Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (3.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.9%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      2 (3.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      27 (42.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Feb 10, 2022 01:50:36 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12302 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,590 posts | 1675 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Feb 06, 2022 02:43:32 pm

Once again bemused by Jurgens decision on minamino. Lad was in the game ... gets his goal again and off he goes again not to be seen for weeks no doubt. Bobby bless him looks as threatening as a hedgehog thats been run over and backed over yet he stayed on for the full 90 again. I love Bobby .... but he is a shadow of what he was and has been for some time.

Just imho Taki was OK in general play, but not much more. Thought was wasteful first half. He can get the odd goal, have to give him that, though a lot of the goals are against lesser teams in lesser games. Felt Bob was more involved in general play and looking to the rest of the season would think leaving him on to get the extra minutes will do him no harm. He's not playing as well as Bob in full flow can, but would expect him to contribute more from now to May than Taki, assuming he doesn't get injured again. Tough with Diaz arriving his game time is likely going to be more limited, Taki's even moreso.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,590 posts | 1675 
      • YNWA
      Reply #369: Feb 06, 2022 02:44:07 pm

And another win without Salah & Mane.

Might not get back in the team :)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #370: Feb 06, 2022 02:44:19 pm
      Nice little cameo for Diaz today .... do him the world of good to get those minutes in his pocket.

Hoping Sadio and Mo can be available for the next game.

I don't even know when the AFCON final is, but with Leicester only 4 days away i don't see either of them playing, much less starting.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #371: Feb 06, 2022 02:46:19 pm
      Actually i take tht back. Just saw they play tonight and probably on a plane tomorrow morning.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #372: Feb 06, 2022 02:50:24 pm
      Actually i take tht back. Just saw they play tonight and probably on a plane tomorrow morning.

The winner will be given an extra day off to travel back to their country, so will will have one back at least.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #373: Feb 06, 2022 02:54:44 pm
      Far better second half, nice to see Harvey Elliot scoring a cracking goal, on his return from injury. Diaz looks a good prospect. The goals have kept on coming despite Sadio and Mo being away on International duty, surely some silverware is due this season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #374: Feb 06, 2022 03:06:54 pm
      Far better second half, nice to see Harvey Elliot scoring a cracking goal, on his return from injury. Diaz looks a good prospect. The goals have kept on coming despite Sadio and Mo being away on International duty, surely some silverware is due this season.

Most people knew how strong this team is and that it doesn't revolve around 1 player. It was the usual herd of clowns who were spamming the board about lack of quality depth, over-reliance on Salah, Jürgen having to turn water into wine and all their usual crap. It is no surprise as they have been proven wrong that they have mysteriously become much quieter.

Still very much fighting for 4 trophies and with the squad back fully healthy i expect to see us lift some silverware this season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #375: Feb 06, 2022 03:07:35 pm
      The winner will be given an extra day off to travel back to their country, so will will have one back at least.
      Yep will be very surprised if either of them feature. Considering the others had a 2 week break and they didn’t, I reckon Klopp will think they deserve some down time (not 2 weeks but a few days at least).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #376: Feb 06, 2022 03:17:17 pm
      Konate has had a nightmare today.

Wouldn't go that far, got spun well for the Var pen decision. But they never really worried us. Just think it was everyone back getting into run of things after break.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #377: Feb 06, 2022 03:17:59 pm
      It baffles me how a relatively short person like Jota can be so good at headers. What a player.

Reminds me of Fowler.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #378: Feb 06, 2022 03:21:28 pm
      Would go roughly with the team that finished the game on Thursday bar the odd one or two changes. Mane and Salah will start on the bench.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,271 posts | 928 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #379: Feb 06, 2022 03:23:26 pm
      Thought the starting midfield was very weak today, Henderson is out of it when two others like Jones and Ketia, both shocking particularly Jones, no urgency, had Jota had a bit of luck he could of had a hat trick today, still in Four competitions at this stage come on
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #380: Feb 06, 2022 03:29:11 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #381: Feb 06, 2022 03:51:14 pm
      It was a good result, but I'm just thrilled for young Harvey!!  I'm sure he had some nerves and anxiety about the possibility that he may have lost some magic after suffering a nasty injury, but he will be absolutely brimming with confidence now.  I can't wait to see him reestablish himself in the 1st team and help us win silverware!!  Top player!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,573 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #382: Feb 06, 2022 03:51:35 pm
      Might not get back in the team :)

;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,573 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #383: Feb 06, 2022 03:55:46 pm
      Yep will be very surprised if either of them feature. Considering the others had a 2 week break and they didn’t, I reckon Klopp will think they deserve some down time (not 2 weeks but a few days at least).

