Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad

Read 16101 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad
      Reply #46: Jul 14, 2023 03:15:59 pm

Now i dunno if you were aware that immediately after 9/11, and I mean only a few hours, all flights in and out of the States were grounded….except one……and on that flight were 11 members of the Bin Laden family, now read of that what you will but if that doesn’t stink of extremely fishy goings on then F**k knows what is ???

I apologise if I have deviated somewhat off the topic, however I do think it’s partly relevant of how the Saudi’s can influence global leaders, so therefore their ‘Bullying’ of Western sports ventures will seem to them like a walk in the desert !!

YNWA

You’ve not really deviated as it’s relevant to the course we’re all on so fully understand. Yes I was very much aware of it but from the sounds of it not as quick as you knew.

Think we can probably all state where we were when the news got out about the attacks. There’s no doubt in my mind shenanigans went on but obviously not the place for it.

Back on topic.

I’m surprised the oilys haven’t come in for Kane. Even that tight arse levy couldn’t turn them down.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Jul 14, 2023 05:21:24 pm

Fab has 2-3 more years left in him

But hendo really is on the verge of the end, it’s clear from last season

We should get his wages off our books and bank a 10-15m fee

Then try to buy another player, I think with Thiago having a year left, with how injured Thiago and hendo were

If we can sell both, get 20-25m fee in total and their huge wages off and then bring in one for young cm with quality who will play the same amount as they both did combined

Personally don't really care about wages. Just want us to have as good a blend of players as possible going into next season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Jul 14, 2023 05:25:16 pm
      I take alot of your points there mate. If klopp doesn't want them to go he should say no. They're under contract.

I can only imagine how close Hendo and Jürgen have gotten over the years. I'd say he has huge trust and respect for him.
      I'd say on the one hand Jürgen would like to keep Hendo another year at least.
      But on a personal level, if Hendo has asked to leave, which I'm not sure he has, but maybe he has, he might not want to block him.

But like you say Jürgen needs to do what's best for the club.
      Certainly unless there's 20mill or more on the table I don't see that Hendo can realistically expect the club to agree and for it to go through.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #49: Jul 14, 2023 05:28:49 pm
      Whoops thought this was the Hendo thread   :f_doh:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #50: Jul 14, 2023 05:43:00 pm
      I can only imagine how close Hendo and Jürgen have gotten over the years. I'd say he has huge trust and respect for him.
      I'd say on the one hand Jürgen would like to keep Hendo another year at least.
      But on a personal level, if Hendo has asked to leave, which I'm not sure he has, but maybe he has, he might not want to block him.

But like you say Jürgen needs to do what's best for the club.
      Certainly unless there's 20mill or more on the table I don't see that Hendo can realistically expect the club to agree and for it to go through.

Agree mate.

I think Jürgen needs to say look this is too out of the blue. Happy to let you go for the Saudi money next summer but there's a big job here this season. We're in transition and I need my captain to help with that.

Jürgen needs to do what he feels is best for the club this season ... not what's best for hendersons Bank account.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #51: Jul 14, 2023 05:45:38 pm
      Sorry ... I'm getting confused with what thread I'm in here. Thought I was in hendersons.

Fabinho ... if the money is good I'm happy to let go and bring in a quality replacement.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #52: Jul 14, 2023 05:53:39 pm
      Sorry ... I'm getting confused with what thread I'm in here. Thought I was in hendersons.

Fabinho ... if the money is good I'm happy to let go and bring in a quality replacement.

Probably my fault :)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #53: Jul 14, 2023 06:09:19 pm
      There is experience in general and experience playing in a particular position in a particular team, which takes time to develop. I think it's an unavoidable risk of the situation we find ourselves in if Fab and Hendo leave. Some people think they are so sh*te it doesn't matter. I respectfully disagree.

If our hand is forced I wouldn't mind that Paulinho fella from Fulham if we want some experience to add to our youth. F*ck knows who the homegrown player would be? These are all factors we should be stressing in our negotiations with the Arabs though.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #54: Jul 15, 2023 07:08:51 am
      I would never sell Fabinho if Henderson is off.

He still has some good years in him and he is almost every minute fit not like our other players that left before him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #55: Jul 15, 2023 11:11:31 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jul 15, 2023 11:13:36 am
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #57: Jul 15, 2023 11:19:20 am
      There is experience in general and experience playing in a particular position in a particular team, which takes time to develop. I think it's an unavoidable risk of the situation we find ourselves in if Fab and Hendo leave. Some people think they are so sh*te it doesn't matter. I respectfully disagree.

If our hand is forced I wouldn't mind that Paulinho fella from Fulham if we want some experience to add to our youth. F*ck knows who the homegrown player would be? These are all factors we should be stressing in our negotiations with the Arabs though.

