Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Champions League 2021-2022

Read 57366 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Champions League 2021-2022
      Reply #138: Oct 01, 2021 05:04:21 pm
      Keeps everyone off Ole's back, so win win really :laugh:

That's the sad part as very true, you lot! Win even when we win  :f_doh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #139: Oct 01, 2021 11:57:43 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      If there is one bet to put on each week, it's United to score second after going 1 down...

How did the bet go?

That shower only start to wake up in second halves. And they only try to win a game in the last 5 minutes.

I would love to think that we could take some of those chances Villarreal had, in a few weeks time. Maybe then we won't have to face the armageddon in injury time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Oct 19, 2021 07:28:01 pm
      City smashing Brugge. 3 players I really can't stand in that team; the 2 weedy and ratty little cu*ts Foden and Silva, and the self-hyped up Walker...2 of them have been directly involved in the goals tonight.

Overall, I don't think a lot of that team are leading players in their respective positions, other than KDB there is nobody in that team that makes me think "Wow, he is up there with the best in the world and wish we had him in our team". Especially not the likes of Rodri, Walker, Gundogan, Silva, Stones, Grealish, Zinchenko etc, but they are just such a well oiled machine and all work so well together as a team. Sure they are really good players but I have no doubts that as soon as Pep goes, they won't be able to continue this.
      In fact, what makes it more frustratinng is IMO over recent years I'd go as far as saying they are weakening as a team - losing Aguero, Kompany, David Silva, Sane and Fernandinho hanging on by a thread.

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2021 07:35:46 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #141: Oct 19, 2021 07:38:40 pm
      City smashing Brugge. 3 players I really can't stand in that team; the 2 weedy and ratty little cu*ts Foden and Silva, and the self-hyped up Walker...2 of them have been directly involved in the goals tonight.

Overall, I don't think a lot of that team are leading players in their respective positions, other than KDB there is nobody in that team that makes me think "Wow, he is up there with the best in the world and wish we had him in our team". Especially not the likes of Rodri, Walker, Gundogan, Silva, Stones, Grealish, Zinchenko etc, but they are just such a well oiled machine and all work so well together as a team. Sure they are really good players but I have no doubts that as soon as Pep goes, they won't be able to continue this.
      In fact, what makes it more frustratinng is IMO over recent years I'd go as far as saying they are weakening as a team - losing Aguero, Kompany, David Silva, Sane and Fernandinho hanging on by a thread.

I've used that term for Foden my seek KK  ;D However, exceptional gifted player that has got a Ballon d' or in him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #142: Oct 19, 2021 07:43:22 pm
      I've used that term for Foden my seek KK  ;D However, exceptional gifted player that has got a Ballon d' or in him.

I think he's got a long way to go yet before he's Ballon d'Or level but the signs are looking annoyingly good. Strange really because up until about a year ago he didn't really look anything special at all, never used to get why Pep kept trying to shoehorn him into games when he generally looked well off the standard, always thought Brahim Diaz looked better out of the two.

I think it's his face, his face really annoys me, he has one of those faces you just want to hit with a brick. (not that I've ever hit anyone in the face with a brick like). Chavvy looking little tw*t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #143: Oct 19, 2021 07:49:19 pm
      I think he's got a long way to go yet before he's Ballon d'Or level but the signs are looking annoyingly good. Strange really because up until about a year ago he didn't really look anything special at all, never used to get why Pep kept trying to shoehorn him into games when he generally looked well off the standard, always thought Brahim Diaz looked better out of the two.

I think it's his face, his face really annoys me, he has one of those faces you just want to hit with a brick. (not that I've ever hit anyone in the face with a brick like). Chavvy looking little tw*t.

Yeah hence saying he's got one ( maybe more ) in him given time. Spot on with his face.  :lmao: He's very chavvy too. Sounds thick as pig sh*t in interviews doesn't he, bit like Ole  ;D  :f_doh:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #144: Oct 19, 2021 07:58:34 pm

Obviously he wouldn't get into our team, but I've been surprised by Cancelo. I didn't think he would be a good transfer for them, but he's been really solid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #145: Oct 19, 2021 08:13:20 pm
      Obviously he wouldn't get into our team, but I've been surprised by Cancelo. I didn't think he would be a good transfer for them, but he's been really solid.

