Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      33 (40.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.5%)
      Joel Matip
      10 (12.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      9 (11.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (7.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2022 06:23:20 pm

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19722 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Apr 10, 2022 06:34:49 pm
      Mo’s probably fasting. And so… we just need to respect that.

That's actually a fair point. But then you have to wonder why he's asked to play the full 90 minutes...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,564 posts | 1498 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #691: Apr 10, 2022 06:35:13 pm
      True but these guys have world class nutritionists, he'll be getting what he needs to compete for the day ahead during Iftar.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #692: Apr 10, 2022 06:35:20 pm

Sorry mate you dont get to demand top money and start excusing yourself on religious grounds. He has been through this many many times as has Sadio and its never been an issue. He is knackered and that isnt what we need.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Reply #693: Apr 10, 2022 06:35:46 pm
      Second half was obviously much better - first half you can’t do that

Alison has once again shown how massive he is for us

Don’t know how to feel currently, but I only saw it back once but that was a blatant pen for the handball Laporte did when it was given as a goal kick??
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #694: Apr 10, 2022 06:36:42 pm
      Few below par performances from our boys but title isn’t gone yet ,strange things can happen in football so keep going and hope for a bit of luck
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #695: Apr 10, 2022 06:36:50 pm

Don’t know how to feel currently, but I only saw it back once but that was a blatant pen for the handball Laporte did when it was given as a goal kick??

Mate how good is Ali he should start off as MOTM every game he is simply our best ever Goalkeeper and I saw a lot of Clemence this man is the best
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #696: Apr 10, 2022 06:37:44 pm

Think it came off his thigh on the replay

RedWilly

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Reply #697: Apr 10, 2022 06:38:08 pm
      Mate how good is Ali he should start off as MOTM every game he is simply our best ever Goalkeeper and I saw a lot of Clemence this man is the best

The guy is unreal, he makes massive saves over and over again, I think I love him
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #698: Apr 10, 2022 06:38:56 pm
      I thought it was an epic performance in a really tense game at the home of the Champions we are such a solid unit. Remember just how good City are and we could have easily won it proud of Jürgen and the lads
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #699: Apr 10, 2022 06:39:17 pm

Nah off his thigh
      Harrisimo

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #700: Apr 10, 2022 06:39:37 pm
      Wouldn't knock Mo. Soon as he gets in 3/4 swarm towards him. He needs a rest and he should be given a breather. We have a better attacking squad so give Mo a rest.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #701: Apr 10, 2022 06:40:06 pm
      I have no f**king clue where some of you pick up this narrative that this was undeserving or that we were poor or lucky.

We were being carved open time and again which should not be. No matter who the opponent is, we should be 3-0 up by HT and hammering them. Anything apart from this is below par. Too bad this is a results business! ;D :mad:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #702: Apr 10, 2022 06:40:11 pm
      The guy is unreal, he makes massive saves over and over again, I think I love him

he gets overlooked so many times but he is a 9 out of 10 every game
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #703: Apr 10, 2022 06:40:48 pm
      Lad needs to realise he can't be involved in every game and have a week away from the team sheet. Will do him a world of good!
      Really? On a day where he's probably fasting, he was pretty much very involved in our two goals....

He puts the cheeky pass in for Mane on the first goal which leads to their quick panic clearance straight back onto your feet for the goal.

He puts in the world class inch perfect diagonal pass for Sadio on the second.

Is he supposed to score a goal like the one he scored in the home game every time or else he's bad? Not saying he is not criticizable but I'm not seeing exactly how he had a bad game when without him the two goals we got wouldn't have been.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #704: Apr 10, 2022 06:41:24 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #705: Apr 10, 2022 06:41:46 pm
      I have no f**king clue where some of you pick up this narrative that this was undeserving or that we were poor or lucky. We came up against a City side playing well and still grabbed a draw from theirs with City only achieving one more shot on target. I'd say there were a handful of moments from us as well where we could and should have scored as well. Salah and Mane were superb I thought. Linking up well and picking their moments - I'm just gutted the former didn't have a goal as he deserved it. Jota was excellent once again. Hendo was solid. Thiago - so so and oddly the game passed him by. Fabinho - looked sloppy which was uncharacteristic for him. Robbo was superb. Trent, dodgy and not his day but still made a critical intervention in the first half to stop a City goal. Matip and VVD did well to stem the attacks. Alisson just being Alisson - superb.

Substitutions didn't make much of a difference from either side. That said, try being the Man City fan justifying £100m for a sub display like that. He was f**king sh*t and I reckon we could have played with him quite a bit had he been on the field longer.
      Just so proud of our boys we are second to nobody we will destroy them at Wembley
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #706: Apr 10, 2022 06:42:38 pm
      On we go

im just gutted that in 47 seconds of the 2nd half we were more us then an entire 45 minutes in the first
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #707: Apr 10, 2022 06:42:45 pm
      I have no f**king clue where some of you pick up this narrative that this was undeserving or that we were poor or lucky. We came up against a City side playing well and still grabbed a draw from theirs with City only achieving one more shot on target. I'd say there were a handful of moments from us as well where we could and should have scored as well. Salah and Mane were superb I thought. Linking up well and picking their moments - I'm just gutted the former didn't have a goal as he deserved it. Jota was excellent once again. Hendo was solid. Thiago - so so and oddly the game passed him by. Fabinho - looked sloppy which was uncharacteristic for him. Robbo was superb. Trent, dodgy and not his day but still made a critical intervention in the first half to stop a City goal. Matip and VVD did well to stem the attacks. Alisson just being Alisson - superb.

Substitutions didn't make much of a difference from either side. That said, try being the Man City fan justifying £100m for a sub display like that. He was f**king sh*t and I reckon we could have played with him quite a bit had he been on the field longer.

👏👏👏
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #708: Apr 10, 2022 06:42:56 pm
      Sorry mate you dont get to demand top money and start excusing yourself on religious grounds. He has been through this many many times as has Sadio and its never been an issue. He is knackered and that isnt what we need.

Don't know why anyone is mentioning it, it's F***ing pathetic. With the amount of nutritionists at the club, dieting or fasting during Ramadan isn't a problem.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #709: Apr 10, 2022 06:43:33 pm

corner mate off his thigh as you say
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #710: Apr 10, 2022 06:43:47 pm
      To go to city, score twice and could have potentially won it - I think that’s massive. Our winning run comes to an end and now we can go on another streak.

FA Cup, Champions League and Prem we are coming for you!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #711: Apr 10, 2022 06:44:44 pm

We were not lucky

we were poor very poor for 45

Were better than them, in my opinion, and thats why im happy to take something, but feel that first half just let us down
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #712: Apr 10, 2022 06:44:50 pm
      Don't know why anyone is mentioning it, it's f**king pathetic. With the amount of nutritionists at the club, dieting or fasting during Ramadan isn't a problem.

been managing it for years and its a problem Mo is mentally fu**ed he isnt a machine but there is nowhere to rest him at the moment

Quick Reply