Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19115 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Jan 14, 2023 05:02:07 pm
      Yeah but I don't think he will find pace or trickery

Or your braincells
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #484: Jan 14, 2023 05:02:07 pm
      I don’t want Jürgen to be replaced. But, for the sake of this argument.. Tuchel?

God no. A neurotic, insecure nerd who isn't half as good as people think he is. Spent a career walking into clubs ready made for success including Mainz and Dortmund, where all the hard work was done by Jürgen. Free loading b***ard who still somehow managed to find himself on the end of a sacking or two.

I'd rather chop my arm off than see Jürgen leave. Quite frankly anyone calling for his head are, to put it politely, f**king morons.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #485: Jan 14, 2023 05:02:37 pm
      If you're klopp out I suggest you go f**k yourself. No doubt the lfc wheel of blame will spin around tonight. It's a collective thing, we will get better. If you can't hack it, just f**k off

Lallana said De Zerbi is the best manager he has worked with.
      He run rings around our midfield today but couldn't even jog at the end of his time with us.

If Jürgen is burning out players then we are going to need about 11 in the summer...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #486: Jan 14, 2023 05:02:39 pm
      Yeah but I don't think he will find pace or trickery

Maybe not but rhe team clearly saw something in him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #487: Jan 14, 2023 05:02:58 pm
      I don’t want Jürgen to be replaced. But, for the sake of this argument.. Tuchel?

After he's just bombed at Chelsea!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #488: Jan 14, 2023 05:04:08 pm
      What makes me concerned is that Klopp has never rebuilt a team.  He's always moved on to the next challenge at a new club - started afresh.

Could be something in the loyalty thing.  The likes of Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, injury prone Keita should have been moved on years ago.

Anyway, for whatever reason - the players are hugely underperforming.  We know that because how they did last year.  It's going to have to be sorted and it looks like a week off on the training pitch hasn't remotely helped.  Maybe they need a game every three days to get sorted?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #489: Jan 14, 2023 05:04:25 pm
      Next Saturday afternoon is going to be interesting.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 450 
      Reply #490: Jan 14, 2023 05:04:34 pm

Bit much just agreeing with the owner of the forum
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #491: Jan 14, 2023 05:06:40 pm
      Once again, klopp himself didn’t want midfield players out of loyalty to his existent ones

He only went for when we got injuries meaning he was happy with how we were and now he got an attacker again instead of a cm, we need a new system and voice

We don't need a new system and voice, we need a few top midfielders and our injured players back.

That's all.

Klopp is still a brilliant manager he just needs to accept the midfield needs an overhaul.

Milner, Keita, Ox need to go asap. Hendo and Fab need to be phased out with better quality over next two seasons.

That's 5 midfielders we need to bring in over the next two seasons.

We also need a new CB as we can't rely on the fitness of Matip and Konate.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #492: Jan 14, 2023 05:06:43 pm
      Rafa is there and we can bring him in short term before looking properly at the end of the season

Shut the F**k up! Rafa! Come on....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #493: Jan 14, 2023 05:08:39 pm
      You’re right but those managers also lost it in a season and then didn’t get it back

What we are seeing is 2 years of poor planning and now it’s biting us with klopp

But think about it, in the World Cup break, klopp could have worked on a new system to fix our issues and also find a midfield player for weakness

What does he do? Stick with the same old system and by an attacker…talking down on people thinking we need midfield player

This is the stubbornness which has cost us, klopp is not bigger than Liverpool, thank you for everything but now is the time we revive our season

Rafa is there and we can bring him in short term before looking properly at the end of the season

