Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Luis Diaz (Porto)

Read 23056 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Luis Diaz (Porto)
      Reply #115: Jan 28, 2022 03:04:06 pm
      This looks more of a replacement for Sadio than it does Mo.

He's a left sided attacker don't understand why some think he will be a replacement for Mo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Jan 28, 2022 03:04:36 pm
      Why doesnt it mean we sell Origi and or Minimino?

I swear everyone hates us having a strong squad, even our own fans sometimes ;D.

Because they are on significantly less money, would require significantly less money to renew and they wouldn’t fetch anywhere near as much money should they be sold. It’s pretty obvious really.

It’s not a case of people hating us having a strong squad, frankly it’s a ridiculous comment you’ve made there. We all know Klopp likes to operate with a relatively small squad and we all know how FSG run the club and they aren’t going to keep Salah, Mane, Firmino at the club, earning probably near on 800k a week between them on renewed contracts whilst having Jota and Diaz for near on 100mill in transfer and agent fees before even taking into account their wages.

It is starting to feel like between Jota and this cat it could be the frontline "refresh" people have been clamoring for. I'd hate to see Mane or Bobby leave this year, hope they don't. I'd like to keep all of our players AND sign players like this. The deeper the squad the better. I do understand it likely means the end for Taki or Divock though just on a numbers basis.

I agree, I’d like us to keep Salah, Mane and Bobby whilst having Jota and Diaz but realistically it’s not going to happen IMO.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #117: Jan 28, 2022 03:20:23 pm
      If we sign Diaz and this wonder kid from Fulham it will be the best January transfer window since the one we signed Sturridge and Coutinho in.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #118: Jan 28, 2022 03:21:29 pm
      If we sign Diaz and this wonder kid from Fulham it will be the best January transfer window since the one we signed Sturridge and Coutinho in.

Agreed. A fellow red went to watch Fulham just to scout this kid. He messaged me saying he's the real deal
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #119: Jan 28, 2022 03:21:54 pm

Didn't we get Elliott from FUlham too?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #120: Jan 28, 2022 03:28:25 pm
      Didn't we get Elliott from FUlham too?

Yes
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #121: Jan 28, 2022 03:28:45 pm

Wow, what a way to disrespect Steven Caulker!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #122: Jan 28, 2022 03:46:38 pm
      One needs to stay so we have six options for three positions as top teams need.

I don't think we can keep both of them though because I thought we were a bit limited on non-homegrown slots in the squad?

Ox has shown he can play in the front 3. Klopp has already hinted that Origi is on the market.

Why would we sell Mane (unless he wants to leave) and keep Origi or Minimino? Makes no logical sense IMO.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #123: Jan 28, 2022 03:55:23 pm
      He looks a good player...
      As for selling players, I’m not sure we have to really but let’s not kid ourselves, mane and firmino have been under par for quite some time now. Maybe it’s a good time to cash in on one of them.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #124: Jan 28, 2022 04:07:18 pm
      Because they are on significantly less money, would require significantly less money to renew

Do you know the books at LFC? Everyones a financial guru in here. This sh*t ain't Champ manager. We got no idea what these ppl can afford, what each player is really on or how they balance the books etc. Everything is just speculation.  Some sites say Mane is only on 100k, while Minimino is on 75 k and Origi is on 60k. Who knows how we're going to rebalance the squad or who else may be sold. Milner is on 140k. Is he going to renew in the summer? The immediate negative speculation is something i dont believe in
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #125: Jan 28, 2022 04:09:32 pm
      Because they are on significantly less money, would require significantly less money to renew and they wouldn’t fetch anywhere near as much money should they be sold. It’s pretty obvious really.

It’s not a case of people hating us having a strong squad, frankly it’s a ridiculous comment you’ve made there. We all know Klopp likes to operate with a relatively small squad and we all know how FSG run the club and they aren’t going to keep Salah, Mane, Firmino at the club, earning probably near on 800k a week between them on renewed contracts whilst having Jota and Diaz for near on 100mill in transfer and agent fees before even taking into account their wages.

I agree, I’d like us to keep Salah, Mane and Bobby whilst having Jota and Diaz but realistically it’s not going to happen IMO.

Don't worry about the money. I won't mind paying £300 per ticket per match. And I'll attend every game! Just keep the expensive squad and keep winning. I'll pay for them at any cost! Keep them all at any price!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #126: Jan 28, 2022 04:10:49 pm
      Wow, what a way to disrespect Steven Caulker!

And Kabak and Davies :)

The more I read about Diaz the more impressed I get. Looks a real prospect.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #127: Jan 28, 2022 04:13:15 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #128: Jan 28, 2022 04:14:21 pm
      I don't know why we'd want to get rid of them. Both have scored some fairly important goals this season.

But it makes more sense to you that we get rid of MANE or FIRMINO? Make that make sense  ???
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #129: Jan 28, 2022 04:21:24 pm
      i dont want to be that guy but can we stick to Diaz in this thread, please? im just waiting for the pictures and the interview.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #130: Jan 28, 2022 04:23:11 pm
      Quick glance thru twitter. loads saying deal is done.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #131: Jan 28, 2022 04:26:54 pm
      & they say you can’t buy quality in the Jan window...

Get this over the line & well done to all those involved... the type of players we need to continue our attacking upfront and keep it fresh...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #132: Jan 28, 2022 04:32:45 pm
      A YT video, while we wait  :D

https://youtu.be/EPTUu484Kkc
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #133: Jan 28, 2022 04:34:13 pm
      This is more like it! Very, very exciting. Couldn't believe it when I saw the report on BBC sport.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #134: Jan 28, 2022 04:38:27 pm
      Quick glance thru twitter. loads saying deal is done.

So we went from first link to deal done in what, 18 hours?

When will people learn......
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #135: Jan 28, 2022 04:54:30 pm

The one we had with VVD arriving
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #136: Jan 28, 2022 04:56:21 pm

Get this over the line & well done to all those involved... the type of players we need to continue our attacking upfront and keep it fresh...

Don’t think anyone has said that
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #137: Jan 28, 2022 04:56:24 pm

Suarez was signed in January... coincidentally, his full name is Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz

If this Luis Diaz is even half as good as the one we signed in 2011, we'll have a player on our hands!

Quick Reply