Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Premier League: 2022-2023

Read 82553 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,363 posts | 1637 
      Re: Premier League: 2022-2023
      Reply #1127: Apr 03, 2023 11:17:43 pm
      OK he is a w**ker of the highest order
      The way he acted last week in that England game after being struck in the chest by the ball , was utterly pathetic thdd es way he crawled back on the pitch , ffs there just no shame in these footballers  , something surely has to be done about this feigning injury malarkey itā€™s a blight on the game and thereā€™s no bigger culprit than that horrible festering c**t Kane , and just because heā€™s Englands captain the press give him a free ride utterly pathetic .
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1128: Apr 04, 2023 09:17:55 am
      The way he acted last week in that England game after being struck in the chest by the ball , was utterly pathetic thdd es way he crawled back on the pitch , ffs there just no shame in these footballers  , something surely has to be done about this feigning injury malarkey itā€™s a blight on the game and thereā€™s no bigger culprit than that horrible festering c**t Kane , and just because heā€™s Englands captain the press give him a free ride utterly pathetic .

I didnā€™t see the England incident, what happened?
      I never liked him. Heā€™s always dived but also he did that crouching down thing when the ball was in the air so the opponent would spin over him and land head first.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #1129: Apr 05, 2023 01:00:12 pm
      I think Brighton going to sneak 4th place plus they still have 2 games in hand
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,398 posts | 788 
      Reply #1130: Apr 05, 2023 02:37:34 pm
      FA want to extend the 8 match ban for Mitrovic.  in my opinion 8 games already more than enough...F**ksake if a Utd. player pushed the ref he wouldn't have even got booked.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #1131: Apr 05, 2023 02:38:32 pm
      FA want to extend the 8 match ban for Mitrovic.  in my opinion 8 games already more than enough...F**ksake if a Utd. player pushed the ref he wouldn't have even got booked.

If?

Bruno would like a word with you!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2744 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1132: Apr 05, 2023 05:36:41 pm

Itā€™s far too many for what it was. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø 4/5 games is more than enough.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #1133: Apr 05, 2023 09:48:12 pm
      Newcastle after a little blip have found top form at the perfect time. Hard to see anything but the current top four being there at the end of the season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1134: Apr 08, 2023 05:05:19 pm
      Newcastle after a little blip have found top form at the perfect time. Hard to see anything but the current top four being there at the end of the season.

Yeah hopefully spurs donā€™t get in.
      Relegation is still interesting.
      Our race for 7th looks a little better with Brighton dropping points
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,869 posts | 165 
      Reply #1135: Apr 08, 2023 05:48:37 pm
      Forest doing their best to keep the blueshite up
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #1136: Apr 08, 2023 07:31:54 pm
      Not that bloody conference please....
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #1137: Apr 09, 2023 11:12:31 am

Paulo DiCanio got an 11 game ban for pushing the ref when playing  for Sheffield Wednesday. That was possibly a bit worse as the ref fell over in a comedic way.
      I used to like DiCanio, always played with passion and refused the opportunity to score when the keeper was injured, the ref had not blown the whistle. Then he turns out to be a fascist.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #1138: Apr 09, 2023 11:17:35 am
      I think any vague hopes that we can get top 4 are gone after the United and Newcastle performances. We need to win every game (not going to happen) and expect 1 of those teams to drop 10 or 11 points in 9 games.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2023 12:28:43 pm by gazred »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #1139: Apr 13, 2023 10:42:48 pm
      Quote from UncleBob
      Didnā€™t say it didnā€™t make me happy. Iā€™m just not as bothered as I used to be.
      Itā€™s not that I have ā€˜moved onā€™ as such, but once Chelsea came along with all that money it put me off. Soon after my kids came along and I had less time.
      Then Man City came along and I was even more put off.
      I donā€™t feel as attached to the sport anymore. Winning doesnā€™t give me the same buzz.

