Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 31802 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #276: Apr 22, 2021 12:19:34 pm
      It depends how you see the term milking

Yes theyā€™re milking football

Their investment in us was akin to someone offering you a million pound house for 100,000, itā€™s too good to turn down even if you arenā€™t interested in housing projects

Anyway, you asked what I want from owners, Iā€™ve told you. Sorry if itā€™s not what you want to hear and doesnā€™t align with whatever you want and also if you read what I want and turn that into something else but itā€™s just constant going round in circles

ā€œMilking footballā€ sorry but thatā€™s laughable - what do you think every single club is doing ? Getting as much as they can from the sport to improve their own club - no owner will do anything different

And if the biggest crime is getting the club cheap - thatā€™s not their fault

And surely itā€™s a good thing that they bought a club in trouble and turned it around ? Why is it such a bad thing that they bought us for the price they did and then increase its value ?
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #277: Apr 22, 2021 12:23:42 pm

ā€œMilking footballā€ sorry but thatā€™s laughable - what do you think every single club is doing ? Getting as much as they can from the sport to improve their own club - no owner will do anything different

And if the biggest crime is getting the club cheap - thatā€™s not their fault

And surely itā€™s a good thing that they bought a club in trouble and turned it around ? Why is it such a bad thing that they bought us for the price they did and then increase its value ?

The only thing that is laughable is that you change your goalposts on the questions you ask

And no thatā€™s not their biggest crime, they have done many more things that I take that go against the morals and thinking of this football club, which they continue to have to publicly apologise for
      I didnā€™t suggest it was a crime anyway I said it was their sole motivation to buy the club

You showed ā€œmock outrageā€ for about two hours this week and then fall back into your default defence

Strange really
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #278: Apr 22, 2021 12:24:51 pm
      For me they messed up here by

. No consultation with anyone else in the club

. Having a closed shop

If I knew the finer details I could probably
      argue they messed up in other parts but I dont so those are the 2 main issues for me.

Had they not done the above 2 things then this could be so different. We ciukd be arguing the pros and cons of the proposal and Everton and West ham could issue statements saying they look forward to getting a chance to join that elite. All this while we are all still active premier league and cup participants. Effectively only fooking over UEFA.

But you are right as are others, new owners are not going to fall from the sky, and what does come might not be any better for us, indeed it could be much worse, we must be careful here.

However this is  the third or fourth apology they have had to make when fans have stood up to them..That suggest they just dont get, and arent learning, us and football or just dont care. Its the same apology " we misread" " we underestimated the feelings" What 4 f**king times. More like taking the piss.

So for me times up but we have to hope that until the right replacement comes along that the current owners row in and do some positives, and they have had a few

I agree, it's fair and they f&cked up massively with how they handled this like all the other 6 clubs (Man City and Chelsea fans calling our owners to go but theirs not ;D, fickle fucks.)

- They should have consulted or at least explained to the players and manager back in October about the plans/potential
      - Not kept it such a secret to fans, at least in some ways not announcing it fully until a certain time

Then yes, maybe things would have been very much different with both players/manager & fans backing the idea up. I was tempted with the idea because I am dead tired of UEFA having a huge monopoly over competitions, also their corruption and how they handled FFP with Man City & PSG (Now PSG has power in UEFA), the way they treated us as a club after Heysel tragedy too.  Maybe I thought it was a start having a bit of control ourselves, and also those type of competition might be adjusted over the years to become fairer and more football oriented without going too far off course.

There maybe never a right replacement, because different owners have different agendas. The reality is football is going farther away from it's grass root origins because of the money being pumped into the sport. And now I'm reading sh*t like the PL's idea of a British Super League with Rangers and Celtic included just shows the hypocrisy in football.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #279: Apr 22, 2021 12:25:55 pm
      I see a group of 20 Man United supporters invaded their training ground and demanded Ok
      Le come out and explain why he hadn't spoken out against the ESL.

