Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Premier League: 2023-2024

Read 83886 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Re: Premier League: 2023-2024
      Reply #1311: Jan 21, 2024 11:33:58 pm
      You don't have to get all heated up and defensive spitting your pacifier (Dummy) out. I get it.. you don't like him, that's your prerogative, but to say there is no discernible thing that hasn't improved during his administration is evidently incorrect. I don't have to live there to know that, I just need to read trusted commentators and journalist's...for example: Reuters...The Financial Times...BBC....The Washington Post....Wall Street Journal.
      ...or just Google: US economy under Biden

🤣🤣

Iā€™m not spitting dummy out, Iā€™m obviously talking to one though, like I said, donā€™t speak on what you donā€™t know. You donā€™t live here, you donā€™t buy groceries or pay taxes or live the day to day life of an average Americanā€¦.the ones Biden is supposed to be helping. You just come across as a 🤡
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #1312: Jan 22, 2024 12:06:05 am
      🤣🤣

Iā€™m not spitting dummy out, Iā€™m obviously talking to one though, like I said, donā€™t speak on what you donā€™t know. You donā€™t live here, you donā€™t buy groceries or pay taxes or live the day to day life of an average Americanā€¦.the ones Biden is supposed to be helping. You just come across as a 🤡
      Are you really incapable of a civil exchange? Fu*k me you really really don't like being wrong. You said: Quote: "....There isn't one single thing in this country that's better since he's (Biden) has been in office" You might not personally feel it...but there is expert consensus that the economy is in a better state under Biden. I know your nation is overly fond of alternative facts....but empirical facts are of greater value.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1313: Jan 22, 2024 01:43:01 am
      Are you really incapable of a civil exchange? Fu*k me you really really don't like being wrong. You said: Quote: "....There isn't one single thing in this country that's better since he's (Biden) has been in office" You might not personally feel it...but there is expert consensus that the economy is in a better state under Biden. I know your nation is overly fond of alternative facts....but empirical facts are of greater value.

Inflation is higher, interest rates are astronomical (I know I just bought a car tonight), people canā€™t afford to buy homes, wages are stagnant, taxes are high, the economy is not better under Biden. He has the lowest approval rates of any president in recent history including those that identify as Democrats. And please stop acting holier than thou as if you are mister ā€œCivilā€ while you attempt to come across as intellectually superior. Itā€™s a tired act. Itā€™s easy for someone to sit from afar, read a few (likely biased) articles and proclaim to know what they are talking about, itā€™s another to actually live somewhere and experience day to day life.

Thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna say on this, this isnā€™t the thread for it and by the way, talk about someone that canā€™t admit to being wrongā€¦.pot meet kettle.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1314: Jan 22, 2024 11:41:05 am
      Anyone see the video of Ivan Toney cheating again?

Ref not looking, Toney rubs the white foam line the ref made for the FK, and makes the line longer and towards the right , moves the ball and scores!

How is VAR not seeing that?

Apparently VAR can't involved in incidents like that. That's what Dermot Gallagher just said on sky.

Warnock and Smith also saying Forest at fault because they didn't move their wall to match Toney moving the ball.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #1315: Jan 22, 2024 12:00:46 pm
      Inflation is higher, interest rates are astronomical (I know I just bought a car tonight), people canā€™t afford to buy homes, wages are stagnant, taxes are high, the economy is not better under Biden. He has the lowest approval rates of any president in recent history including those that identify as Democrats. And please stop acting holier than thou as if you are mister ā€œCivilā€ while you attempt to come across as intellectually superior. Itā€™s a tired act. Itā€™s easy for someone to sit from afar, read a few (likely biased) articles and proclaim to know what they are talking about, itā€™s another to actually live somewhere and experience day to day life.

Thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna say on this, this isnā€™t the thread for it and by the way, talk about someone that canā€™t admit to being wrongā€¦.pot meet kettle.
      Wages are up, though admittedly any perception of this is likely countered by high inflation. High inflation due (in part) to Geopolitical pressures, including the pandemic and the war in Ukraine....forces beyond Biden's control.
      I contradicted your original post as it was plainly wrong. ( your label of Biden as dirty was particularly odd, untrue and quite bizarre ) Perhaps you are so entrenched in the Trump, Bannon, Anton MAGA fantasy that you also feel the need to tell people how to think. Thankfully I subscribe to the principle of free speech and the free exchange of ideas. You can throw insults at me all day, they are of no consequence... Quoting your great President Thomas Jefferson: "...it neither picks my pocket or breaks my leg"
      I've lived and worked in the US enough, and read enough books to know what I'm talking about...It's a great country, with some of the most generous and gifted people I've ever met. If you can get your head out of Infowars and re-engage with the real world you will see that just because things might not look great to you, that doesn't mean they were better in the past. Don't confuse pessimism for profundity...Now that would make a good bumper sticker on your new car.
      Have a good day
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #1316: Jan 22, 2024 12:27:32 pm
      Apparently VAR can't involved in incidents like that. That's what Dermot Gallagher just said on sky.

