Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho took over what would you do??

Read 8819 times
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Re: If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho took over what would you do??
      Reply #92: Jan 07, 2008 07:13:36 pm
      Do u hate Mourihno as a person or as a manager?and why?I live so far and not all news come there
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2008 07:15:39 pm by alessio »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #93: Jan 07, 2008 07:18:09 pm
      Do u hate Mourihno as a person or as a manager?and why?I live so far and not all news come there

Both.

As a person for not understanding the word "humble" - a person biggest ever attribute.

As a manager for demaning more media limelight than his own players.

Combination of both these things would make him the single most innapropriate manager Liverpool would have ever employed ...by a distance!

PLUS no manager is going to tell my fellow reds to shuush with that pathetic finger gesture - EVER... and think he can be employed and funded by the same people he told to shut-up at Cardiff. NEVER. EVER. EVER.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #94: Jan 07, 2008 07:20:03 pm
      Do u hate Mourihno as a person or as a manager?and why?

I dislike him as a man because he is self-centered , arrogant beyond belief and thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread .

I dislike him as a manager as his style of football is awful and i believe he encourages his players to cheat and to dive which isnt the liverpool way .

Regardless of all that , he is not the right manager for Liverpool because if he did manage to deliver us the title he would leave there and then.

The Special One .....i think not
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #95: Jan 07, 2008 07:24:33 pm
      Do u hate Mourihno as a person or as a manager?and why?

I wouldn't say I hate Mourinho as a person, I find him laughable if anything. He's an arrogant pr**k who practices his celebrations in front of a mirror, and I find him a joke more than anything. As a manager you have to respect what he's achieved, he's good at what he does I just don't think what he does is the right way. Whilst I believe Mourinho would bring us short term success he wouldn't bring continued success & would be out of here in a couple of years, leaving us to start from scratch with another manager. I'd rather see someone who will give us long term success, and don't feel Mourinho could whereas Rafa can.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #96: Jan 07, 2008 08:40:07 pm
      id be well happy as jose for our manager, he even supported Liverpool when he was young.

Great! Sign him now!  ::)

>:(  The man is an ego maniac and not fit to manage our great club. He always claimed the best side lost...

What he never did admit was that against Rafa he was twice out played and out classed in 2 CL semis. A better man would accept defeat gracefully however difficult it was to take. Many Liverpool fans have given credit to Luton and their never say die approach to the FA cup tie against us, could you honestly see Moanio do that..?
      No! He is a pig headed idiot who spits his dummy when things go against him. Rafa is humble enough to accept it at least. Chavman was a complete embarrassment to himself during his outbursts and his own fans openly admitting it.

Chav's produced results with immense financial clout giving him an almost free reign to buy at will. And yes he bought (under duress perhaps) the most expensive waste of space in Premiership history - Chavshenko. (£30 Million). Rafa was shrewd enough to rid Liverpool of it's under achievers and finance the hugely popular and productive Torres. Kuyt also signed (for (£9 million) and was more productive in a similar period of time than Chavshenko.

I am biased (and loyal) to Liverpool FC and our manager Rafa Benitez. I am quite particular with who I like and think it would be a totally different kettle of fish with a media clown at the helm, can you just imagine it...? I'll try not to a minute longer!  :f_steam:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #97: Jan 07, 2008 08:56:37 pm
      id be well happy as jose for our manager, he even supported Liverpool when he was young.

I've got it now... it all make sense now... Poolgiants you are surely Moanrinio in diguise...
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #98: Jan 07, 2008 09:18:15 pm

Parry ... go on jump on a plane to the USA ...and get Masch and another quality forward funded by the Yanks for January... you Judas.

Oh and Mr Parry, how is that $ales broker fee from Mr Moores accumulating interest sir? Nicely I hope...

