Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

The title run in

Read 43195 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #230: May 09, 2022 11:16:06 am
      I don't understand why Liverpool fans would swallow up this bullshit.
      They do have a striker, a very good one, in Gabriel Jesus.
      He's scored 6 and assisted 1 in the last 5 PL games for City.
      They've got Sterling, Grealish & Mahrez as attacking options.
      De Bruyne as a 10 with any of those 4 around him.
      Foden has been used in there too.

People buying into the "City don't have the attacking options" narrative can bore off.
      They're that well off they even offloaded Ferran Torres.
      They'll bring Erling Haaland in this summer, by the looks of today's reports.

City do not lack for attacking options.
      They do have a striker.
      In the summer they will spend sickening amounts of money on another one.
      Exactly mate they maybe donā€™t have a striker in the traditional sense but then neither do we. Both teams have a number of versatile forwards, most of whom operate in wide positions. Just happens ours are a lot better at scoring goals.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #231: May 09, 2022 11:26:32 am
      f**k them mate we will do what we do and win lose or draw we will support our team that lot would be playing in front of half empty stadiums once he goes and the money dries up

They are missing 3 1st choice defenders for rest of season, if teams have a go at them, they have a chance.

West Ham away is a game they could drop points.

But all we can do is take care of our games, win tmrw were top again. ;-)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #232: May 09, 2022 12:20:21 pm
      Exactly mate they maybe donā€™t have a striker in the traditional sense but then neither do we. Both teams have a number of versatile forwards, most of whom operate in wide positions. Just happens ours are a lot better at scoring goals.

If teams want to target Zinchenko, maybe.
      They'll still play with Laporte and either Aki or Fernandinho.

But yeah, teams will actually have to target them down the right for that to happen.
      I've transferred in Coutinho and Ings for the last 3 games.
      All we can do is try to win our remaining games and hope City drop points.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #233: May 09, 2022 12:56:02 pm
      Has to rest Mo against Villa. Not conceding the title but Mo needs a break even if it's just to reset him for the FA Cup final. Rest him full stop. Not on the bench. Jota has been affected by the stop start way he has been used, so he needs game time. Also wouldn't rule out a rest for Mane and start with Jota, Origi and Diaz for Villa.

Jones in Mid with Fabinho and Thiago.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #234: May 09, 2022 01:22:11 pm
      What the feck is up with Pep..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61373787

Tell yer what it is..aha...the old green eyed monster...he's jealous..the pillock...truth be told he's a closet Liverpool fan. In the LFC V City game at Anfield the camera picked up on him giving the Kop a little admiring glance..Mourinho used to do the same.

In Spain the European Cup, now the Champions League is the biggest deal and down the years our great European tradition caught the imagination of many Spaniard fans, Pep being one of them.

But he's wrong thinking the Country is on our side...it's the other way round yer feckin' eejit..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,661 posts | 6958 
      Reply #235: May 09, 2022 01:51:19 pm
      League was always a big ask. Many on here had thrown the towel in in winter. The players have been sensational.

Goal difference is not massively meaningful yet. They still have to lose at least one -1 gd and we have to win 3 games so a minimum +3 gd.

I suspect City will win their last three anyway and we might draw another one. So tough going for four trophies. You need to have a 10 point lead in March to attempt it.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #236: May 09, 2022 02:27:38 pm
      I would definitely rotate tomorrow, our pressing game requires players to be at their absolute top level for 90 minutes (and maybe more on Saturday). Physical fitness is nearly as important as ability to execute Klopp's gameplan. We need players like Salah, Diaz, Thiago and Robbo to be at their physical peak for the Cup Final. Give how the weekend went i would put faith in the likes of Tsimikas, Jota, Milner and perhaps Bobby at Villa tomorrow night. Our 2 biggest remaining games are the 2 cup finals. That's not me throwing the towel in, I just think you should play the percentages in this situation.

And i think JD is right, you probably need that 10 point cushion to achieve a quadruple. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3937 
      Reply #237: May 09, 2022 03:44:11 pm

People buying into the "City don't have the attacking options" narrative can bore off.

They do have a striker.

Good post mate
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #238: May 09, 2022 04:19:15 pm

City trying to set themselves up as underdogs when they've outspent all around them.
      People lapping it up because they have no capacity to think critically, or for themselves, anymore.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #239: May 09, 2022 04:19:44 pm

They do have a striker.

looking at the two games against RM its not a striker they need its defenders letting in 6 goals in two games isnt good
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #240: May 09, 2022 04:21:00 pm
      looking at the two games against RM its not a striker they need its defenders letting in 6 goals in two games isnt good

Yup. Scoring goals hasn't been the problem.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #241: May 09, 2022 04:32:22 pm
      They are missing 3 1st choice defenders for rest of season, if teams have a go at them, they have a chance.

West Ham away is a game they could drop points.

But all we can do is take care of our games, win tmrw were top again. ;-)

we win 3-0 they get beat 2-0 we are top it is that close. We have to believe we are still in this and they are fraglile if we winand then W.Ham beat them they will fall apart I am convinced of that
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #243: May 09, 2022 07:37:48 pm
      See, I must be getting soft as I get older, that bollocks from Pep would normally have me reaching for a oxygen mask, but I read it and said to myself, heā€™s f***in lost it now, I canā€™t ever remember him coming out and spouting crap normally reserved for their knuckle dragging fans, you wonā€™t hear Klopp saying for instance that City in recent years have been awesome but before the petro- dollars were a glorified pub team, would he ? Klopp wouldnā€™t be so disrespectful !!

