Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm

Read 18229 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm
      Reply #92: May 27, 2022 09:18:12 am
      Sky doing there best to keep UTD relevant saying if we win it will not be "The Treble" well that phrase "The Treble" was invented by UTD because we had already done the treble.
      Anyhoo fitness fears seem to be subsiding this is going to be about our boys playing their best game possible and the result will take care of itself.
      Sky Sport also trying to stay relevant not having CL football asking if we fail does it mean this season is not a success what a load of bollox roll on tomorrow night when we can shut up all this noise from mostly irrelevant idiots
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #93: May 27, 2022 09:18:24 am
      You might be right but it certainly is a question. Pace of Vinicus down the right I know who I had rather have up against it 

Yep it's a toss up really. Matip will probably be a better match up for the intelligence of Benzema but Konate will be better suited to dealing with Vinicius when he gets past Trent.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #94: May 27, 2022 09:32:41 am
      Personally I feel more confident with Matip in the team, but above all else I trust Jürgen to make the right call
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #95: May 27, 2022 09:39:07 am
      Personally I feel more confident with Matip in the team, but above all else I trust Jürgen to make the right call

Jürgen will make the right call he always does but what a great position to be in and we also have Joe improving all the time too we have a fantastic squad now with no real weaknesses.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,447 posts | 1441 
      Reply #96: May 27, 2022 10:09:43 am
      Lot of talk about this Vini Jr. getting in behind when Trent goes on a sortie. Konate or Matip to help us deal with that. Think he'll go with Konate but it's close call either way.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #97: May 27, 2022 11:00:45 am
      won all 6 games in the Group stage another record just watched Nico Williams and Nat Phillips play plus Mini and Ox this squad has been used to the hilt and they all deserve a medal.
      Really really cant wait for tomorrow and knowing so many blue noses and Mancs are praying for a Real win will make No7 all the better from our 10th European Cup final.
      COYR.
      SKY still spreading sh*t about transfers of our players the day before the CL final utter F***ing sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #98: May 27, 2022 11:06:49 am
      60,000 Liverpool supporters on their way to Paris hope they all have a thousand memories to bring back with them. I dont think one Liverpool supporter will call this season anything other than epic regardless of tomorrow's result yet SKY keep on bringing nomarks out to challenge us.
      I really wish I could just pay LFC to watch all our games and not have to give SKY or BT a single penny
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #99: May 27, 2022 11:57:17 am
      Before every final I will excited to see the redmen play for silverware and the prospect to add another one to our rich history. But at the same time I’m also afraid of the kick-off and the option that we will fall short at the end. Still have the painful memories and feelings  of the CL finals of 2007 and 2018 burned in my mind. Still feel the disappointed to this day.  :-\

Nothing worse than going all the way to the final and then losing it.

Was wearing my Liverpool shirt at both finals back in 2007 and 2018, wasn’t able to wear one for 2019 (which we won) ever since for all the other cup finals we won I never wear a shirt only put it close to me.  :laugh: So hopefully putting the Liverpool shirt right next to me will do the trick again this time!

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Reply #100: May 27, 2022 12:02:05 pm
      60,000 Liverpool supporters on their way to Paris hope they all have a thousand memories to bring back with them. I dont think one Liverpool supporter will call this season anything other than epic regardless of tomorrow's result yet SKY keep on bringing nomarks out to challenge us.
      I really wish I could just pay LFC to watch all our games and not have to give SKY or BT a single penny
      They'll all be bringing back memories they'll never be able to forget, whether they be joyous, or dare I even whisper it, heartbreaking.
      I can actually feel my whole body starting to tense up.

