Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 112034 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #115: Nov 07, 2022 06:37:46 pm
      Definitely think if anyone with enough money comes along they'll sell the whole club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #116: Nov 07, 2022 06:38:27 pm
      No just showing there true colours brown nose

What are these ā€œtrue coloursā€ ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #117: Nov 07, 2022 06:39:17 pm
      Yes the club has spent better than other clubs but for only one reason Kloppā€¦so why not back him

He does get backed 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Why do people keep trotting out this falsehood that Klopp isnā€™t backed ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Nov 07, 2022 06:40:39 pm
      The owners have fu**ed us over at a time when Klopp has won everything the owners wonā€™t back Klopp. I canā€™t see the being any investment in January, so where dose that leave Klopp

Looking like it but thatā€™s the yanks for you isnā€™t it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #119: Nov 07, 2022 06:41:26 pm
      Finding the right type of owners for the club is not always easy, aIthough that would be of little concern to FSG if they made a decent profit. Sometimes it is better the devil you know, so the saying goes !
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #120: Nov 07, 2022 06:44:41 pm
      Definitely think if anyone with enough money comes along they'll sell the whole club

This all day. They don't want to look desperate to sell. They want top price. But they want out ASAP whilst the going is still somewhat good.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #121: Nov 07, 2022 06:44:46 pm

Yep I agree. Last time something similar was said the words the club is not for sale used not so this time.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #122: Nov 07, 2022 06:46:22 pm
      What are these ā€œtrue coloursā€ ?

They arenā€™t the great owners you portray, they are a bunch of profiteering Yanks who at the first sign of trouble F**k off..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #123: Nov 07, 2022 06:48:20 pm
      This all day. They don't want to look desperate to sell. They want top price. But they want out ASAP whilst the going is still somewhat good.

Too right the first time the is trouble especially if god forbid Klopp goes
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #124: Nov 07, 2022 06:49:18 pm

They arenā€™t the great owners you portray, they are a bunch of profiteering Yanks who at the first sign of trouble f**k off..

ā€œFirst sign of troubleā€ ? Where is the trouble ?

So they spend 12 years building up the club and if they decide to sell then itā€™s just ā€œprofiteeringā€ ?

They canā€™t win then can they ? If they hang around people like you will do nothing but slag them off - sell up and they get slagged off as well 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #125: Nov 07, 2022 06:51:56 pm

They arenā€™t the great owners you portray, they are a bunch of profiteering Yanks who at the first sign of trouble f**k off..

they are clearly exceptional business men who have put Liverpool into a position to be sold with the Ground almost complete and the squad looking like it will need major injection of cash in the next 3 or so years so cash in now. IMHO opinion they have always had an eye on selling LFC as soon as the right offer came .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #126: Nov 07, 2022 06:55:05 pm
      bla bla bla money money money that should be your national anthem because thats all that matters they came here to make money nothing more when and if they go they wont look back for one minute. you keep on telling us here how our game and club should be run.
      How the f**k would you know anything about the soul of the club that is f**king hilarious .
      Wonder how the soul of the club looke dlike when they tried to bring on the super league or trademark the Liver birds or Furlough staff FSG are SOULESS money is their only God. the question I asked from day one is what are they doing here they dont like football and dont like the City of Liverpool but they do love money and they are about to make a killing ath the clubs expense
      w**ker.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #127: Nov 07, 2022 06:56:10 pm

I'm no FSG fan but what the f**k are you on about? First sign of trouble? So this is the first sign of trouble? Not the Brendan years? FFS some of you know f**k all about f**k all. :D
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #128: Nov 07, 2022 06:58:00 pm
      We know money talks, especially with the Sheiks. If they offered FSG ( example) 5 billion which we know is pocket change to them would you be for or against it given the problems they bring with what goes on off the pitch?

As I've said Keith .... I don't want saudi's here. Shanks built this club ... if anyone is seriously happy with our club being in the hands of sportswashers then I think that says alot about them.