Am interested to hear JĆ¼rgen's remarks on everything, I guess it will tomorrow at the Newcastle presser .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #280: Apr 22, 2021 12:31:20 pm
      The only thing that is laughable is that you change your goalposts on the questions you ask

And no thatā€™s not their biggest crime, they have done many more things that I take that go against the morals and thinking of this football club, which they continue to have to publicly apologise for
      I didnā€™t suggest it was a crime anyway I said it was their sole motivation to buy the club

You showed ā€œmock outrageā€ for about two hours this week and then fall back into your default defence

Strange really

My questions are based on the answers you have given when you are giving your responses - thatā€™s how a debate works
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #281: Apr 22, 2021 12:37:57 pm

My questions are based on the answers you have given when you are giving your responses - thatā€™s how a debate works

No they arenā€™t

You have asked what I want from owner, I have told you unequivocally 3 or 4 times but you still come back asking what I want or suggest that itā€™s a fantasy owner or change slightly the question when my answer is still the same

Another example yesterday

HTM wants these out which is 100% his right but then all you ask him for is a list of potential new owners that he must have
      Why is that his responsibility? Thatā€™s like you trying to split up with your girlfriend and she constantly asks you for a list of potential new girlfriends

I then ask you if you wanted H&G out, you said you did (of course) but when I asked you if you had a list of new potential owners at the time or better still that these must have been on it you said of course you didnā€™t

why should he of you didnā€™t? Itā€™s nonsensical.. itā€™s his opinion and thatā€™s his right
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #282: Apr 22, 2021 12:47:47 pm
      No they arenā€™t

You have asked what I want from owner, I have told you unequivocally 3 or 4 times but you still come back asking what I want or suggest that itā€™s a fantasy owner or change slightly the question when my answer is still the same

Another example yesterday

HTM wants these out which is 100% his right but then all you ask him for is a list of potential new owners that he must have
      Why is that his responsibility? Thatā€™s like you trying to split up with your girlfriend and she constantly asks you for a list of potential new girlfriends

I then ask you if you wanted H&G out, you said you did (of course) but when I asked you if you had a list of new potential owners at the time or better still that these must have been on it you said of course you didnā€™t

why should he of you didnā€™t? Itā€™s nonsensical.. itā€™s his opinion and thatā€™s his right

And as I said - we were a club in administration at that time , I could have prob looked and had a look at who could have purchased the club , there were a number of fans groups and local businessmen looking , we were controlled by the bank and there were a few hanging around but it was a decade ago and my thinking about what was happening about the club at that time was a world away from now - if you want to compare crack

I also asked what they have ā€œmilked the clubā€ which was the initial question- you didnā€™t answer directly , you changed it to ā€œmilking footballā€ - I would ask you what that means but you will prob avoid that as well , you then started going on about the price they bought the club for and I also addressed- but I guess you want to avoid that as well
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #283: Apr 22, 2021 12:53:35 pm
      And as I said - we were a club in administration at that time , I could have prob looked and had a look at who could have purchased the club , there were a number of fans groups and local businessmen looking , we were controlled by the bank and there were a few hanging around but it was a decade ago and my thinking about what was happening about the club at that time was a world away from now - if you want to compare crack

I also asked what they have ā€œmilked the clubā€ which was the initial question- you didnā€™t answer directly , you changed it to ā€œmilking footballā€ - I would ask you what that means but you will prob avoid that as well , you then started going on about the price they bought the club for and I also addressed- but I guess you want to avoid that as well

H&G were clearly wrong way way before we went into administration
      Did you not want them out before that happened? Maybe you thought they were good up until those final months and didnā€™t want them out until then because otherwise you would have made your list no?

