Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21183 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Feb 04, 2023 05:11:36 pm
      It's the Mel Reddy unsourced story.

Or the source doesn't want to be revealed. Considering some of the contacts she has at the club, it's fair to say it may be nearer the mark than some want to admit to.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #553: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:02 pm

I actually think youā€™re being optimistic
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #554: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:09 pm
      Which one? Mel Reddy or Cocaine Bear?

or Melissa doing Cocaine or the bear. It just a sh*t show with nobody really coming out of it it well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,181 posts | 3475 
      Reply #555: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:22 pm
      I don't think he's weak, I think he's too in thrall to Lijnders judgement. And that maybe it will take hard reality for him to question his faith in the assistant. Or maybe Linjders ego is so massive in the book that he made it so that the recruitment strategy was his idea alone.

Did you say the same thing over the previous 4 seasons as he was assistant then as well
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #556: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:27 pm
      Then we need new players which you are also against. So where does that leave us?

Why are you trying to pick a fight with him? The guy is agreeing with you ā€¦ the players do have to hold some responsibility
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,908 posts | 432 
      Reply #557: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:42 pm
      Only thing left to play for this season is next week.

How very sad. But we have to beat Everton, at the bare minimum we cannot lose to them.

Real Madrid forget it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 6405 
      Reply #558: Feb 04, 2023 05:12:47 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #559: Feb 04, 2023 05:13:27 pm

I hear the bear has his UEFA A License though, so.....stay tuned.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #560: Feb 04, 2023 05:13:52 pm

Always hoped he could find a way to revert back to the form when we won the league as he was superb that season

Unfortunately the injuries have played there part, but he just doesn't seemed as switched on as he was two or so years ago.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #561: Feb 04, 2023 05:14:40 pm
      Or the source doesn't want to be revealed. Considering some of the contacts she has at the club, it's fair to say it may be nearer the mark than some want to admit to.

Maybe sheā€™s still shagging Mane and heā€™s in contact with someone thatā€™s telling him.

Could take a hundred guesses at who it is leaking stuff to her but whoever it is needs removing from the club because itā€™s doing nothing but add fuel to the fire.
      Gone from being arguably the best run club to one of the worst.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #562: Feb 04, 2023 05:14:42 pm
      Lijnders has been a scapegoat for a while now - all because of the book

I expect that sort of witch hunt on Twitter

Has anyone read the book? I mean the entire book, not just excerpts.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #563: Feb 04, 2023 05:15:05 pm

Did you say the same thing over the previous 4 seasons as he was assistant then as well

He's a brilliant coach but he doesn't know how to build a team, and he was coaching a group that weren't his recommendations. This is my main problem if he is to be believed by what he said in the book.

The signings he's advocated for, and that includes excellent players like Thiago (as unflashy as he was, I think a cheaper player like Wijnaldum was a more suitable player for us for his exceptional off the ball work in particular), have not made us a better team.  It's about the right player, and we haven't signed the right player with his advocacy.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,209 posts | 1102 
      Re: Live: Wolves v Liverpool
      Reply #564: Feb 04, 2023 05:15:05 pm

Always hoped he could find a way to revert back to the form when we won the league as he was superb that season
      I really do like him, but he use to serve a purpose for us. Now he doesn't. Simple as that. Just isn't good enough anymore. Move him and move on
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #565: Feb 04, 2023 05:15:08 pm
      or Melissa doing Cocaine or the bear. It just a sh*t show with nobody really coming out of it it well.

Well, it sounds like the bear might be doing pretty well. Mel may be no great prize, but for a bear she is.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #566: Feb 04, 2023 05:15:33 pm
      what do you mean every time its all the time you muppet did you not see the result today and the team selection and th e bench wake up FFS.
      Your another f**king FSG muppet with your head firmly buried in the sand critical thinking my f**king Arse

People like you have a complete inability(or desire) to try to look at what could be going on with the team where everything is going wrong in the same season. The only thing you are able to come up with is and has always been is spend. I am not sure you can conjure another thought besides that, and it happens every season whenever the team goes through a dry spell.

Anyways, Iā€™ll let you spend the rest of your Saturday evening complaining about the owners. Winner right there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,181 posts | 3475 
      Reply #567: Feb 04, 2023 05:15:38 pm

Nah

But apparently it gave away all the tactics and itā€™s why teams can beat us nown
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,181 posts | 3475 
      Reply #568: Feb 04, 2023 05:16:51 pm
      He's a brilliant coach but he doesn't know how to build a team, and he was coaching a group that weren't his recommendations. This is my main problem if he is to be believed by what he said in the book.

The signings he's advocated for, and that includes excellent players like Thiago (as unflashy as he was, I think a cheaper player like Wijnaldum was a more suitable player for us for his exceptional off the ball work in particular), have not made us a better team.  It's about the right player, and we haven't signed the right player with his advocacy.

How do you know what signings he ā€œadvocatedā€ for
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,209 posts | 1102 
      Reply #569: Feb 04, 2023 05:17:50 pm
      Nah

But apparently it gave away all the tactics and itā€™s why teams can beat us nown
      I've got so many LFC books that I'm slowly working through them. Reading Shanklys auto bio atm. The only thing I do with Peps book is pull it off the shelf after losses and cuss it down...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #570: Feb 04, 2023 05:18:00 pm
      Well that happened. Cant do anything but prepare for next game. Try to build some confidence, and get a result.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #571: Feb 04, 2023 05:18:13 pm
      So Klopp is allowing Ljinders to change the tactics of the team ?

Have you witnessed this in training

Or is it because someone on Twitter said so

Look just read the Reddy article who has plenty of contacts at Anfield and stop being a bellend on the forum.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #572: Feb 04, 2023 05:18:21 pm

well he may not have had the blessing of the players before he wrote about them I seem to remember a frosty reception form the players when he was walking around with a copy of it. We may never know what has happened but our form did fall apart a few seasons ago and we needed Ali to step up to score. MAybe put Mo in Goal and Ali up front
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 6405 
      Reply #573: Feb 04, 2023 05:18:50 pm
      Why are you trying to pick a fight with him? The guy is agreeing with you ā€¦ the players do have to hold some responsibility

No he isnā€™t agreeing with me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #574: Feb 04, 2023 05:18:50 pm

Sorry, old journalist here who was never allowed to go with unnamed sources. I've always thought it was shoddy as it allows the writer (editors) to say anything they want with no accountability. I don't doubt there is turmoil at the club (at some level) because the team is not winning like it was.

Now I've got an ad on for something called nasal irrigation, featuring a guy saying "you've got to clean that crap out of your nose!"

Wondering if this is connected somehow to the cocaine bear.

Quick Reply