worth what our clubs pay them. Sooner thereā€™s a cap on players the better. Playing on a level playing field would make our leagues more competitive and exciting.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #120: Jan 16, 2022 08:46:08 pm
      Like I said in my post and many before, footballers are not worth what our clubs pay them. Sooner thereā€™s a cap on players the better. Playing on a level playing field would make our leagues more competitive and exciting.

Keith certain footballers are worth it & supporters pay to watch themā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #121: Jan 16, 2022 08:56:10 pm
      Keith certain footballers are worth it & supporters pay to watch themā€¦

Worth what? At whoā€™s expense?  I donā€™t believe and never will  any footballer no matter how good, no matter what team is worth what we pay them. I except thatā€™s the way it is but I donā€™t have to like it.

Cap it ( which obviously never happen in my life time ) and itā€™s a whole new ball game.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #122: Jan 16, 2022 09:01:42 pm

I agree, but thatā€™s like all sports to be honest. A cap only works if applied globally, but there does need to be something done - football has always had the ā€˜bigā€™ clubs and the wealthy clubs who had the most talent but now itā€™s becoming a case where a leagues are becoming one team leagues.

Personally I wouldnā€™t mind seeing the super league revived but have the oil clubs, Madrid, Barca f**k off. Leave everyone else to compete where teams have a good shout of competing. Or even a club well run being able to build up and compete. Itā€™s impossible currently.

Absolute pipe dream obviously because if the super league happened we would be all over it and would become a mid table club in the new league but weā€™d make plenty of money.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022 09:11:33 pm by RedWilly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #123: Jan 17, 2022 02:57:50 pm
      Some reasonable debate here by one Liverpool supporter and a bunch that aren't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZyCO-RBgaI
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #124: Jan 17, 2022 03:46:09 pm
      The game has changed, and we saw how it's playing out with Gini.
      Clubs are just waiting for contracts to run down, while offering huge wages to players.

Liverpool have to make a decision fairly soon.
      Would expect if there was a system in play as before then Salah would be sold,
      but as things are now the options are extend his contract or lose him for nothing.

Really the club's biggest "signings" of late have been the spine of the team being
      secured onto more lucrative contracts. Salah is the jewel in the crown right now.

If the club is making space for younger players to come through into the squad,
      which is what we've seen, then that surely frees up space to give the bigger names
      what is needed to ensure this squad is kept in place.

The 2008/2009 team won F**k all because the spine of the team wasn't kept together.
      This squad needs to have the spine held onto while ensuring some freshening up is all
      that is needed.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #125: Jan 17, 2022 04:42:02 pm

Our transfer policy seems not able to keep our star players never mind recruit new players
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #126: Jan 17, 2022 04:44:45 pm
      Our transfer policy seems not able to keep our star players never mind recruit new players

The policy reminds me of when I changed all the balance on my FIFA playthrough to keep my star players,
      and then couldn't sign any more players because it was all taken up by wages.

Not sure LFC can afford the same type of reset though...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #127: Jan 17, 2022 04:45:15 pm

VVD
      TAA
      Alisson
      Fabinho
      Robertson

Some star players that we have kept
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #128: Jan 17, 2022 05:11:09 pm
      VVD
      TAA
      Alisson
      Fabinho
      Robertson

Some star players that we have kept

Until they need to sign a new contract, and ask for wages that reflects their performances?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #129: Jan 17, 2022 05:14:20 pm
      Until they need to sign a new contract, and ask for wages that reflects their performances?

They seem to be happy with the contracts that they signed 6 months ago 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #130: Jan 17, 2022 05:15:17 pm
      They seem to be happy with the contracts that they signed 6 months ago 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Yeah, thats because they arent at the level of Mo. Mo is considered the best player in the world atm.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #131: Jan 17, 2022 05:16:46 pm

We've signed up every one of our best players over the last season or so.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #132: Jan 17, 2022 05:18:46 pm
      Yeah, thats because they arent at the level of Mo. Mo is considered the best player in the world atm.

VVD is considered one of the best in the world - TAA and Robbo the best full backs in the world
      Fabinho one of the best DM in the world
      Alisson the best GK in the world
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #133: Jan 17, 2022 05:25:11 pm
      VVD is considered one of the best in the world - TAA and Robbo the best full backs in the world
      Fabinho one of the best DM in the world
      Alisson the best GK in the world

Come on mate, they are really good players and at one stage VVD was maybe the best CB but Mo is above all of them at this moment. You know it, i know it and Mo knows it, since he is probably asking for what he thinks he is worth. Forget what he does on the pitch, what about the Mo brand that sells shirts, have influence and so on.

No offence, and with all respect. I just cant understand why people want to save money on wages instead of having the best player in the world? It just doesnt make sense from a fan pov.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #134: Jan 17, 2022 05:27:14 pm

But you said they won't be happy if Mo signs a new bumper deal.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #135: Jan 17, 2022 05:35:26 pm
      Come on mate, they are really good players and at one stage VVD was maybe the best CB but Mo is above all of them at this moment. You know it, i know it and Mo knows it, since he is probably asking for what he thinks he is worth. Forget what he does on the pitch, what about the Mo brand that sells shirts, have influence and so on.

No offence, and with all respect. I just cant understand why people want to save money on wages instead of having the best player in the world? It just doesnt make sense from a fan pov.

The club will never look at individuals - it will always look at the team structure, we can call him the best in the world but to the manager he is a key player within the club just like VVD etc , VVD and Allisons impact on the team is just as important as Salah.

We canā€™t start being like Barce , Utd etc and start to splash out on ludicrous wages for single players because it starts to Mount up.

The club wonā€™t be looking at what other clubs pay their players - it doesnā€™t matter if Sancho is vastly overpaid - we arenā€™t going to do that.

Take Varane for example - he is paid Ā£350k a well - should we be paying VVD more because he is a far better player ? It doesnā€™t work like that

Salah will be offered the wage they believe is right within the financial structure of the club - its a structure that  no other player appears to currently have an issue with

And itā€™s not about ā€œsavingā€ wages.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #136: Jan 17, 2022 05:36:34 pm
      But you said they won't be happy if Mo signs a new bumper deal.

Maybe read back at first what I posted about the potential issues of giving Salah a contract that is potentially double what anyone else in the club is earning
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #137: Jan 17, 2022 05:39:41 pm

I don't think anyone one here has said that?

Personally I've said sign him up but I do think there will be a limit to what we offer him.

Unless you want us to be approaching wages to 100% of turnover then there will be a limit to what we can and will offer him based on our other outgoings.

So I don't think any fan is thinking about saving money just looking at what might be any obstacles to us offering a salary north of Ā£400K a week.

Quick Reply