Look we clearly wonā€™t agree, Iā€™m not here to change your mind anyway and Iā€™m not here to fall out with anyone. Debate is only fun if itā€™s going somewhere and it doesnā€™t with you

Again Iā€™ve told you what I want from owners

The rest I have answered but obviously not to your agenda or satisfaction so you ignore it

No worries, you think theyā€™re sound - apart from for a couple of hours the other day. Iā€™m sound with that
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #284: Apr 22, 2021 12:56:26 pm
      It depends how you see the term milking

Yes theyā€™re milking football

Their investment in us was akin to someone offering you a million pound house for 100,000, itā€™s too good to turn down even if you arenā€™t interested in housing projects

Anyway, you asked what I want from owners, Iā€™ve told you. Sorry if itā€™s not what you want to hear and doesnā€™t align with whatever you want and also if you read what I want and turn that into something else but itā€™s just constant going round in circles

Sorry to pick out just one part, but if this was the case, why weren't buyers queueing around the block to snap us up?

NESV as they were back then, were the only interested parties, and they had to be talked into it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #285: Apr 22, 2021 01:05:10 pm
      The whole ā€œmilkā€ the cash cow that gets thrown around - would that be relevant if they were actually taking money out of the club - of which they are not and thatā€™s shown in the accounts each year .

Oh dear. This ain't complicated but here we go again, just in case you're actually daft and not just playing at it.

They bought us cheap.
      They have invested none of their money since then.
      Their portfolio and wealth grows.

They do NOT need to be "taking money out" to be exploiting the situation (or 'milking the cash cow').

If you, honestly, believe that FSG were being altruistic or, indeed, that JWH actually gives two flying fucks about L.F.C., the manager, the players or the fans outside of making money of it then you're either a tad slow or an FSG shill.

Neither make for good reading btw.  :-\
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #286: Apr 22, 2021 01:05:20 pm
      Sorry to pick out just one part, but if this was the case, why weren't buyers queueing around the block to snap us up?

NESV as they were back then, were the only interested parties, and they had to be talked into it.

They were Martin Broughtons preferred buyers werenā€™t they?

There was talk of other unnamed interested parties from memory. Some names in and around the time which ultimately may well have been worse ( Peter Lim?) but I genuinely wouldnā€™t have thought they were the only ones interested

Also mate donā€™t think Iā€™m actually asking for them out particularly, Iā€™ve just answered what I want from owners and answered it and these have failed a few times on my expectations. Sorry if you have different expectations but weā€™re all different eh
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #287: Apr 22, 2021 01:07:36 pm
      Oh dear. This ain't complicated but here we go again, just in case you're actually daft and not just playing at it.

They bought us cheap.
      They invest none of their money.

They do NOT need to be "taking money out" to be exploiting the situation (or 'milking the cash cow').

If you, honestly, believe that FSG were being altruistic or, indeed, that JWH actually gives two flying fucks about L.F.C., the manager, the players or the fans outside of making money of it then you're either a tad slow or an FSG shill.

Maybe he is a bit slow

Heā€™s pretty much said he didnā€™t want H&G out until we went into administration

Maybe he is either a little slow on the uptake or is pushing a different agenda 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #288: Apr 22, 2021 01:10:47 pm

They bought us cheap.
      They have invested none of their money since then.

Right, exactly, there's no need for them to take any money out of the club, because they bought us on the cheap, and have seen us go from being valued at Ā£300m to Ā£3bn. Once they eventually sell, they'll have the profit they were after.

The trouble for us is who are they selling to? Who's got a spare Ā£3bn during a pandemic? If the mystery unicorn buyer does exist then the question remains - where will their priorities lie? I can't imagine anyone that can afford us being anything other than motivated primarily by profit, and perhaps even worse than FSG at respecting the fans.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #289: Apr 22, 2021 01:17:51 pm

They bought us cheap.
      They invest none of their money.

Ok so in response to your three points

1. They bought us cheap - what is the issue there ? The price was set by the banks due the position the club was in at the time. FSG didnā€™t set the price tag

2. Invest their own money - why do they have to invest their own money ? Is that the only way to invest in clubs ? Can it be done by employing the right people , getting the right commercial deals in place , bringing the right partners on board - can a club not grow by using the right expertise in the right areas - well clearly it can. They also put the loan up for the stadium build which can sit there and no set repayments etc so thatā€™s money spent.  As was money spent to actually buy the club and also clear off most of the debt . Investment is surely just more than spending money.

