Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      8 (14.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      11 (20%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      15 (27.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      2 (3.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      16 (29.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 02, 2023 03:25:18 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13394 times
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 49 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Jan 29, 2023 03:50:13 pm
      I think were done under Jürgen.nunez n gakpo are not liverpool standard,salahs best years were 3 yrs ago,the injuries constantly are because of his relentless pressing style,instead of actually passing ball around ,which honestly were sh*te at as it stands.he brings milner on to deal with a winger becsuse our right back in his mid twenties wasnt upto it.theres more to this than just spending,weve spent more than brighton ffs
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #438: Jan 29, 2023 03:50:18 pm
      We need Qatari investors whether you like it or not. The FSG aren't going to spend 250 million to get this club out of this mess. We need a whole new midfield, a replacement to Salah and a new CB.

Oh f*ck off with your Qatar Bs. We didn't need Qatar to win everything did we?

This club has sat on its f*cking hands and allowed itself to be overtaken and left behind. That's just negligence ... and the parasites over in Boston smoking their cigars and deciding how they're spending their 4bn are to blame.

There's 7 or 8 players in that squad who wouldn't get in Brighton's squad.

We've sat on our f*cking hands and we're paying the severest of prices and the only thing for sure is over the next few months it's going to get worse.

We've got Everton Madrid and Newcastle upcoming ... plus wolves away ... I don't see us getting anything.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #439: Jan 29, 2023 03:50:21 pm
      It’s like after may last year we ended back up in 1997
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,175 posts | 265 
      Reply #440: Jan 29, 2023 03:51:27 pm
      :mad:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #441: Jan 29, 2023 03:51:35 pm
      Bajcetic, Thiago and Keita are our best midfield - they have weaknesses but it's clear from this post World Cup spell that they are best we've got. Problem is one is an 18 year old and we shouldn't be depending on him week in, week out and the other two are probably going to get injured in the next week and neither can play week in, week out anyway. The likes of Fabinho and Henderson are so far off it it's scary - this isn't a loss of form for them but surely the beginning of the end of their Liverpool careers? I guess Hendo could take on the Milner role as he clearly gives us a lot off the pitch but Fabinho simply has to be moved on.

Really unsure about what the long term plan is in the forward positions either. To me, neither Nunez or Gakpo look like natural fits, a lot of money spent there when I think we should have been targeting a different profile of player. A right winger and someone who can link up the play like Bobby used to do would have suited us better but it is what it is I guess. Fair enough both may come good but at the moment I don't really get the attacking plan.

Centre back is a f**king new massive headache as well.

Agree on Nunez, he's not a bad player just doesn't seem to suit our style. Gapko still to early to tell but I think he'll be a big player for us next season, nothing suggests so far he won't suit our system.

Primary issue is our midfiel though we looked OK until Fabinho, Hendo, and Jones came on then we completely lost control of the game.

Changes needed in the Summer I hope Jürgen has the courage to make some hard decisions with the squad to give it the overhaul it needs.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #442: Jan 29, 2023 03:56:57 pm
      Agree on Nunez, he's not a bad player just doesn't seem to suit our style. Gapko still to early to tell but I think he'll be a big player for us next season, nothing suggests so far he won't suit our system.

Primary issue is our midfiel though we looked OK until Fabinho, Hendo, and Jones came on then we completely lost control of the game.

Changes needed in the Summer I hope Jürgen has the courage to make some hard decisions with the squad to give it the overhaul it needs.

If Klopp is ruthless with FSG and the players he can get us out of this. He has to demand more money for signings and has to be cutt throat with the squad we have now and cut the fat. Even if it's Hendo or TAA.

Gakpo seems like with his crossing and worm rate he could work in MF. Agree?
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #443: Jan 29, 2023 03:57:34 pm
      If we could have all the players available , we are still weak in midfield . Those subs today weakened the team that was doing ok . It’s so blindingly obvious what we need but we’ll probably buy another striker for 25m
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #444: Jan 29, 2023 04:01:31 pm
      Oh f*ck off with your Qatar Bs. We didn't need Qatar to win everything did we?

This club has sat on its f*cking hands and allowed itself to be overtaken and left behind. That's just negligence ... and the parasites over in Boston smoking their cigars and deciding how they're spending their 4bn are to blame.