Well said !
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #99: Jan 08, 2008 02:59:37 am
      If this arrogant pr**k came i would shoot myself. I cant stand this man his ego and attitude are beyond belief i love how we can stick it to him he spent a zillion dollars and didnt win the CL with Chelsea.  ;D
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #100: Jan 08, 2008 04:31:43 am
      I am sick of rafa, show me some damn emotion....at least jose shows some passion.  rafa is just words.  never smiling or jumping around, even in instanbul he was too composed....if i had a momnet like that in my life i would FLIP OUT.  RAFA  is a robot and liverpool is deeply rooted in emotion and passion.  Rafa does not thrive on that.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #101: Jan 08, 2008 04:35:04 am
      allow me to clarify,  I don't want that schmuck jose  but I am losing patience with RAFA.  IT IS no question player for player we are as good as any team.....so that being said....what is holding us back?  Get these boys fired up....make them confident. let them own their positions and dominate the league!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #102: Jan 08, 2008 07:21:29 am
      I take it you haven't watched any of our recent games then Berrypool? Surely if you had you wouldn't accuse Rafa of lacking emotion. Just because he doesn't have pre-rehearsed touchline celebrations like Jose & conducts himself with a bit of dignity doesn't mean he doesn't care.

You're getting sick of Rafa? Well I'm getting sick of 'fans' like yourself who are turning on the best manager we've had in years because of a couple of bad results. Plenty of space for fans like you at Newcastle mate.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #103: Jan 08, 2008 07:49:41 am
       I could never imagine Mourinho as manager of Liverpool Football Club,you only have to look at the style of the man and compare him to our past managers ,RAFA has publically stated that he loves our club and the fans.If Mourinho ( god forbid ) ever came here the club would be in turmoil that would take years to recover from.Fans should give RAFA their supportand lets see where we are at the end of next season when his 5 years are up.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #104: Jan 08, 2008 07:04:49 pm
      I am sick of rafa, show me some damn emotion....at least jose shows some passion.  rafa is just words.  never smiling or jumping around, even in instanbul he was too composed....if I had a momnet like that in my life I would FLIP OUT.  RAFA  is a robot and liverpool is deeply rooted in emotion and passion.  Rafa does not thrive on that.

Fact is WE as fans 'flipped out' when we won the Champions League and that was BECAUSE of Rafa !
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #105: Jan 08, 2008 07:21:03 pm
      Berrypool, this is the same manager that won a European Cup with Porto, wore his medal for one brief moment and marched off the field while pulling his medal off without celebrating.  Now thats what I call passion  ::)
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #106: Jan 08, 2008 08:10:53 pm
      Seems like we are going to have this rumour hanging over us until either Jose gets another club or the rumour does actually become reality,im not to keen on jose but if we won the title with him id be signing his name and im sure most of us would do the same.

I'd only be 'signing' his name if I got hold of his cheque book mate...

I've read the arguments on this thread regarding long term and short term success, and I believe that no one in their right mind would want short term success at the expense of long term stability and success.  Okay, we haven't won the title since 1990 and that is a ridiculously long time to wait for a club like Liverpool, but bringing in a Manager that could supply short term success could have a detrimental effect in the long term... Continuity breeds a consistent level of success... that's what Arsenal have with Wenger, and that's what Man Utd have with Ferguson, and in my opinion, that's what we'll have with Rafa.  He is a quality Manager that could, and should be at Liverpool Football Club for a long time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008 08:20:34 pm by Istvan Kozma »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #107: Jan 08, 2008 10:28:55 pm
      If Rooney came out and said that he felt that Torres is sh*t, or if Cahill came out and said that Gerrard was pathetic or some sort of saga it is obvious that we would be siding our own player in any issue.  So then why is it that some of us can't see this with regards to Benitez.  There is definately some indirect involvement of Mourinho in linking himself to the job to try and add the ever increasing pressure on Benitez.

