Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 28058 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #138: Jun 10, 2022 01:30:39 pm
      So heā€™s gone from having a decent game against you to dismantling you.  ;D Wouldnā€™t be by any chance thatā€™s because it looks like heā€™s joining you lot! would it.  :lmao:

Nope I said it at the time too

I will say we play a very high line and that played to his  strengths, so his performance can be a bit mis leading but he seems perfect to take the mantle
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #139: Jun 10, 2022 01:39:30 pm
      Fabrizio Romano reporting that we have submitted a bid of ā‚¬80m (Ā£67m) and that discussions are ongoing re add-ons.

Few other less reliable sources suggesting personal terms already agreed. Either way, looks to be a matter of time.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #140: Jun 10, 2022 03:03:47 pm
       He is ours

it's only a matter of when

be patient lads

8)

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #141: Jun 10, 2022 03:08:05 pm
      Fabrizio Romano reporting that we have submitted a bid of ā‚¬80m (Ā£67m) and that discussions are ongoing re add-ons.

Few other less reliable sources suggesting personal terms already agreed. Either way, looks to be a matter of time.

Romano is a tap in merchant. He'll say the same thing 15 times in a day just changing words around to generate clicks and reads. He's only saying this because other sources have basically said it's a done deal. Sounds like LFC are just waiting for Benfica to go ahead and give them the ok to announce it. As if United every had a F***ing chance. Joke of a club.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      TKO94
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 21 
      Reply #143: Jun 10, 2022 03:26:00 pm
      Hey everyone, I'm someone who's followed Benfica very closely over these last couple of years and thus wanted to provide some insight into Darwin Nunez. Iā€™ve tried to cover every single aspect about him that I possibly could from his strengths and weaknesses to what heā€™s like as a character off the pitch. I think its pivotal supporters have some context behind his numbers/statistics and ignore criticism about things like his first touch and hold up play from folk who havenā€™t watched a Benfica game all season. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have in mind, cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wF2LymNVU

PS: I posted this on Liverpool's subreddit page and several members recommended I share it here as well! I made a seperate thread but wasn't sure of the rules here so wanted to write on here too.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #144: Jun 10, 2022 07:11:38 pm
      Watching some clips and he looks to me surprisingly similar in style to Haaland. A great physical presence; height, aerial ability, strength and speed. A little raw and unorthodox, not the most technically gifted but knows where the net is. Haaland been doing it for longer and arguably at a better level but honestly look at some clips of them both, very similar.

Maybe the chap above might be able to give his thoughts on it as he knows his stuff and clearly watches a lot of the lad.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #145: Jun 10, 2022 07:39:17 pm
      Uruguayan lad but I'm getting more Torres vibes than Luis.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #146: Jun 10, 2022 09:05:46 pm
      Zlatan  ;D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #147: Jun 10, 2022 10:31:17 pm
      I actually was one of those that wanted to give Karius another chance... (not sure I should openly admit this) :roll: :roll: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Upvoted you for honesty. I couldn't believe the number of people on here that wanted to give Karius another season!

I'm usually pretty good about showing faith in players who are struggling, but Karius (and Moreno) I just drew the line at.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #148: Jun 10, 2022 10:43:41 pm
      Romano is a tap in merchant. He'll say the same thing 15 times in a day just changing words around to generate clicks and reads. He's only saying this because other sources have basically said it's a done deal. Sounds like LFC are just waiting for Benfica to go ahead and give them the ok to announce it. As if United every had a f**king chance. Joke of a club.

Nah he's class Romano
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #149: Jun 10, 2022 10:57:14 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Reply #150: Jun 10, 2022 11:43:29 pm
      Get them fookin plane trackers out 
      Jimsouse67

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #151: Jun 11, 2022 07:11:39 am
      Get them fookin plane trackers out
      Nah the Babbel copter we need
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #152: Jun 11, 2022 08:12:35 am
      Dunno about you guys but Iā€™ve got a feeling this fella is the real deal, I remember when Robbo was emerging as a possible and a few were scratching their heads thinking a Scottish LB from Hull ??

I think Stuey posted asking what he was like, I had seen him before and was impressed so when he was linked I was excited and thought he was ideal, I think this fella is the same, not too much known about him but that will change in due course,

He does have similarities with Haaland but weā€™ll obviously see if thatā€™s true in the coming months, but the vibes are encouraging that yet another rabbit has been pulled from JĆ¼rgenā€™s magical hat, just remember JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t sign sh*te players, they have to fit, like a jigsaw, have a good solid grounding and have a stable upbringing alongside his obvious talents, good game management and intelligence and be willing to run thru brick walls, out of all the players who have come to us since JĆ¼rgen took the helm I think only Karius hasnā€™t made it, canā€™t think of anyone else, so yea, Iā€™m confident Darwin will shine and become our new superstar.