I think there will be a lot of names getting thrown about before this window shuts the numbers being quoted and the simplicity of shuffling the pounds around is pretty scary ,I like Paulino a lot, the lad from Southampton is he way over priced , Saints dont have to sell the get an unhappy player so you pay or dont pay the piper and yet  Fab away for £40 million we spent £10 million is it that simple Kone Barellla and all the rest  your head spins with all the back page chat .its just a waiting game Im sure we will come out on top we are pretty good at that .
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 224 
      Reply #58: Jul 15, 2023 11:45:18 am
      Great money, lets use it wisely to bring in a top dm

I think if hendo also goes, it’s the start of the new beginning for us

3 new cm bought this season who are fit
      Thiago
      Jones
      Elliott
      Baj

That gives 7 for 3 positions which is great cover
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #59: Jul 15, 2023 12:01:45 pm
      Great money, lets use it wisely to bring in a top dm

I think if hendo also goes, it’s the start of the new beginning for us

3 new cm bought this season who are fit
      Thiago
      Jones
      Elliott
      Baj

That gives 7 for 3 positions which is great cover

Knowing us, that £40m will cover the Macca fee and will go into the season with Henderson and Bajcetic in the 6 role.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #60: Jul 15, 2023 12:06:55 pm
      No surprises that this one is moving along. Once his head was turned by the money I presume Jürgen had no interest in keeping him around.

40m is good money but we need to sign someone with a bit more experience than Lavia to replace him.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #61: Jul 15, 2023 12:23:56 pm
      Getting Money we paid is good business . Was a huge part of our success but his legs quite clearly on the way . Need to ensure we get this one right with his replacement and feel more experience needed than what Lavia could offer
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #62: Jul 15, 2023 12:28:25 pm
      Hard to turn that fee down baring in mind his age. I'm not sure this exodus of players in one window is a good idea, OK there's a few young guys coming in, but it takes time for any player to adapt, hoping and expecting 2,3, or 4 new young arrivals to click is a massive risk. I'm all for rebuilding the squad, but you can't just replace so many in one window.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #63: Jul 15, 2023 12:35:39 pm
      He is not travelling with the team to Germany. So most probably he's off.

Henderson travelled.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #64: Jul 15, 2023 01:04:55 pm
      Hard to turn that fee down baring in mind his age. I'm not sure this exodus of players in one window is a good idea, OK there's a few young guys coming in, but it takes time for any player to adapt, hoping and expecting 2,3, or 4 new young arrivals to click is a massive risk. I'm all for rebuilding the squad, but you can't just replace so many in one window.

You are correct but we didn't create this situation, it's been forced on us by the bids and wages from Saudi, all well above the market value of the players involved. In an ideal scenario the midfield transition would have been over 2 summers but Jürgen and his team need to adapt to the new reality. I don't think we can force players to stay when they have decided that they want to leave and  it's very public. Obviously there are exceptions (Suarez being the most obvious) but Fab and Hendo are at the end of their career and have earned the right to choose what they want to do.
      I think we can trust Jürgen to rebuild, we still have a very strong squad

Good bye Fabinho, thanks for all the trophies, hope you enjoy the rest of your career.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #65: Jul 15, 2023 01:17:10 pm
      he like others struggled last season but looked so much better in the last 10 games. As long as we improve on the players leaving then its all good Fab has been superb in his time here .
      Weare in a critical moment regarding the squad with the right choices we are going to be so much stronger.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #66: Jul 15, 2023 01:31:56 pm
      Looks like its all but confirmed that he will be leaving now. Thank you for everything Fab! Not an easy role he played, but he did it superbly for years and was a key component in the success we've had.

Thank you, Fab. YNWA
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #67: Jul 15, 2023 01:37:36 pm
      When everyone said we don't really have anyone to sell to help fund our rebuild nobody expected a £40m bid for Fabinho. I think it's probably too good an offer to turn down, BUT we would need to sign a proper DM to replace him. If we go the mingebag route and try to use it to offset money paid for signings we've already made then it's a big problem.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #68: Jul 15, 2023 01:48:09 pm
      When everyone said we don't really have anyone to sell to help fund our rebuild nobody expected a £40m bid for Fabinho. I think it's probably too good an offer to turn down, BUT we would need to sign a proper DM to replace him. If we go the mingebag route and try to use it to offset money paid for signings we've already made then it's a big problem.
      Agreed. Like I said in the scouting/transfer thread, if we were looking at Lavia before any bid had come through for Fab then we should be looking at Lavia + a more immediate replacement for Fab.

Quick Reply