Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      24 (38.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (52.4%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (6.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2022 04:54:49 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17628 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Oct 01, 2022 05:10:05 pm
      Every team in the country knows to attack our right side and you have a good chance of winning the game, yet we are not doing anything about it and simply saying Trent is a great defender? Not going to work.

The whole team was a sh*t show today tbf but f**k me Trent looked championship-level and still managed to finish the 90.

Milner had no place being on the pitch, like why was he needed? Henderson was actually improving in the second half and then got hooked, some poor choices from the gaffer today with his subs.

We are in a battle for top four and our best bet at silverware this season is probably the domestic cups. In the CL anything can happen and I always have hope, but we would need to really step it up.

Klopp seems a shadow of himself. The decision making this season has been WILD. Milner playing just blew me away. His comment to be players, albeit admirable, is a huge down fall for him. He just can't seem to tell some hard truths about players he seems close with. Milner may be the worst player in the prem this season, and that's saying lot. He also sits Robbo regularly, but insist on playing TAA, even though one guy's comment is through the roof and the other gets questioned all the time. TAA is not a top RB atm, bench him. Send a message.

I'm on record here saying its better to let a player go a year too early rather than a year too late. We have about 3 or 4 guys who just don't cut the mustard, and somehow they keep making the match day squad. Damn shame.

Arsenal and City next. FML
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #369: Oct 01, 2022 05:10:11 pm
      absolutely terrified of going to arsenal next week. imagine saying that back in July......
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #370: Oct 01, 2022 05:12:27 pm
      I've never been in favour of playing Trent in midfield but his defending is a nightmare at the moment but would playing TAA in midfield be any worse than constantly relying on Milner ?

Yes, because as of right now Trent's head is in cuckoo land, he would get caught on the ball way too much in midfield I reckon.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7154 
      Reply #371: Oct 01, 2022 05:13:06 pm
      He was playing like this before the break

and your point ?/? Southgate has been off with Trent for a few seasons.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #372: Oct 01, 2022 05:13:24 pm
      As much as I love him it's time to push Trent up a bit. Head's all over the place.

Know f**k all about Ramsey but from a few of our Scottish posters he sounds more than capable to fill in.

We'd get more goals from midfield I reckon..
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #373: Oct 01, 2022 05:13:53 pm
      Level with Everton on points now.

My God that is so depressing, couldn’t watch as I was out with my daughters, we couldn’t believe what we were reading online!
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #374: Oct 01, 2022 05:14:10 pm
      Next week is Martinelli vs Trent
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 115 
      Reply #375: Oct 01, 2022 05:14:56 pm
      I am normally a positive glass half full sort of person but I'm beginning to see cracks in JK's  system. All our opposition appear to have now mastered defending against his system but he seems unwilling or unable to change it. Players have dipped massively in form but continue to be picked. I've argued for decades that German teams were beatable when you knocked them off plan A as they they never (due to Teutonic arrogance) had a plan B. I'm beginning to fear that Jürgen has this in his DNA. Not just tactically but with players as well. He needs to have a long look at himself in the mirror. I now hate myself for writing this.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #376: Oct 01, 2022 05:15:17 pm
      Salah and Trent need to be stepped down. We literally played three games all of last month and yet it's like they all ran a marathon this morning. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes but it can't be a happy and united dressing room.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #377: Oct 01, 2022 05:15:33 pm
      Managed to get a point against Brighton at home. What a result.

Players will be delighted with that and we'll see their cheerful faces when they get to play kickabout at training..
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #378: Oct 01, 2022 05:16:02 pm
      Yes, because as of right now Trent's head is in cuckoo land, he would get caught on the ball way too much in midfield I reckon.

OK, upfront then  8)
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 80 
      Reply #379: Oct 01, 2022 05:16:34 pm
      Held 'em to just 3

:action-smiley-035:

:champ:

:ernaehrung004:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,474 posts | 2861 
      Reply #380: Oct 01, 2022 05:23:42 pm
      The issue is there's just so much wrong right now it's hard to see us turning it around all in a short space of time.

We've got players horrifically out of form. Van Dijk, Trent, Fabinho and Salah are all having their worst periods of form since signing all at exactly the same time.

We've got players playing more than they should - I completely get why we re-signed Milner as it's clear he has a big role off the pitch but he shouldn't be getting the PL minutes he is. Similarly I think Hendo should be playing those 'Milner minutes', seeing out a game etc. and not starting as regularly as he is as he's clearly in decline.

We've got some issues with the system at the moment as well. Yes Trent is out of form but I don't think he's being helped by their weird midfield/fullback hybrid role he's being asked to play. We're not pressing with the intensity from before but we're not compensating for that by dropping off a bit deeper so it's getting incredibly easy to play through us.

And to add to that we've spent 80m on a striker and I don't think we're exactly sure what we want to do with him.

Lot of issues to address and with the games coming so quickly I get the feeling the damage will be done by the time we sort ourselves out.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,617 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #381: Oct 01, 2022 05:23:50 pm
      We’re in a lot of trouble, there is just no connection between the players at all.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7154 
      Reply #382: Oct 01, 2022 05:24:34 pm
      there is clearly an underlying problem with this squad Salah is firing blanks despite getting what he asked for financially basically he stinks this season. A player comes to Anfield and scores a hatrick WTF now even our defensive record is falling apart. This squad as it stands is in need of a major overhaul its lost it desire and its drive to win
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #383: Oct 01, 2022 05:25:33 pm
      I did not see the game, but it seems we are let down by the defence ! Need to up our game especially against Arsenal who are in fine form. Although scoring goals, appear to be disjointed, especially in midfield and at the back.
      I would have thought Nunez needs more playing time, on the pitch.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #384: Oct 01, 2022 05:26:44 pm
      Next week is Martinelli vs Trent

Jesus Christmas
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,617 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #385: Oct 01, 2022 05:28:13 pm
      We are Banter FC right now and it sucks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,101 posts | 2129 
      Reply #386: Oct 01, 2022 05:29:09 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,101 posts | 2129 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #387: Oct 01, 2022 05:31:52 pm
      Get innnnnnn

F***ing approve my posts we're winning you scrooges

As if this thread couldn't get any worse...this thing re-appears.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #388: Oct 01, 2022 05:32:45 pm
      As good as Milly has been , there comes a time when it’s time , we’ll I’m afraid that time has come and gone , to be getting the minutes in this team that he is being afforded, shows everything that is wrong with the squad atm, there simply is no spark and you look around the squad and you struggle to find one player atm who can provide it , while the first couple of seasons under Klopp our  recruitment was excellent, the last two seasons it’s been woefully inadequate, to a level where a 38 year old is strutting his stuff al be it not very good .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #389: Oct 01, 2022 05:35:36 pm
      Score three goals at home and still can’t win a game, sign a right back who is injured and still not played, bought a forward who cost a bomb and doesn’t play, what’s going on
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #390: Oct 01, 2022 05:37:30 pm
      Salah and Trent are so off form but still playing every game

Quick Reply