I want Liverpool to win .... but not funded by blood stained Saudi money. The real world is more important to me than that. What we stand for and what someone like shanks stood for is more important. Fans of clubs like Newcastle and City ... they will let's the Saudis run their own mother over as long as they keep pumping the cash in and breaking the rules. I'd like to think we're better than that and what this club stands for is worth more. They should never be allowed near our club and if there was any hint of it shame on fsg and I'd expect a backlash and a protest to stop it. People might not believe me ... I watched my first game in 1982. I'd turn the lights out on this if Saudis owned our club. It wouldn't be my club anymore.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #129: Nov 07, 2022 06:59:28 pm
      If they are only in it for the money (maybe they are). Then who pray tell will buy us and won't be in it for the money?

So what kind of owners do we want? Sentimental ones that care about running the club right, unsentimental ones that just pump money in year in and year out? Something else? Be interested to hear what people's opinions are of who they want running the club. Most on here are talking out of their ass and mouth simultaneously which is quite a feat.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #130: Nov 07, 2022 07:00:01 pm

Takes one to call one!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #131: Nov 07, 2022 07:00:08 pm
      Dont know what to think about this. Im guilty of slagging them off for not investing into the squad as much as i would like to see, but they arent half as bad as some people here say they are imo. So mixed feelings here :|
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #132: Nov 07, 2022 07:00:51 pm
      I'm no FSG fan but what the f**k are you on about? First sign of trouble? So this is the first sign of trouble? Not the Brendan years? FFS some of you know f**k all about f**k all. :D

Give over ... during the brendan years we were utter sh*te and if they'd sold up then they would have not made much profit on 300m. Who appointed Brendan by the way? Who dragged the king all the way to Boston just to sack him? I can't be arsed reeling off the rest of the fsg rapsheet. Cowboys propped up by JĆ¼rgen Klopp.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #133: Nov 07, 2022 07:01:45 pm
      Give over ... during the brendan years we were utter sh*te and if they'd sold up then they would have not made much profit on 300m. Who appointed Brendan by the way? Who dragged the king all the way to Boston just to sack him? I can't be arsed reeling off the rest of the fsg rapsheet. Cowboys propped up by JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

And just when I thought you were talking some sense........
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #134: Nov 07, 2022 07:02:00 pm

20/21 - Net spend of Ā£60mil
      21/22 - Net spend of Ā£50mil
      22/23 - so far net spend of just over Ā£10mil

Just not sure those figures for 20/21 and 21/22 are correct
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #135: Nov 07, 2022 07:02:03 pm

Your right not the first sign of trouble forgot price increases, furlough and ESL
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #136: Nov 07, 2022 07:06:30 pm
      If they do sell the club there itā€™s just three types of owners

1. The oil state

2. The consortium of rich investors

3. The single billionaire

The first imo should never be allowed to own the club , we are not and never should be a vehicle for Middle East sportswashing - Klopp imo would walk the minute they bought the club

The second one - not much different to what we have now , apparently Chelsea have a load of debt now after their deal with Boehly , I worry that there would be too many cooks stirring the pot and investors will want to see money returned

The third - someone like Ambani , Radcliffe etc could look to buy the club but wouldnā€™t be the type to just fund huge amounts but could provide money when crucial- they are prob the closet to a decent owner but how many would be willing to spend that level of money
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #137: Nov 07, 2022 07:06:36 pm
      As I've said Keith .... I don't want saudi's here. Shanks built this club ... if anyone is seriously happy with our club being in the hands of sportswashers then I think that says alot about them.

I want Liverpool to win .... but not funded by blood stained Saudi money. The real world is more important to me than that. What we stand for and what someone like shanks stood for is more important. Fans of clubs like Newcastle and City ... they will let's the Saudis run their own mother over as long as they keep pumping the cash in and breaking the rules. I'd like to think we're better than that and what this club stands for is worth more. They should never be allowed near our club and if there was any hint of it shame on fsg and I'd expect a backlash and a protest to stop it. People might not believe me ... I watched my first game in 1982. I'd turn the lights out on this if Saudis owned our club. It wouldn't be my club anymore.

Like Iā€™ve said many times i have nothing but respect for those that think like you. Sports washing is a going concern and thatā€™s exactly what it is, a going concern so isnā€™t going away is it.

I really donā€™t know what the answer is because unless we compete with them then we become the also rans.  Hate the way football is going. Glad Iā€™ve already had my great years but feel sorry for those coming into it.

Quick Reply