I had a lot of respect for Pep, thought he was different from Maureen, or bacon face and not refer to cheap jibes regarding our history, but alas as it turns out heā€™s no f***in different whatsoever, I can only assume that losing, no sorry thatā€™s not right, what I mean isā€¦that Bottling the CL to RM, and failing for the 6th time to win ā€˜Ol Big Earsā€™ has wrecked his mind, and since he had the mindset of, ā€˜arroganceā€™ and showing scant regard to his peers, maybe he too thinks that football was invented in 1992 and anything that happened beforehand was a figment of someoneā€™s imagination, just like the Bible, only one part of that is true !!

Pep G, the Master craftsman, is a complete genius, isnā€™t he ? Everywhere heā€™s been he has bought them titles, in Spain, in Germany and now in Toryland , just how does he do it, time and again he turns up, adopts a decent set of blokes and turns them into winners, but he knows, we know, his staff know, and his Neanderthal knuckle dragging fans know that without a Mr Benjamin Franklin and Billions of his wee buddies theyā€™d be still glorifying pub teams up and down the length and breadth of Lancashire, wouldnā€™t they ?

Knobhead !!!

Y  N  W  A
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #244: May 09, 2022 07:39:42 pm
      Quote from chats
      If GD is a factor there will be a natural swing of at least two anyway (if City lose by a goal and we win that corresponding game by a goal) so there will still be two to make up, possibly three as they are ahead on goals scored too. Will need to win one of our last three in a big way and hope City don't do the same somewhere else.

4 goals is not an insurmountable issue for a team with 5 forwards to call upon. Plus Southampton have a fondness for losing games 9-0 with no consequences. So if we're 4-0 up early in the second half again, we're not shutting up shop like we did the last time.

Quote from Robby The Z
      So with full rotation vs. Villa we would see:

Ali
      Milner, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas
      Jones, Keita, Elliott (or Oxlade Chamberlain)
      Jota, Firmino, Origi

Then back to yesterday's starting XI for the Cup final.

I'd be surprised to see that many changes for Villa, especially that midfield, on the other hand this team has played so many games with a few days of each other, that JĆ¼rgen may feel the need to gamble with the selection for this match so that he can field a reasonably fresh and strong team for the winner-take-all vs. Chelsea.

But then it's not full rotation as Allison is still there. He's played every minute of every game since March, so if anyone is going to be the most tired, then it's obviously going to be him. If Kelleher doesn't play at least one minute in all of the next 3 games, he won't qualify for a league winners medal again, as he didn't the last time.

We have a league title to go for, until such time as it's mathematically impossible. While changes will be made, we will go with a strong line up to get the win by as many goals as we can, and to pile the pressure on City to see if they finally crack, later on in the week. We know winning the league is a long shot, but it's been a long shot since Christmas. It's just got longer now, that's all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #245: May 09, 2022 07:53:50 pm
      4 goals is not an insurmountable issue for a team with 5 forwards to call upon. Plus Southampton have a fondness for losing games 9-0 with no consequences. So if we're 4-0 up early in the second half again, we're not shutting up shop like we did the last time.

But then it's not full rotation as Allison is still there. He's played every minute of every game since March, so if anyone is going to be the most tired, then it's obviously going to be him. If Kelleher doesn't play at least one minute in all of the next 3 games, he won't qualify for a league winners medal again, as he didn't the last time.

We have a league title to go for, until such time as it's mathematically impossible. While changes will be made, we will go with a strong line up to get the win by as many goals as we can, and to pile the pressure on City to see if they finally crack, later on in the week. We know winning the league is a long shot, but it's been a long shot since Christmas. It's just got longer now, that's all.

Seriously, get to F**k you utter moron
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 37 
      Reply #246: May 09, 2022 08:01:47 pm
      We have a saying with my team here in Ireland who have not won a championship since 1951 and have lost 11 finals since 1989ā€¦ā€Keep the faithā€
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #247: May 09, 2022 08:29:42 pm

Is he on his rounds.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #248: May 09, 2022 08:58:14 pm

I need to check my early warning system its failed again.
      It appears we need to look to none other than Gary Neville for inspiration as he believes City will stumble at W.Ham and Wolves. who would have thunk it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #249: May 09, 2022 09:05:15 pm
      I need to check my early warning system its failed again.
      It appears we need to look to none other than Gary Neville for inspiration as he believes City will stumble at W.Ham and Wolves. who would have thunk it

Has he forgotten SG could spoil it before West Ham.  ;D He's also been spouting off how good TAA & Robertson are
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #250: May 09, 2022 09:23:02 pm
      Has he forgotten SG could spoil it before West Ham.  ;D He's also been spouting off how good TAA & Robertson are

I wish someone else could win it other than moaning arse and City even if it wasnt us he believes his own hype try not spending Ā£100mil on an avg EPL player or an undisclosed amount on Haaland and see how it goes there will be others in the summer all with fake money from dodgy sponsors.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #251: May 09, 2022 09:28:27 pm
      I wish someone else could win it other than moaning arse and City even if it wasnt us he believes his own hype try not spending Ā£100mil on an avg EPL player or an undisclosed amount on Haaland and see how it goes there will be others in the summer all with fake money from dodgy sponsors.

Be glad your not in  my shoes, i lose out no matter what happens.  ;D Fed up of watching both you lot! and City dominate  :f_doh: ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #252: May 09, 2022 09:55:50 pm
      Whatever happens in the league we need to go out on a high and win our remaining games to gain maximum points. We have a strong enough squad to rotate before the cup final. Besides we owe Aston Villa a beating in their own backyard after last season's shock result !

Quick Reply