When we beat united 4-0 in 1990 football was pretty much everything in my life (along with my mates). Iā€™d go down the sports club after the game and opponent players would sometimes pop in and you could get their autograph. I got barnes, Gillespie and brucie. Paul McGrath and Gary pallister. I even got mark walters autograph once! Nowadays you are lucky if the players wave at you as they speed away in their half a million quid cars.

So yeah, Iā€™m not fussed if we make top 4. My weekends are usually busy now anyway. If united win the league next season, I would be happy for Keith (and the chap who works at my local Tesco who talks football) but I wouldnā€™t lose sleep over it.

Iā€™d rather go to the cinema nowadays than watch football. If itā€™s a big game Iā€™ll record it and watch it later but otherwise I tend not to bother.

Football is an entertainment. Like the weekly new episode of Mandalorian or whatever. The community aspect has long gone bar the yearly visit to the hospital the players make for a photo shoot. Itā€™s clubs owned by billionaires with a team full of millionaires. Like Hollywood I canā€™t really relate to it.

Yes you can relate to it. You're here a long time, and you're not afraid to tell us what we're doing right and where there's room for improvement, after practically every single game. And you're also in this thread discussing the league in general. So I don't believe all that nonsense.

I don't want the mancs to win the league, ever. And soon, I'll be celebrating here their decade long quest for it, as much as the locals here celebrate Everton's lack of success in the past 3 decades. The difference of course that you don't expect them to win anything, whereas the Hillsborough singers demand trophies because they're delusional enough to assume that despite their lack of success in that time, they support the biggest club in their world.

Football is a results business, whether the players earn 2 quid or 200k a week, whether the club is run by an oligarch or Ollie from Garston, and it's results that determine everyone's reaction and mood here after games. Nobody was whinging about the sport's issues last year when we were going for 4 trophies because we were getting results, and anyone who dared to raise any questions at all was soon put in their place. Now we're struggling to get European football this year, and everyone here has something to say about it, so things like not enjoying winning big games 7-0 and players not signing autographs is now an issue for people.

It's true that as time goes on, priorities do change as responsibilities increase. But if you want the game to remain exactly as it was when we won 4-0 in 1990, well unfortunately that's not how the sport, or life in general works. It evolves over time, and you either adapt to the new way of doing things or you do something else. I also remember queueing up in the Holiday Inn to get player autographs, with varying success. Now for blindingly obvious reasons, it's not done anymore. But the world moves on, and fans have to move on with it.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1140: Apr 15, 2023 01:31:33 pm
      Yes you can relate to it. You're here a long time, and you're not afraid to tell us what we're doing right and where there's room for improvement, after practically every single game. And you're also in this thread discussing the league in general. So I don't believe all that nonsense.

I don't want the mancs to win the league, ever. And soon, I'll be celebrating here their decade long quest for it, as much as the locals here celebrate Everton's lack of success in the past 3 decades. The difference of course that you don't expect them to win anything, whereas the Hillsborough singers demand trophies because they're delusional enough to assume that despite their lack of success in that time, they support the biggest club in their world.

Football is a results business, whether the players earn 2 quid or 200k a week, whether the club is run by an oligarch or Ollie from Garston, and it's results that determine everyone's reaction and mood here after games. Nobody was whinging about the sport's issues last year when we were going for 4 trophies because we were getting results, and anyone who dared to raise any questions at all was soon put in their place. Now we're struggling to get European football this year, and everyone here has something to say about it, so things like not enjoying winning big games 7-0 and players not signing autographs is now an issue for people.

It's true that as time goes on, priorities do change as responsibilities increase. But if you want the game to remain exactly as it was when we won 4-0 in 1990, well unfortunately that's not how the sport, or life in general works. It evolves over time, and you either adapt to the new way of doing things or you do something else. I also remember queueing up in the Holiday Inn to get player autographs, with varying success. Now for blindingly obvious reasons, it's not done anymore. But the world moves on, and fans have to move on with it.

I can relate to it as much as I can with star wars when I talk about that. Itā€™s a bit of chat.
      Iā€™m not on social media so I have three forum I go on. This is one of them.

