Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Pre-season friendlies 2021

Read 34531 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Re: Pre-season friendlies 2021
      Reply #184: Aug 01, 2021 08:02:31 pm
      Yes I’d give him a different number and move him out backwards in a attacking mid position give number 9 to someone up top who can finish, we need to start thinking of another way of playing as a plan B, we currently are unable to do so because Jürgen is stubborn to the point of naivety thinking Ox or Minamino can play this false 9 like Bobby can. Personally I’d get a real striker who you know will be greedy enough to goal hang a little to drawn attention away from our only areas of threat Mane and Salah.

Is that not why Jota came in to provide something a big different

Ox won’t play as a false 9

And if we have someone who goal hangs doesn that person start to fill the space that Mane and Mo arrive into that allows them both to score so well
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #185: Aug 01, 2021 11:25:32 pm

He is called Kane or Haaland and would cost over £150mil

Alternatively (and cheaper) that player is Martinez from Inter, who is just a tremendous all round striker.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #186: Aug 02, 2021 06:52:52 am

Is that not why Jota came in to provide something a big different

Ox won’t play as a false 9

And if we have someone who goal hangs doesn that person start to fill the space that Mane and Mo arrive into that allows them both to score so well

Salah and Mane won’t be arriving anywhere when the opposite plays 8 centre backs and playing side to side for 90 minutes won’t cut it anymore we must have the option to change things at least, other teams will already know what we are going to do and nobody on the bench who can make them have to tweak their own tactics. I really like Jota IMO he’s probably our best option down the middle and I include Firmino in that but really he’s there to rotate with Salah and Mane.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #187: Aug 02, 2021 10:17:27 am
      Salah and Mane won’t be arriving anywhere when the opposite plays 8 centre backs and playing side to side for 90 minutes won’t cut it anymore we must have the option to change things at least, other teams will already know what we are going to do and nobody on the bench who can make them have to tweak their own tactics. I really like Jota IMO he’s probably our best option down the middle and I include Firmino in that but really he’s there to rotate with Salah and Mane.

You think this is only now happening?

It's been happening since Klopp's second season here.

Klopp tweaks his tactics all the time.
      Some can't see it.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #188: Aug 02, 2021 10:35:39 am
      You think this is only now happening?

It's been happening since Klopp's second season here.

Klopp tweaks his tactics all the time.
      Some can't see it.

Nope I’ve always been aware of this glaring oversight which proves no manager is perfect, are you happy being the only premier league team without a genuine out and out striker in the entire squad because I’ll never be okay with that ever.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #189: Aug 02, 2021 10:52:48 am
      Nope I’ve always been aware of this glaring oversight which proves no manager is perfect, are you happy being the only premier league team without a genuine out and out striker in the entire squad because I’ll never be okay with that ever.

There is no "glaring oversight".

Teams have not "just worked us out"

Klopp has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

All you are doing is showing you do not understand our system - without Firmino, Salah doesn't get the golden boot.

We play with 3 forwards, 1 of whom is the catalyst for the other 2.
      It's a system that works very well considering the number of goals we score.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #190: Aug 02, 2021 11:50:50 am

All you are doing is showing you do not understand our system - without Firmino, Salah doesn't get the golden boot.

Last year Bobby played utter sh*te and Salah still managed 22 goals and missed the boot by a single goal.

Bobby isn't as important as people make out. He's not this irreplaceable striker that Klopp relies on for his whole team to tick. He can and needs replacing.

Martinez and Jimanez would do a better job. Any other top 6 team replace him. Our owners won't. Will cost too much.

Have you actually looked at how many chances he misses? It's simply not good enough. Martinez would do the same job and Bobby and bury those chances. Imagine the kind of machine we would be with him spearheading the attack.

"Oh Inter will play hardball and want a high fee" yeah well pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Every other top team in Europe go and buy their man. They'll pay over the odds sometimes because they want their man. We seem to avoid replacing positions because the net spend won't allow it.

We're not a sell to buy club? The article Lallana In Pyjamas quoted literally said wait until next summer it's going to be a big one because teams will have more money and we can get a better fee for the likes of Mane.

How the f**k did this great club, the greatest of them all, become a sell to buy club?

It angers me so much to see how they handle the squad and transfers. I'm really trying to have patience with them but the longer this window goes on the closer I'm getting to wanting them gone. I'm getting an itchy bum
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #191: Aug 02, 2021 12:25:09 pm
      Last year Bobby played utter sh*te and Salah still managed 22 goals and missed the boot by a single goal.

Bobby isn't as important as people make out. He's not this irreplaceable striker that Klopp relies on for his whole team to tick. He can and needs replacing.

Martinez and Jimanez would do a better job. Any other top 6 team replace him. Our owners won't. Will cost too much.

Have you actually looked at how many chances he misses? It's simply not good enough. Martinez would do the same job and Bobby and bury those chances. Imagine the kind of machine we would be with him spearheading the attack.

"Oh Inter will play hardball and want a high fee" yeah well pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Every other top team in Europe go and buy their man. They'll pay over the odds sometimes because they want their man. We seem to avoid replacing positions because the net spend won't allow it.

We're not a sell to buy club? The article Lallana In Pyjamas quoted literally said wait until next summer it's going to be a big one because teams will have more money and we can get a better fee for the likes of Mane.

How the f**k did this great club, the greatest of them all, become a sell to buy club?

It angers me so much to see how they handle the squad and transfers. I'm really trying to have patience with them but the longer this window goes on the closer I'm getting to wanting them gone. I'm getting an itchy bum

What a load of bollocks.
      Firmino spoke to Klopp last season, worried he wasn't scoring enough goals.
      Klopp's answer "Keep doing what you're doing."

This is the problem when people rely so much on stats, and don't understand the value Firmino brings to the team.
      He is far, far more than just a scorer and creator.
      Without Firmino, there is less space, fewer opportunities for Salah and Mane.

Once again, for the hard of understanding: we play with 3 forwards, not a single central stike, (it's not the 80's or 90's anymore), one of which is the catalyst for the other 2, who links, creates from deep and in advanced positions, works defenders, creates space.
      By your logic, Dalglish, a 1 in 3 striker for us, shouldn't have been in the team.

Oh and btw, to buy Dalglish, we sold Keegan.

This isn't the FSG thread, so F**k off trying to create drama yet again in a different thread.
      You've had posts removed AND been warned about it, so give it a F***ing rest.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2021 12:30:44 pm by Swab »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #192: Aug 02, 2021 12:45:52 pm
      What a load of bollocks.

This is the problem when people rely so much on stats, and don't understand the value Firmino brings to the team.

Once again, for the hard of understanding: we play with 3 forwards, not a single central stike, (it's not the 80's or 90's anymore), one of which is the catalyst for the other 2, who links, creates from deep and in advanced positions, works defenders, creates space.
      By your logic, Dalglish, a 1 in 3 striker for us, shouldn't have been in the team.

This isn't the FSG thread, so f**k off trying to create drama yet again in a different thread.
      You've had posts removed AND been warned about it, so give it a f**king rest.

No one out there in the whole of the footballing world who can do what Bobby's role entails ? Think most people appreciate what he does but also realize that we need to think about a successor in that role who can learn and adjust to current skill set
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #193: Aug 02, 2021 12:59:27 pm
      No one out there in the whole of the footballing world who can do what Bobby's role entails ? Think most people appreciate what he does but also realize that we need to think about a successor in that role who can learn and adjust to current skill set

I agree, we need a successor, but this constant slating of a player who is valued so highly by his teammates and manager (and coaching staff) is tiresome.
      He's 29, I reckon he's got a few years in him yet. Plenty of time to find someone or maybe there's a lad coming through the ranks.

Of the issues we have, Firmino is the least of them.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #194: Aug 02, 2021 01:38:36 pm
      There is no "glaring oversight".

Teams have not "just worked us out"

Klopp has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

We play with 3 forwards, 1 of whom is the catalyst for the other 2.
      It's a system that works very well considering the number of goals we score.

Mate I want a plan B not much of an ask really, you say 3 forwards I say 2 wingers and a centre forward who sit deep, I just want a new lad who can play as part of a two up front instead of shoe horning Salah in there when Juergen gets desperate.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #195: Aug 02, 2021 01:54:49 pm
      What a load of bollocks.

This isn't the FSG thread, so f**k off trying to create drama yet again in a different thread.
      You've had posts removed AND been warned about it, so give it a f**king rest.

Neither is this a F***ing tactics thread yet you were happy enough to discuss tactics in here you tw*t.

Be consistent. Either discuss strictly friendlies or shut the F**k up.

What the F**k was Klopp meant to say to him? You're sh*t? He knew he wasn't getting another striker.