Who wouldn't get in your team PTU?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #146: Oct 19, 2021 10:05:14 pm

João Cancelo. He's been good for City, but I'd still take TAA and Robertson every time.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #147: Oct 19, 2021 10:10:26 pm
      João Cancelo. He's been good for City, but I'd still take TAA and Robertson every time.

Arrh right, wasn't sure if you meant Foden.  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #148: Oct 19, 2021 10:17:01 pm
      Arrh right, wasn't sure if you meant Foden.  ;D

As much as it pains me to admit it, he has the talent. But I don't want him anywhere near us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #149: Oct 19, 2021 10:22:45 pm
      As much as it pains me to admit it, he has the talent. But I don't want him anywhere near us.

Really? Not even if you come out with one of the favourite sayings from you fans? He maybe a Cnut but he's our Cnut.  ;D  I totally agree with KK comments but I'd take him in a flash   8) Frightening thing is I don't think he's reached his true potential yet.

I think if he stays at City ( which very sure he will ) he will become their greatest player of all time, now that a statement and hurt saying it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #150: Oct 19, 2021 10:31:42 pm
      I think if he stays at City ( which very sure he will ) he will become their greatest player of all time, now that a statement and hurt saying it.

Not that difficult really when the only other players in that bracket are Aguero, Silva and Kompany. KDB to an extent but his first 3-4 years there weren't spectacular by any means. So they aren't exactly overwhelmed with options for that title ;)
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #151: Oct 19, 2021 10:32:38 pm
      Not that difficult really when the only other players in that bracket are Aguero, Silva and Kompany. KDB to an extent but his first few years there weren't spectacular by any means. So they aren't exactly overwhelmed with options for that title ;)

What about Paul Power ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #152: Oct 19, 2021 10:34:08 pm

Steady on now, City fans nowadays aren't even aware the club existed before 2008.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #153: Oct 19, 2021 10:35:04 pm
      Really? Not even if you come out with one of the favourite sayings from you fans? He maybe a Cnut but he's our Cnut.  ;D  I totally agree with KK comments but I'd take him in a flash   8) Frightening thing is I don't think he's reached his true potential yet.

Nah, he'll forever be City's c**t, so I'll pass.  ;D

He could very well become their best ever player (although to be fair, the competition is slim...). But it might depend on how long Guardiola stays. His playing style is perfectly suited for Foden. And he's also carefully nurturing him. With another manager, Foden might not reach his full potential. (Here's hoping...)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #154: Oct 19, 2021 10:38:45 pm
      Not that difficult really when the only other players in that bracket are Aguero, Silva and Kompany. KDB to an extent but his first 3-4 years there weren't spectacular by any means. So they aren't exactly overwhelmed with options for that title ;)

I don't think his previous years are as bad as you think, you could see the potential though. Time will tell though. Wish we had the rat face  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #155: Oct 19, 2021 10:45:50 pm
      But it might depend on how long Guardiola stays. His playing style is perfectly suited for Foden. And he's also carefully nurturing him. With another manager, Foden might not reach his full potential. (Here's hoping...)

Chances are Pep's next team will be PSG so I wouldn't be shocked to see Foden end up there too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #156: Oct 19, 2021 10:56:58 pm
      Nah, he'll forever be City's c**t, so I'll pass.  ;D

He could very well become their best ever player (although to be fair, the competition is slim...). But it might depend on how long Guardiola stays. His playing style is perfectly suited for Foden. And he's also carefully nurturing him. With another manager, Foden might not reach his full potential. (Here's hoping...)

Promblem is though you could even put the fcuker in goal and probably play that postion just as good as he does  anywhere else.  ;D  No matter wher Pep puts him he still shines, top top draw in the making for me.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #157: Oct 20, 2021 06:44:44 pm
      Nou Camp barely 30% full here - they're allowed their maximum capacity now too!

Hope Phil's enjoying it from the bench 😂😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #158: Oct 20, 2021 08:20:55 pm
      United down 0-1 already. Atalanta has had the ball a lot in good positions but kept making the wrong pass until they finally scored. Deserve to be up.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #159: Oct 20, 2021 08:31:09 pm
      2-0 Atlanta… if we lose ANY points to these wastemen at the weekend I swear…
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #160: Oct 20, 2021 08:31:59 pm
      No bueno, United!

Luckily for them Villarreal is winning at YB so they’d only be 1 point out of 2nd.

Quick Reply