I see Harry K. doing the talkshow circuit in the U.S.... Question one: How many trophies haven't you won?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #101: May 27, 2022 12:08:26 pm
      Sky doing there best to keep UTD relevant saying if we win it will not be "The Treble" well that phrase "The Treble" was invented by UTD because we had already done the treble.
      Anyhoo fitness fears seem to be subsiding this is going to be about our boys playing their best game possible and the result will take care of itself.
      Sky Sport also trying to stay relevant not having CL football asking if we fail does it mean this season is not a success what a load of bollox roll on tomorrow night when we can shut up all this noise from mostly irrelevant idiots

I’d take a FA Cup - League Cup & Europa Conference Cup as a treble at the moment Walt.  ;D It is arguably known that the CL -PL & FA Cup is classed as the main treble though. Just social media doing what they do best in winding fans up.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Reply #102: May 27, 2022 12:09:15 pm
      Before every final I will excited to see the redmen play for silverware and the prospect to add another one to our rich history. But at the same time I’m also afraid of the kick-off and the option that we will fall short at the end. Still have the painful memories and feelings  of the CL finals of 2007 and 2018 burned in my mind. Still feel the disappointed to this day.  :-\

Nothing worse than going all the way to the final and then losing it.

Was wearing my Liverpool shirt at both finals back in 2007 and 2018, wasn’t able to wear one for 2019 (which we won) ever since for all the other cup finals we won I never wear a shirt only put it close to me.  :laugh: So hopefully putting the Liverpool shirt right next to me will do the trick again this time!
      Painful memories are often the most difficult to shift, the more we try the more embedded the memory gets: Memory experts ( Yes they exist ) refer to it as persistence. We only hope tomorrows memories are full of joy
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Reply #103: May 27, 2022 12:14:24 pm

I’d take a FA Cup - League Cup & Europa Conference Cup as a treble at the moment Walt.  ;D It is arguably known that the CL -PL & FA Cup is classed as the main treble though. Just social media doing what they do best in winding fans up.
      It's funny how the so called "Mickey Mouse" cup is totally derided by fans till they win it, and all of a sudden it's almost the Holy Grail
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #104: May 27, 2022 12:18:58 pm
      It's funny how the so called "Mickey Mouse" cup is totally derided by fans till they win it, and all of a sudden it's almost the Holy Grail

Your 100% correct. Always has and always will I think. I’m even guilty of saying the same thing.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #105: May 27, 2022 12:20:48 pm

explain to me when it became the official Treble its just something people who support UTD came up with . ITs like saying that season was a failure because you didnt win the League Cup. It matters not a jot winning a trophy does, let the SKY idiots do their best but quite frankly not many people in Liverpool give a F**k what they think. So when did "the Treble" mean the FA Cup The league and the CL. I already know the answer though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #106: May 27, 2022 12:26:08 pm
      explain to me when it became the official Treble its just something people who support UTD came up with . ITs like saying that season was a failure because you didnt win the League Cup. It matters not a jot winning a trophy does, let the SKY idiots do their best but quite frankly not many people in Liverpool give a f**k what they think. So when did "the Treble" mean the FA Cup The league and the CL. I already know the answer though

I couldn’t explain Walt, the press make it as they go along, they all have a agenda.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #107: May 27, 2022 01:23:11 pm
      My two penneth, Sky think they invented football don't you know and the Champions league when they had it was,  in their eyes the "Holy Grail". Now BT have it they play it down and it's all about the Premier league, absolute wankers.
      And don't get me started on Martyn I love the Mancs Tyler ..........

Fcuk em.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #108: May 27, 2022 01:28:52 pm
      We’re going to smash these cu*ts...enjoy the game.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #109: May 27, 2022 01:48:52 pm

Keith my mate, you’d  take a blow job off a nun if it meant you’d achieved something this season,

as for the treble, Walton is right the Utd treble was invented by Yanited fans because they deemed it better than Liverpool’s original treble which was of course achieved first, and a extra point of oneupmanship to try to goad us with,  at the time Yanited were the top dogs and we were languishing around 5th/ 6th in the league and no where near them, bit different now ??