Listen Rafa, I don't need you to tell me Bobbys role. I've already suggested two strikers, that play his role, that are better than him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,119 posts | 2133 
      Reply #196: Aug 02, 2021 02:03:13 pm
      Neither is this a f**king tactics thread yet you were happy enough to discuss tactics in here you tw*t.

Be consistent. Either discuss strictly friendlies or shut the f**k up.

What the f**k was Klopp meant to say to him? You're sh*t? He knew he wasn't getting another striker.

Listen Rafa, I don't need you to tell me Bobbys role. I've already suggested two strikers, that play his role, that are better than him

Then what the f**k are you doing on this forum? Pack your bags cos you're heading to Liverpool! Michael Edwards has a job for you!
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #197: Aug 02, 2021 02:07:21 pm
      Then what the f**k are you doing on this forum? Pack your bags cos you're heading to Liverpool! Michael Edwards has a job for you!

Typical sh*t response "oh you must know better than *insert name*".

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #198: Aug 02, 2021 02:31:11 pm
      Mate I want a plan B not much of an ask really, you say 3 forwards I say 2 wingers and a centre forward who sit deep, I just want a new lad who can play as part of a two up front instead of shoe horning Salah in there when Juergen gets desperate.

Then you're wrong.

If I want to know how a team is set up, I listen to the manager, not some gobs***e on an internet forum who hasn't got a F***ing clue.
      Klopp says we play 3 forwards.
      So that's what we play, and your opinion doesn't change a thing.

First thing you should do is listen to Klopp, then you night understand how the team is set up.

Otherwise, what you're saying is "I don't give a F**k what Klopp says, this is what I want."

And the worst part of it is, you don't even seem to comprehend how F***ing arrogant and self involved that is.

The bottom line is, you just want to cause drama, so on ignore you go.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #199: Aug 02, 2021 03:39:11 pm
      Then you're wrong.

If I want to know how a team is set up, I listen to the manager, not some gobs***e on an internet forum who hasn't got a f**king clue.
      Klopp says we play 3 forwards.
      So that's what we play, and your opinion doesn't change a thing.

First thing you should do is listen to Klopp, then you night understand how the team is set up.

Otherwise, what you're saying is "I don't give a f**k what Klopp says, this is what I want."

And the worst part of it is, you don't even seem to comprehend how f**king arrogant and self involved that is.

The bottom line is, you just want to cause drama, so on ignore you go.

For the last time NO ONE THINKS THEY KNOW BETTER THAN THE GENIUS Jürgen KLOPP.

I believe Klopp wants to upgrade Bobby, ala Werner saga (he hasn't been great at all but time is on his hands), but the owners won't sanction it. He's stuck with what he's got and being the genius that it is he makes it work. Problem with that is you can only make something work so much.

Why would the boss have chased Werner if he was so happy with Bobby? Why did he get dropped when Jota came back?

Me knowing more than the boss is stupid, of course I don't, but I know when I see a man being restricted.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #200: Aug 02, 2021 03:43:54 pm
      Typical sh*t response "oh you must know better than *insert name*".

Welcome back Heimdall
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #201: Aug 02, 2021 03:47:21 pm

I'm sickkk of people telling me I'm someone else in disguise.

Has a mod got a copy of their I.D? I'll happily supply mine to prove I'm not them
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #202: Aug 02, 2021 03:52:01 pm

Actually don't think it's Heimdall as he wasn't obsessed with FSG. Salah10 is just another Stuey, tezmac, FL Red, mmmKlopp clone.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #203: Aug 02, 2021 03:54:34 pm
      Actually don't think it's Heimdall as he wasn't obsessed with FSG. Salah10 is just another Stuey, tezmac, FL Red, mmmKlopp clone.

Well you seem happy with a top 4 finish and a good FA Cup run
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #204: Aug 02, 2021 04:38:03 pm

Your obsession is starting to get a little weird. Maybe you need some time away from the forum to learn how to interact with adults JWH.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #205: Aug 02, 2021 04:54:24 pm
      FFS how can there be so much arguing in a topic about friendlies???  :mad: :mad:

I cannot wait for the season to start and for our mighty reds to put smiles on our faces, there's been way too much negativity on here lately.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #206: Aug 02, 2021 05:38:12 pm
      Anyone going these friendlies next Sunday or Monday? Swerving myself, will watch on the box.

FFS how can there be so much arguing in a topic about friendlies???  :mad: :mad:

I cannot wait for the season to start and for our mighty reds to put smiles on our faces, there's been way too much negativity on here lately.

Always like this during close season and international breaks!!

Quick Reply