If you think Rafa is the solution to Klopp having one poor season you need your head examined.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #494: Jan 14, 2023 05:08:49 pm
      Teams get days like this its very rare in Liverpool`s case but its happened today its how you react ,injuries wont see this going away quickly you have an opportunity to buy in this window but Liverpool have a process on how they do that they just dont buy any one .
      The thing about today is this game shows a template for other sides on how to play us, the injuries take however long it takes the players to recover is going to be tough ,our CL and top 4 will be a struggle until our injured return ,what I will say is the repair bill will be huge .
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #495: Jan 14, 2023 05:10:09 pm
      I don't expect anything to change until the midfield is sorted, defence look terrified and on edge constantly because that once non stop, terrier like midfield in front of them is no more, you can see the nervousness in their movement, afraid to do anything, which is making them make silly mistakes they usually wouldn't and there's so much pressure on the forwards now to not only finish, but to come into midfield and start their own plays because otherwise they're spending all their energy making runs only for Henderson to pass it sideways to Thiago, for him to pass it back to Hendo with a bit of flair attached to the pass, and Fabinho... well at the moment he might as well just pull up a deck chair and watch the game play around him.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #496: Jan 14, 2023 05:10:12 pm
      What makes me concerned is that Klopp has never rebuilt a team.  He's always moved on to the next challenge at a new club - started afresh.

Could be something in the loyalty thing.  The likes of Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, injury prone Keita should have been moved on years ago.

Anyway, for whatever reason - the players are hugely underperforming.  We know that because how they did last year.  It's going to have to be sorted and it looks like a week off on the training pitch hasn't remotely helped.  Maybe they need a game every three days to get sorted?

The thing is mate after a week on the training pitch you expect to see something remotely resembling a plan to start addressing our results. Rome wasn't built in a day ... but a start.

I saw nothing. Sane ol failing tactics. Same ol past it players. Same ol too late subs and same ol end result.

But in truth ... the staff had a month off. They did nothing. We were lucky at villa. Very lucky against Leicester and lucky against wolves. Why did we give them a holiday in the sun ... should have been putting the hard yards in at the AXA.

If we'd got what we'd deserved we would have lost every game since the restart including the carabao Cup game.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #497: Jan 14, 2023 05:10:51 pm
      Too many players not prepared to fight for the badge or supporters. They're all soft as sh*te in the tackle...playing in a collective fog.
      Where we go from here ...well it can't get much worse.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #498: Jan 14, 2023 05:11:00 pm
      Four injured attacking players might cause that to be fair!!

We've had injuries in all parts of the pitch, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of the number of our attackers who've been injured. My point was though that, in relation to the rest of the league, they are missing a lot of chances
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #499: Jan 14, 2023 05:12:01 pm
      Also when was the last time we had a goalscoring midfielder... F**k what I would do for a Stevie G screamer every now and then.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #500: Jan 14, 2023 05:12:27 pm
      Look the season is a write off we need to all accept this.

I would rather we don't play Europa League next season so better for us to finish mid table than 5th.

Get new owners in, give Jürgen money to refresh our midfield in the Summer, we go again next season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #501: Jan 14, 2023 05:12:55 pm
      Teams get days like this its very rare in Liverpool`s case but its happened today its how you react ,injuries wont see this going away quickly you have an opportunity to buy in this window but Liverpool have a process on how they do that they just dont buy any one .
      The thing about today is this game shows a template for other sides on how to play us, the injuries take however long it takes the players to recover is going to be tough ,our CL and top 4 will be a struggle until our injured return ,what I will say is the repair bill will be huge .
      A template? The template’s been there for a while mate. The concern here is that todays result isn’t a surprise. A few here have mentioned already they expected a beating today.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #502: Jan 14, 2023 05:13:12 pm
      Next Saturday afternoon is going to be interesting.
      What do you mean?
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #503: Jan 14, 2023 05:14:03 pm
      Klopp needs funds and fsg wont give him that...
      Its simple FSG out!!!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #504: Jan 14, 2023 05:16:31 pm
      Also when was the last time we had a goalscoring midfielder... f**k what I would do for a Stevie G screamer every now and then.

Unfortunately even when our midfielders used to run, our manager did not encourage our central midfielders to shoot from range or make late runs into the box. And this is still the case.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #505: Jan 14, 2023 05:16:44 pm
      Missed the game but not one but surprised.

Quick Reply