On Saturday we will stretch further ahead of any other British side when we win our Seventh Champions  League Title, as of Friday the eve of the match no one yet knows if or who of our injured will make the starting X1,

Signs are good that we could possibly start full strength if everyone comes thru the pre match fitness sessions including Thiago and Fabinho, shame about Divock though, he has sadly played his last game for us, so no magical swan song for the big fella this time round,

I’m fairly confident that both Fabinho and Thiago will start, we may only get 60/65 mins out of them but I’d rather have that than No mins at all, this is where the 5 sub rule benefits most, to have the quality to replace quality without too much disruption to rhythm, say Jürgen starts with Fab, Thiago & Naby, he’d obviously replace Fab with Hendo & Thiago with Milner and leave Naby lad on, then perhaps after 10 replace Naby with Bobby,

I prefer we started with our strongest rather than trying to become stronger as the game ticks by, so I’d be inclined to start with this…………

â€¦â€¦..Alisson
                                            Trent   Konate   Virgil    Robbo
                                                           Fabinho
                                                Naby lad         Thiago
                                               Salah      Mane     Diaz

Bench;  Kelleher, Matip, Kostas, Milner, Hendo, Jota, Bobby, Minamino, Jones, Gomez, Elliot

Joel Matip has been a colossus for us this campaign and Ibou has been immense for us in the CL, we’re unbeaten with Ibou so I’m sticking with the big fella next to our other big fella Virgil, but not ruling out some game time for Joel either, central midfield is key, control this area we have a great chance to grab ol big ears again, they have Modric & Kloos who are for me their string puller’s so nullify them we nullify the supply to Benzema et al,

I’m starting with arguably our best midfield trio to help us build momentum and to keep fluidity, I’d be pressing from the start and not letting them get into any sort of pattern from which they can build, I want us squeezing their 18yard box and applying the pressure and hoping cracks appear early, hopefully leads to a opener, from there we should be in control and dominating for the most part, a two goal HT lead would be ideal but I’ll be happy with a clean sheet,

What we cannot afford to be is too respectful of our opponents,they may have a better CL history than ourselves but ours is f***in damn good too, for me we are the better side both on paper and where it matters on the pitch, and looking at each of the departments we come out on top from Keeper to strikers, only in experience do we fall short but then, this will be our third final in 5 so as far as experience is confident we’re right up there too,

I think as fans collectively we took a bit of a slap in the chops last weekend, as as expected City took it by one single point, and that is the only difference between us and those deemed the best team in the world yet can’t conquer in Europe, but we have conquered in Europe Six f***in times and on the periphery of Seven, just take that in for a second or two, go on, say it, say it out loud, say it out loud sat in your armchair, say it out loud in the queue at Tesco, say it out loud sat having a sh*t, say it out load sat in a fully loaded bus or train  and shout it out loud and f***in proud in yer local,

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1984, 2005, 2019….2022?

And on Sunday when Jürgen and the boys do their Victory Parade sing it even louder & Prouder, and show the plastic ‘think they have history’ and ‘We’ll just buy it’  lot what winning and celebrating is all about and what it actually means to everyone associated with this absolutely fantastic  institution, the passion, the tears, the happiness, the joy, the elation of being a part of the same unit, where everyone has contributed their part so they can justify the rewards at the end of the day, and that day is Sunday, where everyone is invited to the party, to celebrate for me probably our best ever Season.

Well done Jürgen, Pep, Pete, and all the staff, all the players, the back room heroes, the tea ladies , ground staff etc, Thank You all for a unforgettable Season .

YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #110: May 27, 2022 02:00:39 pm

Keith my mate, you’d  take a blow job off a nun if it meant you’d achieved something this season,

as for the treble, Walton is right the Utd treble was invented by Yanited fans because they deemed it better than Liverpool’s original treble which was of course achieved first, and a extra point of oneupmanship to try to goad us with,  at the time Yanited were the top dogs and we were languishing around 5th/ 6th in the league and no where near them, bit different now ??

YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      I’d probably take one off a whore let alone a nun mate.  :lmao:
      Nothing wrong with us saying our treble better than yours anyway ( coz it is  ;D ) It’s what any rival fan would say.  ;D

Ps. Bought a Madrid shirt for Saturday.  :f_whistle:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #111: May 27, 2022 03:07:00 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #112: May 27, 2022 03:33:39 pm
      Thiago on the plane and fit for game .
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #113: May 27, 2022 03:35:42 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #114: May 27, 2022 04:14:52 pm
      We will score for sure. The high line scares the sh*t out of me though

2-1 for the Redmen.

Quick Reply