Alesio its not that I hate Mourinho it is that he hates Benitez and vice versa.  And for me I will always support the Liverpool person.  Mourinho will not take the Liverpool job, because he has been paid a mountain of money not to manage another English club, also managing Liverpool is a big challenge if he was up to a big challenge he would have taken the England Job.  He wants a club that has a world class squad, lots of money to spend and a massive cheque in his pocket end of the month.   By contenplating Mourinho as our next manager is helping him to try and wind up Benitez.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008 02:19:14 pm by king kenny »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #108: Jan 09, 2008 03:07:03 am
      Yes i agree Mourinho has no other passion than his cheque book, the way he walked out on Porto was so disgraceful that fans were sending him death threats. Besides didnt this arrogant b***ard criticise the Kop and our fans in the CL return leg making fun of the support being our 12th man. Then going on to say that the crowd was "nothing special"
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #109: Jan 09, 2008 02:56:14 pm
      It doesnt matter anyway for 2 reasons

1/ I dont beleive the fans will allow the board to sack rafa
      2/ its in mourinhos contract that HE CANT MANAGE another premiership club, so untill the 5 year chelsea contract is up it simply cant happen.

Remember jose didnt quit so his contract still stands
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #110: Jan 12, 2008 02:18:30 am
      eddie C  I appreciate your comments, and I am sure you feel pretty clever.  However to question where my support lies does not address the topic, and being a forum monitor you should lead by example .  I have always felt that RAFA didn't Use his emotion properly.  what would shankly say to a rafa...better yet  what would he say to the squad?  I think we would not see so many inconsistant performances.  This is not a game of mathematics it is a game of heart and passion....great he says he is passionate, but so am I , and so are you....the question is   does that energy translate to the players.... He is a tactical genious (champions league)  but he is certainly not a blood sweat and tears (premiership) type of manager.... This is liverpool  blood sweat and tears.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #111: Jan 13, 2008 10:43:45 am
      If Moanrinio EVER joins our proud club... it would be the start of the end of this club.

NO WAY JOSE.

I hate the f**ker and could not handle this guy being our leader... I really hate the guy, really, really hate the guy... almost as much as Parry!

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008 10:51:23 am by donrafael »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #112: Jan 13, 2008 08:43:17 pm
      that's alot of hate don ::)  ;)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #113: Jan 13, 2008 08:49:32 pm
      eddie C  I appreciate your comments, and I am sure you feel pretty clever.  However to question where my support lies does not address the topic, and being a forum monitor you should lead by example .  I have always felt that RAFA didn't Use his emotion properly.  what would shankly say to a rafa...better yet  what would he say to the squad?  I think we would not see so many inconsistant performances.  This is not a game of mathematics it is a game of heart and passion....great he says he is passionate, but so am I , and so are you....the question is   does that energy translate to the players.... He is a tactical genious (champions league)  but he is certainly not a blood sweat and tears (premiership) type of manager.... This is liverpool  blood sweat and tears.

Rafa's emotion and passion is not in fact in the winning, it's more in anger, dissappointment and annoyance at the things Liverpool do wrong. We score, you won't get much beyond a nod of the head, but if someone goes against the gameplan, or his plan itself isn't working, or a player isn't up to his best, he's jumping along the touchline, shouting and screaming.

I like Rafa's passion in terms of his drive to improve the team. He's not caught up in our victories, but instead is constantly looking forward to advancing the progress that Liverpool make. He's got emotion and passion, he just dedicates it to improvement instead of a single moment of glory.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #114: Jan 13, 2008 09:04:02 pm
      When Mourinho left.  I had this feeling that one day he will be the manager of Liverpool.

In fact weren't we going to go for him before he decided to join Chelsea?

You can all say what you like about Mourinho, he's a winner.  In his first season he won the premiership, ok he spent big, but it takes a while for players to gel.  He also turned Lumplard, terry, cole into some of the best players in the world. 

We all criticise him for the money he spent, but he also managed to get Porto to the champions league final and win.

I'm afraid to say it but he's a winner.

Quick Reply