Agreed, Can see them both given some time off.

so probably wont start the next game, maybe on bench just in case.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,610 posts | 7142 
      Reply #384: Feb 06, 2022 04:26:03 pm
      Deserved win nice to see Elliot return and score. Midfield was awful first half andxas for Jones stroled round like a tom cat with the cream. He had at least 3 easy chances and all three overvthe bar nowhere near good enough

we know he is good enough but I cant think whats happened to the lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,626 posts | 3857 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #385: Feb 06, 2022 04:29:54 pm
      Absolutely delighted for the team, and especially for Harvey Elliott.
      Everyone coming back to the squad at the sharp end of the season.

Let's go!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #386: Feb 06, 2022 04:37:28 pm
      Job done and a nice tie for the fifth round.

I liked the line up today. I had a feeling klopp would go weak for some reason so it was a pleasant surprise.

First half we were poor though. Cardiff sitting on the edge of their box and the wind didn’t help but a few of our lads were well off it. Naby and minamino were poor but curtis Jones really stunk the place out  again today, he was awful.

Second half we were much better though. The changes were needed and we went through the gears once elliott and diaz were brought on. We moved the ball much quicker. Made up for young elliott who was superb and diaz is going to be an animal in this side.

We didn’t have to do too much defensively but I thought virgil looked really good today too. He’s had a few ropey games this season but he dealt with everything and looked his old self.

One last thing. Can somebody else take free kicks other than Trent from now on ffs. He’s living off past goals but in general he’s actually quite sh*te at them.
      Don77

• 6,610 posts | 1107 
      Reply #387: Feb 06, 2022 04:48:59 pm
      Just imho Taki was OK in general play, but not much more. Thought was wasteful first half. He can get the odd goal, have to give him that, though a lot of the goals are against lesser teams in lesser games. Felt Bob was more involved in general play and looking to the rest of the season would think leaving him on to get the extra minutes will do him no harm. He's not playing as well as Bob in full flow can, but would expect him to contribute more from now to May than Taki, assuming he doesn't get injured again. Tough with Diaz arriving his game time is likely going to be more limited, Taki's even moreso.

Fair enough mate. But I dont agree. If taki had the game time Bob gets he would contribute alot more than bob does. That's my opinion.

As I say ... Bobby didn't offer much today. He's a shadow of what he used to be. That's my opinion. You have a different one and that's good with me.

1 on the opening day at Norwich, 3 against a hapless Watford. Is that bobs prem goals this season? We're in Feb and that's just not good enough I'm afraid. He didn't look threatening today. I'd have subbed him and not taki.

But what does it matter ... 3-1 and in the next round. Happy days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #388: Feb 06, 2022 05:17:25 pm
      Their goalie should have been booked in the first half for wasting time, he was waltzing round the area like a come dancing contestant, he F***ing quickstepped soon enough tho when the goals went in!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,179 posts | 3475 
      Reply #389: Feb 06, 2022 05:42:53 pm
      Enjoy the game today

For some reason we always look disjointed when we come back from a break and you could see that in the first half - misplaced passes , over hit crosses etc just lacked a bit of fluidity

Second half started and players looked a bit more lively

Great header from Jota , thought Diaz looked very lively and Elliott just oozes class - he is going to be such a key player , said it elsewhere but he is why the club didn’t seem to be too bothered about replacing Gini

Thought Taki was brighter second half and pops up with another goal and a great finish from Elliot for the 3rd

The two talking points - Penalty, player was looking for it but if the ref had given it then can’t see it being overturned and then Kelleher catching the player - rush of blood and could have been a red
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,590 posts | 1675 
      • YNWA
      Reply #390: Feb 06, 2022 06:06:17 pm
      Fair enough mate. But I dont agree. If taki had the game time Bob gets he would contribute alot more than bob does. That's my opinion.

That's fine, we all have different opinions, doubt any of us would agree on every player, but we'd all like to win stuff and we took another step today :)

Quick Reply