Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 104443 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #92: Nov 07, 2022 05:48:41 pm
      So the owners maybe are doing what you want and you’re still crying like a child 🤷‍♂️

Your definition of invested is different from everyone else.

Every other club invest by buying players, we are a global giant yet can’t even compete with the likes of Wolves 🤷‍♂️

NitoLF
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #93: Nov 07, 2022 05:48:41 pm
      Throughout the internet there has been a massive split in our fans half saying the owners are only here for money and dont back klopp how he needs whilst the other half have backed them and accused the first half of wanting a harlem globetrotters real madrid galactico style club with no substance. With the owners going up for sale which of the fans have been proven right and who wrong?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #94: Nov 07, 2022 05:50:49 pm
      Ok so if they are looking at bringing in outside investment is that not good ?

How else do they get the more money you want to see spent ?

That’s fine if they could but just don’t see someone else buying a 5% share and that money going towards the squad.
      Really Hope I’m wrong.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #95: Nov 07, 2022 05:51:28 pm
      Your definition of invested is different from everyone else.

Every other club invest by buying players, we are a global giant yet can’t even compete with the likes of Wolves 🤷‍♂️

We do buy players 🤷‍♂️

£1.1bn since FSG bought the club

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #96: Nov 07, 2022 05:52:40 pm
      That’s fine if they could but just don’t see someone else buying a 5% share and that money going towards the squad.
      Really Hope I’m wrong.

May well be Red Bird with more investment

But the owners aren’t sitting on big piles of cash - so it’s either loans or investment or we continue with £50/60mil net a season to spend
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #97: Nov 07, 2022 05:54:32 pm
      We do buy players 🤷‍♂️

£1.1bn since FSG bought the club

Every club has spent similar if not more during their tenure here.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #98: Nov 07, 2022 05:55:15 pm
      Throughout the internet there has been a massive split in our fans half saying the owners are only here for money and dont back klopp how he needs whilst the other half have backed them and accused the first half of wanting a harlem globetrotters real madrid galactico style club with no substance. With the owners going up for sale which of the fans have been proven right and who wrong?

I would definitely welcome the sale of the team by FSG, one of the benefits of which would be this board not being such a sh*t show the way it is unless we're winning every game....."we dropped a point!....where did i put my calculator?! i need it to check out our net spend" then derailing every....single...thread about it.

Whoever would buy us is likely to be another foreign investor who will run us much closer to City/Chelsea/United than the way we are now, which is what many here want. So that's good news as well.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #99: Nov 07, 2022 05:56:17 pm
      I want them to stay but would like them to invest a bit more money, not to match City or the Saudi’s just when there is a glaring need.
      Like at the moment.

This guy lallana reakons Jürgen has a net spend of 120m over the last 2 years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try 120m over 7 years. That's the facts. Last summer we spent 69m and recouped 73. This fella is beyond funny.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #100: Nov 07, 2022 05:59:06 pm
      Every club has spent similar if not more during their tenure here.

And the clubs spending more are the likes of City , United , Chelsea

We can’t say that investment hasn’t been made into the squad when we look through the amount of players the club have bought.

But we also need to look at the players that have been bought for smaller fees for equivalent players

How much did Robbo cost compared to Shaw , Mendy , Cancelo

VVD to Maguire

Allison to Kepa

Salah to Pulisic

Yes other clubs have spent more

But have they spent better - surely thats more important
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #101: Nov 07, 2022 05:59:10 pm
      Quite a few rumours that Mukesh Ambani preparing another bid, he has previously been turned down by FSG.
      Know nothing about him but I imagine it would be better than a Sportswashing Nation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #102: Nov 07, 2022 06:00:03 pm
      This guy lallana reakons Jürgen has a net spend of 120m over the last 2 years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try 120m over 7 years. That's the facts. Last summer we spent 69m and recouped 73. This fella is beyond funny.

20/21 - Net spend of £60mil
      21/22 - Net spend of £50mil
      22/23 - so far net spend of just over £10mil

CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #103: Nov 07, 2022 06:00:31 pm

Here's an example of your hypocrisy.

"If this deal (Nunez) gets done its great for the club and Jürgen obviously wants him.

I'd be lying if I said I'd seen alot of him but what I have seen I've been really impressed.

If Sadio sadly does leave plus divock and we add nunez and Diaz then I think we've done well."

Then suddenly it changed to summer shambles when our top players were not playing like our top players. Love it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #104: Nov 07, 2022 06:02:52 pm
      Quite a few rumours that Mukesh Ambani preparing another bid, he has previously been turned down by FSG.
      Know nothing about him but I imagine it would be better than a Sportswashing Nation.

He has been rumoured loads of times to have bid for the club and not once turned out to be true

Not sure if he has ever been in any bid for a club

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #105: Nov 07, 2022 06:12:14 pm

"If this deal (Nunez) gets done its great for the club and Jürgen obviously wants him.

I'd be lying if I said I'd seen alot of him but what I have seen I've been really impressed.

If Sadio sadly does leave plus divock and we add nunez and Diaz then I think we've done well."

