Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig)

Read 17287 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,263 posts | 1230 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #161: Jul 01, 2023 12:59:30 am
      Great bit of business when you think Mount went for similar money and we have far the better player.

Also, laughed when I saw Newcastle interested. No chance! sorry Magpies, CL footy or not the guy knows a big club when he sees one, and as soon as JĂŒrgen picked up the phone it was never a contest.

Szoboszlai has previously spoken glowingly about the Kop boss, stating back in 2020: "I really like Klopp," he said. "The way he can inspire his players is unbelievable.

"Even when they have nothing, they can stand up and his players can achieve anything. For me, he is the best manager in the world.”
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-dominik-szoboszlai-clause-30364747
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #162: Jul 01, 2023 08:01:41 am
      I am going for the first name only haha

I'm calling him the snob Clint  ;D
      Just watched a few of the videos which in all fairness looked pretty decent but always maintain the biggest test is in out league.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #163: Jul 01, 2023 08:26:03 am
      Not much chatter tonight about tight fisted FSG.....Moving on. With this addition to the squad we can see clearly that we are at the start of Klopp phase-2. Phase-1 was a blast, the zenith of which was the league title that will never to be forgotten, but all teams have their day and now it's up to these new lads to make dreams come true. Exciting times ahead.

Fsg arnt putting a cent in mate. The club is borrowing the money to pay the fee.

Tight fisted cun*s and parasites would never put their own money in to their own asset would they. Moving on ....
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #164: Jul 01, 2023 08:39:15 am
      I wonder how this singing will impact a potential move of Khéphren Thuram?

You guys think we still go for another midfielder?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai
      Reply #165: Jul 01, 2023 08:54:42 am
      Fast and loose. I like it.
      Got to roll the dice sometimes

Think you’re pretty safe myself mate. You’re not behind the door with these things. 😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #166: Jul 01, 2023 08:58:03 am
      I wonder how this singing will impact a potential move of Khéphren Thuram?

You guys think we still go for another midfielder?

I said 3/4 needed a while back but now that you have Trent in the hybrid roll you’ll probably go for a CB now and if Klopp any sense get rid of Gomez.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #167: Jul 01, 2023 09:24:13 am
      I said 3/4 needed a while back but now that you have Trent in the hybrid roll you’ll probably go for a CB now and if Klopp any sense get rid of Gomez.

Gomez can be used as makeweight. Gomez, thiago, fabinho are players who can be used to maybe go in exchange for better players.

We have to be clever and use our saleable assets the best way we can so we ultimately move them on and improve the quality of the squad
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #168: Jul 01, 2023 09:50:56 am
      Fsg arnt putting a cent in mate. The club is borrowing the money to pay the fee.

Tight fisted cun*s and parasites would never put their own money in to their own asset would they. Moving on ....

Give it a rest
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #169: Jul 01, 2023 09:52:10 am
      Gomez can be used as makeweight. Gomez, thiago, fabinho are players who can be used to maybe go in exchange for better players.

We have to be clever and use our saleable assets the best way we can so we ultimately move them on and improve the quality of the squad

The likes of Fabinho , Gomez etc aren’t going to be leaving , we need to fill the gaps not create more
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #170: Jul 01, 2023 10:08:20 am

The likes of Fabinho , Gomez etc aren’t going to be leaving , we need to fill the gaps not create more

Chamberlain, Milner and Keita already left from midfield so agree you don't move on anymore ideally
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #171: Jul 01, 2023 10:08:24 am
      Said from the start we need 4, 3 mids one defender . Half way there
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,772 posts | 7187 
      Reply #172: Jul 01, 2023 10:26:06 am
      So have we ACTUALLY signed him?

Photos outside Melwood holding the Scarf, anyone?  :D

on his way with his clubs blessing and a loan player going the other way good business.
      Two cracking players for the cost of one slightly better than avg W.Ham player.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,772 posts | 7187 
      Reply #173: Jul 01, 2023 10:28:41 am
      Not much chatter tonight about tight fisted FSG.....Moving on. With this addition to the squad we can see clearly that we are at the start of Klopp phase-2. Phase-1 was a blast, the zenith of which was the league title that will never to be forgotten, but all teams have their day and now it's up to these new lads to make dreams come true. Exciting times ahead.

wtf are you Winding up the forum for  they have told us they will be ÂŁ200mil rebuild so only half way there then.
      ITs worth getting on to youtube to see what this lad can do .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #174: Jul 01, 2023 10:29:10 am
      Might be our most exciting signing in years... out of nowhere!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #175: Jul 01, 2023 10:38:57 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,988 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #176: Jul 01, 2023 10:50:12 am
      Gomez is a must to go and be replaced, he’s a liability. However, happy if he stays from my prospective.    :D

Tell ya what numb nuts I’d rather have Gomez than that useless donkey Maguire, you’re lot paid £85m for that waste of space, he wasn’t even that good at Leicester, typical case of a player having a wonder season at a mediocre outfit but showing his true level when having to perform every single game, proof indeed he got way out of his depth,

Gomez has hardly pulled up trees either but the lad is a trier, has more versatility and but for a couple of serious injuries could have been Virgil’s long term partner, he still has the talent and ability to play in a Klopp side and although he’s probably our 4th choice CB he will still feature, in fact Trent moving forward could prove a Godsend for the lad, especially if JĂŒrgen went three at the back,

But where will f***in Slabhead be ? Oh, I know, he’ll be back playing mediocre level football again and that’s whether he stays or goes, the saying “ as useful as tits on a fish” couldn’t be more appropriate,

So looking forward to that £50 you will owe me come May ‘24’

Now what was that Queen song from a few decades back?
Oh Yes remember now
..”We are the Champions”

YNWA

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,497 posts | 826 
      Reply #177: Jul 01, 2023 11:17:32 am
      wtf are you Winding up the forum for  they have told us they will be ÂŁ200mil rebuild so only half way there then.
      Just highlighting the fact that the FSG's most vociferous critics ( I'm not one of them BTW) were rather mute with the immanent arrival of SZB. Not an intention to wind anyone up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,145 posts | 2144 
      Reply #178: Jul 01, 2023 11:29:48 am

I absolutely hate the notion that one bad season vanquishes 4 great seasons that Fabinho has had for us. You don't just throw his name into the mixer because he's no longer flavour of the month. Even more bizarre seeing people on here blasting to and fro about FSG, spending, not having the right players etc etc but then are equally happy throwing our guys under the bus if they feel there's an angle to be had from it in having a go at how our club is run.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #179: Jul 01, 2023 11:32:28 am

Who told you there would be ÂŁ200mil rebuild
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,772 posts | 7187 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)
      Reply #180: Jul 01, 2023 11:42:19 am
      Might be our most exciting signing in years... out of nowhere!

I am not up to speed with a lot of these names but watching him on youtube is mouth watering. Very close now to having all JĂŒrgen needs just another one or two maybe a CB but the Transfer dept has got their sh*t together this summer ....so far.
      TKO94
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 22 
      Reply #181: Jul 01, 2023 11:58:09 am
      Hi guys, here’s a video detailing everything you need to know about Dominik Szoboszlai in 4 minutes for those interested. Make no mistake about it, this fella is Liverpool’s most exciting signing in a number of years and someone who’s going to get fans of their seat throughout the season. Took me an age to put this together so I hope you find it useful. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have, cheers and enjoy your weekend!

https://youtu.be/50d2VkDh5-I

TKO94
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 22 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)
      Reply #182: Jul 01, 2023 11:58:26 am
      Hi guys, here’s a video detailing everything you need to know about Dominik Szoboszlai in 4 minutes for those interested. Make no mistake about it, this fella is Liverpool’s most exciting signing in a number of years and someone who’s going to get fans of their seat throughout the season. Took me an age to put this together so I hope you find it useful. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have, cheers and enjoy your weekend!

https://youtu.be/50d2VkDh5-I

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #183: Jul 01, 2023 12:43:14 pm
      I assume that this means Hendo will be dropping back to play more games as a DM this season

Don't see how he starts at all.

Thiago, Fab, Jones all start ahead of him for me and then you have Mac and this lad who you would assume has been brought in to start games. & Trent will be occupying midfield space also so ideally Hendo doesn't get anywhere near our starting 11.

Quick Reply