Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Formula 1 2022

Read 90162 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #161: Feb 22, 2022 03:58:38 pm

And just to add to the confusion, they have Big Brother watching them in a VAR style hub, doing what I don't know. Formula 1 is a global sport where big decisions have major consequences, it's not a training ground for beginners out of their depth. Honestly, I'd rather have Masi still in charge than this shambles of an arrangement.

Your right about one thing ( which is unusual for you ) F1 is a global sport where big decisions have consequences….. That’s why they fcuked of Masi….. GET IT!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #162: Feb 22, 2022 05:49:24 pm
      anyone who watch the farce that was the DTM Finale will hardly be filled with confidence about the appointment of Wittich.

I understand your argument (and share the sentiment regarding the mockery that it was), but I don't think he's to blame though. Their crappy rules that allow 2 Ferraris to fight against 7 Mercedes are.
      There wasn't much Wittich could do to prevent the Mercedes 'teamwork' (for lack of a better word).

Unlike Hamilton, Lawson wasn't robbed. Screwed, yes, but not robbed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #163: Feb 22, 2022 07:23:19 pm

Freitas might be a solid option that commands respect but anyone who watch the farce that was the DTM Finale will hardly be filled
      with confidence about the appointment of Wittich.

Getting rid of Masi is not a silver bullet anyway and there doesn't need to be a VAR panel.

The rules were there. They weren't followed.

This is all optics.

Hamilton was robbed of a deserved title.

Bang on there racer - the rules were written down in black and white. They were ignored and ruled over by a stewards decision (in light of Mercedes appeal) that basically said they don't matter because the race director can do whatever he likes. That's the most dangerous precedent from Abu Dhabi and I find it remarkable how they have gotten away scot free.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Feb 22, 2022 07:37:28 pm
      Bang on there racer - the rules were written down in black and white. They were ignored and ruled over by a stewards  decision (in light of Mercedes appeal) that basically said they don't matter because the race director can do whatever he likes. That's the most dangerous precedent from Abu Dhabi and I find it remarkable how they have gotten away scot free.

Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, trying to move on but not easy. Christ if I’m like this how does Hammy do it? Remains to be seen (( on track )) if he still has that motivation/passion to get the No8 he so richly deserves.

Much as I want the No8 for Hammy can’t wait to see how the red car performs  ;D Not long to go now.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #165: Feb 22, 2022 08:46:47 pm
      Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, trying to move on but not easy. Christ if I’m like this how does Hammy do it? Remains to be seen (( on track )) if he still has that motivation/passion to get the No8 he so richly deserves.

Much as I want the No8 for Hammy can’t wait to see how the red car performs  ;D Not long to go now.

From his interviews, he seems to be coming back with a vengeance.

I cannot wait for this season to get underway! I have a feeling it's going to be a banger.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #166: Feb 22, 2022 08:56:45 pm
      Quote from PTU
      Again, a lie. Wittich supported Masi on F1 races on multiple occasions.

I also didn't mention Herbie Blash that will act as senior supervisor. And guess what? He used to be Charlie Whiting's right hand man...

As for Freitas, if you knew anything about racing, then you'd know officiating F1 races will be a walk in the park compared to 24h races...

This is fun, I could do this all day!

You can do it as many times as you want. When you admit they have no experience as F1 race directors, so therefore should not be doing the job, then the debate is settled. Being part of the team doesnt count. Masi was part of Whiting's team, then stepped up to the mark with 24 hours notice, did the job for 3 years, and now he's out, because the Mercs don't think he's up to the job. And now, 2 novices at this level have been installed to replace him.

The race in the UAE was held over 58 laps, not 1. The championship was 22 races long, not just the 8 Hamilton won at. He can claim he was robbed in the last race, but he's not the first driver to think everything has gone against him, and won't be the last. As in our own sport, the table doesn't lie. Verstappen finished first after 22 races, so he fully deserved his title.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #167: Feb 22, 2022 09:08:48 pm
      You can do it as many times as you want. When you admit they have no experience as F1 race directors, so therefore should not be doing the job, then the debate is settled. Being part of the team doesnt count. Masi was part of Whiting's team, then stepped up to the mark with 24 hours notice, did the job for 3 years, and now he's out, because the Mercs don't think he's up to the job. And now, 2 novices at this level have been installed to replace him.

The race in the UAE was held over 58 laps, not 1. The championship was 22 races long, not just the 8 Hamilton won at. He can claim he was robbed in the last race, but he's not the first driver to think everything has gone against him, and won't be the last. As in our own sport, the table doesn't lie. Verstappen finished first after 22 races, so he fully deserved his title.

Your so blinkered and full of horse sh!te
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #168: Feb 22, 2022 10:18:50 pm

Lewandowski has no experience playing in the Premier League. Does that make him inexperienced?
      Your logic is astonishing.  :lmao:

Also, Masi was part of Whiting's team for less than a year before being thrown into a job HE definitely was unqualified for.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #169: Feb 22, 2022 11:49:02 pm
      Quote from PTU
      Lewandowski has no experience playing in the Premier League. Does that make him inexperienced?
      Your logic is astonishing. 

Also, Masi was part of Whiting's team for less than a year before being thrown into a job HE definitely was unqualified for.

I wouldn't let Lewandowski be race director at all, for obvious reasons.

Instead of admitting that the new appointment is a shambles, you have another go at Masi. Masi had 3 years experience as race director. Now he's been replaced by a pair of part timers from other formulas who have never directed a F1 race, and will throw consistency out the window.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #170: Feb 22, 2022 11:54:36 pm
      I wouldn't let Lewandowski be race director at all, for obvious reasons.

Ok, I'm not sure you meant for it to be funny, but it was, I'll give you that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #171: Feb 23, 2022 01:45:49 am
      Ok, I'm not sure you meant for it to be funny, but it was, I'll give you that.

You’ve gone over his head PTU  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #173: Feb 25, 2022 12:49:31 am

What an appalling thing to say. I was never aware of that comment and its embarrassing that someone who holds such a role on GP weekends got away with that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #174: Feb 25, 2022 12:36:40 pm
      This year's drive around the Sochi bore-a-drome is no more. (Granted, it was a great race last time out thanks to Lando and co. But I still won't miss it).

Full credit to Vettel who spoke so openly about it yesterday. What a wonderful guy he is.

Now - how about getting Hockenheim or the Nurburgring back on the calendar?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #175: Feb 25, 2022 02:46:52 pm
      This year's drive around the Sochi bore-a-drome is no more. (Granted, it was a great race last time out thanks to Lando and co. But I still won't miss it).

Full credit to Vettel who spoke so openly about it yesterday. What a wonderful guy he is.

Now - how about getting Hockenheim or the Nurburgring back on the calendar?

Unfortunately, it's not 100% certain yet. They were very careful with their wording: "in the current circumstances".

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go ahead. As always, 'money talks'...  :-\

Edit: this is interesting. Could Mazepin lose his seat?
      https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1497178812647460868
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2022 05:25:53 pm by PTU »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #177: Feb 28, 2022 09:04:25 pm
      Removing Mazepin is a new low for F1…

They  raced in Saudi Arabia, UAE, who are involved in the war on Yemen costing thousands of lives…

The Qatar with its immigrant human rights record & abuses, Azerbaijan with its war & occupation of Armenian lands supported by Turkey.,,

Raced in the USA & with its track record of illegal wars..

Hypocrisy… 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #178: Feb 28, 2022 09:27:53 pm
      Removing Mazepin is a new low for F1…

They  raced in Saudi Arabia, UAE, who are involved in the war on Yemen costing thousands of lives…

The Qatar with its immigrant human rights record & abuses, Azerbaijan with its war & occupation of Armenian lands supported by Turkey.,,

Raced in the USA & with its track record of illegal wars..

Hypocrisy…

I’m guessing you don’t watch any of those GP’s then
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #179: Feb 28, 2022 09:37:51 pm
      We’re in danger of every sports thread getting political now. Hopefully F1 thread stops as quick as it’s starting and we can injoy the season.

Shabs & Pj you have enough political threads going on with you two  :lmao: without another starting on here  :(
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #180: Feb 28, 2022 09:45:28 pm
      We’re in danger of every sports thread getting political now. Hopefully F1 thread stops as quick as it’s starting and we can injoy the season.

Shabs & Pj you have enough political threads going on with you two  :lmao: without another starting on here  :(

For me it’s good that F1 are making their stance against Russia 👍
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #181: Feb 28, 2022 09:48:04 pm

It's inevitable though isn't it, especially with a sport as global as F1. Get Mazepin fu**ed off and the Sochi race scrapped for good and f1's fine.

No one should mourn the loss of Mazepin from the sport. There have always been pay drivers in the sport and there always will be but few backed by the sort of dirty money that enabled and propelled Putin to extremes.

Regardless of that, on a racing front he's been an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to the sport. A morally reprehensible man - a violent, sexually aggressive thug incapable of making it through two corners of an F1 track without making a pr**k of himself. It's terrible that Haas had to stoop so low as to make a mockery of themselves while good honest workers like Guenther Steiner and Mick Schumacher had to be associated with him.

Possibly the worst F1 driver of the last 30 years.

F**k him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,121 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #182: Feb 28, 2022 09:51:11 pm
      For me it’s good that F1 are making their stance against Russia 👍

Looks like plenty of organisations will be doing the same. Just hoping you two can keep your opinions/debates to a minimum on here and just continue them on your other threads coz neither of you back down when discussions start.  :couch:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #183: Feb 28, 2022 09:51:40 pm

I’ve put that turd on ignore so he’s probably stalking me in threads without me knowing..😂

Quick Reply