Then suddenly it changed to summer shambles when our top players were not playing like our top players. Love it.

Yep ...all spot on. Jürgen did great wheeling and dealing and managed to turn a profit ... again. Diaz has been great and nunez will fit in.

The summer shambles is all about the midfield ... that neded addressing for 2 years but fsg won't back the manager to do it. So hes soldiered on with injury prone players, kids and players past their sell by date ... and guess what ... its fu*ked us up big time. They got him a f*cking melo though eh.

So don't twist the narrative you silly little twerp ... just another example of a fsg🛎🔚 spouting utter bs. Toddle off to lallana and have  good old fsg chinwag. 'Top players not playing like our top players' yeah that makes a lot of sense you silly little man. Now p*ss off.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #106: Nov 07, 2022 06:16:02 pm

you need to expand your vocabulary the word "hypocrisy" has lost its punch. Go and get an abacus and learn to add and subtract then you may finally understand why net spend is important. I wont hold my breath their are non so blind as they who will not see.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,217 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Nov 07, 2022 06:17:01 pm
      I can't help but link the timing of this with the need for investment in the squad and the general economic climate. If the sale of shares would mean more investment in the club I'm all for it. If it means a sale outright I would be worried about the disruption that might cause, particularly as regards our manager. No doubt in my mind I would prefer the club being run sustainably by a professional outfit, albeit with a bit more investment at the right times, instead of oligarchs and sheikhs.

If there’s a investment surely that will guarantee some (( possible more )) dealings in the January window  ? If they decided to sell then that could mean they won’t buy in the next window. So many possibilities I don’t no if it’s good news or bad for you lot… Time will tell. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,217 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #108: Nov 07, 2022 06:19:54 pm
      Basically .... yes. Cashing their chips and legging it. As I've said all along ... cowboys propped up by Jürgen Klopp.

That’s Yanks for you.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #109: Nov 07, 2022 06:20:11 pm
      So the owners maybe are doing what you want and you’re still crying like a child 🤷‍♂️

No just showing there true colours brown nose
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      Reply #110: Nov 07, 2022 06:22:53 pm
      And the clubs spending more are the likes of City , United , Chelsea

We can’t say that investment hasn’t been made into the squad when we look through the amount of players the club have bought.

But we also need to look at the players that have been bought for smaller fees for equivalent players

How much did Robbo cost compared to Shaw , Mendy , Cancelo

VVD to Maguire

Allison to Kepa

Salah to Pulisic

Yes other clubs have spent more

But have they spent better - surely thats more important

Yes the club has spent better than other clubs but for only one reason Klopp…so why not back him
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2022 06:31:55 pm by tezmac »
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #111: Nov 07, 2022 06:25:29 pm
      If there’s a investment surely that will guarantee some (( possible more )) dealings in the January window  ? If they decided to sell then that could mean they won’t buy in the next window. So many possibilities I don’t no if it’s good news or bad for you lot… Time will tell. 

Yes if we are selling which I think we are then I can't see a January deal. We Go with what we have.

If a buyer comes in quick ... and everything is done and signed then maybe they will give Jürgen some pennies. But more than likely ... next summer.

Let's be clear ... I'm happy for the club to live within its means. But every now and again there needs to be a major investment to improve and refresh the squad where its needed. If that means a couple of quiet windows to redress the balance of that major summer ... then that's fine. I don't expect 150/200m windows every 6 months. Jürgen doesn't need that level of investment to compete. But the bottom line is that he has to sell to buy and its getting very difficult.

What I can't abide is the negligence and the complete lack of backing/investment Jürgen has had. And now he's run out of assets to sell to raise himself spends.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #112: Nov 07, 2022 06:32:57 pm
      As with all breaking news and stories in any given field, i find it is always better to comment on the story after 24 hours, that is just my rule.

I normally find that the truth is always somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. Let the dust settle and then analyse.

Either way it looks like a refusal to invest their own money into a rebuild. Something that is clearly required.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,217 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: Nov 07, 2022 06:34:35 pm
      Yes if we are selling which I think we are then I can't see a January deal. We Go with what we have.

If a buyer comes in quick ... and everything is done and signed then maybe they will give Jürgen some pennies. But more than likely ... next summer.

Let's be clear ... I'm happy for the club to live within its means. But every now and again there needs to be a major investment to improve and refresh the squad where its needed. If that means a couple of quiet windows to redress the balance of that major summer ... then that's fine. I don't expect 150/200m windows every 6 months. Jürgen doesn't need that level of investment to compete. But the bottom line is that he has to sell to buy and its getting very difficult.

What I can't abide is the negligence and the complete lack of backing/investment Jürgen has had. And now he's run out of assets to sell to raise himself spends.

We know money talks, especially with the Sheiks. If they offered FSG ( example) 5 billion which we know is pocket change to them would you be for or against it given the problems they bring with what goes on off the pitch?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      Reply #114: Nov 07, 2022 06:34:40 pm
      The owners have fu**ed us over at a time when Klopp has won everything the owners won’t back Klopp. I can’t see the being any investment in January, so where dose that leave Klopp

Quick Reply