3. Their portfolio and wealth grows - I donā€™t know what they have added to their portfolio or why that is negative 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø As for their wealth ?
       Yes the value of their assets has grown - but they have grown because those assets are successful which means that the club is successful - is that not a good thing ? 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

As for how he feels about the club - I have no idea , I believe he fails to understand the sport and how clubs connect to their local areas , he has a deep knowledge of us sport and that model but struggles to understand how it works within football - for that reason he should leave the football business to the others.

As for ā€œmaking moneyā€ - well he is a businessman at the end of the day like all owners and any money he will make from the club will be when he sells it - right now he takes a wage , that is the money he is making
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #290: Apr 22, 2021 01:19:03 pm
      Maybe he is a bit slow

Heā€™s pretty much said he didnā€™t want H&G out until we went into administration

Maybe he is either a little slow on the uptake or is pushing a different agenda 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

No I didnā€™t , donā€™t try and be clever and twist what people say. Wind your neck if you are going to to start going down that alley pal
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #291: Apr 22, 2021 01:27:00 pm
      They were Martin Broughtons preferred buyers werenā€™t they?

There was talk of other unnamed interested parties from memory. Some names in and around the time which ultimately may well have been worse ( Peter Lim?) but I genuinely wouldnā€™t have thought they were the only ones interested

Also mate donā€™t think Iā€™m actually asking for them out particularly, Iā€™ve just answered what I want from owners and answered it and these have failed a few times on my expectations. Sorry if you have different expectations but weā€™re all different eh

Just a discussion mate, that's all.

Broughton was scratching around for buyers, and NESV were the only real prospects.
      The others were chancers looking for a bit of publicity whose interest all fell apart at the due diligence stage.
      In other words, they didn't have the money.
      Which again shows that perhpas we weren't the "bargain" that people think we were.
      The increase in the value of the club is because they've done so well on the commercial side, expanded the stadium (with more to come), and brought success on the pitch.
      I can't really argue with any of that.

I don't really give a F**k about the owners, but there's a lot of misinformation on here.
      Mike Gordon, rather than JH is the FSG person who is "in charge" here, and I think he's done a reasonable job, such as streamlining the transfer process.
      It was noticeable that once he took over, transfers happened much more rapidly.
      This "milking the club" nonsense is supposed to imply they take money out.
      They don't.
      The club Holding Company was Ā£350m in debt, with losses of Ā£55m - it takes an awful lot to turn that around.

I'd prefer owners who gave a sh*t about other things than growth, but we are where we are, and there are much, much worse owners out there.
      Even going back to Shanks's time, he threatened to resign on at least a couple of occasions if the owners didn't back him, so crap owners is nothing new, and like I say, I don't think this lot are bad owners.
      Their problem is not really understanding football. Even so, Mike Gordon is permanently based here now, along with Werner and Hogan, so I'd have expected them to understand the situation a bit better.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #292: Apr 22, 2021 01:31:06 pm
      The trouble for us is who are they selling to?
      I honestly care less about them selling than I do them hoodwinking gullible Reds with lies at the moment. (If we get put on the market, we get sold. End of)

They hid behind UEFA's FFP as a reason not to invest (their own money) yet they pilled straight in to join a 'Super League' that didn't give a F**k about financial fair play, competition, our history in Europe or smaller clubs. For what? So that their portfolio and worth could grow again AND without further investment.

Listen: folk can be fuckwits all they want. It's their choice but...

Please spare me the sh*te that JWH is contrite or cares about the boss, team or fans FFS.  >:D :laugh:

** Anyhows... that's all I've got to say on the Carpetbaggers - be good and stay safe Redmen.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #293: Apr 22, 2021 01:34:13 pm

Broughton was scratching around for buyers, and NESV were the only real prospects.
      The others were chancers looking for a bit of publicity whose interest all fell apart at the due diligence stage.
      Which again shows that perhpas we weren't the "bargain" that people think we were.
      The increase in the value of the club is because they've done so well on the commercial side, expanded the stadium (with more to come), and brought success on the pitch.