And you can ask Keith, iv been moaning about the sport a lot longer than this season.

The way the sport is run now is disgusting. Iā€™m not going to spend my money or emotions on it like I used to. I have an interest in it as football used to be massive in my life but I canā€™t relate to it.

Even the fans have changed. The bitterness now is pretty much between every team. Itā€™s an angry sport. Fuelled by greed.

I genuinely couldnā€™t give a monkeys if we win lose or draw. I enjoy analysing league tables though. Relegation issues in all the leagues are interesting at this time of season.

And I did try and deactivate this account actually. But I couldnā€™t figure out how. I was going to expose myself to get banned but then realised the vast majority of posters on here rely on my wit and intellect to just abandon them now.

But if I can work out how to deactivate, I will. Iā€™ll say bye to Keith and a couple of others and thatā€™ll be that. The only thread I will truly miss is the match thread as I use that instead of watching the bbc feed.

Every other thread just seems to be the same posters arguing the same points.

As for my lifeā€™s priorities, sure they have changed. But I was going off football long before I had kids.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,828 posts | 475 
      Reply #1141: Apr 15, 2023 01:58:29 pm
      Wow, Villa playing great football lately. I wonder why that team didnā€™t play for Stevie G?

I honestly feel the Scottish league was more in line for Gerrard. Donā€™t think he will ever be a great PL manager like he was as a player, and thatā€™s ok. Nothing wrong with that.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #1142: Apr 15, 2023 01:59:25 pm
      I think any vague hopes that we can get top 4 are gone after the United and Newcastle performances. We need to win every game (not going to happen) and expect 1 of those teams to drop 10 or 11 points in 9 games.

Well one dropping 3 by the look of it fully expect Forest to get something off United as well
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1143: Apr 15, 2023 02:02:58 pm
      Wow, Villa playing great football lately. I wonder why that team didnā€™t play for Stevie G?

I honestly feel the Scottish league was more in line for Gerrard. Donā€™t think he will ever be a great PL manager like he was as a player, and thatā€™s ok. Nothing wrong with that.

Emery is the best manager they've ever had (in my lifetime at least)

I think Gerrard had an excellent setup at Rangers - particularly with Beale as his assistant. Allowed Gerrard to act as a figure head type manager (he isn't a coach). When he went to Villa, he had Critchley as his assistant. No disrespect to Critchley, but he was no Beale. And it showed.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,828 posts | 475 
      Reply #1144: Apr 15, 2023 02:05:53 pm
      Emery is the best manager they've ever had (in my lifetime at least)

I think Gerrard had an excellent setup at Rangers - particularly with Beale as his assistant. Allowed Gerrard to act as a figure head type manager (he isn't a coach). When he went to Villa, he had Critchley as his assistant. No disrespect to Critchley, but he was no Beale. And it showed.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #1145: Apr 15, 2023 02:27:14 pm
      If we would have been half as sh*t this season we surely would be able to take one of the CL spots from United or Newcastle

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1146: Apr 15, 2023 04:19:50 pm
      Looking unlikely we will finish top 7 at this rate!
      Relegation getting spicy though. Few teams beginning to pull away
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #1147: Apr 15, 2023 04:31:59 pm
      Sucks how good Brighton have been this season. Almost 70% possession away to Chelsea and 23 goal attempts and are now leading.  Can't see us finishing ahead of them this season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1148: Apr 15, 2023 04:37:53 pm
      Sucks how good Brighton have been this season. Almost 70% possession away to Chelsea and 23 goal attempts and are now leading.  Can't see us finishing ahead of them this season.

We have to win on Monday reallyā€¦.
      Otherwise 8th is our best position which is embarrassing!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,828 posts | 475 
      Reply #1149: Apr 15, 2023 05:23:27 pm
      Anyone think EFC going down? I hope so, but they always seem to escape relegation. Them going down would ā€œkind ofā€ make me feel a little bit better about this season we have all endured.

Quick Reply