Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26241 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Jan 02, 2022 07:28:15 pm
      Owen left because he didnt see the investment in the squad and Stevie almost did the same maybe Mo has similar reservations and FSG would be happy to let him go so we can spend his transfer fee

Salah came out the other week and said he loves it here and wants to finish his career at Liverpool
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 62 
      Reply #737: Jan 02, 2022 07:28:27 pm
      Hard to see players go but I honestly believe if Elliot had remained fit Mane would be gone this window he has been shocking awful,  nice lad but he's lost it maybe his priorities off the pitch have ruined him. We need a quality midfielder as back up or along side Tiago ( when fit ) would take Couthino now on loan until Elliott returns.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #738: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:04 pm
      Very easy to bash subs who had what 20 mins to change things and then told to play roles that are not favoured position .Said many times on here Naby needs to be in front of Thiago and Fab for our best midfield combo
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #739: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:05 pm
      No. Owen left because he didn’t want the regret of having not played for Madrid when the chance was there and intended on returning like Rush.
      Gerrard nearly left because he didn’t feel like the club wanted him anymore.

At least get it right.

as far as i remember with stevie. It was because he wanted the league and chelsea throwing around money. He could see it winning the league with them rather then us. So i think Walton got that one right.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #740: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:10 pm
      Gutted. 2-0 up away to Chelsea we should never expect anything other than all three points. But in the end it was probably a fair result. We have tossed away too many points this season from leading positions as we haven't been able to dictate or manage games as well as we need to or to the same extent as when we won the league. If there was any doubt we needed strengthening in certain areas before the season started I don't think there is much doubt about it now. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #741: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:14 pm
      And his agent saw the zero's from what he'd get from his cut from a move to Madrid!!

No wonder he couldn't be contacted by Parry for the previous 6 - 12 months.

and why did Stevie even consider leaving for the exact same reason nothing to do with Owens agent the squad did not match his ambitions. and as for Parry do me a F***ing favour he was the biggest liability at the club even announced Gerrard had gone because he had his phone switched off when STevie tried to phone him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #742: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:44 pm
      Owen left because he didnt see the investment in the squad and Stevie almost did the same maybe Mo has similar reservations and FSG would be happy to let him go so we can spend his transfer fee

At least get things close to being factually right

Owen didn’t leave because of investment and Gerrard didn’t almost leave because if investment

Go and read what they both said
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #743: Jan 02, 2022 07:29:51 pm
      Title gone by 2nd Jan but we can’t be too harsh on the lads, it’s miracle we are still right up bearing the crumbs that Jürgen has at his disposal.

That is the most damning statistic you will see. Stood still, sat on our hands and went backwards since winning the title.

Wouldn't even give Jürgen any money last January when we were desperate. Forced him to sell lovren to buy a left back.

Fsg imploring all the clubs to keep their powder dry during the pandemic was their final throw of the dice.

I wonder where jurgens summer budget is coming from .... oooooohhh now let's have a think.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #744: Jan 02, 2022 07:30:09 pm
      Title gone by 2nd Jan but we can’t be too harsh on the lads, it’s miracle we are still right up bearing the crumbs that Jürgen has at his disposal.

Unfortunately have to agree, on the title, and the crumbs at disposal
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #745: Jan 02, 2022 07:30:55 pm
      as far as i remember with stevie. It was because he wanted the league and chelsea throwing around money. He could see it winning the league with them rather then us. So i think Walton got that one right.

After reading his book and listening to countless interviews although I am sure he wanted the league it was mainly due to a breakdown in relationship and feeling not appreciated or wanted
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #746: Jan 02, 2022 07:31:52 pm
      That is the most damning statistic you will see. Stood still, sat on our hands and went backwards since winning the title.

Wouldn't even give Jürgen any money last January when we were desperate. Forced him to sell lovren to buy a left back.

Fsg imploring all the clubs to keep their powder dry during the pandemic was their final throw of the dice.

I wonder where jurgens summer budget is coming from .... oooooohhh now let's have a think.

According to one individually on the forum we ain’t signing anyone in Jan…

This team needs investment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #747: Jan 02, 2022 07:32:03 pm
      and why did Stevie even consider leaving for the exact same reason nothing to do with Owens agent the squad did not match his ambitions.

Gerrard was tempted by Chelsea, because he was unsure about Rafa, his management style etc and that's from his own mouth on that Gary Nev Soccerbox programme on sky.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #748: Jan 02, 2022 07:32:32 pm
      At least get things close to being factually right

Owen didn’t leave because of investment and Gerrard didn’t almost leave because if investment

Go and read what they both said

I heard his words so F**k off and stop trying to change history your a F**k FSG WUM
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 62 
      Reply #749: Jan 02, 2022 07:33:06 pm
      Hard to see players go but I honestly believe if Elliot had remained fit Mane would be gone this window he has been shocking awful,  nice lad but he's lost it maybe his priorities off the pitch have ruined him. We need a quality midfielder as back up or along side Tiago ( when fit ) would take Couthino now on loan until Elliott returns.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #750: Jan 02, 2022 07:33:39 pm
      We do not constantly get outplayed in midfield, that's just complete bollocks. Today was a rare case where we actually did get dominated in midfield. Usually we are doing the dominating.

Agree to disagree than big dog. Without Thiago in the lineup our MF has been the achilles heal this season. Hendo really has struggled the past few months. Fab been good most of season, but under par since his return. Ox has probably been as good anyone else.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #751: Jan 02, 2022 07:33:41 pm
      Gerrard was tempted by Chelsea, because he was unsure about Rafa and that's from his own mouth on that Gary Nev Soccerbox programme on sky.

he did lost of talking at the time not just to Nevilles sh*t box which I would never watch.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #752: Jan 02, 2022 07:33:43 pm
      After reading his book and listening to countless interviews although I am sure he wanted the league it was mainly due to a breakdown in relationship and feeling not appreciated or wanted

Yeah i read the book too. I still think it was because of the league, and he said he was glad that he didnt made the move but not winning the league was his biggest regret. It was also big chunk of money, and mourinho too. It could be all those factors that swayed him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #753: Jan 02, 2022 07:33:51 pm

He’s also said the clubs stalling in offering him a new contract made him feel unwanted and played a part.
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #754: Jan 02, 2022 07:34:33 pm

I'd bring Gini back in Jan if its possible.

He should never have been allowed to go in the first place. Here he is playin with a team full of superstars and yet our fkn owners couldn’t come up with the readies and a long enough contract to tie him here with us so off he went . I was gutted
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #755: Jan 02, 2022 07:34:34 pm
      According to one individually on the forum we ain’t signing anyone in Jan…

This team needs investment.

We probably won't be signing anyone in January so is he wrong?

Some weird stuff posted on here at times.

The best thing is you probably think we won't sign anyone either Shabs so why the snide?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #756: Jan 02, 2022 07:36:21 pm
      he did lost of talking at the time not just to Nevilles sh*t box which I would never watch.

Good for you lad, but I watched and listened to what Gerrard and Carragher both said when they talked about teams styles etc back in Rafa days, was quite interesting listening to them give their view!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #757: Jan 02, 2022 07:36:53 pm

OGS arrived December 18 - since then we won the CL , the PL , the World Club Cup

Signed Thiago, Jota , Konate , Taki , Elliot and Kostas

I’ll take that over being bottom of a net spend table - are we relegated now ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #758: Jan 02, 2022 07:37:29 pm
      He should never have been allowed to go in the first place. Here he is playin with a team full of superstars and yet our fkn owners couldn’t come up with the readies and a long enough contract to tie him here with us so off he went . I was gutted

He was offered a contract and turned it down

Quick Reply