I don't really give a f**k about the owners, but there's a lot of misinformation on here.
      Mike Gordon, rather than JH is the FSG person who is "in charge" here, and I think he's done a reasonable job, such as streamlining the transfer process.
      They don't.
      The club Holding Company was Ā£350m in debt, with losses of Ā£55m - it takes an awful lot to turn that around.

I'd prefer owners who gave a sh*t about other things than growth, but we are where we are, and there are much, much worse owners out there.
      Even going back to Shanks's time, he threatened to resign on at least a couple of occasions if the owners didn't back him, so crap owners is nothing new, and like I say, I don't think this lot are bad owners.
      Their problem is not really understanding football. Even so, Mike Gordon is permanently based here now, along with Werner and Hogan, so I'd have expected them to understand the situation a bit better.

The last part for me is key - JWH said it was all down to him , Im more worried that the likes of Gordon and Hogan knew about it because they are the ones who have shown they understand things more

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #294: Apr 22, 2021 01:46:15 pm

The last part for me is key - JWH said it was all down to him , Im more worried that the likes of Gordon and Hogan knew about it because they are the ones who have shown they understand things more

That F***ing whopper sings the same bullshit song even after FSG are seen for what they are!!

Liars and parasites who hang on to their own dosh while making loans to the asset to improve the asset's market value.
      JWH claims this latest F**k up is down to him!!

Unequivocal horseshit, such a proposal would require meetings and a show of hands from JWH and his accomplices - another lie.

The loans of course are bricks and mortar projects with no regard to what the club stands for - another misrepresentation.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2021 01:58:13 pm by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #295: Apr 22, 2021 01:49:50 pm
      That f**king whopper sings the same bullshit song even after FSG are seen for what they are!!

Liars and parasites who hang on to their own dosh while making loans to the asset to improve the asset's market value.
      The loans of course are bricks and mortar projects with no regard to what the club stands for.

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

A random rant based on them building the stands
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #296: Apr 22, 2021 02:29:36 pm

No I didnā€™t , donā€™t try and be clever and twist what people say. Wind your neck if you are going to to start going down that alley pal

Hey, don't like it when someone else misrepresents what you say do you?

Maybe try what you preach pal

Hey don't worry though, maybe you were one of those in the boozers when we were marching the ground demanding they went

Maybe you were telling your mates at the time
      the next lot could be worse, they aren't all that bad are they

Maybe on a forum somewhere saying becareful what you wish for they aren't that bad

Because don't forget you said
      I didn't need to (have a list of buyers) as we were in administration at the time    :-\
      When the ones who saw the light on them saw way way before we went into administration

Maybe they aren't that bad, the next lot could be worse
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #297: Apr 22, 2021 02:33:28 pm

I don't really give a f**k about the owners, but there's a lot of misinformation on here.
      They don't.

Yeah I know mate, good post

Like I say I'm not asking for them to sell, I was just asked what I want from owners and that eas dismissed and/or ignored because it didn't suit

Good post as i said mate
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #298: Apr 22, 2021 02:33:42 pm
      Hey, don't like it when someone else misrepresents what you say do you?

Maybe try what you preach pal

Hey don't worry though, maybe you were one of those in the boozers when we were marching the ground demanding they went

Maybe you were telling your mates at the time
      the next lot could be worse, they aren't all that bad are they

Maybe on a forum somewhere saying becareful what you wish for they aren't that bad

Because don't forget you said
      I didn't need to (have a list of buyers) as we were in administration at the time    :-\

Lots of maybe there pal - unfortunately I struggled for find time to join in any demos against the previous owners due to being on deployment in Afghanistan at the time - just lifeā€™s little issues eh

I certainly wasnā€™t on any forums at that time to list any prospective owners.

Quick Reply