There's 7 or 8 players in that squad who wouldn't get in Brighton's squad.

We've sat on our f*cking hands and we're paying the severest of prices and the only thing for sure is over the next few months it's going to get worse.

We've got Everton Madrid and Newcastle upcoming ... plus wolves away ... I don't see us getting anything.

I agree with everything you said, hence why Qatar is needed now. The FSG has allowed this team rot that it will be impossible now to rebuild under them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #445: Jan 29, 2023 04:03:15 pm
      Whose getting the blame for this, players, manager, owners, assistant manager,  a book,  physios,  medical team, scouting department,  top reds, bottom reds.?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #446: Jan 29, 2023 04:03:37 pm
      Don't hate me. But if we wanted a cover for Diaz since he was injured, why didn't we go for Trossard?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #447: Jan 29, 2023 04:04:03 pm

Bob on re hendo fabinho and Jones. The latter 2 need shipping out this summer along with Gomez. Keita Ox can also go and will be going.

People talking about kellerher going ... let's not sell one of our good players eh.

This summer we are going to have to do ... all at once things that should have been done long ago ...

We need to regain our identity. We need players who can make us a handful to play against. We're so slow.

Losing Jota and Diaz as well as Bobby has killed us up top. Mo can no longer carry us and nobody is stepping up to the plate.

That midfield is dreadful. Passing/control , vision, creativity, energy, goals, ball retentin/composure ... combat wise .... the majority of our midfield players ... pretty much all offer nothing of those qualities. So easy to play against, play through and play round.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #448: Jan 29, 2023 04:05:14 pm
      If we could have all the players available , we are still weak in midfield . Those subs today weakened the team that was doing ok . It’s so blindingly obvious what we need but we’ll probably buy another striker for 25m

Not just midfield.
      Our defence looks shambolic.
      TAA and Gomez can’t defend and VVD and matip ain’t got the legs.
      Add into that a midfield that is garbage and front three that can’t score or work together and the problems are clear to see.
      The foundations have collapsed. We are literally in ruin.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #449: Jan 29, 2023 04:05:32 pm
      Bright first half and should’ve gone into the break ahead.

Second half back to square one and lack of ability to do anything right.

Trent looked fuming when he was dragged off but in my opinion he cannot moan about anything because he’s not giving us any threat we are all so used to

What was Gomez thinking when trying to defend that winner
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,932 posts | 447 
      Reply #450: Jan 29, 2023 04:09:56 pm
      Whose getting the blame for this, players, manager, owners, assistant manager,  a book,  physios,  medical team, scouting department,  top reds, bottom reds.?

Trent
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #451: Jan 29, 2023 04:11:03 pm
      Even Man Utd under OGS weren’t as bad as this
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #452: Jan 29, 2023 04:13:04 pm
      Even Man Utd under OGS weren’t as bad as this

United will annihilate us at anfield. They've a score to settle when that comes round after last season. They'll run rings round us.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #453: Jan 29, 2023 04:15:49 pm
      City have De Bruyne/Bernardo silva

Arsenal have Odegaard.

United have Bruno/Eriksen

We have 0 midfielders in this club who can score from the midfield when our forwards are ghosting.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #454: Jan 29, 2023 04:16:38 pm
      United will annihilate us at anfield. They've a score to settle when that comes round after last season. They'll run rings round us.
      We’ve got the bitters before that and under a new manager bounce with Dyche who knows what could happen!!
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #455: Jan 29, 2023 04:19:26 pm
      We’ve got the bitters before that and under a new manager bounce with Dyche who knows what could happen!!

They'll outwork us ... be good on setpieces and probably beat us. I just want this season to end ... see what Jürgen can do in the summer.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #456: Jan 29, 2023 04:20:29 pm
      Unacceptable performance again Liverpool.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #457: Jan 29, 2023 04:21:46 pm
      VAR didn’t help today…..they could have sent Fab off !
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #458: Jan 29, 2023 04:22:04 pm
      They'll outwork us ... be good on setpieces and probably beat us. I just want this season to end ... see what Jürgen can do in the summer.

He has so much to fix. We don’t even look a top 6 team atm. And we were lucky to beat wolves to get this far.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #459: Jan 29, 2023 04:22:48 pm
      Klopp to bame no need for the three subs went to rat sh*t after then

Quick Reply