Warnock and Smith also saying Forest at fault because they didn't move their wall to match Toney moving the ball.

Was F***ing devilishly clever but wouldn't be happy if that was against us!!

Refs be looking out for him now in the same way Jota didn't get a pen yesterday after the Newcastle one was given.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1317: Jan 22, 2024 12:31:26 pm
      Was F***ing devilishly clever but wouldn't be happy if that was against us!!

Refs be looking out for him now in the same way Jota didn't get a pen yesterday after the Newcastle one was given.

Again going off Dermot Gallagher, Jota didn't get the pen because the initial foul was the nudge outside the box and VAR can't get involved in giving free kicks.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #1318: Jan 22, 2024 12:34:40 pm
      Again going off Dermot Gallagher, Jota didn't get the pen because the initial foul was the nudge outside the box and VAR can't get involved in giving free kicks.

Fair enough the leg that tripped him looking on the  line of the 18 yard box on the replays. The point stands about the ref not giving at the least the foul though they'll be looking out for Jota going down for a few weeks now.

Think a lot more would have been made about those decisions if we didn't go on to win and win well. That foul on Jota not even getting a free kick and the same with the challenge on Diaz.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1319: Jan 22, 2024 02:11:54 pm
      Wages are up, though admittedly any perception of this is likely countered by high inflation. High inflation due (in part) to Geopolitical pressures, including the pandemic and the war in Ukraine....forces beyond Biden's control.
      I contradicted your original post as it was plainly wrong. ( your label of Biden as dirty was particularly odd, untrue and quite bizarre ) Perhaps you are so entrenched in the Trump, Bannon, Anton MAGA fantasy that you also feel the need to tell people how to think. Thankfully I subscribe to the principle of free speech and the free exchange of ideas. You can throw insults at me all day, they are of no consequence... Quoting your great President Thomas Jefferson: "...it neither picks my pocket or breaks my leg"
      I've lived and worked in the US enough, and read enough books to know what I'm talking about...It's a great country, with some of the most generous and gifted people I've ever met. If you can get your head out of Infowars and re-engage with the real world you will see that just because things might not look great to you, that doesn't mean they were better in the past. Don't confuse pessimism for profundity...Now that would make a good bumper sticker on your new car.
      Have a good day

Yea you're right, living here my entire life, traveling all over the country for work I have no clue what's F***ing going on in my own country. I apologize for having an opinion that differs from yours as you are absolutely far more qualified to speak on economic life in the States than I am. What was I even thinking.  F***ing w**ker.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #1320: Jan 22, 2024 02:20:19 pm
      Yea you're right, living here my entire life, traveling all over the country for work I have no clue what's F***ing going on in my own country. I apologize for having an opinion that differs from yours as you are absolutely far more qualified to speak on economic life in the States than I am. What was I even thinking.  F***ing w**ker.
      I accept your apology, Insult was a tad gratuitous...but predictable.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,293 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1321: Jan 22, 2024 02:44:54 pm

Ref not looking, Toney rubs the white foam line the ref made for the FK, and makes the line longer and towards the right , moves the ball and scores!

Was it cheating though Ian? Think heā€™s just took advantage and hoping ref didnā€™t notice. Personally I thought it was clever, maybe wrong but still clever. We all know the players in the wall always move so why canā€™t a player pinch a few inches moving the ball. 😂

He gets a 10 out of 10 for me.   :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1322: Jan 22, 2024 09:06:35 pm
      Was it cheating though Ian? Think heā€™s just took advantage and hoping ref didnā€™t notice. Personally I thought it was clever, maybe wrong but still clever. We all know the players in the wall always move so why canā€™t a player pinch a few inches moving the ball. 😂

He gets a 10 out of 10 for me.   :lmao:

Clever indeed, but if that's a Liverpool player, that gets seen by VAR and our lad gets sent off . 100% guaranteed.

Also if he did that against us, we'd be F***ing ropeable, you wouldn't hear the end of it!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #1323: Jan 24, 2024 12:39:20 pm
      I accept your apology, Insult was a tad gratuitous...but predictable.

He's got a point like!! Who the F**k are you to lecture him about what is going on in his own country. Where the F**k is your apology for being a pompous, arrogant c**t?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1324: Jan 24, 2024 02:31:56 pm
      He's got a point like!! Who the F**k are you to lecture him about what is going on in his own country. Where the F**k is your apology for being a pompous, arrogant c**t?

:lmao:

Youā€™ve got a way with words Pete.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1325: Jan 24, 2024 05:37:19 pm

VAR Can Do Nothing About Toney Goal
      Nottingham Forest have been informed by the referees' organisation that the video assistant referee did not have the power to rule out Brentford's disputed equaliser on Saturday.

Ivan Toney moved the ball for his free-kick, which made it 1-1, wiping away referee Darren England's vanishing foam as the official lined up the wall.