Can you hear the Kop alreadyā€¦.ā€Na na na na na Nan na, na na na na Nan na Darwin Nunezā€ā€¦.same as that other Uruguayan we had, hope he doesnā€™t bite  :f_tongueincheek:

Welcome to Anfield Darwin, your joining the best football club & family this side of the Andromeda Galaxy.

Y  N  W  A
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2022 08:18:01 am by billythered »
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #153: Jun 11, 2022 12:41:24 pm
      According to reports in Uruguay: "Darwin NĆŗƱez will not be part of the game in the farewell match of the Uruguayan team against a Panamanian team that will take place this Saturday at 5:00 p.m. at the Centenario Stadium.

"Nunez, who will be confirmed in hours as a new English Liverpool player, will be preserved in this match that will not be so important from the collective point of view and it will be sought that there is no setback for that to materialize.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-live-darwin-nunez-24198549.amp

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #154: Jun 11, 2022 01:20:00 pm
      Dunno about you guys but Iā€™ve got a feeling this fella is the real deal, I remember when Robbo was emerging as a possible and a few were scratching their heads thinking a Scottish LB from Hull ??

I think Stuey posted asking what he was like, I had seen him before and was impressed so when he was linked I was excited and thought he was ideal, I think this fella is the same, not too much known about him but that will change in due course,

He does have similarities with Haaland but weā€™ll obviously see if thatā€™s true in the coming months, but the vibes are encouraging that yet another rabbit has been pulled from JĆ¼rgenā€™s magical hat, just remember JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t sign sh*te players, they have to fit, like a jigsaw, have a good solid grounding and have a stable upbringing alongside his obvious talents, good game management and intelligence and be willing to run thru brick walls, out of all the players who have come to us since JĆ¼rgen took the helm I think only Karius hasnā€™t made it, canā€™t think of anyone else, so yea, Iā€™m confident Darwin will shine and become our new superstar.

Can you hear the Kop alreadyā€¦.ā€Na na na na na Nan na, na na na na Nan na Darwin Nunezā€ā€¦.same as that other Uruguayan we had, hope he doesnā€™t bite  :f_tongueincheek:

Welcome to Anfield Darwin, your joining the best football club & family this side of the Andromeda Galaxy.

Y  N  W  A

As you say Billy Darwin does look like the real deal, he's fast and can see opportunities before defenders latch on.
      Apparently the lad has told family and friends he will be wearing an LFC shirt soon.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #155: Jun 11, 2022 03:45:29 pm

Not official until we see him doing the medical or in a LFC shirt but I guess its a pretty good sign.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #156: Jun 11, 2022 03:59:07 pm

Encouraging news. I'm actually surprised by how public this transfer has been, which is not often the case with us. When we got Diaz in January i went to bed the night before without any idea about a potential move then woke up the next morning to it being finalized.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #157: Jun 11, 2022 04:29:59 pm
      Encouraging news. I'm actually surprised by how public this transfer has been, which is not often the case with us. When we got Diaz in January i went to bed the night before without any idea about a potential move then woke up the next morning to it being finalized.
      I noticed that too. I also noticed that it is not consistent. Sometimes we do a transfer and nobody hears of it until the player is showing up for his medical (Diaz or Fabinho come to mind) and sometimes its very publicized from beginning to end (Thiago or Carvalho come to mind). Unfortunately I think that its the type of things where you need both parties to be airtight if you want it to stay under the radar until the business is completed. When I say ''airtight'' I dont necessarily mean just the clubs but also the agent of the player, the player himself and his entourage.

In this specific case I noticed that most of the updates came from Portugal. Even the English reporters who tweeted or wrote about it were mostly quoting Portuguese sources. My guess is that Benfica as a club was not very ''low key'' about the whole thing from the very beginning. I doubt its Nunez's agent since he has the same agents Jota and Fabinho have and those were two of the quietest transfers we completed in recent memories. For both Jota and Fabinho we practically learned it from the club's official page (I think Pearce and Joyce tweeted about Jota like an hour before we saw the official picture on the LFC account. I'm not a journalist but I think this looks like a pass from the club to them more than them having actually uncovered the story). 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #158: Jun 11, 2022 05:15:14 pm
      The player has stated on more than one occasion that he will only play for LFC when he leaves Benfica, there is no reason for secrecy or  the deal being hijacked.
      It is really just a matter of process now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #159: Jun 11, 2022 06:03:39 pm
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1102 
      Reply #160: Jun 11, 2022 06:07:28 pm

There we go then. It must be close if he's out there. Maybe the medical will be done out there too. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply