Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 103221 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1334: Feb 01, 2023 07:24:45 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8590 
      Reply #1335: Feb 01, 2023 07:25:53 pm
      Cryarsing is a cancer. Look where its got the Ev. They never stopped bitching even when they got their billionaire sugar daddy and their boss managers and their boss new ground. And look at the F***ing state of them.

Dont be like Everton!!
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1336: Feb 01, 2023 07:29:28 pm
      Cryarsing is a cancer. Look where its got the Ev. They never stopped bitching even when they got their billionaire sugar daddy and their boss managers and their boss new ground. And look at the f**king state of them.

Dont be like Everton!!

Read the David Lynch article posted above . FSG although not as bad as Everton owners are also crooks.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1337: Feb 01, 2023 07:35:36 pm
      Read the David Lynch article posted above . FSG although not as bad as Everton owners are also crooks.

Why are they “crooks”
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1338: Feb 01, 2023 07:52:16 pm
      Send a few scouse judies round to kick f**k out of you!!

Bet you won't be saying bring it on then :laugh:

I’ll be waiting with my pants down ready.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1339: Feb 01, 2023 07:53:58 pm

They ain’t crooks. They are businessmen.
      They don’t have a bottomless pit of cash so will probably never spend £600m in one window.
      But they won’t want their asset to become worthless either.

If FFP worked they would be idea owners.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1340: Feb 01, 2023 08:01:39 pm
      David Lynch:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1620860249904390144?s=20&t=t9_aOJ9XuJUYGVui3lMoBg

Says talks about held with Qatari, Germans, Saudi, US investors for a full sale. I wonder which German investor could afford us ?

To me: German, Qatari, Saudi, US in that other. I put US last because I feel nothing would change if we stick with American owners, and Chelsea Boehly was a rare exception.
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #1341: Feb 01, 2023 08:37:06 pm
      Think for news to come out the day after the transfer window says it all, pure spin and distraction. Hopefully there will be some change in either the approach of FSG this summer or new owners.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #1342: Feb 01, 2023 08:51:07 pm
      I'm not listening to anymore rumours until the season has ended. The 3 months worth of lies has worn us all out. We need to focus back on the job in hand which is getting back into the top 4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1343: Feb 01, 2023 08:53:19 pm
      I’ll be waiting with my pants down ready.

🤣🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1344: Feb 01, 2023 08:54:35 pm
      Bring it on.

The average attendance for Liverpool ladies is 4,500 or so. The average price of a ticket ÂŁ10.
      Those kind of levels are what you would find in the 6th tier of mens football.

That’s where they are at.

I’m same Bob. Watching a pub team on a Sunday morning better standard then womens football.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2023 09:04:01 am by Keith Singleton »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1345: Feb 01, 2023 09:00:30 pm
      Think for news to come out the day after the transfer window says it all, pure spin and distraction. Hopefully there will be some change in either the approach of FSG this summer or new owners.

Doubt very much you’ll see any change in the ownership, there might be a new face prepared to back the manager financially if that can be accomplished with a part share, anyhoo it’s a step in the right direction.

Let’s hope somebody has the balls and financial clout to get shut of these freeloaders.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1346: Feb 02, 2023 09:20:13 am
      Listening this morning and it seems that the Government white paper for Football Club ownership will make it very hard to sell a club to state ownership or to owners that can’t afford to buy the club without debt

A more stringent fit and proper test

Will also include owners must uphold the clubs values and history , no changing of badge , strips etc

No joining any new comps

And more fan involvement

All seems very good - but again prob about 10 years too late
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1347: Feb 02, 2023 10:43:07 am
      Listening this morning and it seems that the Government white paper for Football Club ownership will make it very hard to sell a club to state ownership or to owners that can’t afford to buy the club without debt

A more stringent fit and proper test

Will also include owners must uphold the clubs values and history , no changing of badge , strips etc

No joining any new comps

And more fan involvement

All seems very good - but again prob about 10 years too late

And probably will never be properly enforced
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1348: Feb 02, 2023 11:18:30 am
      Imagine trusting the Tories.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,354 posts | 6395 
      Reply #1349: Feb 02, 2023 01:52:08 pm
      David Lynch:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1620860249904390144?s=20&t=t9_aOJ9XuJUYGVui3lMoBg

Says talks about held with Qatari, Germans, Saudi, US investors for a full sale. I wonder which German investor could afford us ?

To me: German, Qatari, Saudi, US in that other. I put US last because I feel nothing would change if we stick with American owners, and Chelsea Boehly was a rare exception.

You half talk a load of sh*t don’t you?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1350: Feb 02, 2023 06:33:58 pm
      SB Nation has a good article on there that talks about FSG prioritizing their long term debt over short term moves as a good indicator that a full sale in the future is promising. Sounds like they're trying to pay their loans off to move further out of debt and be more attractive to future investors.

Hope that's the case.  So long and don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,354 posts | 6395 
      Reply #1351: Feb 02, 2023 06:37:08 pm
      SB Nation has a good article on there that talks about FSG prioritizing their long term debt over short term moves as a good indicator that a full sale in the future is promising. Sounds like they're trying to pay their loans off to move further out of debt and be more attractive to future investors.

If they do that though, it means no funds for transfers this summer most likely. We'll have to sell Mo to afford Bellingham.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1352: Feb 02, 2023 06:54:15 pm

It’s also worth reading this chap

https://twitter.com/gregorypcordell/status/1620874819385561090?s=46&t=4uSphp6mfvkMIdlv4n8uRQ

Gives a very good insight into the finances etc
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,354 posts | 6395 
      Reply #1353: Feb 02, 2023 07:14:15 pm
      Imagine needing to have a degree in finance to support your football club. And to be told that everything is ok despite what you see on the pitch.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1354: Feb 02, 2023 07:22:22 pm
      I wonder if Chelsea fans are looking at financial spread sheets and shaking their heads….
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1355: Feb 02, 2023 07:27:36 pm
      Imagine needing to have a degree in finance to support your football club. And to be told that everything is ok despite what you see on the pitch.

Forget a degree in finance, but would be nice if fans had basic business and financial acumen to be able to read a financial statement since they're so keen to talk about spend and finances.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1356: Feb 02, 2023 07:30:35 pm

A basic understanding is all people need - I know that’s a struggle for some

Quick Reply