Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Bring Back the Home Internationals

Read 2258 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Bring Back the Home Internationals
      Nov 29, 2007 08:45:00 am
      With England blowing their chance, Scotland and Northern Ireland fighting bravely but falling short, and Wales failing to escape their group too, all the home nations are set to be kicking their heels whilst other countries take part in the European Championships. To fill that gaping void left by failure we've come up with a plan to bring back the Home Internationals tournament.
      This is a quote from Talk Sport;

I would like to see them come back.

What are you thoughts on this. :ernaehrung004:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Re: Bring Back the Home Internationals
      Reply #1: Nov 29, 2007 07:49:49 pm
      MY thoughts are simple, i would rather have Gerrard rested because he plays too many games!  Its a good idea and would make a good competition.  It would also be a big earner for the FA as its the perfect time as all the countries have been kicking above their weight in the 2 years apart from us.  But the Liverpool inside me wants a rest for Stevie G.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2007 09:32:52 am
      My Memories of the internationals was that they were always well fought,and no quator given,and more pride in winning it then a playing friendlies.Don't know if they would have the same impact today,due to players these days more tied to their respective clubs(wages,bonuses etc) and wearing the national shirt is not as important to some players.It used to be the pinnacle of a players career to wear your nations shirt.
      johnbarnesno1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2007 05:48:43 pm
      I'm all for it. But it's pretty second rate compared to the tournament we should be playing in!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2007 06:04:57 pm
      mind you the rest of the home nations do really fancy their chances, so it would put some needed confidence in the national team.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2007 08:32:26 pm
      I'm sure there would be a lot more passion in these games.

As a result all I can see is the teams kicking sh*t out of each other with more chance of injuries to Gerrard, Finnan and possibly Pennant before the next season starts.

No thanks.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Dec 02, 2007 09:01:00 pm
      My thoughts are to ban all international football, its sh*te and totally irrelevant!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #7: Dec 02, 2007 09:14:11 pm
      My thoughts are to ban all international football, its sh*te and totally irrelevant!

I completely agree.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2842 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2007 06:00:22 pm
      sorry to disappoint the english lads but the major talk is a celtic league between the Republic of Ireland Northern Ireland Wales and Scotland. You lot didnt want to know about it until ye failed to qualify for Euro 2008

Anyway your way to good for the 4 of us!!  :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2007 06:45:49 pm
      I'm all for it. But it's pretty second rate compared to the tournament we should be playing in!
      Oh my god. Please don't start me on this. With how England played, they did not deserve to be in Euro 2008 at all. If anything Wales deserved it way more, and that's saying something.

sorry to disappoint the english lads but the major talk is a celtic league between the Republic of Ireland Northern Ireland Wales and Scotland. You lot didnt want to know about it until ye failed to qualify for Euro 2008

Anyway your way to good for the 4 of us!!  :D

That's what I said!! Let's do this Celtic League then. And I think you got it the wrong way round.. we're way too good for them ;)

Quick Reply