Referees' body Professional Game Match Officials Limited told Forest VAR has no authority to intervene on restarts.

Brentford went on to win the match 3-2.

Forest subsequently wrote to refereeing chief Howard Webb for clarification, while manager Nuno Espirito Santo said referee England should have spotted Toney's actions.

The VAR protocol set by the International Football Association Board (Ifab), which oversees the game's rules, says VAR has no authority to intervene on restarts, which England relayed to Forest staff.

"We have received a response from the incident, it is clear that the law says VAR cannot do anything about ball displacement," Santo said.

"I think that is something they should look at because it changes the reality of the game. But at the same time, we also have responsibility because we should have said something and avoided the free-kick to be taken.

"Too bad that the referee didn't spot it or the linesman. The referee should have seen it because there is a mark and there is clear ball displacement. It is finished, we move forward."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68085491

So basically you can move the ball wherever you want as long as the ref doesn't see anything and VAR can do F**k all about it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #1326: Jan 25, 2024 08:58:58 am
      VAR Can Do Nothing About Toney Goal
      Nottingham Forest have been informed by the referees' organisation that the video assistant referee did not have the power to rule out Brentford's disputed equaliser on Saturday.

Ivan Toney moved the ball for his free-kick, which made it 1-1, wiping away referee Darren England's vanishing foam as the official lined up the wall.

Referees' body Professional Game Match Officials Limited told Forest VAR has no authority to intervene on restarts.

Brentford went on to win the match 3-2.

Forest subsequently wrote to refereeing chief Howard Webb for clarification, while manager Nuno Espirito Santo said referee England should have spotted Toney's actions.

The VAR protocol set by the International Football Association Board (Ifab), which oversees the game's rules, says VAR has no authority to intervene on restarts, which England relayed to Forest staff.

"We have received a response from the incident, it is clear that the law says VAR cannot do anything about ball displacement," Santo said.

"I think that is something they should look at because it changes the reality of the game. But at the same time, we also have responsibility because we should have said something and avoided the free-kick to be taken.

"Too bad that the referee didn't spot it or the linesman. The referee should have seen it because there is a mark and there is clear ball displacement. It is finished, we move forward."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68085491

So basically you can move the ball wherever you want as long as the ref doesn't see anything and VAR can do F**k all about it.

Shows VAR up for the farce it is. Well more accurately how it's used.

Surely having a review system that can see things the ref missed is literally one of the best uses of it?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1327: Jan 25, 2024 11:25:57 am
      Shows VAR up for the farce it is. Well more accurately how it's used.

Surely having a review system that can see things the ref missed is literally one of the best uses of it?

You'd imagine so mate.

But it's not just VAR in this case, there's four officials at the ground. If the ref is looking after the wall, what are the two linesmen and fourth official doing? Surely one of them can make the ref aware of the ball, and foam, being moved.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #1328: Jan 25, 2024 11:50:36 am
      You'd imagine so mate.

But it's not just VAR in this case, there's four officials at the ground. If the ref is looking after the wall, what are the two linesmen and fourth official doing? Surely one of them can make the ref aware of the ball, and foam, being moved.

Yep.

They seem more concerned with not overuling the ref than actually trying to use everything to come to the correct decision.

It's as if they think the world is going to stop if they admit the referee made a mistake in real time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      Reply #1329: Jan 25, 2024 10:34:48 pm

Until we decide to try the tactic!

One rule for them cu*ts, another for Us!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1330: Jan 25, 2024 10:47:13 pm
      Until we decide to try the tactic!

One rule for them cu*ts, another for Us!

Think the bitters might point at Gary Mac's free kick as an example of when we were allowed to move the ball mate :laugh:

Foul was committed basically level with the top of the centre circle, free kick was taken a good 10 to 15 yards further up field - where Vignal had eventually stopped rolling to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofwFm7m2XM&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      Reply #1331: Jan 25, 2024 10:53:46 pm
      Think the bitters might point at Gary Mac's free kick as an example of when we were allowed to move the ball mate :laugh:

Foul was committed basically level with the top of the centre circle, free kick was taken a good 10 to 15 yards further up field - where Vignal had eventually stopped rolling to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofwFm7m2XM&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Since when have we cared what the Bitters say or think!  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,157 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1332: Jan 25, 2024 11:45:05 pm
      Since when have we cared what the Bitters say or think!  :lmao:

:lmao:

Obviously we don't mate, was just trying to put across the point that we've gotten away with moving balls (ooh Matron) as well. But it was before VAR and it was Jeff Winter who was the ref, who was a bit of a sh*t ref to begin with.

Most famous thing he did was get twatted with the ball by Dean Windass when we were playing Bradford.

Have to look for that on youtube now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4miQi67sz-E&ab_channel=JoeClapham
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      Reply #1333: Jan 26, 2024 03:24:16 am
      I understand your point 100% Bud but now we do have VAR, stuff like that shouldn't be missed and only get highlighted on F***ing tik tok  :lmao:

Quick Reply